Unforgiven: WWE Championship Scramble Match

There is a wild card here, and thats the rumored Undertaker appearance at Unforgiven. He pretty much confirmed that he was coming to Unforgiven for "Vickie's soul" so she'll probably grant him a title oppurtunity to the winner of the scramble match as a peace offering. Truth be told, the only possible winners of the scramble are HHH, Jeff Hardy, or MVP. I'm really afraid HHH title reign is ending tonight, especially with the possible Undertaker appearance, so that leaves MVP or Jeff Hardy. Now, it would be huge for either of these guys to win the title, but it would definitely be huger if Hardy one it. Now, they definitely wouldn't kill that with the Undertaker defeating him moments after, plus that would turn 'Taker heel probably. So, the only way I see MVP being WWE Champion is being WWE Champion for a whole five minutes4.

Bottom Line: Triple H retains and there's no Undertaker surprise. Or, Triple H doesn't retain and Undertaker takes the title from the new champ.

This was the best wrestling match of the night. But the ending made me mad. First Jeff Hardy becomes WWE Champion. Then its The Brian Kendrick. Triple H comes in and squashes Kendrick of course. Then Hardy gets it back so Triple H just squashes Kendrick again. Then Jeff gets it back again and instead of breaking up Triple H's pin in the final seconds he goes for his own pin when he is already champion. Triple H pins MVP and retains the WWE title. I hated the way Triple H was booked in this match but it was an exciting match. The Brian Kendrick really impressed me tonight.

This match was great until hhh came out and completlely owned everyone except hardy, I honestly thought hardy had it won. Very nice finish though with getting the pin right in time with the clock.

The Brian Kendrick really impressed me tonight.

I second that.

TBK Showed me tonight that if given the oppurtunity he could be a major player in the main event scene somewhere down the line.
I couldve done without triple h making TBK his bitch tho.

Got to agree, everyone except MVP impressed me last night, but TBK was at the top of the impressive list. Based on what we've read about MVP getting heat for underperforming, then i think they're right. What did he add to that match last night? Everyone except Jeff had to prove to the fans that they belonged in WWE title matches imo and MVP failed miserably to do so. Did he actually connect with any offence other then punches and kicks?

It was a shame about the total fuck up at the end on Jeff's part though.

'Shit, HHH is about to pin MVP what should i do to keep the title?....... I'll pin Shelton!' Moron.

It kept happening throughout all 3 matches, the 'current' champ kept going for pins, and what made it worse, is the ref went ahead and counted anyway.

Also, Jeff fucked up before that even, when instead of countering The Kendrick, he took the move and got up immediately despite having been pinned after it 10 minutes earlier.

Smoothe Jeff, smoothe.

It was the best Scramble match of the 3 up until HHH came in, and then it was obvious what the outcome would be once Jeff incapacitated himself doing the Swanton and HHH got back in the ring. It was better than Mark Henry squashing everyone for 10 minutes and losing anyway, but nowhere near as good as Jericho replacing Punk and winning.

Reactions: Tim
Got to agree, everyone except MVP impressed me last night,
Yeah i was just thinking that. He did nothing impressive. i dont even know why he was in it
but TBK was at the top of the impressive list.
Agreed, i was laughing at some stages but yeah fucking impressive. this guy will go far. His moves and HOW HE SOLD THE PEDDIGREE was fucking awesome.

It was a shame about the total fuck up at the end on Jeff's part though.
What fuck up? Rewatch it bro.
'Shit, HHH is about to pin MVP what should i do to keep the title?....... I'll pin Shelton!'
no it was more along the lines of "Shit HHH is about to go for a pin and there is four seconds left what shall i do? I know pin Shelton. What the ref should of done was counted both of the falls. he would of in the last three seconds i think it was got the last count he needed. i wouldnt be surprised if this is how they played it out.

It was the best Scramble match of the 3 up until HHH came in, and then it was obvious what the outcome would be once Jeff incapacitated himself doing the Swanton and HHH got back in the ring. It was better than Mark Henry squashing everyone for 10 minutes and losing anyway, but nowhere near as good as Jericho replacing Punk and winning.
But i thought the last couple of seconds that jeff had it one. becouse the refferee should of taken notice. i remember a match where that happend once before and they counted it. it would of counted.

What fuck up? Rewatch it bro.

With the pin at the end. If he knew he wasn't supposed to win the match, he should have sold performing the Sawnton until it was too late.

no it was more along the lines of "Shit HHH is about to go for a pin and there is four seconds left what shall i do? I know pin Shelton. What the ref should of done was counted both of the falls. he would of in the last three seconds i think it was got the last count he needed. i wouldnt be surprised if this is how they played it out.

Nah dude, if it were a real competition, Jeff had plenty of time to walk over and break up HHH's pin and end up champion. Why on earth would you hope that the ref noticed you were making a cover when you're the champ and that with one swift kick to the back of HHH's head you'd be guaranteed to walk out the champ? Because it's not real and Jeff fucked up, like i said, after hitting Shelton with the Swanton, he should of stayed down, and been too late to break up the count, not get up way before it and do something stupid to avoid breaking it up. As for the ref counting both falls, come on, the ref's blatently didn't pay attention to the rules or are just stupid. There was no point in counting a pin made by the current champ yet it happened in all 3 matches, so there's no way the ref would have thought 'oop better count for Jeff as well while i'm on the floor counting anyway'

But i thought the last couple of seconds that jeff had it one. becouse the refferee should of taken notice. i remember a match where that happend once before and they counted it. it would of counted.

