• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Unforgiven Discussion

You Know After Seeing LAst Night This Storyline Seems To Be Getting Better With Y2j Comments On Raw And Hbks After Paper View Remarks This Could Be As Good If Not Better Then Undertaker Edge Feud. Now We Need A Really Good match To End His Feud. As I See IT Getting Old As Well. How About A 60 Minute Iron Man Match Or A Ladder Match To End It All.

I can actually see it being a Ladder match, especially because of Shawn's comment that Jericho will never be 'Shawn Michaels'. Shawn is widely renowned as the one who 'made' the ladder match, had the first and one of the best. It was something he mentioned when talking about what he's done in the business at Summerslam. It would be almost as if Jericho was trying to beat Shawn in his own back yard. I think it'd be a great way to end this feud.

I think the best way to end this feud is a Last Man Standing match. Micheal's and Jericho will play this as let the best man win. HBK will win on some Music begin delivered and Jericho will then on Raw not let this feud go and will keep harping on HBK and bad mouthing him left and right. Then on one of the later PPV's they'll have the last match on the Card in a Ladder match.

I think these will happen:

Shawn Michaels -vs- Chris Jericho
A given I think due to what happened at Summerslam. Will probs be either a Last Man Standing or No Holds Barred match.

Cryme Tyme -vs- DiBiase & Rhodes, World Tag Team Titles
It's been a while since the titles were defended on PPV and I can see them doing this at Unforgiven. DiBiase and Rhodes are good champions for me, and I would think they will come out champs.

Matt Hardy -vs- Mark Henry, ECW Title
I can see this being Hardy's final chance at gaining the ECW title and I think he will gain it here.

Santino Marella -vs- Kofi Kingston, Intercontinental Title
Kingston to regain the title here for me. In my books Marella's been made too weak lately to have any sort of longish reign.

Can't fathom what they plan to do for the WWE title picture. Maybe a Big Show heel turn? Or the much anticipated push for M.V.P?

Does anyone see the possibility of an ECW Championship scramble too with Mark Henry vs Matt Hardy vs John Morrison vs Miz vs Dreamer/Chavo/Finlay??? What are your thoughts?

Does anyone see the possibility of an ECW Championship scramble too with Mark Henry vs Matt Hardy vs John Morrison vs Miz vs Dreamer/Chavo/Finlay??? What are your thoughts?

That'd be awesome. Henry/Hardy/Morrison/Miz.........can't see it being Finlay as he's involved with Knox....Chavo's got Bourne....so I guess Dreamer would be the other one. Shame that they wouldn't give the title to Morrison out of the bunch, though.

Unfortunately, I don't think they'll end up doing it. They clearly thought so little about the ECW title at Summerslam that they didn't even give us a match at all, so they probably will just want to have another Hardy/Henry and ask the fans to just "deal with it".

Lets See Unforgiven

World Championship Scramble Match
CM Punk vs John Cena vs JBL vs Batista vs Kane

I really think that CM Punk may just straight up Kurt Angle this from Hell in a Cell, probably gettin a pin over JBL towards the very end of the time limit

WWE Championship Scramble Match
Triple H vs The Brian Kendrick vs MVP vs Jeff Hardy vs Shelton Benjamin

I can see HHH losing it early to maybe someone like MVP, then Triple H gettin it back, and Jeff Hardy beating him near the end

Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels (Street Fight)
Shawn Michaels would def get revenge in this match, and i think that he would pick up the win here, or maybe Cade helping Jericho out, im not sure, but im goin with HBK

ECW Championship Scramble
Mark Henry vs Matt Hardy vs John Morrison vs The Miz vs Tommy Dreamer

Mark Henry would probably dominate, i could see each of them holding the title for a little bit, but Mark Henry coming out at the end with the belt

The Undertaker vs Big Show
Remember back when Big Show had a character he wanted to be the best big man in the WWE, i could see him turning heel (for real this time) and jumping The Undertaker, i would assume this match wont end cleanly, so The Undertaker by DQ

Tag Team Title Match: Cryme Tyme vs Ted Dibiase/Cody Rhodes
Since Cryme Tyme stole the belt, i think that this match will be set up at Unforgiven, and i believe that Cryme Tyme actually gets the title match they deserve

That'd be awesome. Henry/Hardy/Morrison/Miz.........can't see it being Finlay as he's involved with Knox....Chavo's got Bourne....so I guess Dreamer would be the other one. Shame that they wouldn't give the title to Morrison out of the bunch, though.

Unfortunately, I don't think they'll end up doing it. They clearly thought so little about the ECW title at Summerslam that they didn't even give us a match at all, so they probably will just want to have another Hardy/Henry and ask the fans to just "deal with it".

