General No Mercy Discussion

Triple H vs Jeff Hardy- It was made official this Friday on SmackDown and to be truthfully honest (no matter how much i hate Triple H) he should win at No Mercy They shouldn't make Jeff Hardy win at a B show he should win it at Survivor Series, Royal Rumble or WrestleMania, or even make him win the Money in the Bank (like the Plan was for him to do last year) and Challenge for the WWE Championship at WWE Fantastic 4 Jeff Hardy winning the Championship shouldn't be at a B Show when Jeff Wins the Title it needs to be memorable and him winning at No Mercy with a Clean Victory wouldn't be so memorable would it? and they could build on this "One More Chance" Storyline to make it even more suspensful and a better Match up in the Future But Now Jeff Shouldn't win the Championship And i saw someone say somthnig in this forum or in another Forum the Idea about Triple and Valdimir Kozlov teaming and Triple H going Heel would be Awesome

Chris Jericho vs CM Punk- Well this Match is going to Be an Pretty Interesting Match it was a good match at RAW (Decent not the best but Decent) and i think these 2 Should face off at No Mercy and Make them Bring Everything they can there Style Look and Work Great Together and CM Punk could get over if they work this Right and make him a Top Face on RAW (Since John Cena is Gone and Batista is getting Old) But if this Dose Happen Jericho will retain from interference from Orton or somthing cause they are trying to start a feud between the Two

Rey Mysterio vs Kane- This is a No Brainer these two are facing off on RAW and i wouldnt be surprised to see Kane in his Mask and decimate Mysterio leading into a Match at No Mercy in a Gimmick Match (People are saying Inferno but i don't think so) if Mysterio can take Kane down like he Did on RAW i think this Match would be a Good Match

Batista vs JBL- Another No Brainer Batista vs JBL i mean i just think they're doing this just because there is no one for the two to face (for a fair fight) Mysterio and Kane are Tooken, Jericho CM Punk,Kingston,Orton,Pricelss are all taken so there is no one for these 2 to face except for each other and John Cena is out so what they plan on doing with this i don't know but it sure to be i guess a Decent Match

Cryme Tyme vs Team Priceless- Another Match i wouldn't be surprised about letting Cryme tyme once again lose to team Priceless this Match was just a Filler match to take up time at Unforgiven but i think they could've put on a better match

Kofi Kingston vs Manu- Another Match i wouldn't be surprised to see i think this Match would be another Filler or what not letting Manu Go Over Kingston but i wouldn't see anything to special about it

Beth Pheonix vs Candice Michelle- Beth Rocks Candice Sucks and knows it Beth should win but WWE Will let Michelle go over Beth i know it

Big Show vs Undertaker

Shelton vs MVP vs Kendrick

wwe championship hhh vs jeff hardy ok this match is easy hhh wins because that dam koslov. ten we see koslov vs hhh at cyber sunday or all 3 in gimmick match.

world tittle y2j vs hbk ladder match well this is the main event no doubt. i believe i called this match before it was announced. i also said it would be after that stupid unforgiven match. could be great but y2j needs the win here. hbk needs time off to build a new feud maybe taker for mania.

batista vs jbl #1 contender match this match sucks flat out im not going to lie. zero charisma and skills all around i dont care who wins but batista wins just to get tittle shot for the 1000 time.

rey vs kane sucks bad as well but could be ok if kane wins and not the dam little man vs monster storyline bull shit.

big show vs taker sucks too big show will win i guess to further the storyline but these two have no buissness in te ring together it sucked before and will not change now

candice vs beth this screams 5 min. beth will retain i say.

ecw tittle hardy vs henery this ends the feud with a clean pin by hardy. this feud sucks next please how about miz since he was close at unforgiven.

Gonna be at No Mercy.... Ill be sitting Ringside, 1st row, on the tv side.

My question is, does anyone have any creative sign ideas? I have a few of my own, but sometimes WWE security confiscates one's that may be a bit racy, or ones that arent babyface friendly.

