• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unforgiven: ECW Title Scramble Match

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
* Tiffany introduces Theodore Long. A ECW Championship Scramble Match is announced for Unforgiven. Qualifying matches will be held throughout tonight’s taping.

I didn't think it would happen. ECW wrestlers had a chance in the Smackdown qualifiers. So this really makes ECW look worse than it already does. But I still want to see it. If they're going to overload the show with these matches then 3 is no worse than two. Unless that is, the gimmick sucks.

* The Miz b. Evan Bourne
- The Miz earns a spot in the scramble at Unforgiven.

* Chavo Guerrero b. Tommy Dreamer
- Chavo gets the win with a frog splash. He's now earned a spot in the scramble.

No real surprise with either of those two winning.

* Finlay b. Mike Knox
- Finlay got the win using his shilelagh. He got the last spot in the scramble. Hornswoggle at ringside to celebrate.

I can't help but think that this would have been a better undercard match at Unforgiven. But then again I doubt this show will have much of an undercard.

* Matt Hardy b. John Morrison
- Hardy got the win with Twist of Fate.

I'm assuming this was a qualifier. But I'm unsure. You can't imagine they'd leave Morrison out of it. Unless he's having a holiday.

Another scramble match? Over kill anyone? I would have liked for Bourne to advanced, but he will get his time. The real shocker is The Miz qualifies but Morrison doesn't? Why would they leave Morrison out of the match? I would have rather had morrison in the match instead of Chavo or Miz. Maybe they have something bigger for him, maybe he failed a drug test, or maybe he's in the "doghouse" who knows? The match will be alright since Finaly/Hardy/Chavo are all solid in the ring, and The Miz has charisma so the 4 of them should be able to carry the match. Maybe they are planning a Morrison/Hardy feud or Morrison/Miz feud if either of thoes two win.

So we have three of the same match up. I am sick of the scramble already. This is a big shock though. Chavo is in it. the Miz is in it but John Morrison isnt? he is either Sick or he dont want the title. Matt Hardy has to be in it. I can see the winner being either the miz or Finlay. unless Hardy is in it. then Hardy will win.

I suppose this will be the best way for a small guy to realasticly get the title off of Henry. but i thought this was the reason they moved Hardy to ECW?. if he isnt in this its pretty confusing.

so for an hour we are watching the championship scrambles, If Morrison had of been in this instead of Chavo this could of been an interesting match, but with the people in it I highly doubt it.

The main thing this says to me is that the rest of the card for this show is going to be dry to say the least. There's 15 wrestlers in 3 matches. As for this match though, its a great way to get the belt off henry and try to save face for him somewhat. It also opens the doors for a guy like Finlay to get a suprise reign. I'd say it'll be him or Matt picking up the win. I doubt Henry will keep the belt, but Idk if they'd allow Matt to win the belt this way. Either way, its overkill no matter what.

Don't mind them going with another scramble although I would have picked a different line up. I would go: Hardy, Henry, Miz, Morrison and Bourne. Hardy and Henry are feuding, Morrison is the best wrestler on ECW and Bourne is exciting. I would have liked to put Elijah Burke in the last spot but since he hasn't been seen for ages then the Miz is the next best for the spot.

I thought that having a 3rd Championship Scramble match for ECW was possible, but I didn't really think it would happen. Although, I'm a bit shocked that John Morrison isn't going to be in it, but instead they use Chavo? THAT JUST plain... SUCKS. If I were the one making the matches, I would make Mark Henry defend against Matt Hardy, The Miz, Tommy Dreamer, and John Morrison, but instead Henry will defend against Hardy, Miz, Chavo, and Finlay. Well, atleast one of the 3 World Championships is bound to change, and I'm putting my money on this one. I expect Matt Hardy to win the E.C.W. Championship, but if he doesn't then, Henry will retain as I don't think Finlay, Miz, or Chavo will win the title.

I think this match should have had Morrison and Evan Bourne in the match. That would have made this match very exciting. It would have had a great sense of balance between all of the participants. Instead though, they put Chavo and The Miz in the match. Neither of these guys are really that bad in the ring but, Morrison and Bourne are just way better. This match won't be that bad though. We should see some high points in the match with Hardy getting the pin on The Miz or Chavo. I think this makes for a good way that Hardy can get the title from Henry without making him look weak.

Honestly I'm surprised they left John Morrison off this match...I would have probably gone with Hardy, Finlay, Morrison, and Dreamer...kind of sucks that Dreamer is the last remaining ECW Original...if not Dreamer than I would go with The Miz...both of them are at about the same level right now...I can't see putting Chavo in the mix...other than the Familia he hasn't done much recently...at least this should be the last scramble match made...

I think this match should have had Morrison and Evan Bourne in the match. That would have made this match very exciting. It would have had a great sense of balance between all of the participants. Instead though, they put Chavo and The Miz in the match. Neither of these guys are really that bad in the ring but, Morrison and Bourne are just way better. This match won't be that bad though. We should see some high points in the match with Hardy getting the pin on The Miz or Chavo. I think this makes for a good way that Hardy can get the title from Henry without making him look weak.
Only downside is , while Bourne has been strong on ECW, he's still untested in a high ranking feud...I wouldn't give him the head spotlight on ECW quite yet...he is definately impressive, but needs a bit more exposure and time in a feud with a solid midcarder (such as Miz or Chavo) to really get to that ECW main event picture...

I said this would happen in the general discussion for Unforgiven thread. Miz is in because Unforgiven is in his hometown. Morrison should be in not Chavo. I'd take Finlay over Dreamer. Matt had to be in. Miz will get a fall in the match but Hardy will win overall.Morrison should be in.

i would have replace chavo guerro with john morrison. i thought chavo was in the storyline involving la familia and undertaker. i would have prefer chavo to be in a triple threat match with undertaker and big show with the winner getting a spot in wwe championship match in the next ppv show. while bourne is very exciting to see, it is way too early for him to get a championship push.

The ONLY logical and semi-redeeming reason I can think of for not putting Morrison in this match-up is to have a Morrison/Bourne match on the undercard

Even though he should be in it, I'd almost rather see those two go at it one on one in a solid match than waste Morrison in the giant 20 min clusterfuck that will be the ECW championship scramble.

How the f'ing f@%k can you have this match without John Morrison in it. Chavo sucks balls, that's what he does. Actually I'm being harsh, it's not the end of the world. Morrison could have a feud with Bourne during this, but I'm thinking that he is being left off to hold the feud he'll have with Matt Hardy later on. I'm prediting that WWE will use this to get the title off Mark Henry, but it on Hardy, and then he and Henry will have a match at No Mercy because Henry will cry about not being pinned at the scramble. Happy to see the Miz in it, big win over Bourne. Finlay will add wonders to the match, being the wily vetern of the group and it's good to see him in the title picture. Still disappointed Super Crazy's been left off, but he's been ping ponging between ECW and SD so much, I'm not sure what show he's on.

I didn't really see this match coming to be honest, but I think having it makes sense. It makes ECW seem like it's on the same page as RAW and SD!. And now for the competitors and predictions:

Mark Henry - This is the best way for him to lose the belt, kinda like CM Punk. It won't make him look weak and won't bury him either. He could retain and bring his reign to another level or he could lose, but stay in the mix.

Matt Hardy - I see Hardy winning this match. It a good way to put him over and to give him the belt instead of beating Henry one on one. If Hardy doesn't win then Mark Henry will.

The Miz - I kinda expected him to be in, but with Morrison in the match too. He may get a pinfall, but he's not winning the match.

Finlay - good choice for the match. Nice veteran presence and a good in ring worker. I wouldn't mind at all to see Finlay win and I kinda hope he does. I think he could do good things with a little title reign.

