Unforgiven: WHC Championship Scramble

I can't believe that they picked Mysterio. When I read that Cena was hurt, I assumed that this was how Sid was to be brought back. He could run down to the ring during the Kane/Batista match, hurt Batista, and then Adamle could walk out and say, "I believe we have found Cena's replacement."

I thought the exact same thing. This would have been a perfect way to bring in Sid, if that's indeed what's going to happen.

Having four brawlers in a match with Punk would have been perfect in furthering the angle that Punk is a paper champion. And having retain the title here would further his status as an underdog. I mean, they can still play that angle, but now with Mysterio there's two underdogs in this match.

So the match is now gonna be the champ, CM Punk, JobBer for Life, the possibly disfigured and bruised Mysterio, and to gimp giants with banged up knees. It's beginning to look more of a lock that CM Punk will retain, but I'm sure there will be some controversy to the match. My guess is Randy Orton or maybe Sid will interfer in some way. With Cena out, I don't see any of the other four winning now, maybe Batista, but i doubt it.

My initial thought was this new match concept was nothing more than a convenient way to get the title off Punk. I reconsidered when SD and ECW Scramble matches were added to the card. The more I think about it I don’t see the Punk experiment ending at Unforgiven.

Punk’s chances of retaining shot up when Cena was replaced with Mysterio. Kane and Mysterio should have a feud playing out on Raw soon, so I don’t see the WWE muddying things by putting the title on either guy. And now Batista’s been drawn into the Kane-Mysterio angle and his knee injury may be a factor in the match. Plus I see them saving Tista’s eventual title victory for a big 1-on-1 match down the road. I don’t even know why JBL gets yet another shot when Punk’s cleanly beaten him twice now. It makes little sense to take the title off Punk and put it on the equally main-event unworthy JBL.

Here’s how I see the Raw World Heavyweight Championship Scramble match going. I have this crazy feeling we won’t see a single pinfall/submission. Kane, Tista, and Mysterio will be fighting amongst themselves while Punk and JBL are going at it until (1) the time runs out or (2) Punk pins JBL again. So Punk either survives another PPV to retain the title without having to pin anyone or he pins the only guy besides Snitsky they’re willing to let him go over. Either way, Punk won’t gain any credibility, but both scenarios fit with how they’ve booked him.

im really excited about this match, if the creative team get it right it should be an awesome match-up.
i dont know which superstar i think will take it out, but as a huge kane fan, i would love to see him leave the ring the champ. now that Cena is out, i really do think the eventual win is going to go to Kane, and that he's going to mess Mysterio up badly, and fingers can only be crossed that someone in that ring (im hoping for Batista for this one) can mess up JBL so that he gets injured and we dont have to see that fool wrestling on raw for a while.
so yeah, im pinning my hopes on Kane for this one. cant wait to see what they do with the match.

I am interested in this match but I think the loss of John Cena will hurt the overall match quality. Rey Mysterio was forced to return a little early when we assumed he was "beaten up" by Kane a few weeks ago. So I guess Kane and Rey will have a feud after the match which leads me to believe that they don't have much of a chance of winning the title. JBL is kind of stuck in the middle right now and will most likely have nothing to do after the Championship Scrabble. If he somehow does win the title, not many fresh feud options are open for him. He has already faced Punk twice and Batista in 2005.

A JBL/Shawn Michaels feud would be decent and I assume that will take place in the near future. But I can't see them wrestling for the World Title. So for me it comes down to either CM Punk or Batista for the win. Batista will most likely feud with Jericho or Shawn Michaels I'd assume after this match while he's waiting for Cena to return. It should be a good 20 minute match and should be the main event on the night. The match is unique and fresh. The first two participants in the match should be Kane and Rey Mysterio in my opinion as it gives their rivalry air time on the pay per view as they could wrestle each other for 5 minutes until the next participant enters.

So I think CM Punk will retain in all honesty as I think his title reign is still fresh and shouldn't end so quickly. Knowing the WWE's booking he will probably win by getting a 'fluke' pin in the last 5 seconds of the match. I can't wait for Randy Orton to return so he can wrestle Punk for the World Heavyweight Title. Punk vs Jericho could happen at No Mercy and I'd really look forward to that feud. So for many reasons, I hope and I think CM Punk will retain the World Heavyweight Championship once again.

Unless something happens on the next Raw, I'm sticking to my theory that they'll spread out the scramble winnings in different ways. Hardy wins the ECW title, HHH retains via pinfall, and Punk retains by default.

By default, I mean I still believe that nobody....NOBODY....will get a pin or submission in this match. They'll all brawl for a while and stop all the pins from getting to the 3-count, and then Lillian will announce that the time limit is up and since nobody had a win during the match, Punk retains.

At first I was thinking that Cena was going to win this one but now I'm almost positive that Punk will retain. Vince wants to do with him similar what he did with John cena by making him beat the odds...getting kinda old to me.

I really, really hope Punk retains here. Him losing the title really would just be boring. No-one expects him to retain and when he does it's that surprise factor. Does anyone expect Punk to retain here? Hell no. They expect the WWE to revert back to having the same people as champion. Main pick will be on Batista, because he's a safe bet. The WWE know he can carry the title no problem, fans will still tune in so it's fine.

But it's just too similar. One of the reasons I love RAW at the moment is because it's different. The WHC is on someone un-tested at the top level. He's playing the babyface role very well, and puts on exciting matches. I just hope he retains.

I can see orton interfering and leading for a batista win here until he comes back batista can hold on too it and they can have there showdown at wrestlemania 25. They have been thinking of this match for a while now and i think this is the seed to plant it. Orton says he wouldnt have been champ if it werent for him and batista says he can beat him wherever whenever etc.

Interesting way in which this match could go. I can almost guarantee everything that I have that the winner of this match will not be JBL, not be Rey Mysterio, and not Be Kane.

This match comes down to Punk vs. Batista, with Randy Orton as the wild card. I think Punk still needs the title at this point, but I'm also fairly certain taht Punk can stay over without the gold as well. Punk has made me a believer, and I'm firmly behind him as a champion.

From the promo on Monday Night, the WWE is clearly looking to go with Orton vs. Punk in some way, shape or form. With rumors circulating of an Evolution re-do, who knows what direction Batista goes into. Part of me says that Batista wins without a doubt. That belt has to come off of Punk before too long, because realistically Punk can't be the champion going into Wrestlemania. If he loses the title without being pinned, it sets up the new champion and gives him enough time as champion for a credible match at Mania, and Punk loses no credibility.

But which direction do they go. Is it going to be Batista vs. Cena at Mania with Batista as champion. If that is the case, then Orton interferes and Batista wins at Unforgiven. If it's Cena vs. Orton or Orton vs. Batista, then Punk retains and loses in a few months in a feud to the Legend Killer. Very exciting time around the WHC, because there are so many talented guys that can be that champion.

Out of the 3 scrambles, Punk is the champ I see retaining. If for no other reason than to prove that he's not just an underdog, fluke or transitional champ as he's been labeled. If they want to continue to build him as a credible main eventer I think they will have him win. The only "wildcard" left in the match I think is Batista since he has nothing on with anyone else in the match now that Cena is out. Kane has Rey and Punk has JBL (well sort of, is it really a feud if the other guy never wins?) and Batista now has no one, so he's the only other viable choice for champ. The fact that Punk and Batista never finished a match cleanly also leads me to believe that Punk will win to further prove he deserves to champ by pinning Batista to retain.

This match will be something of a bore with Kane spending all his time chasing Rey around the ring and JBL constantly breaking up 3 counts because he wants to be the one to pin Punk. It will come down to Batista powerbombing Punk after he hits a GTS on to JBL and this will allow Punk to get the pin as he will be "unconscious" laying on top of a prone JBL. WWE should have not put 3 scramble matches onto the pay per view.

This match could be an interesting one to be honest I dont think its doing WWE any hamr to have Punk as the champion hes solid in the ring and always gets great reactions, however I do feel that the WWE will want to take the title of him. If the choose to I think they may put it on, Batista as hes on top of his game at the moment and uis being pushed big time. However I do think WWE is teasing a feud with Punk and Orton, if that is going to happen and the championship is present in that feud then I think Punk will pick up the victory with about 10 seconds to go, then Randy and Punk will have a feud over who makes better champion and underdog or a legend killer. But I think 60% chance Batista is winning!

A perfect way to give the feud between Rey and Kane an extra edge would be for Kane to be winning the match with seconds to go when Rey lays down for CM Punk voluntarily and then taunts Kane. Orton to interfere for Priceless and starts to create a new group with Priceless & DH Smith & the Glamazon as the new "Original silent bodyguard Chyna"

I see...Batista winning this, and segwaying into a feud with Jericho. Or this could be their last effort to get Punk over as a champ. I see it veyr possible to go down that way as well, since "no one thinks Punk could possibly escape THIS as champ" :rolleyes:

I just dont see a ton of options for Punk with the belt after this, besides a Jericho feud, but if they are gonna use Jericho to chase the title, why wouldnt they have him go at Batista, in which they could have a far superior storyline tie in. CM Punk has pretty much run his course as champion, as it seems to me, and we could have a wider array of options with Big Dave as champ. Batista walks out new champ, but Punk is also a strong possibility.

Man....I somehow think this is another way to have Punk continue his Cinderella run as champion. I dont expect him to look great and I expect him to get a fluke pin fall with just seconds remaining to retain his championship. The focus of this match will be on the Kane/Rey feud and Batista floating around. I expect Batista to look strong and be the one losing a chance at title with unk picking up a fluke win. I dunno where Batista goes after this, but I just dont see Punk losing his gold in this match.

This match probably is the best of the three scramble matches. While this one has more than half of there wrestlers as brawlers/powerhouses, the WHC scramble simply is loaded with quite a bit of star power. Basicaly, there is no way Kane or Mysterio are gonna win, unless there already flailing feud ends in the scramble. JBL... he's boring JBL... need I explain more? Anyway, yeah, I agree with the majority and say the belt could go either way between Punk and Batista.

Still though, Punk has only really been put over JBL, so I'm hoping he retains here.

how can you say this is the best scramble match of the 3? This match is filled with star power but not very good performers. Anyways I predict most likely that CM Punk as other guys don't seem very feasible besides Batista. We also saw a tease between CM Punk and Orton so thats obviously in the near future and with Jericho's push, Jericho could be the next contender for Punk and by the time we get to WM25, we'll see Orton(c) vs Punk vs Jericho

**Slyfox note: Remember this is a NO SPAM zone of the WZ forums. While I understand that everyone is excited and interested in this turn of events, please understand that spam warnings/infractions will be given out for any post which does not meet the WZ spam guidelines.

Thank You ***

Chris Jericho replaced CM Punk in the Championship Scramble and went on to cheaply win the World Heavyweight Title. All I have to say is it's genius! The biggest heel in the company right now wins the World Title in a cheap way after replacing the Champion. I was shocked and happy all at once. What a great way to end the PPV.

Discuss...

what a weird match. Punk pretty much got stripped of the title. 619 got killed by Batista not Kane. JBL did pretty much nothing. and finally Jericho comes out after being killed earlier on and wins a World Title (Finally).

wow, I watched the PPV and first of all: this make kind of no sense. First HBK beat the crap out of Jericho and now he is the WHC?
Anyway, i wonder WHY Punk was pulled of the match just like that...Injury perhaps?
Props to Jericho, he is an excellent worker and a credible champion.

This was a shocking move by WWE. I am very surprised by this and am curious to see where it goes. I am sure Jericho will sell an injury from shawn michaels. He may just be a transitional champion and may just drop it tomorrow night. I too am curious to why CM punk was pulled from the match, I am sure we will know soon enough.

WHAT a Piece of SHit of a match, the one match I waited all night to see and CM Punk is ambushed by The Second Generation Bitches. WTF Punk is your champion, I figured he would some how make a last second run in, but no you have Jericho who got killed by Michaels come in and Win a Title from Champion who was not even in the match. WTF was that. This is why I hate the WWE, man I swear the only reason I watch is because Im a big CM Punk fan. Worse match ever.

Punk losing the Title without losing face... Sad but True he was attacked by 4 second and 3rd Generation Wrestlers as a sign of Jealousy in that he hasn't grown up in the business and he was relatively new in name to the fans of the WWE. All in all I thought this match would go to Kane seeing as how they booked the first match as the First guy in one the match and the second Match with the last guy in winning the match I though with Kane being the Middle man in he would have won. Props to Jericho he is well deserved after taking that beating he did and to cut the promo's like he has with HBK.
SAVE US Y2J!!!

I have mixed feeling tbh. while its brill y2j is champ and also looks to set a world title main event against hbk to end thier fued of the year with. the way cm punk was just lost his title without even entering the match pisses me off and also confuses me at the same time, he was just starting to be billed as a proper world champ, not a fluke. but i will deffo tune into raw to see the aftermath of unforgiven which i guess is the wwe main objective, to keep you wondering

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back