But then where do Miz and Morrison go do they finally get their rematch against H & R. Even though both teams are heels. I think if they did have this Matt would win the title and feud with Morrison for awhile. I could see Morrison getting an early fall. Then Miz pins someone else not knowing he screwed his partner and Matt gets the win in the end. Either over Miz or Dreamer. Miz would have to win it once because Unforgiven is in his hometown.

Originally Posted by wwefan49

i dont think they will do a third championship scramble as it would just be plain over kill as by the time they would have gotten to the last scramble match every one would be bored as they would have already seen it before.

matches already
wwe championship 'championship scramble' match
HHH vs Brian Kendrick vs MVP vs Jeff hardy vs Shelton Benjamin
winner: (easy) HHH

world championship 'championship scramble' match
CM Punk vs John Cena vs Batista vs JBL vs Kane
winner: CM Punk or Batista (they will save Cena winning the title untill wrestlemania then the era of the spinner will begin again)

matches that might happen/ like to see
ECW Championship
Mark henry vs Matt Hardy
its obivous that this match is being pushed to unforgiven and further but i believe that matt hardy wont win the title here but most likely at either cyber sunady or survivor series.
winner: mark henry

'I Quit' match
Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho
Chris jericho was saying at summerslam that he made HBK quit wrestling and was forcing him to say it when the whole punch in the face angle came up. so i believe they might do a 'I Quit loser leaves WWE/RAW' match.
winner: shawn michaels (Jericho goes to SMACKDOWN)

'10 man tag team' match
The Miz, John Morrison, Chavo Guerrero, Bam Neely & Mike Knox vs Evan Bourne, Super Crazy, Tommy Dreamer, Finlay & ??? (the Boogeyman)
the week after the finlay and knox match have finlay vs the miz then during the match have John Morrison, Chavo Guerrero, Bam Neely & Mike Knox intefere beating them down then have Evan Bourne, Super Crazy & Tommy Dreamer come out for the save then have a ten man tag announced with Evan Bourne, Super Crazy, Tommy Dreamer & Finlay being able to chose the fifth member.
winners: The Miz, John Morrison, Chavo Guerrero, Bam Neely & Mike Knox

WHC Title Scramble- HHH vs Jeff Hardy vs Kendrick vs MVP vs SHelton
i think kendrick will win once to show he is a top heel but in the end jeff hardy will win it making trips a major heel

WWE Title- CM Punk vs Cena vs Kane vs Batista vs JBL
I could see Kane almost winning but then Mysterio returns and gives Punk the win

Y2J vs HBK loser leaves raw ladder match
These guys could put on a hell of a ladder match that hbk would win because of two reasons, it will mean hbk gets his revenge and hbk doesn't want to go to smackdown because of his schedule

ECW Title- Fatal Four Way Extreme Rules
I doubt it could happen but you never know, Mark Henry vs Matt vs Bourne vs Morrison or something like that
with Mark Henry winning

Intercontinental Title- Santino vs D' Lo vs Kofi vs Regal
Santino wins by stealing the pin

World Tag Team Champions- Priceless vs Cryme Time
Cryme Time wins

My Unforgiven 2008 predictions:

World Championship Scramble
CM Punk vs Kane vs JBL vs John Cena vs Batista

This match will be decent. I will be looking forward to seeing the WWE scramble more because of the talent in that match. I think this match will be pretty good all in all though. I can see Kane getting the first pinfall then, Batista and hold it the rest of the time up until CM Punk comes out of now where with a pinfall on JBL.

WWE Championship Scramble
HHH vs Jeff Hardy vs MVP vs THE Brian Kendrick vs Shelton Benjamin

I think this match will be very exciting. For the very fact that we will see some really talented WRESTERS in this match. Anyways, I could see MVP getting the first pinfall then Hardy get a pinfall and hold it the rest of the time. HHH would have just gave a Pedigree to THE Brian Kendrick but, pinned him just a little too late. I see Hardy winning this because it would take the title off HHH without making him look weak.

Matches I would like to see on the card.

ECW Title Match (Tony Atlas is banned from ringside)
Mark Henry vs Matt Hardy

I can easily see this match happening because the two last times Hardy faced Henry Atlas interfered causing a DQ the first time and Henry winning the second. I could see Hardy winning if this happens.

4-on-1 Handicap Match
Undertaker vs La Familia (Chavo, Neely, Hawkins, Rhyder)

After reading what happened on SmackDown! for Friday I could see Vickie getting angry and punish Undertaker like she did to Edge. The only difference this time would be that Undertaker would beat Vickie's punishment by pinning Chavo just because they both have the same last name.

