• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Mercy: Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy

i believe they will put on probably 3rd best match on the show.
Wow, what a bold prediction. There are a grand total of seven matches on the card...1 of them has Kane so that sucks, one has Henry vs. Hardy, so that sucks, another has JBL vs. Batista (who have never worked well together), so that sucks...

So, out of a possible 4 matches that actually have a chance to not suck, you're putting it third. Really says a lot doesn't it?

Anyways, I haven't watched Smackdown for a few weeks, but I don't have to. I know how this match ends. It ends with Hardy doing the honors for Triple H, just like Cena did back at NoC. Triple H does the honors, and then you repay him. Not only that, but Hardy isn't even a year removed from his last suspension, has a history of trouble making, apparently missed a flight because of alcohol, was fired from TNA due to no-shows...what part of that says to you "World Champion"?

None of it. I like Hardy. I'm not going Shockymaster on everyone and say that he sucks, because he's entertaining. But, no way does he win this match...or, if he wins the match, no way he wins the title.

Jeff Hardy has become a better performer in the ring, he has the ability to get the audience behind him. That being said, I don't believe it will be enough for him to win the title. Jeff has issues outside the square circle and I do not believe Vince would take a chance to put the title around a guys waist who may make an ass out of himself in public. I think son in law will be keeping the title, but I will also tell you how this match will end. Both have close pin falls back and forth, just when it appears Hardy's dream will come true that Russian dude comes down and interferes in the match attacking both men.
The match ends in a disqualification, people throw pop corn and boo.

Yea. I dig all the "Hardy hopers" who are trying to uber analyze this until they can figure out ways for Hardy to do this. Guess what??

He isnt going to.

"but NorCal!!! Kozlov!!! KOOOOZZZLOOOOVVV!!!!"

Well, what sounds more likely to you. Kozlov interfereing, costing Trips the title, then them feuding??? No. Kozlov interferes, and costs Hardy, then goes on to squash Hardy, to set up a Trips-Kozlov title showdown at Survivor Series?? YES. Quit with the wishfull thinking.

Hardy is going to be the most over guy wether he has the title or not. Why take the risk of putting the belt on him when he has been a continual fuck up?? What would build Kozlov better, a title win over Trips, or the little dope head?? yes. It makes no sense to put the belt on Hardy now, or ever really.

I will say this however. If there ever WAS a time to do it. It would be now. He is white hot over, and this season is perfect for a short reighn, until probably the Royal RUmble, to see how he handles the pressure. If he fucks it up, not as big a deal this time of year. He can drop at the Rumble, and not have a WM main event riding on him. So im not totally counting him out.

Expected match rating : 8

NorCal's Pick : Triple H

If this had been made into a Triple Threat with Koslov i would be inclined to actually care. After nearly 10 years of watching wrestling i've grown very tired of watching both of these guys. Both of them do very few of the things i used to love about them, maybe because of the 'WWE style' of match that they enforce now, and tbh i can see the ending coming a mile off.

Hardy will not become champ. End of.

Hey man, i'll eat my own words and admit i'm wrong when i am, but when it comes to PPV outcomes i'm very rarely wrong. I may get the details wrong, but the winners and losers i tend to nail on the head unless there's a total swerve like the Raw Scramble.

I can see this ending the night as this is the only match hyped on the TV adds, and will most likely involve Koslov either interfering and costing Jeff the belt, starting a fued between them so that HHH can get another challenger, or Koslov coming for another piece of HHH after the match and both he and Jeff beat the crap out of Koslov. Why involve Koslov from the moment Jeff was named no. 1 contender, if he isn't going to make an appearance tonight?

Hopefully it won't be the same as Armageddon '07 where HHH just beat Hardy senseless and lost to a quick roll-up

This match can go either way but I think Triple H is going to retain his World Title tonight on No Mercy. I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff Hardy winning the title but I highly doubt the WWE will actually give him the belt anytime soon.

I think it's going to be a pretty good brawl and hopefully the match last for a good 20-30 minutes.

So this was a really good match, much better than I thought it would be. Too many rest holds though. But after the great match, the finish was a bit anticlimactic, and it will let this feud continue. And Hardy looked extremely good in this match, he had me thinking he's actually going to win it! I see probably a triple threat with Kozlov now, as Jeff wil say HHH got lucky, and Kozlov is getting a title shot after being up in HHH's face like that.

Hm I was kind of hoping for Hardy to actually walk away with the strap, even though it also was a bit unlikely due to the recent press...