Again though, if you have a funny sign idea, post it on here. Could be a fun discussion.

how about: "Triple H fears Divorce" LOL, i read this one in a WZ news note and i'm still lmao.

back to the PPV:

am i the only one who thinks that this PPV is gonna suck? I mean, besides the ladder match, which i think it was a rushed idea (maybe HBK really needs some time off and this is the way out) there's not another match that catch my attention like in Unforgiven.

Maybe Triple H vs Hardy stands out a little, but the problem is the outcome is too predictable. IMO there's no way Jeff walk out from No Mercy as the champ. Maybe im wrong, but again thats my take.

other than that, i just hope some other guy steal the show out of nowhere, maybe with outside interference, for example, Kozlov interfering in the WWE match, or how about Paul Bearer making a surprising appearance so it costs Kane the match.... I dont know!!! lol, thats why i said this PPV could suck. I think i'll spend my 42 bucks in alcohol i guess.

The WWE's summer of great creativity and excitement has come to a screeching halt. All the momentum this company had over the last several months has boiled into this, one of the worst looking pay per views i have seen in a long time. All of the matches are incredibly yawn worthy. The WWE had raised my hopes, especially with how great the Scrambles ended up, but failed to deliver afterward. Again, one of the worst pay per views on paper I have seen in a while, and I don't even think it will be worth me trying to *cough* it on Sunday Night.

FINAL NO MERCY PREDICTIONS

WWE Championship: HHH vs. Jeff Hardy
--Unfortunately, I don't see Hardy having a chance here. I've said it before...I don't see the point in having Hardy be #1 contender if they aren't going to give him the title. If they really, truly want this guy to become something, they need to have him BEAT HHH. Having him lose to him at No Mercy, then most likely again at Cyber Sunday, and then most likely not even getting a shot at Survivor Series is going to make him look really bad. HHH is boring as hell with this title and they need something different. But I can see stretching it out and giving Hardy a WrestleMania win - except, not now, as he'll have been beaten by HHH before various times. The match itself might be entertaining if HHH doesn't just call it in like he's been doing a lot lately (20 minute entrance, spinebuster, knee to the face, punch, punch, pedigree, 20 minute "celebration") but the outcome of the match I think is going to do nothing but hurt Hardy, so the only way I'll rule this as a success is if the match somehow becomes amazing, because I highly, highly, highly doubt that Hardy walks away with the title, and I doubt we'll see anything wonderful happen afterwards if HHH remains champion. So yeah, all in all, the end of the match will suck if Hardy doesn't win and then if the match is nothing special on top of it, then tisk tisk, WWE.

World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
--Should be a good match. What kind of bothers me about it, though, is much like the Hardy/HHH match, I'm concerned about the ending and what will happen afterwards. I really think that, if they just end the Jericho/HBK feud with this match, that it will be anticlimactic and everyone will (justifiably) complain about how the feud culminated. And then if we have Jericho vs Batista, I just don't think I'd be able to get behind it. This match though, should be highly entertaining, because Jericho and Michaels are two of the best the WWE has.

ECW Championship: Matt Hardy vs. Mark Henry
--Snooze. Matt retains and Henry goes back down to being a jobber on ECW, despite how he's been better lately than he's pretty much ever been. I've never enjoyed Matt's matches.

#1 Contender's Match: Batista vs. JBL
--Another pain in the ass. Batista can have an ok match if he's with someone decent, but JBL is atrocious. Batista clearly wins this so he can have his match against Jericho at Cyber Sunday and Survivor Series. I'm so sick of JBL....

Mysterio vs. Kane
--I swear, with stuff like this, its like they're begging me to not buy the ppv and to watch it online instead lol. Kane wins after being made to look like an ass by selling Mysterio's weak looking kicks and such. That way, they have a rematch at Cyber Sunday, some sort of gimmick, where Mysterio wins. Snooze....again.