Big Show vs Vladmir Kozlov

I wouldn't mind seeing this encounter because they are both big talented guys who, I believe, could put on a really good match together. If this happened I would like to see it end in a Double Countout or No Contest to keep the rivalry going.

Intercontinental Title Match
Santino Marella vs D-Lo Brown vs Kofi Kingston

I could easily see this match happening because of what happened on RAW this past week in the Santino vs D-Lo match. I think this would give D-Lo a good push into a legit Intercontinental Champion. In the end of this match though I could see Santino winning after pinning D-Lo with a roll up.

World Tag Team Titles
Priceless vs Cryme Tyme

I would love to see the tag team titles defended on a PPV for once. I don't even know the last time any tag titles were defended on a PPV. I think this match will actually be on a RAW broadcast but, hopefully not. In the end Priceless would successfully defend their tag titles.

Why are so many people thinking that there will be a "Loser Leaves Raw" match between HBK and Y2J? One of the problems with Smackdown is that they don't have enough faces, not that they don't have enough heels. The only faces on Smackdown that are in the midcard, upper midcard, and main event that aren't total jobbers (like Jimmy Wang Yang) are Kennedy, Hardy, HHH, Undertaker, and Big Show. But the heels are MVP, Edge, Umaga, Khali, Benjamin, Kendrick, Carlito...etc. Plus, Jericho is still fresh in terms of the main event of Raw. Would you really want to see more of JBL and Kane as the only two main event heels on Raw until Orton comes back?

I think its a given that we're getting some sort of gimmick match between the two, but I highly doubt it would involve someone leaving shows. More than likely, it will be something like a "Last Man Standing" or "I Quit"...I'm really hoping I don't run into the one idiot that is going to say it will be a HIAC lol cause I'm positive at least one person will say it and not realize that we just had one at the last ppv.

Confirmed Matches
World Heavyweight Championship Scramble match: C.M. Punk (c) vs. Kane vs. Batista vs. John Cena vs. J.B.L.
Prediction:All 5 men should get atleast 1 pin, but I'm not sure if that will be the case, as I'm 100% sure that atleast 3 men will. After there is only about 10 seconds left, Punk will perform the GTS, to somebody (most likely J.B.L.) and retain the title to prove to he is a credible champion.

WWE Championship Scramble match:Triple H (c) vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. M.V.P. vs. The Brian Kendrick
Prediction:This match in my opinion, seems to be a little less predictible than RAW's Championship Scramble match. The participants in the match, puzzles me a bit, since Benjamin is already the ''United States Champion'' and Kendrick was just thrown in there, likely due to Kennedy and Umaga's injuries. Near the end of the match, it should come down to HHH who had the last fall, gets thrown out of the equation, with Hardy pinning Benjamin win the ''WWE Championship''. That's my ''dream finish'', but I bet it will end with HHH retaining.

I predict these matches:
E.C.W. Championship:Mark Henry (c) vs. Matt Hardy
Prediction:I think maybe Theodor Long tells Hardy that it's his last chance at the E.C.W. Championship, as long as Henry is champion, and Hardy will find some way to win the E.C.W. Championship.

Triple Threat match for the Intercontinental Championship:Santino Marella (c) vs. Kofi Kingston vs. D-Lo Brown
Prediction:The reason why I want this match to happen the most is because it will maybe add a little prestige to the IC Championship as it will be the 1st time it was defended two ppvs in a row, such last year when it was defended 3 times at Night of Champions, Great American Bash, and Summerslam. It's obvious Santino will retain and hold the title for maybe 3-4 months to prove he is not a joke he can be a great champion.

For some reason, I think Primo Colon could possibly make his debut at Unforgiven, most likely winning against a jobber, similar to M.V.P.'s debut at No Mercy 2006. He seems to have a lot of potential, possibly more than his brother.

Diva's Champion Michelle McCool and Maria vs. Natalya and Maryse
Prediction:Michelle has been the champion for over a month now, and she's never defended it. Natalya will most likely be the person to take the Diva's Championship from Michelle, so maybe a win at a ppv wil get her a shot, possibly at the next ppv. So I say Natalya & Maryse will win.

I don't think that HBK and Y2J will have any match on the card as HBK is ''retired'', so it's obviously they will have one more match, but maybe later in the year. Also I don't see DiBiase & Rhodes will defend against Cryme Tyme because I would find it insulting for all the members of ''Cryme Tyme Cenation'' losing major title matches.

Those are all for now, I will give more as I can.

