• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unforgiven: WHC Championship Scramble

Shawns#1 Fan

Dark Match Winner
*NO SMACKDOWN SPOILERS PLEASE.*

At Unforgiven, 5 WWE Superstars including CM Punk will compete in a 20 minute match. Once the bell rings, anyone can score a pinfall or submission on anyone else. Whoever does that can become the Champion and remain that until another pinfall or submission. The idea is the belt will change hands several times in the match and the man with the belt after the 20 minutes is up will be the Champion. The participants are CM Punk, Kane, Batista, John Cena and JBL. Adamle says the match is called the Championship Scramble.

Quite Frankly this is about as WCW as Vince can get. I have a feeling that this is where punk will finally lose the World Heavyweight Championship. As there are two other men that would make better champions. I fell that at 7:30 left Batista will pin JBL or Kane. Then with about 30sec left John cena will pin Tista and we have a new World Champion. Its not enough to get me to order the pay-per-view but seems like it could be a decent match if creative doesn't screw it up.

My first thought was Vince Russo.
But this has been done before with the Hardcore title back in the day. And does remind me of something from ROH, if they have something like this.
Not looking forward to it, but it beats another Punk Vs. JBL or Punk Vs. Batista.

Quite Frankly this is about as WCW as Vince can get.

LMAO that's funny because its true

I think this is a cool idea. Everyone will get pinned so it won't make anyone look weak regardless of who the winner is. Good way for Punk to lose the title without hurting his character or anyone else's for that matter. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict Kane in an upset.

This is a good idea. If Punk loses his title (I hope he doesn't, as I'd like to see him reign until around Survivor Series), I hope it would be to JBL or Kane. A Cena or Batista title reign was beaten to the point of being a dead horse last year and would be boring as hell.

This is really gimmicky - this sounds like a Reverse Battle Royal or some random bullcrap TNA style gimmick match. But it might be good, as well. At least there's a good chance that Punk will drop the World Heavyweight Title. Kane deserves the win in this, and with his "new" theme music...the fire still burns, you know. Even if he can't drink Strawberry Shakes from the DQ without contracting serious constipation.

At least its something half original coming from the WWE. Does anyone know if the title reigns that they win before the 20 minutes are going to count? I mean if JBL wins if three times in the 20 minutes will he become a 4-time champion with 3 of his reigns lastly under 2o minutes? I hope only the last one counts. Anyways this could be a way for Punk to lose the belt but not be actually beaten, but I really dont know why they would need this match since Punk has been booked sorta week and inferior to Cena/Batista. I kind hope Punk retains since I want a Punk/Jericho feud. I really dont want Tista/Cena getting the belt because their regins are so boring. Kane & JBL would be alright, but I perfer Kane if he goes 100% crazy.

I'm really lookin forward this this matchup, and I expect it to get a proper build even thoguh there will only be 2 episodes of RAW before Unforgiven, besides today's episode. If they want the match to be really interesting, then within the 20 minutes all 5 superstars will have won the title at certain points, with Punk winning last. Then with about 15 seconds left, hopefully Batista tries to perform the ''Batista Bomb'' to J.B.L. but hesitates to go for the pin, and with only 4 seconds left the ref only gets time to make a 2 3/4 count and once again we hear...

Here is your winner and STILL the World Heavyweight Champion C.M. Punk.
But still, I would want Kane to win the title.

I think that this match definitely will draw some pretty decent attention from the fans. I really think this match will be good if creative does the build right. I guarantee that everyone will be pinned at least once during the match. I'm not sure who will win but, I think that who ever wins will get their pin fall, just in the nic of time, meaning they will get the pinfall with barely any time left. They could also have it were someone needs to get a pin in 1 minute before the last person to get a pin fall wins the match. I have to say that CM Punk may win this match after pinning JBL or Kane in the last minute.

This match has the potential to be an awesome match. I'm looking forward to this match.
IMO the WWE has 2 options:
Shock the world and get Punk to keep the title or
Get Kane to go absolutely mental and destroy everyone and everything in the ring.
I would prefer the second option to happen, as psycho Kane is really good to watch.
But after Raw i'm saying that Kane will feud with Batista and Mysterio.
Also I think that Jericho will be added to the match after he beat Punk on Raw, as he'll demand a match.

Does anybody else think that the reason they chose to do this, instead of just a standard multi-contender match, is so that EVERYONE wins the title at least once?