However, from what I can tell, Hardy was made to look like a million bucks, if Trips couldn't even use the Pedigree to beat him (and the Pedigree usually finishes EVERYONE), but actually needed to resort to a surprise pin. But I think the loss proves that WWE still doesn't trust Hardy enough yet. However, it opens a big door of possibility for Hardy to win the Rumble this year. We'll see where this all goes. Sooner or later, someone simply needs to take the belt off Trips in any case. Of course he is credible as champ, but in the long run, WWE needs to give new guys some rub as well - and little would do as much for any younger competitor than a title win over HHH.

But how many title chances are they going to give Jeff Hardy? He has been hovering around the title picture for over 6 months, getting title shot after title shot, if they aren't going to give him the belt, get him out of the picture in favor of someone else. I am sick of seeing Jeff Hardy/HHH when I know HHH is gonna keep the belt...the WWE either needs to give Hardy the belt as a huge show of trust, expressing their faith that he won't blow it this time, or put someone else in his place as a title contender. I predict they will wrestle yet again at Cyber Sunday, its gonna end up being a gimmick match that strongly favors Hardy, and I hope that Hardy finally wins the belt, or we get the last matchup between them. Either way. The WWE needs to either pull the trigger on Jeff Hardy, and give him the belt, or drop him from the main event. I am just sick of the repetitive Hardy/HHH matches.

Definitely true. I was talking about Hardy probably being in consideration of a Rumble win on the grounds that his current title aspirations are put to a halt due to his loss now. He should be out of the immediate contendership for a little while - especially since he lost a couple of times now in title matches - and be involved in some other type of feud, while Trips also moves on... but should probably hover around the upper midcard until the rumble, when he finally could get another shot by winning that, and then moving on to WM to challenge for the belt... However, it also really depends on where they want to go with Edge. He would be my pick of choice as of right now to win the Rumble... however if he manages to capture the belt before that, he could serve as a decent opponent for Jeff Hardy, maybe even better than HHH... Hardy and Edge have enough history from their tag team days with each other, and if the big one could be on the line between them, it would definitely be a great match... I mean, anyone going over Triple H is always a good rub for the superstar (unless you are HBK or Taker, who don't really need that type of push anymore), but Edge has also been made into a top tier player in any case, and a victory over him (esp. with the title on the line) could also do much for Hardy.

Jeff vs hhh at cs in a ladder match hardy needs to finally win the belt and not keep on coming up short. I doubt they will have a ladder match on two consequtive ppv's, but it would be a good match for hardy to win the belt in.

I really loved the match but now it's time for both man to move on to other thing. HHH need to move on to another contender will Jaff should be out of the title pictures for now. have i'm feud with The Brian Kendrick or some other mid-carder until the the royal rumble then will see. If jeff hardy has any chance of winning the championship, i think it should happen at wrestlemania and not before because that way Jeff will finally establish himself as a true superstar.

Freakin' amazing match, blowing everything else on the show completely out of the water. God, I wish Triple H would bring this kind of game to his regular matches, but I guess not. I was on the edge of my seat, something that hasn't happened since SummerSlam. Forget the Y2J vs. HBK ladder match, this was the money match.

I also really like this match. I am a Hardy fan, and I was on the edge of my seat everytime he was close to winning. I knew HHH would most likely retain(and I was fine with that)but still the slim chance that Hardy would win kept this match exciting. Typical bout between these 2 nothing spectecular but the story behind it kept me and others it seems entertained.

I have to give props to Triple H for making Hardy look amazing. Triple H winning by a fluke pin? That's something we rarely see and it was a great change from the regular Triple H routine. I think it's clear that Hardy is going to be WWE Champion someday since they keep playing that "1 second away" angle with him.

I have to give props to Triple H for making Hardy look amazing. Triple H winning by a fluke pin? That's something we rarely see and it was a great change from the regular Triple H routine. I think it's clear that Hardy is going to be WWE Champion someday since they keep playing that "1 second away" angle with him.

what are you kidding me . the onyl way triple h made Jeff Hardy look good was by getting the fluke pin. i have heard that jeff had a amazing match one of his best and was the second best match of the night ( no surprise).

anyways i was somewhat dissapointed with the decision at first. becuase i thought maybe a double count out or a DQ finish wouldn't of hurt that much ( mainly the double count out) but with this fluke pin it makes hardy look stronger and makes triple h more better ( not in the ring with helping other people out). so yeah i am mainly buying teh dvd for this and the ladder match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back