The one thing I completely disagree with here is everybody predicting CM Punk will win the title scramble. This match is obviously the way to finally get the belt off Punk that doesn't make him look like a paper champion. They can use the old "he was in the ring with 4 other guys" excuse when he loses. What more than likely will happen is the eventual champion, which I think will be Batista, will end up pinning Kane or JBL. That way, Punk loses his belt, but wasn't pinned. So he can come out and claim "You never beat me"

Really looking forward to this show. Two Scramble matches, just like two Elimination Chambers is too much. But if you're already overloaded then I don't see the harm in adding a third. I'm hoping for an ECW one. But it won't happen. The ECW wrestlers were in the Smackdown qualifiers, so I guess we'll be seeing Henry vs. Hardy, again. Although I don't see the point. Matt should have just won the title on Tuesday.

The good thing about the two Scramble matches is that it'll also make the mid card more varied. Most of the main wrestlers will be involved in the two world title matches.

Santino looks like he'll be facing Kofi in a singles match. I really doubt it'll be a triple thread with D'Lo involved. This isn't TNA. I'm not expecting a whole card of multi person matches.

We'll probably see Team Priceless vs. Cryme Tyme. Bound to suck, but at least it's something different. Along with Beth vs. Mickie. Boring, but deserves to be on the show.

With no Big Show in the WWE Championship match I'm hoping Umaga is ready to return from his injury. And we'll see another HBK/Jericho match. This time with a gimmick. Possibly a Blindfold match. If that happens I'm thinking it won't be the usual boring Blindfold match. While both are getting ready to start the match, HBK removes the hood and beats on Jericho. That is if it happens.

If I were a betting man, I would think Vickie would be "impressed" by how Big Show erraticated the whole roster on friday, and enlists him to help him solve her Undertaker problem. I can see this being a continuing storyline, involving Umaga when he returns from injury. Big Show is doing nothing, and Undertaker has returned, looking for Vickie's soul. Obviously Familia cant defend her, and Big Show is looking for any way he can into a title shot. So, she enlists him with the prospect of a title shot if he destroys the beast.

I have this nasty feeling that this could be setting the stage for the rumored Sid return. If its true, then this seems like a possible avenue for The Ruler of the World (or whatever he was calling himself) to make his likely underwhelming comeback. Vickie fears Taker, and Sid has played the Enforcer roll before. At least he would give some muscle to The Family.

So, now that both Championshp Scamble matches have been announced, I truly can't help but wonder which is better?

Raw's WHC Scramble: CM Punk, Batista, John Cena, Kane and JBL. Currently, these five, except for maybe Kane, have been getting very strong reactions from the live crowds, whether its positive or negative. However, Batista, John Cena, Kane, and JBL all have similar powerhouse/brawler styles.

Smackdown's WWE Championship Scramble: Triple H, Jeff Hardy, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, and Brian Kendrick. Ok, so Smackdown doesn't have Undertaker or Edge in this match, which certainly hurts it. But with hugely over faces of Triple H and Jeff Hardy, and three not extemely over heels in MVP, Benjamin, and Kendrick, it might not matter. Also, the styles of these five vary quite a bit, with Triple H being the only kind of powerhouse in the match.

So, which Scramble match is better?

Raw pros: Huge star power loaded into the match, with all five being familiar faces of the championship scene, meaning that truly any of these guys might win. Meaning, Raw's winner is defnitely the most undecided, creating curiousity, which creates buys.

Smackdown pros: Has huge star power, but only in the form of Triple H and Jeff Hardy. However, all five wrestling styles and abilities vary, meaning that this match could have some very unique and awesome spots. If Triple H does not retain, we will have a COMPLETELY NEW WWE Champion, a first timer champion.

The Winner.....

The Raw WHC Scramble Match.

Smackdown just cannot match the starpower and familiar faces of the Raw match. With Cena, Batista, JBL, and Kane being former champions, you cant truly know who will win this match. As I said above, this match creates curiousity, which creates buys.

The Raw WHC Scramble Match.

Smackdown just cannot match the starpower and familiar faces of the Raw match. With Cena, Batista, JBL, and Kane being former champions, you cant truly know who will win this match.

I think for me thats the reason im most looking forward to Smackdown! championship scramble. Because everyone in the match (apart from HHH) havnt really been in the main events, which makes the match to me seem more fun.

Im looking forward to Kendrick showing us what he is made of in the main event and if he can be a legitimate challenge for the WWE title in the future maybe by picking up a pin in the match. Shelton has less of a chance than Kendrick to win the gold, as he already has his title.