I wouldn't personally do it if I was booking it, but I can see them having like, Kane pin Punk, then Batista pin Kane, then Cena pin Batista, then JBL pin Cena, then Punk pins JBL and walks out champ, just so they can "reward" people by having their names in the books one more time a piece.

What I don't want to see:

1) JBL winning it at any point. He doesn't deserve to be listed as a champ, even if its only for 30 seconds.

2) Kane winning it at the end, then feuding with Mysterio over it, as that feud is going to be total shit and I don't want Mysterio as champ either.

3) Punk just pinning JBL at the end, further dragging out his need for a worthwhile clean win. I mean seriously, the guy lost in his home town to someone who isn't even involved in the title picture right now, and he's supposed to be the top champ on the brand. They clearly do not see him as a real champion.

But I still think the best option for them to do is have Punk retain until Orton comes back, then have Orton take the title from him, because it looks like they won't be booking Jericho to win the title anytime soon. I'd rather have Jericho as champ than Orton, but I'd rather have Orton as champ than JBL, Batista, or Kane. I wouldn't mind another Cena reign, but he'd be better suited to win around Survivor Series and carry it for WrestleMania (just hopefully not against Batista).

I am surprised by this match and don't really know what I think of it. I actually think they had little choice because of the lack of strong heels to face off with Punk. They cannot keep doing face vs. face and have him against Batista or Cena ... there does not seem any quick logical storyline to get him into a feud with Kane and we definitely do not want to see him against JBL again. That leaves only Jericho, who they are clearly setting up for something with Shawn still in the best feud the WWE has had in years. Not that I would mind seeing Y2J vs. CMP after the solid effort they had tonight.
I would like to see them keep the belt on Punk for a little longer, seriously frustrating Batista in particular ... leading to a possible teaming with Orton upon his return.
I have a feeling Punk drops the strap early in the match, but gets the last second win and walks out of Unforgiven STILL World Heavyweight Champion.

As for those mentioning it ... I thought Adamle seemed to explain that those who win within the match will not be credited with a title reign ... so I don't think any exchanges will count on permanent record except for the final result. If they were going to count, they clearly would have done this on SD! so that Trips could get 5-reigns in 20 minutes and become a 17-time World Champion.

I'm not sold on Punk 100% but this match would really help him. He does look weak against Cena and Batista. A loss here wouldn't hurt Punk too much here, and A JBL or Kane riegn would be a better change of pace than Cena or Batista. I'd still like to see Punk v.s Chris Jericho at SS and Jericho take the belt off of him.

The match is a little iffy to me, but lets see if creative will mess this up.:robvandam:

I like the idea of having the Five of them battle it out, but IMO, the gimmick for the match is just straight out stupid. Why nor just make it a 5 way match with winner take all. Why even bother having the title change during the match? It wont be exciting at all for the first few pinfalls. It would be better if only the title holder can be pinned to make it more exciting. That way there are constantly 4 guys going after one guy. I dont know, just my opinion. I'm very excited about the Michaels Jericho angle though, that will be worth the price of the PPV alone.
P.S. Rey's mask in the bag???...gimme a break.

This will be excellent. I am disappointed that Jericho isn't in this. I want him to win the belt. But, that just means he'll face HBK. As long as they keep the belt off of Batista or JBL, I'm fine. I'd prefer a Punk or Kane win, but Cena would be.. bearable.. But, if Cena wins and makes the WHC spin, I will only watch TNA.

this is so fucking stupid a 20 minute time limit a one on one match is longer then this hell why not just make it a elimination chamber match for fucking sakes. this is dumb because that fuck punk will still retain the gold and god save us randy orton

Meh. In all honesty, I don't care if CM wins again. I just wish the WWE would give him a new finisher, as his way of doing the GTS just doesn't cut it for me really lol. KENTA's is brutal from what I've seen. If anything, please give him back the Anaconda choke...And yeah, I was really looking forward to Randy returning, but oh well. Maybe he'll return at or around No Mercy or perhaps November.

I think Jericho could get involved in this match, as he just defeated Punk. And then maybe Michaels, super kicks Jericho, and Punk pins him to retain the title at Unforgiven, just an idea. Though out of the five, I see it being Batista or Cena. I couldn't care less which wins, but I want either Kane or Punk to win it, as it goes with Punk's character as the underdog, and Kane could be the madmen, who destroys everyone.

When I first heard about it, I though 20 minutes was too short. Then I remembered that there'd be a bunch of entrances and that'll push the whole segment back past 30 min, but it looks like SD might have the main event slot. Anyway, I like the idea, wonder if it has to do with Orton's reinjury hmm... Anyway what strikes me weird about this match is the idea that there will be multiple pinfalls. I always find these matches odd, especially since I just saw SSlam and you know how everybody kicks out of finishers at PPV's. Here everybody will all of a sudden seem normal and get pinned. Disappointed Jericho's not in it, rather him than JBL, but whatever it should be a good match. It's a good type of match that could get the title off Punk if WWE decides to do that, but I somehow see him somehow defying the odds and winning this.

This concept is nothing new at all for WWE, they use to do this all the time with the hardcore title, they did it a couple different times through out 2000, WM 16 probably being the most notable, but that had way to many people involved and was just a giant clusterfuck, I beleive they did it the following month at Backlash aswell, and then again at Unforgiven, so this match concept is really nothing new, I do think it could make for a good match if they do it right though, I don't see them adding Jericho to the match, seeing as how he'll be bust fighting off HBK, who will be attempting to cripple Jericho for hitting his wife, I do expect Mysterio to make his return by interfering and taking Kane out of this match, also expect Punk to come out the winner in the end as I see him holding the title till around Survivor Series

Also kinda wish this match was 30 mins. instead of 20, 20 just seems like an odd time limit to me

Cena wins by pinning Batista in the last 3 seconds. The whole thing WWE is promoting right now is Batista was 3 seconds better than Cena at Summerslam.

So at Unforgiven Cena pins Batista and this time he's 3 seconds better and a new champion. And as the feud quietly dies down, it is brought up again for a 2nd one on one match at 'Mania.

I really hope Cena or Kane wins here. I'm tired of CM Punk, he just doesn't entertain me. JBL is flabby and uninteresting. Batista comes across as even more of a meathead these days. Since Flair has been gone Batista doesn't wear suits to the ring or even try to be classy. Kane would be an interesting shock and something different. And Cena, while he has his share of haters, always shows up. Love him or hate him, he comes across as a good face champion.

However that's not to say any of those men deserve to be champion right now. The one person who has been bringing his A Game to Raw these past dew weeks is Jericho, and if anybody deserves the strap, it's him. Hopefully he worms his way into the match and takes the title.

Anyone else hear that? It's the guy who first said the World Heavyweight Championship was something that held tradition, and a legacy. He's currently rolling in his grave. :rolleyes:

At the same time, the individual who made the Hardcore Championship is smiling from ear to ear, because the World Heavyweight Championship has finally found itself on par to being evenly compared to the Hardcore title. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE.. Wrestlemania 2000! Ring any bells?

My biggest question is this.. in the history books, will it count that the title changed hands several times in the span of 20 minutes on one night? Or will it just count that Punk goes in as the Champion, and any random person could come out as Champion? Because if people look back on records, and notice Cena, J.B.L., Kane, Batista and Punk all winning this title on the same date, multiple times, in the span of 20 minutes.. it's going to single handedly take every name who's even been huge.. and wipe the biggest, nastiest turd directly across their face and their legacy as being a Champion.

So let's look at the people who're in this match. First we have Batista a guy who's coming off his best Pay Per View victory, ever. And all at the same time still not getting the full amount of credit he should be. They're doing nothing but making him look like a joke. They said he was only "3 seconds" better than John Cena. 3 seconds? I'm sure that match went longer than 3 seconds.. and history lesson boys, Cena/Tista has only happened once.. making the winner, Batista, better.. period. Not just 3 seconds. 3 minutes. 3 hours. 3 days.. better. In general. PERIOD!

Next we have J.B.L. a guy who not once, but twice has lost to the current Champion, and has been completely embarassed in doing so. So what, he doesn't feel the shame of being that big'a loser, he wants to make it a trifecta? J.B.L. has zero chance of coming out of this thing as Champion, even with the "odds" favoring anyone, he still doesn't have any on his side.

Moving on, we got Kane, someone who's currently more happy torturing a midget and playing the role of a hypocrite than caring about becoming a World Champion. I could see him getting lucky and winning.. but to be honest I see Kane and Batista cancelling each other out more.. which brings us to our last guy..

John Cena. He's been without the Championship for almost a solid year, that in itself is very impressive. But he's had 4 Championship opportunities this year. This will be his 5th. I think he's lost too many to continue losing more, which makes him an arguable odds on favorite.. however the true question is, are the fans ready to have him back as Champion? And I'd be so bold as to say fuck no.

Cena's doing himself a favor by staying out of being Champion. He's still pissing people off by getting near it, even in a losing effort. So in the end, I really can't see any of these individuals winning.

I think that covers everyo... oh.. oh that's right.. I forgot the Champion, C.M. Punk. But let's face it.. there are four names in this match bigger, better, and more well known when it comes to being Championship material, so I doubt I'm going to be the only one forgetting Punk's involved in this.. that is until when 5 seconds remains in the match, and Punk magically pins J.B.L. to win his title, and retain it all in one.. yet making sure he still remains fluke-worthy.

The World Heavyweight Championship has lost NO credibility as long as everyone who get a pinfall or submission in the Scramble is not counted is not counted as having a World Heavyweight Championship reign. But if this isnt the case and everyone who scores a fall and wins a title is actually counted as having a title reign at the end, then TheOneBigWill is exactly right. What a joke it will be. I hope it's not the later of the two possiblies. It should just be from Punk to whoever has the last fall when the 20minute time limit is up.

As far as the match itself goes, I think it'll be pretty good. I'm a big fan of matches that have people coming from all angles, potentially out of No where. I hope theres not too many uses of weapon in the Scramble though otherwise that will make TheOneBigWill's statement even more true. The WHC will be even closer to being on par with the Hardcore Title.

**Note** JBL was in WM2000's and now he'll be in Unforgiven08's. Hopefully its a different outcome for JBL this time***

Anyways, like i said. I think it'll be a good match with CM Punk coming out on top in the end. For the finish i'll put my money on CM Punk pinning JBL in the dying seconds after Cena has FUed him or something... Possibly setting up a WHC match between the two @ No Mercy. Although i'd rather see Jericho Vs. CM Punk. Kane and Batista have cancelled each other out IMO as i believe they'll no doubt be fueding in the future along with Rey Mysterio at some point. It's a shame, Kane had an oppurtunity to really get on a roll with the whole "Psycho Man with a Mysterious Bag" angle, which couldve possibly lead to a WHC later down the road. I know i'm not the least bit interest in Batista Vs. Kane or Kane Vs. Rey or anything the 3 could come up with. Ida much rathered Kane as WHC...

JBL.. HAHAHAHAHAHA lets not even go there (Funnily enough i am a huge JBL fan, but lets not kid ourselves)

Although Cena is freshening up in my eyes, he is still too stale and i really hope he doesnt win the WHC. ESPECIALLY IF HE TURNS IT INTO A SPINNER BELT. I dont mind him in a match for the title, as long as he doesnt come out the victor. He is a good wrestler who can put on a really exciting match, so i am looking forward to see what he can do against Punk. As long as he loses in the end.

So i'm betting on Punk.

Where in the hell is Chris Jericho? I think this will be a great match, but my excitement could have been tripled with the adding of Chris Jericho to the mix. If Y2J defeating the WHC on RAW is his home town isnt enough to earn him a shot then i dunno what is. Yes, granted he is in the midst of one of the best fueds i've seen since?? HBK vs HHH in 02?? or something like that, but i'd much rather see him as the WHC.

What if after defeating Punk on Raw, Y2J was added to the match and winning, only to have HBK interfere and cost him the victory to Punk?? Or maybe thats too predictable.. And that will just ProLong a Y2J WHC reign for even longer...

Either i think It'll be a good contest with CM Punk going over, hopefully in a way which makes him still seem credible.

is it just me or does anyone else notice that Jericho just pinned the whc cm punk tonight cleanly, yet he gets no title consideration? why does that not warrant him as the #1 contender or in this case one of the many contenders for the belt? Why is JBL worthy to be included in this match? He lost to the champ twice already, it would seem to me that logic would dictate that he would be out of the title picture his spot should belong to Jericho, or what about Cena who lost his match at summerslam yet he still gets a title shot? And then Kane gets a title shot and he didn't even have a match at the ppv! The only one who deserves a title shot is Batista because he actually won his match at sslam against a top level opponent.

I've got a feeling that this may go up to 6 Men with the inclusino of maybe Rey. He has reason to be put into the match and maybe the match then given an extra 10 minutes making it 30.... Could be made possible. Otherwise Kane to win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back