Women's Championship: Beth Phoenix vs. Candice Michelle
--I don't know what to say that I haven't already criticized the other for, except that this match has the potential to be not just as bad as Mysterio/Kane or Batista/JBL, but even worse. Beth retains.

Undertaker vs. Big Show
--Due to Undertaker's injuries, I don't think this will be anything to write much about. No matter who wins, they'll still have a gimmick match at Cyber Sunday.

I don't have high expectations of this ppv at all. I think HBK/Y2J will be the only really solid match, but even then, I have a feeling that the endings of these matches will be a real burden on them all. I hope I'm not right, but I wouldn't be making the prediction unless I thought I was.

Just a couple of random booking scenarios I can see coming from this.

IS there a better scenario on earth than this...

Hardy winning the title off Trips, and facing the Big Show at Cyber Sunday, after Show decimates Taker, and receives a title shot as a reward??? Great match up of big power offense Vs Fantastic bumping ability. This would enable a Trips-Kozlov feud, which would be far better for buisness right now. And also sets up for a Edge tweener return, to take revenge on Vickie, and bail Hardy out by interference, while show is murdering him at Cybe Sunday. This is the scenario I can see playing out for Hardy to take the title. Damn I should book for WWE.

Why the fuck are there no mid caard title matches?? No IC, US, or tag?? So we can have JBL-Batista?? Fucking Candice Vs Beth??? what???. Fail WWE.

I dont think ive ever paid 40$ for one match before. But ill be doing it sunday. The ladder match had better be worth it.

I agree with NorCal....No Mercy will be without Shelton Benjamin, Santino, Brian Kendrick and MVP....Have Shelton defend the belt against R-Truth...That would be a most logical addition to the PPV....This ladder match will probably take up at least 30 minutes and if not the HHH-Hardy match will take up most of the time and probably will be the last match on the card

So out of a possible 70 score, I have this show expected score of 48.5. which is 69%. yeeesh. a "D" show. I can honestly say this is the first WWE show in a long time that I have doubted myself on buying. It really is ALL for the ladder match.

I just dont know what they are doing. Batista-JBL, and Taker-Show are matches that should be on seperate shows, not just one. Shit like that is only supposed to take up one PPV spot per month. No mid card titles, none of the 2nd generation stable. Nothing. CM Punk must feel cool. From being WHC main event one show, to not even on the program the next month. No fault of his. This is a horridly booked show by WWE.

No Mercy looks like it's going to be a good ppv and I'm not sure if I want to order it or not. There are a few good matches on the card and some aren't too good, as usual.

World Heavyweight Title:
Chris Jericho (c) vs. Shawn Michaels

When the match was first annouced, I had my doubts but now I see that the feud between Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho is slowly ending. I wouldn't mind seeing Shawn Michaels with the World Title again but Jericho should keep it for a few more months.

WWE Championship:
Triple H (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

I want Jeff Hardy to win but I doubt Triple H will be dropping the title any time soon. This match could go either way but I think Triple H will retain the WWE Championship.

Grudge Match:
The Undertaker vs The Big Show

Ah, this match should be interesting, Undertaker should win though. I wouldn't mind seeing the feud continue for a few weeks.

#1 Contender's Match:
John Bradshaw Layfield vs Batista

I'm getting real tired of seeing JBL in WWE period, he doesn't add much to the wrestling business but he is a great heel. I hope Batista wins!

I'll post the rest of my predictions later.

Let's see, we have three terrible matches in Batista vs JBL, Taker vs Big Show, and Hardy vs Henry, a Women's title match that nobody gives a fuck about, and the most predictable match ever in Kane vs Mysterio(Rey removing his mask? Lol, not a chance in Hell). Then we have the WWE title match between Trips and Jeff which is most likely gonna get ruined by Koslov's interference(Triple Threat at Cyber Sunday anyone?), and a Ladder match that is probably gonna fail to live up to expectations from fans that think every match Y2J and HBK has is 5 star matches. This is the first PPV that I am not ordering since Armageddon last December, whoever wastes 40 bucks on this has to be diehard.