The main reason im looking forward to the Smackdown side is im actually not sure who is going to win, MVP, Hardy or HHH, i have a feeling Hardy might pull away with the victory, because HHH can still look strong when loosing his title. He could always pull out the "You was only in the match because of me" which could set up a feud between the two.

On the Raw side, im really not interested in who is going to win, because thinking about JBL in another main event makes me want to snooze. In my opinion, Jericho should have been put in the match and HBK costs him the championship and then they wrapped up the feud at the next PPV.

the smackdown scramble is way better than the raw bc it doesnt has as much star power as raw they have actual wrestler The brian kendrik will prbly not gunna get anther title shot 4 a while and is only in the match bc kennedy and umaga went down with ingures and he will put his A game shelton benjamin is awsome so uno he is gunna put on a great match same with mvp and jeff (even though i dont like jeff) there all very good and triple h put on a good match with khali even though it was supposed to suck so hes got momentum and confidence and i hope kendrik wins thanks to zeke but my actual prediction is mvp steals it with sid coming out and having him be his body guard

on the one hand.

nothing will happen at this PPV. it has an absurdly short build time. No one on SD! is a stand out better option to be champion than Triple H right now. And thats not me being a mark, its just the truth. none of the guys involved in that match would come even close to making an acceptable WWE champion right now. And they DAMN sure wont in two weeks of build time. Certainley not. Jeff Hardy is probably closest, only becuase he is so over. but first he did nothing for a month, and then got his ass whipped by MVP for a month. He cant go from jobbing/doing nothing for two months, and then win a title. He isnt black.

on the other hand. Having all the main guys really opens things up for the undercard to be interesting and different. As well as makes the MEs themselves interesting, if only BECUASE they are different. Im interested to see what they come up with, but my expectation of something crazy happening out of this show is about as low as it was for Judgement day. Itll be a different, but very seemingly very predictable show.

To me, the Scrambles show just how little WWE has planned for this show. With all of the upper mid card wrestlers in the main events, what does that really leave for the rest of the show? Undertaker, an ECW title match, Santino and Beth, and probably Priceless and Cryme Tyme. That's hardly a ppv I'd be wanting to buy. With No Mercy 4 weeks afterwards, that's going to be the better show as there's many more matches that could happen. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the card shapes up in the next two weeks, but I'm really not expecting all that much out of it.

The positive thing about the show only being two weeks away is that they're obviously planning to leave more time between No Way Out and Mania. Most WWE PPVs happen at the end of the month. It's TNA who get stuck with whatever date is left. WWE have the pickings. If each PPV is moved back a week or two that means that there should be about 7-8 weeks between No Way Out and Mania.

Either Undertaker is gonna face Big Show or he's gonna face La Familia in a 4 on 1 handicap match and Psycho Sid returns and starts feuding with Taker.As for the scrambles I think the Smackdown one will be a better match. But the Raw one has a more surprising feel. Does anyone think it's possible that they would add Jericho to the raw match because he beat Punk and either Big Show or Dykstra to the Smackdown match. Show if Taker is facing La Familia. Kenny if he is facing Big Show. kenny could play the I demand respect card. The match already has Kendrick and Benjamin. Why not push even more young talent. They could add 5 minutes to each match make them 6 man scrambles. Basically EC with out the cage. Smackdown has the youthful match. Raw has the starpower. Plus with no cage HBK can interfere and cost Jericho the title at the last second causing Punk to retain.
Thoughts???...

World Championship Scramble Match
CM Punk vs John Cena vs JBL vs Batista vs Kane

i predict that punk will reatain in this one mysterio will probably interupt and cost kane maybe setting up a match for the next ppv

WWE Championship Scramble Match
Tripe H vs The Brian Kendrick vs MVP vs Jeff Hardy vs Shelton Benjamin

triple h will probably retain in this one but i can see jeff pinning mvp for the win

Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels Ladder match
grudge match which michaels will win an come ot of retirement

ECW Championship Scramble
Mark Henry vs Matt Hardy vs Mike Knox/The Mizz vs Morrison vs Tommy Dreamer

Hardy to possibly win in this one to conincide with jeff possibly winning later in the night

The Undertaker vs la familia
teased on smackdown taker should win

Tag Team Title Match: Cryme Tyme vs Ted Dibiase/Cody Rhodes
also teased this week cryme tyme will win and claim the titles

Santino Marrella vs Kofi Intercontinental Championship Dlo Brown Speacil guest Referee \
this is more likley to be a triple threat but a match with these three should take place

either womens or divas tilte match
womens will prob be beth vs mickie rematch
divas will probably be michelle mc cool vs maria or natalya

send us some thoughts..... peace out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo