• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unforgiven: WHC Championship Scramble

this is a great concept imo. its great for the superstars involved. but one thing i do not like is the time limit. i hate it, you would have thought it would be like 30 minutes at least.

Im saying this one will be a nonupset upset(hoping i guess). I THINK kane is going to get this win(its a nonupset because hes the "big red monster" and it is an upset because of the guys involved)....he and tista just started a feud tonight plus its been a minor feud for the past 2 months almost. Kane wins and then maybe rey comes out or something. I dont see a kane/rey feud for the title....i think kane batista might be a feud with rey helping batista(or maybe kane will have a type of mind control or something weird like wwe does sometimes). This may be the match where edge comes to raw. With orton out again i think Raw needs a heel(JBL isnt cutting it doesnt look like tista will be and apparently theyre making kane one so i say have kane/edge be the heels). I really hope its not cena or tista again for a longass title reign i hate them 2 more than anyone. JBL doesnt deserve it and Punk....seriously he never should have gotten it hes more of a midcard guy give him the IC title for now or something. SO....go kane =D

Oh goodness. all the people bitching about this make me scoff. All this bitching I contsantly hear about "stale this and stale that" and that the WWE never does anything original, well they give you this, something they havent done before (they have had matches with multi competitors, but nothing in the exact format stated this will be) and all anyone can do is cry. Just goes to show that the IWC is primarily full of little crybabys who always want DIFFERNT cookies, but then when you give them that, they want DIFFERENT cookies than THOSE.

I find it interesting, becuase we havent seen it yet, and certainley not within this era. I think its pretty obvious that there is gonna be at least one title change within the match, or the I dont think WWE wouldve booked this gimmick. I belive we see Punk come out with the title in the very end, on probably a last second steal. Makes me wonder though, were to from this?? Your using all your title contendors in one bucket here, not sure were you go after that....

Ugh. By what stretch of logic is Jericho not in this? He (more or less cleanly) pinned the champ last night...so why does he not get a title shot? If Adamle doesn't add him to the match next Monday, it can only be because HBK's about to set a new world record for shortest retirement ever. And no, I don't want to see that match again either. I want to see Jericho with the belt. I don't mind Michaels coming back to feud with Jericho AFTER he gets the belt, mind, but Michaels needs to piss off for a bit until after Unforgiven.

Anyway, the match itself should be quite fun, for all that it features my least favourite wrestlers. They won't give Cena back the belt, the boos would make the roof explode. Possibly Batista, but my money goes with Punk to retain if Jericho doesn't get in the match.

Oh goodness. all the people bitching about this make me scoff. All this bitching I contsantly hear about "stale this and stale that" and that the WWE never does anything original, well they give you this, something they havent done before (they have had matches with multi competitors, but nothing in the exact format stated this will be) and all anyone can do is cry. Just goes to show that the IWC is primarily full of little crybabys who always want DIFFERNT cookies, but then when you give them that, they want DIFFERENT cookies than THOSE.

Couldn't have put that any better myself. Thank you NorCal.

1) Can people please stop asking about multiple reigns in 20 mins? Either Punk's reign continues or a new champ is crowned. PERIOD

2) If Jericho was going to be added to the match, they'd have annouced him from the start wouldn't they? HBK v Jericho gimmick match at Unforgiven, after that Jericho can have his shot.

3) Multiple pin falls? Pah-leez, it'll blatantly be one pin fall, 10 minutes without any falls, maybe one more in the last five minutes, and maybe one more in the dying seconds. Or maybe just the one pin or none at all, but there's no way the title is going to change hands like every 2 minutes.

4) Rey run-in? Only if he's going to help Kane win the match. Kane attacked 'Tista this week for abducting Rey. That should continue onward to the PPv with those two fighting, while Cena wants another piece of Batista as well. In the actual match Batista should Bomb the crap outta Cena (the current champ), Punk gets a JBL beat down while Kane is indisposed. Batista goes for the pin, then outta nowhere, Rey delivers a springboard legdrop to the head of the Animal to break up the pin, Kane slides in, gets the fall over Cena, time limit expires, new champ. That way, Cena can have a shot saying 'Kane never beat me one on one' and Batista deserves a shot because he got screwed outta the title in the dying moments, and Punk would deserve a rematch, and..... fuck JBL.

5) The time limit is a bit short yes, but that's simply tells us that this will not be the Main Event at Unforgiven, it will most likely be HHH v Taker in a 40 minute classic (prepare for the 'no way, they'd be stupid to have that match anywhere but Wrestlemania.' Yeah well that's what everyone said about Cena/Batista and it still happened didn't it?)

6) Finally, loads of people have said that Punk has been booked to look weak against Batista and Cena.............. When the fuck have Cena and Punk ever been opponents? Or for that matter, when have Punk and Cena even been in the same match? Because i sure as hell don't remember it (feel free to correct me on that)

Apart from all that, Kane to win!!!!!!! (or Punk to retain i guess)

Hm actually I believe this once again will be a twist to make Punk keep the title... since in any other match against any of the contenders he'd (supposedly) be torn to pieces, since they seem physically just that much stronger than Punk - this way he can fight in the match, probably get knocked out 2 minutes into it by a huge Kane Chokeslam, but then get back into the match a few seconds before the time out to score a quick G2S on some already beaten and worn opponent to snatch the victory.

Maybe we'll see the title change hands, but I doubt it somehow...

20mins is too short for a world title match, i think were going to see all the falls in the last 5min of the match

i have a feeling punk will retain at least i hope so, it looks like the same thing they did a few months ago with orton defending against cena, HHH, and was it JBL in a fatal 4 way. they all said orton had no shot, and he won, so this might be a good way to get CM over as a real champion

Number One -- this is a way to make everyone involved in the match look strong. This match, like the elimination chamber, will at one point showcase one wrestler's strengths and eventually that wrestler will hit his finisher for the pin. I totally see this match having the title change hands once to everyone involved and in the end I see Punk squeaking through again with the title by pinning JBL. JBL is the only one involved in this match who can afford to be pinned.

Number Two -- why are people bitching? Admittedly, this feels very Russo. But who cares? Would you rather it just be five men in the ring? Or a triple threat with Batista, Punk, and Kane? Blecch. This match was the best possible choice since it's original and it is a chance to have Punk technically go over five huge stars without looking like Cena. I do, however, have issues with two of the participants and how they found themselves in the match. See below.

Participants:

Punk - Well he's the champ so that's a given.

Batista - Coming off of what the WWE is calling his biggest victory ever, (even though his biggest victory is clearly defeating HHH at Mania for the belt. Come on now.) Batista clearly has earned a shot at the title.

Kane - even though his "alive or dead" schtick started out interesting and ended up incredibly lame, including his horrendous promo last night, he has been made to look very strong over the past few weeks on Raw and he has yet to have a shot so Kane is in. No problem there.

Here's where the problem of logic comes in :

JBL - He has already lost to Punk twice, and in clean and definitive fashion at SS. Where and when between SS and Raw last night did JBL earn another title shot? Beating Jamie Noble? It makes zero sense. Atleast have him wrestle someone with a tad more credibility than Noble so that he has to qualify for the match. Handing out title shots for no reason is illogical and it cheapens the opportunity of having one.

Cena - The WWE spin doctors are at it again. 3 seconds better than Batista? Isn't that the length of time everyone needs in a match to win. A three count? What horse shit. Cena SHOULD be in the match. But there needs to be a reason. Adamle could've came out and told him he had to defeat Batista on Raw to get into the match, even though Batista already earned his shot. Logically, Batista would want to win so he wouldn't have to deal with Cena in the match. Tough match, Cena wins and there you have it. Instead, coming off of a huge, clean loss, Cena is granted a title shot? Again, no sense. The only creativity that went into the main event at Unforgiven was the match itself. Everything else reeks of laziness.

Then you have the problem of Chris Jericho. He beat Kane last week. He beat the CHAMPION last night. How does anyone other than Batista deserve a spot in that match more than Jericho? I am fine with him not being in the match since I'm greatly looking forward to the next step in his feud wih Michaels, but that question has to be raised. Either have him lose his match last night by way of some sort of outside interference or don't have the match at all. I'm all for good wrestling and last night's main event was as good a TV match that you will get, but there needs to be an injection of reason into Raw, especially after last night.

Also, I'd love to see ten minutes added to the match,

This one is interesting but I can see kane going really crazy mainly because of some kind of distraction by rey mysterio.. Batista and cena will probably set up for round two.. Now the only one I wouldn't like to see champ is kane.. He deserves it but his fueds are all dried out and ill be suprised if rey and him puts ona good show..I really hope though that cm punk wins so he can finally open raw and say that everyone doubts him and no one feels he's worthy of holdin gold but here he is.. Defeated batista, kane, jbl, cena all on seperate occasions and in one night... He is the man... Hope I'm not wrong cause they aren't pushin him enough and this will help him tramendisouly...

Everyone needs to stop worrying about Jericho. Do you really want all the best guys in there? What do you do after that? Santino? Jericho is not in there because hes the best wrestler of the bunch. He doesn't need the gimmick, he would be great for a one on one match that would be new and refreshing, esp if its CM Punk. He will get his shot, so stop worrying. It will give everyone something to look forward to after this. If WWE continues the way its going, it will be anyone other than Cena and Batista leaving with the belt.

Only the final winner will be recognized as the official champion and go in the record books. So if Kane gets a pin but doesn't finish the match as champ he will still only be a 1 time WWE Champion.

Everyone needs to stop worrying about Jericho. Do you really want all the best guys in there? What do you do after that? Santino? Jericho is not in there because hes the best wrestler of the bunch. He doesn't need the gimmick, he would be great for a one on one match that would be new and refreshing, esp if its CM Punk. He will get his shot, so stop worrying. It will give everyone something to look forward to after this. If WWE continues the way its going, it will be anyone other than Cena and Batista leaving with the belt.

No one is worried about Jericho. It's just that from a wrestling standpoint, when you break things down into black and whites, Jericho has done everything a wrestler normally has to do to be in a match where the belt is on the line, and JBL hasn't done a thing. It makes no sense for JBL to be in this match without somehow having to qualify for it, whereas Jericho goes out and beats the champ an hr after the match is made! They could't have figured out a way to have JBL and Cena qualify to get in the match? A special referee match or something?

The only reason I brought up Jericho is that logically, he is more qualified than two of the participants. I understand 100% why he isn't in the match. Just give me a reason to believe that the one's getting a title shot have done something to earn it or else getting a shot is cheapened. Just like having the tag team champs lose to one man, whoever it is, cheapens the belts.

20mins is too short for a world title match, i think were going to see all the falls in the last 5min of the match

i have a feeling punk will retain at least i hope so, it looks like the same thing they did a few months ago with orton defending against cena, HHH, and was it JBL in a fatal 4 way. they all said orton had no shot, and he won, so this might be a good way to get CM over as a real champion

Sorry TJF but no he didnt. He beat HHH and Cena, by breaking up the pin and landing on Cena for the 1-2-3. It also made him look weak imo because he did nothing to get the win, he capitolised on HHH's move. Much like Angle pinning the Rock after he got the Stunner in the 6-man HIAC.

I can see what you're saying being the most likely end to the match, but if they want Punk's reign to have any legitamacy, he needs to earn the pin fall, not just pluck it out of thin air. So far his title accolades include beating JBL twice. He's never beaten Batista for the title, he's never even faced Cena for the title, Kane's match with him wasn't for the title, and Y2J beat him last night, and he hasn't even have to worry about HBK and Orton as contenders. If he wants to shake the transitional champion label, Punk needs to win this with his own offense, not by picking at scraps.

I have to admit I do agree with the Debator on this one. The booking of this makes no logical sense so its perfect for WWE. Jericho did just pin Kane and the World Champion in 2 straight weeks. Regardless of it being by interference but he deserves to be in this match more than Kane, Cena or JBL. All 3 have done nothing to deserve a title shot. ESPECIALLY JBL. I mean come on he's lost twice to Punk and just did it cleanly at a ppv. I'm not sure if Adamle said it but I do hope the title changes in the match aren't recognized and only the last one to decide the match is. Otherwise its the hardcore title all over again and cheapens the title big time.
Also the way it should've gone down was having Jericho in this match and (at the very least make it 6 guys if they don't wanna take the other crappy guys out) then Jericho gets the next to last pinfall on whomever and Shawn comes in with all the guys laid out hits Sweet Chin Music then Punk comes over and gets the win and retains the title. Even have the superkick on him and Jericho turns around into the GTS 1,2,3 match over. That way Shawn stays with his family for a month as per the story, costs Jericho the title and then they finish the feud at the next ppv. Then you can wrap that up and have Jericho/Punk for the title at the SS. They put on a pretty good match last night and would be good for the WHC at a ppv and Much better than JBL or Kane challenging for the title. That would add a nice finish to the match, keep the belt on Punk and set up a Jericho/Punk feud after the Jericho/Michaels feud is finally over. It still makes no sense why they just throw these guys in there. Should have qualifying matches with other guys to get in. then its all good and you have this match.

This match should be highly entertaining.....Everybody will probably get at least one pin.....I expect Punk to retain and if not him it would probably be Batista or Kane.....I wonder what will happen if there are two pinfalls at the same time in the last seconds

My biggest question is this.. in the history books, will it count that the title changed hands several times in the span of 20 minutes on one night? Or will it just count that Punk goes in as the Champion, and any random person could come out as Champion?

Adamle said that if you score a pin or submission that you will then be the champion, but who ever holds the title when the 20 mins. elapse will be the only one recognized as champion

Gotta say the more I think about this the more I like this match concept, though I still think it should be at least a 30 min. match, also think that they should have held qualifying matches to get into the match, as I think it could have lead to some good build for this match

Stop whining about Jericho, Jericho will probably get a shot against Punk on Raw and gets superkicked by a returning HBK costing him the match and moving the feud forward.

I am glad Jericho is not in this clusterf***.

As far as the match itself, everyone in the ring will win the belt for a few minutes and then Cena takes it home. I agree this does smack of WCW and if TNA was doing it people would be screaming about how bad the idea is.

To me, it sounds like an easy way to take the title off punk without him looking weak, just like they did at the bash with the miz and morrison. punk is getting more over, but there are other guys who can have much more intriging (sp?) storylines.

IMO, there is no way they let jbl win, im going to say that either CM Punk or Kane ends up winning. I wish it would be a little longer so there could be more action and buildup, but it should be an entertaining match

To me, it sounds like an easy way to take the title off punk without him looking weak, just like they did at the bash with the miz and morrison. punk is getting more over, but there are other guys who can have much more intriging (sp?) storylines.

IMO, there is no way they let jbl win, im going to say that either CM Punk or Kane ends up winning. I wish it would be a little longer so there could be more action and buildup, but it should be an entertaining match

Actually, it seems to me like a way to keep the title on him without making him look too strong. All he has to do is be the guy who scores the last pinfall. At some point in this match, a lot like the elimination chamber, each wrestler will have a chance to look strong and use their finisher or signature move and possibly score a pin. I would suspect that Batista and/or Cena will look the strongest in this match but neither will win it. I see Punk winning in Orton at WM fashion, where he either capitalizes on someone elses finisher towards the end, or scores an out-of-nowhere GTS for the win with 5 ticks left.

It won't make him look like Superman, the way WWE likes to make Cena look in matches like this, but it will increase his credibility without forcing the WWE to put him over against Batista or Cena just yet(which probably won't happen).

As much as I would love to see a Kane world title reign I think there going to have Cena win here by going over Batista. The reason I think this is when Cena said that Batista was the better man last night. So they'll have Cena be the better man at unforgiven.

20 minutes? So, I love the concept of this, I think it'll be a really interesting gimmick match, making it all the main stars is even better. But 20 minutes is too short. For that many stars as well, most of their matches last longer than this, so I can't see there being too many title changes, which would make it boring for what it's supposed to be.

My only problem is that the time should be changed. To at least 30, 40 would be ideal. I think there's enough talent in this to keep it from being boring. A couple of title changes, most likely ending with a last second pin. It'll be good, one thing WWe has always been good at is new concepts.

I like this idea, for a few reasons.

1. It's something unique, and that in itself will make it interesting.

2. It's a good way to make Punk lose the title without him looking weak.

3. It's a good way to make Punk keep the title and another feather in his cap to show that he deserves it if there are still naysayers.

The only potential problem I see here, and knowing the WWE it certainly falls within the realm of possibility is right at the 20 minute mark, some sort of double pin combination, where 2 of the participants are scoring simultaneous pinfalls and/or submissions. Then you have the whole "oh no, which one of them is champion?" deals. While this would work for setting up another feud, I just hope that we don't have this sort of an ending.

CM Punk will be retaining his Championship. I see a good title Run in Punk until survivor series. He is going to be the future of RAW and he needs to have a domaint 3-4 month title run to show to the fans he isnt a transitional champ. I see JBL getting knocked out early in this match. Next down goes Batista for looking to get some revenge on Kane. Then Kane gets pinned and then right after Cena hits the FU Punk delivers some GO TO SLEEP action and retains. This Scramble is a stupid idea to me. I think creative is having some trouble piecing together a quick PPV. They should have 6 PPV's and then have longer storylines. This would allow more hype and better PPV'S.

I'm not sure why everyone seems to think this match is made so that Punk can lose without looking weak. I think it's a match made for Punk to be able to win and retain the Championship and for everyone else NOT to look weak when he does. I definitely see, and I'd like to see, Punk win this match and keep going with his underdog reign as champion. I'm not the biggest Punk fan out there but I enjoy the uniqueness right now of him being champion over guys like Cena and Batista who we've seen hold the championship before, in recent history. I like the concept of this match and I think it'll be an interesting and fun match and it gives the opportunity for EVERYONE in the match to get a pinfall and look strong, without them actually winning the championship and ending up with it. I think its a great idea booking-wise.

I would like to see Punk lose it early on, have some scrambling, then have him become champion at the end.

If I remember correctly I think I heard Adamle say that you could pin ANYONE and become the champion and that it did not have to be the current champ. This could lead to a finish with two pinfalls going on at the end... thus causing two champions which would add a level of irony to this match. That would then start a feud with the two winners.

Personally, I am hoping neither JBL nor Cena win because I want to see a 'traditional Survivor Series Match' with CTC vs JBL & team Priceless with each of them picking up a ringer or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back