Ok, basicaly, a crap PPV that truly has only ONE match with epic potential: HBK vs Y2J in a Ladder Match for the WHC.

Beth Phoenix vs Candice Michelle: This is a crap match win Candice so rusty, not that it would make much difference if she wasn't. I would've rather seen Kelly Kelly face Beth than Candice. (That is, if WWE just HAD to have a Women's Championship match.) Kelly Kelly's the one whose pinned Beth twice now. Basicaly, horrid booking by the WWE on this one. This match shouldn't even be here considering the other stink bombs on here.

Match Rating: 4 Stars

JBL vs Batista: This match is by far the worst aspect of booking WWE made for this PPV. WWE is now trapped in a corner, by insuring that one of these boring brawlers are going to face either Jericho or Michaels for the WHC. Basicaly, a yawn feud is what we're getting in the aftermath of No Mercy. I guess thats the price to play for whats going to be a great ladder match.

Match Ratiing: 5.5 Stars

Undertaker vs Big Show: Nothing spectacular abou this match, just a total brawl, that might be decent if Undertaker wins.

Match Rating: 6.5

Kane vs Rey Mysterio: This feud has been on one weak leg for a long time now, so, hopefully, this will be the end of it so Mysterio can go on to better things. Mysterio will keep the match somewhat entertaining with his high flying. But Kane will keep this match from defying gravity for most of it. Mysterio gets the win after hitting a 619.

Match Rating: 6 Stars

ECW Championship: Matt Hardy vs Mark Henry: Another feud thats getting stale rather quickly for me. Henry had a surprisingly decent run as champ, but it's time for Hardy to get past Henry and get to a more suitable contender.

Match Rating: 6.5

WWE Championship: Triple H vs Jeff Hardy: Finally, what could actually be a good match. These guys are great performers, and niether are boring in the ring, Hardy especially. Most liikely to see Triple H retain here, due to the risk of Hardy and his... morales.

Match Rating: 7.5 stars

WHC Ladder Match: Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels: I thought this feud was over when Michaels beat the hell out of Jericho in their last match. Luckily it wasn't and I see this as the proper send off to quite possibly the feud of the year. This is easily the match of the night! Plus, no one truly has any idea whose actually gonna win this one.

Match Rating: 9 Stars (Thats might be a hopeful rating, but this match definitely has the potential.)

NO MERCY REVIEW

Per usual, I'm writing this as the ppv is going on.

ECW Championship: Matt Hardy vs. Mark Henry
--Can't really rate it as I couldn't get my stream working. Hardy retaining makes sense though and we all knew he wouldn't lose.

Women's Championship: Beth Phoenix vs. Candice Michelle
--From what I saw of it, there was nothing worth seeing. Candice needs to just leave. The only thing this was good for is earning me some VBookie points lol.

Rey Mysterio vs. Kane
--Boring. Same old, same old. Bad ending as well.

Promo Segment: Priceless/Orton/MVP/Punk/Kofi
--Decent segment. Manu just used the same promo he did before, though. No clue why the fans were chanting "boring" as I found it more exciting than the Mysterio match. MVP teasing a face turn? Where's Cryme Tyme?

#1 Contender's Match: Batista vs. JBL
--Practically a squash match. I had no interest in it and it didn't give me anything to change my mind about. Obvious that Batista would win. Now its obvious that HBK loses as well. When JBL got the mic, due to how much of a squash this was, I assumed that he'd be saying that his money loss made it so he bet against himself and purposely threw the match. That way, he'd make some of his money back. Instead, he cuts a promo that fits basically no where? And then we're followed by Cryme Tyme stealing his limo? Shouldn't this have been on Raw? The match was subpar and the segment did nothing special. This just screams "first hour main event of Raw" rather than "something you spend part of your 40 bucks to watch".