Chavo Guerrero - This one I don't understand. He's clearly involved in the La Familia storyline on SD! so I don't know why they had to include him in this match. I would of put Morrison in here instead, but what's done is done. I can see Bourne interfering in the match and costing Chavo a win. I can't see Chavo winning this match at all.

What's up with the WWE lately? They keep booking Morrison to take the pinfalls and such, and now he's taking a backseat to Chavo on the ppv?

Its a shame that they're doing this. I can't see the ECW scramble being very entertaining when they have these competitors in it. Finlay's a solid performer, but he isn't really someone that could liven up the place with a lot of energy. Chavo, nobody gives a shit. And since Miz has no shot, this match is essentially just Hardy/Henry again. But what's a killer about it is that its 20 minutes long, so we might have to sit through 10 minutes straight of like, Henry vs Chavo. At the same time, since this might flop, and it assuredly will go before the other two title matches, it might kill all the momentum for the WWE and WHC defenses. The only thing that could possibly save it for the audience is if Hardy walks out as champion, which I think we can all agree will happen (unfortunately lol).

I really hope that this doesn't mean they've given up on Morrison and they're going to have him job out to everyone. Hardy's already pinned him several times recently.

Just for a little variety, you'd think they would make the ECW Scramble an "extreme rules" match. I guess there's still time to add that in.

I like the idea of all these participants (with the exception of Chavo, as someone else mentioned, he's supposed to be involved in a completely different storyline on another show), but three of the exact same gimmick matches for on PPV is too much.

Just for a little variety, you'd think they would make the ECW Scramble an "extreme rules" match. I guess there's still time to add that in.

The only way to win an "interim championship" during the scramble matches are from pinfall and submission, so they're all "extreme rules".

On a separate note...now that there are 3 scrambles....does anyone think that in at least one of them (maybe the World Heavyweight title one), that NOBODY will get a pinfall and the champion will retain by default? Tonight's Raw proved once more that Punk is being booked as a champion that just can't get it done on his own, so I can see them doing that to him. Hardy is the new ECW champ, Triple H retains, and Punk retains by the skin of his teeth.

The scramble has officially been overkilled. I thought it was kind of cheap that smackdown announced the scramble, but kept my mouth shut as No Way Out wasnt horrendous (with raw and smackdown both having elimination chambers). But now that ECW have announced it my mouth shall stay shut no longer.

Matt Hardy and Mark Henry were building something with a bit of substance, despite a poor summerslam match, and imo they should have been given a good 15 mins at unforgiven, with maybe a gimmick. At least Hardy is in the match though, unlike Morrison, who as a former ECW title holder should definetely not have been left out.

The match itself shouldnt be too horrible, i just think that they should have held off the scramble match and had a henry/hardy match instead.

I hope that Matt Hardy comes out with the belt and straight into a feud with Morrison at No Mercy, then The Miz at Cyber Sunday, and then a Triple Threat at either Survivor Series or Armageddon.

Holy shit! I'm sick of the fact that 90% of everyone is bitching that John Morrison isn't in the match. Get over it already! If you haven't noticed, they've been trying to give Miz and Morrison a lot of spotlight since they began teaming. Although they are a team they've both been given singles opportunities. Morrison was in MITB and The singapore cane match at ONS. Now it's time for Miz to have a big singles opportunity. People need to realize that Morrison will be back in the title picture, just not right now.