Footage of Undertaker being punched by Big Show for the 100000th time
--Good lord. I am so FREAKING sick of seeing this footage. They've shown it EVERY SINGLE CHANCE they've gotten, and they've even shown it at least 5 times in that one episode. Contrary to what they're hoping this does NOT make me want to see the match more. A better angle would! Not "re-watch the same segment again and again and again". Instead, its making me really look forward to the match just being over, which is something they shouldn't be aiming for.

Undertaker vs. Big Show
--Big Show attempting a Vader Bomb? Nice DDT from Undertaker. I'll admit, I was wrong. This match was better than what I thought it would be. But seriously, wtf kind of gay ending was that? How many times lately have they used the "ref stops the match" card? Its overkill. The only way that will have a good impact is if you do it in RARE circumstances. Then it really seems special. Remember Austin and Hart at WrestleMania? Now that meant something. But this is getting ridiculous. Big Show knocking people out with one punch......why doesn't he just punch them at the beginning of the match? Taker oversold the "knockout", too.

WWE Championship: HHH vs. Jeff Hardy
--Ok. I could nitpick and say "of course HHH no-sells BOTH of Hardy's finishers", but you know what? I'm not. As much as I agree with the people that say HHH does hold people back and make himself look better than everyone else on a regular basis, you can't deny the fact that Hardy was made to look VERY good in this match. VERY good. The match kept me interested, had lots of good counters, nice pacing, they were trying some new things instead of the same couple of spots over and over again, etc. I'm very glad we didn't have to sit through Kozlov ruining the outcome or something. I don't mind the fact that HHH retained due to the fact that the match was not only very solid but it also wasn't booked to make Hardy look inadequate. That little segment backstage, "its only a matter of time, right?"....I guess they're planning on having Jeff be the one to take the title from HHH after all. I'm more than willing to sit through another match like the one they had tonight.

World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
--Damn. That was a STRESSFUL match. I'm a big fan of both guys, and I love having Jericho as champ, but I'd love even more so for HBK to be champion again. So to me, either guy winning is good, but I was rooting for HBK. I was really pissed when Cade came out, cause I thought the WWE would just do the standard "interference costs someone in a ladder match and the champ retains" scenario. But that ending with the tug-o-war was one of the better endings of a ladder match that I've scene possibly ever. They kept the suspense up until the last second, while with most ladder matches, one spot happens and we all just have to wait for the inevitable as we watch the clear winner struggle up the ladder. This time, it could've gone either way. These two put on a great match, and I hope that Jericho didn't screw up his knee on the way down from the top of the ladder as it seemed like he might've. I hope this isn't the end of the feud between these two.

So overall...the ppv was very poor save for the two main matches, which were both fantastic. Now I just hope that Cyber Sunday puts a spin on these, as its clear that some of these feuds aren't desperately in need of a gimmick to be attached.

Darkshot77's Review of WWE No Mercy 08

Wow this was lackluster. Lots of hype but on several levles did not deliver, there were too many weak finishes, which really defined this PPV

Matt Hardy v. Mark Henry-I was making popcorn so I didnt see this match. but Hardy won....whoopdedoo. Question is...whose next.

We have HHH and Hardy face off, HHH said that Hardy had every given talent...I said to my self...yea except for mic skill.

Beth Pheonix v. Candice Michelle-Accually wasnt so bad, I said to my friend "If Candice wins with a roll up, I will punch my computer" luckilly for me she didn't but she almost did. But in the end the right woman won. Glam slam and we move on.

Kane cut a promo calling us monsters and was being an all around self rightous prick. Let me tell you this new pesona is totally working...not!

Rey Mysterio v. Kane-This was just what we expected, not grest and boreling on both sides of the coin. Mysterio has lost his touch. In the end Kane uses a chair and gets DQ. Thats 1 bad ending.

The WWE got all Promo Crazy. And we have an MVP, Orton, Priceless, Punk Segment. Everybody threw some words out and we hostile towards everybody. MVP attacked Vicky, Orton attacked MVP, Priceless attacked Orton and MVP, and then Punk and Kofi came out and used MVP as a distraction to get one up on Priceless. After all the talk the only purpose of this whole segment was for Punk and Kofi to get one up. That just as easily should have happened on Raw with out MVP.

Batista v. JBL-The bullshit continues with a Batista squash...thats right a squash on a PPV, what the hell. Then JBL cut a promo Mocking the goverment for bailing out the rich at the cost of the poor. Cryme Tyme then stole his limo pust some divas in it and rolled off. This segment took way to long and what worsened it was the fact it was after another promo. I was bored out of my mind, thank god I didnt pay for this shit.

Yet again they show the unforgive footage...hopefully now they will have new footage to replay over and over and over again.

Big Show v. The Undertaker-Decent match with a very nice DDT by Taker. But alas it ended with 3 right hands and a ref stoppage, going overboard on the stoppages arnt we WWE. Bad match ending number 2. All that staggering Taker was very annoying.

Jeff Hardy v. Triple H-Very good match aloots of back and forth where neither man looked weak, but the ending was a little lackluster, I would have much perfered a Koslov run in. HHH retaines and respect is showne all around.

Chris Jericho v. Shawn Michales-This was a funny match for me because i was doing my own comentary with my brotheres who dont watch wrestling. The were two spotsa in particular that I called. one was when Jericho put the ladder on the ring post, I told them now that Jericho has put the ladder there he will be the one thown into it, lo and behold I was right. The other spot was when Jericho tried to bring the ladder through the second rope. I told them that the propper way to do it was to slide the ladder aunder the bottom rope but because he was doing it this way some thing bad would happen. Yet again i was right as Shawn hit the ladder and Jeriocho LOST A TOOTH. Now if he would have brought the ladder in the propper way like a good little boy this never would have happened. Very stressful ending to a good match but Jericho retains.

Final Thoughts:Its started ok, ended well but absolutely tanked in the middle. Even with the very good ladder match the PPV as a whole fails.

Final Score:4 out of 10

I see a lot of people slating this PPV, and in some instances for good reason. There were a lot of decisions that made absolutely no sense, and a good 25 minutes worth of talking that could easily have been dedicated to a tag title match or US title match, but hey, why would you wanna put your mid card talent on PPV right? PPfffffff!

I for one enjoyed No Mercy. I felt that with the exception of Batista/JBL, each match was executed well for the most parts, and the show was only let down on a couple of occassions, but those occassions were siignificant ones so it brought the overall rating down for me, but still worth watching imo.

ECW Championship match: Matt Hardy v Mark Henry

Now, i'm not going to sit here and pretend that i actually watch ECW, but i naturally assume that Mark Henry's ring work is just as diabolical as it has been the rest of his 10 years in WWE. After seeing the ECW Scramble match which featured 10 out of a set 20 dedicated minutes involving him squash everyone at once, my assumptions were confirmed. Mark Henry casts doubt on match quality before you even announce his opponent, and Matt doesn't rank high on my list of favourite wrestlers either, so i wasn't expecting much. This match was actually pretty solid. We didn't have a 3 minute bear hug, Mark Henry actually sold his knee injury fairly consistently, and there weren't any instances where you felt that Matt was definitely going to win either. A pretty shoddy way to escape the World's Strongest Slam, but believable, and solidifies the notion that if Matt sticks his arm in the air and yells before trying the TOF that he won't hit it.

6/10

WWE Women's Championship:
Candice Michelle v The Glamazon; Beth Phoenix

I'm thankful for 3 things. A) this match was short and sweet. B) There was some Santino involvement in the match that DIDN'T result in a DQ, and C) if we had to have a Divas match, it was a Raw diva match and not SD! I gotta ask though, is Santino rubbing off onto Beth? IS his ineptitude as a wrestler affecting her? Why has she gone from uber dominant, applying 2 backbreakers at once, obliterating divas left right and centre, into losing everytime someone executes a quick roll up and getting into the same predicaments every match? Candice really sells well overall imo, and she's clearly over (for some reason), it's a shame her ring work isn't as good, but there is definitlely some improvement showing. Beth really needs an opponent at her level other Mickie James.

5/10

Mask On The Line
Mysterio v Kane

I notice lots of people saying this match was boring. I have to disagree. I assumed they'd go with the typical 10 minute beat down by Kane with Mysterio getting in little offense and somehow getting a quick roll up win, which would have sucked. Instead we got Rey frantically trying to keep the big man down, to no avail. This was probably one of Kane's best matches all year and i personally think they worked very well together. However, the end to this match ruined it purely because it made absolutley no sense. As Nick said in his review, if Kane is so desperate to unmask Rey, why did he get himself DQ'd? I couldn't see any real danger of Kane losing at that point, and then when Rey's down saying he can't feel his legs, Kane DOESN'T try to get the mask then? WTF people?

Would of been a 7 if the ending hadn't been ******ed so 5/10

MVP/Orton/Priceless/Punk/Kofi segment. What a waste of time. So is MVP turning face or what? Why couldn't we have had a 6 man tag instead of a 7 man chat on a PPV? And are we really expected to believe that Punk and Orton didn't walk past each other backstage? Or is the Unforgiven blame now shifted solely onto Priceless in Punk's eyes as they seem to want anyway? Pah-leez!

No 1 contender's match JBL v Batista

If you didn't watch No Mercy but you did see Wrestlemania this year or have it on DVD or can find it online, re-watch the Batista/Umaga match and simply replace Umaga with JBL, and you'll know exactly how it all went down. Not being an American and not really paying attention to the US economy issues when we have our own to worry about, JBL's promo fell flat for me, despite his mic skills. Cryme Tyme need to have as many matches as segments and they'll be the most over tag team in the company. Their segments always seem to drag on too long as well, oh and the divas in the background were hardly conspicuos.

Undertaker v Big Show.

Well.... a month ago Big Show totally blasted Taker in a far too drawn out segement with nothing but punches. After a month of being reminded of it repeatedly, Big Show decides to outwrestle the Deadman, fails, and then reverts back to his superhuman right hand. It's been said already but hell.... WHY DIDN'T HE JUST PUNCH HIM IMMEDIATEY???? WHY BOTHER WITH JOSTLING FOR LEVERAGE TO DELIVER A CHOKESLAM WHEN YOU'RE GONNA WIN BY PUNCHING HIM IN THE FACE IN 3 MINUTES TIME??? NO ONE WANTS TO SEE A DECENT, FAST PACED MATCH BETWEEN TWO OF YOUR BEST SUPERHEAVYWEIGHTS END WITH PUNCHES!!!!!! WWE EMPLOYEES, WRITE THIS DOWN. STRIKES AS FINISHERS FUCKING SUCK!!!! The Drive-By kick is a shit finisher, The Khali Chop was a shit finisher, the curb stomp is a shit finisher, the knee trembler is a shit finisher, and a straight punch is also a shit way to end a match. The audience weren't confused by the ending for god's sake, they simply saw it coming amile off like the rest of the world when the pad came off, and thought it was shit. That's why it didn't get a reaction.

As realistic as those sort of endings may be, they are pissing off people who pay good money to see a climactic ending with shit like that.

Due to a terrible ending this match gets a 6 instead of an 8 because the match was decent up until that point.