Furthermore, i think this will be a great match. Finlay, Chavo, and Hardy are all great technicians in the ring and Miz is pretty solid. Henry doesn't have to be used as much and this is a great way to get the title off of Henry in a believable way. Since WWE will probably try to expolit the "unpredictability" of the Scramble, then at least one of the three titles will change hands and the ECW title has the best chance. While a Hardy victory is most likely, I'm really hoping For Finlay.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I just don't like the Miz so I don't want him in this match. I would prefer Morrison definitely but I can see the last point that was made about Miz getting some spotlight now. I don't like that he beat Bourne though. He's the most talented guy on that roster and should've been in this match over Miz. Definitely. It would've made this more interesting. The only thing is I figured Hardy will pin Chavo or Miz to ultimately win the title. No other reason for them to be in this match and that way Henry isn't pinned so they can continue their feud. Still think the guys in this match sucks just like SD. Its definitely overkill with all 3 shows having the same match. hopefully the undercard is decent though. Jericho/Michaels will be great and hopefully the tag title match is good too.

I think it stupid to have 3 scramble matches at Unforgiven. It is going to be so boring seeing the same match 3 times. I'd rather them have a Hardy v Henry rematch as the other 3 wrestlers haven't really done anything recently and their being booked into a title match. I hope Hardy wins as he deserves a run as a champion as he is a very talented wrestler and is way over with the crowd

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I just don't like the Miz so I don't want him in this match. I would prefer Morrison definitely but I can see the last point that was made about Miz getting some spotlight now. I don't like that he beat Bourne though. He's the most talented guy on that roster and should've been in this match over Miz. Definitely. It would've made this more interesting. The only thing is I figured Hardy will pin Chavo or Miz to ultimately win the title. No other reason for them to be in this match and that way Henry isn't pinned so they can continue their feud. Still think the guys in this match sucks just like SD. Its definitely overkill with all 3 shows having the same match. hopefully the undercard is decent though. Jericho/Michaels will be great and hopefully the tag title match is good too.

I disagree about Bourne being more deserving than Miz first of all its in Miz's hometown so that'd be some fuck shit. Secondly Evan Bourne is good but he hasn't earned a title opportunity yet. He beat...Chavo thats the only credible guy I can think of hes beaten. His time will come just not yet. Chavo is in there to be fodder for Hardy duh. Miz will get a pin but Hardy will ultimately take the gold.

I'm really frustrated now over what happened at ecw now i think every single wrestling fan agree's with me when i say how the f*ck Morrison isnt in the scramble? This is going to suck major b*lss why did they put chavo the miz in but morrison out!? i do hope at the end of the scramble morrison pops out like cm punk did and through some way wins the championship that night to feud with hardy thats the only logical explenation i can think about otherwise this is just madness!

Well, we had two Elimination Chamber matches on the show before Wrestlemania, might as well have three of the same type of "time limit" match on the show after Summerslam. :rolleyes:

I read the spoilers for tonight's show, and I have to admit, I'm disappointed and annoyed. But at the same time, it at least explains why Vickie Guerrero didn't give Chavo Guerrero a spot in the Smackdown Scramble Qualification matches. Still.. not acceptable.

I think the only viable options in this match and Finlay and Matt Hardy. The Miz being in is a great thing, and Chavo is easily going to become the "fall guy" in this match.

While I'm remotely excited to see how Matt Hardy v. John Morrison did in an overall sense, I'm highly upset Morrison is held OUT of this match, while (like someone else said) Chavo is once again in an E.C.W. Championship match. Chavo is becoming the E.C.W. Batista for finding ways to gain title opportunities, chances, and shots.

Out of all the Scrambles listed for the show, this is the odds on favorite to crown a new Champion. Originally rumor suggested Matt Hardy would become the next Champion. I have a hard time seeing them play him off as worth it, after losing to Henry (remotely cleanly) last week in a single's match.

I say Finlay walks out, or Miz in a random event. I'd love to see Morrison against Miz for the title. I suppose Henry could remain, but only if they planned a faction to revolve around him.. because Mark isn't doing anything for the show, other than making me crack up each time I see him with a "belt extender". :lmao:

Call me crazy or stupid, but I see this as the having the curveball outcome with The Miz winning. Then again it is in Miz's hometown and we all know how WWE likes to have people lose in their hometown's. The other outcome I see is Mark Henry retaining thanks to Atlas, again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back