WWE Championship
HHH v Jeff Hardy

I don't know what it is, but i always fall asleep during HHH matches on PPV. Again, re-watch Jeff v Orton and imagine HHH actually making Jeff look like championship material, and you get this match, except instead of an ending where Orton looked to have gotten bored and said 'fuck it, that'll do' followed by RKO outta nowhere, HHH actually had to use a desperate counter to win and then looked the worse for wear after the match. I love how they played on 'always 1 second away' angle all month only to continue it again, knowing that the fans would want that match to be the moment the tide changed for Jeff. Why no Koslov until after? Why bother having him attack both the champ AND the No 1 contender for a month, and then have him just stare down the champ. Why didn't HHH smash his face in? I mean Koslov got him AGAIN last friday, so where was the retaliation?

8 out of 10. Could have been higher if it hadn't been so obvious that Jeff wouldn't win. It's not because i think HHH wouldn't put him over, or that he can't be a good champ, it's the trust issue within Creative towards him which they're totally justified to have. He shoul just be thankful that his strikes haven't equalled his oush in the toilet like everyone else who's had a suspension.

"We have HHH and Hardy face off, HHH said that Hardy had every given talent...I said to my self...yea except for mic skill." Lol, great minds must think alike

WHC Ladder match: Y2J v HBK

I really hope this fued picks up again before WM. Obviously it's not going to be going on leading up to Cyber Sunday, but i hope that wasn't the end of this fued. I persoanally have enjoyed it thoroughly, there's no doubt it'll get 'Fued of the year', and this match has certainly been the best between the two so far. Nice spots overall, Jericho losing his tooth somehow made me believe in this fued even more (plus when he smiled as the PPV ended i could just imagine 'Toothless aggression' signs surfacing again, only for them to be banned or confiscated within seconds). Not the best ladder match ever but still a very enjoyable one. Lance Cade needs his own storyline, badly.

8.5/10 purely because we had to resort to a Lance Cade run in AGAIN

Apart from the time wasting, poor match outcomes and slight repetition of the same old shit, i enjoyed this PPV. Sure it was no Unforgiven, or Wrestlemania or Summerslam, but it was still better than ones like Judgement Day and the GAB.

Side note: How can Jericho get away with saying he's the most dangerous man with a ladder when he works in the same company as Edge?

Ehhhh.

Im not even doing a big match by match thing, just general thoughts.

This PPV felt like a slap in the face from WWE. I never say anything sucks, and so for me to say how bad this is, lets you know it was terrible. This was so bad, it has me totally deflated. I dont even want to get Cyber Sunday and the build hasnt even started. Matt Hardy Vs Henry was a bore, as bland and vanilla as it gets. Not as if I expected better, but if I were chop my hand off with an axe right now, I would be able to predict the result, and it wouldnt make it any less unpleasant. Same thing with this match. Same thing with Beth Vs Candice. Thank god Beth won though.

Kane Vs Mysterio had some decent bumping, but nothing too great. I would say it did better than many expected, but still wasnt anything great. Certainley not for 40$

Batista Vs JBL ended up being a glorified squash. Im quite sure they have had bette rmatches on RAW, or Shotgun Saturday Night for that matter. Some high impact offense, but no one realy belives Batista has any sort of chance against Jeritron, so it is to no avail.

Big Show squashes Taker just like I predicted. This match ended up being mildly better than I thought it would, but still sucked. Is anyone else noticing a trend???

Trip H Vs Hardy was fine. The first ten minutes of it was about as entertaining as hanging sheet rock. People will cry out about Phsycology, and I will laugh. The right Phsycology for this match based on the characters would be Hardy going crazy hitting Trips with everything he gots, while Trips is wearing him down with holds, and coming from the bottom with huge high impact moves. There was pretty much neither in this, as the two men inexplicably lay on each other for the most part of the contest. The last 5 minutes were good though, as they gave you real hope that Hardy was going to take it.

HBK Vs Jeritron can probably be called the disappointment of the year. This match wasnt very great at all. Id give it a solid 8, or 8.5, but I expected soooooo much more. It was fine, not hardly worth 40$ though. this wouldve been an acceptable main event had it been atop a strong mid card. but it wasnt. it was atop a laborious mid card.

No Mercy was easily the worst PPV of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back