Well i can only say read what i said above. Jeff should have stayed down in my book, it didn't ruin the mach by any means, HHH managed to do that all by himself, but it was an obvious mistake on Jeff's part.

With the pin at the end. If he knew he wasn't supposed to win the match, he should have sold performing the Sawnton until it was too late
And that would be interesting why? you would of known it was over straight away.

Nah dude, if it were a real competition, Jeff had plenty of time to walk over and break up HHH's pin and end up champion.
But its Fake WWE is FAKE. they decided to go the way it loooked the best.
Why on earth would you hope that the ref noticed you were making a cover when you're the champ and that with one swift kick to the back of HHH's head you'd be guaranteed to walk out the champ?
He wasnt Supposed to win. thats why he didnt to the logical thing.
Because it's not real and Jeff fucked up,
He didnt fuck up. Seriously he did the best thing.
like i said, after hitting Shelton with the Swanton, he should of stayed down, and been too late to break up the count, not get up way before it and do something stupid to avoid breaking it up.
Well that would of been interesting ten seconds to go everyone down but HHH who would win?
As for the ref counting both falls, come on, the ref's blatently didn't pay attention to the rules or are just stupid.
But, it could lead to something in the future. thats the reason its the best thing he could of done. it sets up a petential fued. I Won that match if the ref had of noticed. i want a rematch I am supposed to be WWE champion.

HHH managed to do that all by himself, but it was an obvious mistake on Jeff's part.
Oh Fuck HHH Bashing? you want to continue that take it to the Official HHH thread.

but HHH did not wreck that match in anyway.

And that would be interesting why? you would of known it was over straight away.

I knew it was over straight away as soon as HHH got back in the ring.

But its Fake WWE is FAKE. they decided to go the way it looked the best. He wasnt Supposed to win. thats why he didnt to the logical thing. He didnt fuck up. Seriously he did the best thing.

No he seriously didn't. He should of stayed down and tried to break up the pin and failed. Getting up and then going for a pin, knowing full well that there's already a pin going on made it look like Jeff thought 'Shit i shouldn't be up, what can i do, i'll do the illogical thing.' I know it's fake, that was my point but there was a more sensible way for him to let HHH get the pin imo.

Well that would of been interesting ten seconds to go everyone down but HHH who would win? But, it could lead to something in the future. thats the reason its the best thing he could of done. it sets up a petential fued. I Won that match if the ref had of noticed. i want a rematch I am supposed to be WWE champion.

Dude, when have you ever seen a referee in WWE count two pin falls at once? I've seen it happen, never in WWE, but it's happened. In WWE I've seen two referees count a separate pinfall each, but never a WWE ref count two falls at once especially when one started after the other.
Jeff has every reason to be offered a title shot, because he was that close to keeping it til the end. Instead he decided to do high risk moves on guys who weren't getting up anyway, and it cost him when didn't break up HHH's pin, not because the ref was busy counting. He should get a shot because HHH should think he deserves it, which seems to be HHH's on screen attitude anyway.

Oh Fuck HHH Bashing? you want to continue that take it to the Official HHH thread.

but HHH did not wreck that match in anyway.

Ok fair enough, he didn't ruin it, but he did do his typical 'i ain't being pinned for shit' routine. He was the only guy not to get pinned in that match, and then swooped in and crushed the Hardy marks dreams of both brothers being a world champ at the same time.

Anyway forget what i said about HHH, this is not the place for bashing him as you said, but the point is, and it's not a big deal because i liked the match for TBK above anything else, but my point is, he shouldn't have gone for a pin because it just made Jeff Hardy look mentally stupid.

I knew it was over straight away as soon as HHH got back in the ring.
ZOMG.... Dude you must be magic. How in the blue hell did you know that? was he wearing his lucky underwear or something? How could you know he would win as soon as he come out?

No he seriously didn't. He should of stayed down and tried to break up the pin and failed.
How could he of tried to brek up the pin and fail? nowdays all you have to do is tap them on the shoulder and it breaks it up.
Getting up and then going for a pin, knowing full well that there's already a pin going on made it look like Jeff thought 'Shit i shouldn't be up, what can i do, i'll do the illogical thing.' I know it's fake, that was my point but there was a more sensible way for him to let HHH get the pin imo.
As i said before the way he did it was the best way. it sets up a potential backing for a story line. I should be the WWE Champion. Having hardy lay on his arse would of been the worse thing he could of done. would of been slow and boring.

Jeff has every reason to be offered a title shot, because he was that close to keeping it til the end. Instead he decided to do high risk moves on guys who weren't getting up anyway,
Wait. are you an Exclusive? i didnt know MVP was a member of the forums. he did that to keep them down. i do it on the ps2 game all the time. keep attacking the ones that are downand they wont get up.
He should get a shot because HHH should think he deserves it, which seems to be HHH's on screen attitude anyway.
But how is that a decent story line? havent we already seen the same kind of thing before?

Ok fair enough, he didn't ruin it, but he did do his typical 'i ain't being pinned for shit' routine. He was the only guy not to get pinned in that match, and then swooped in and crushed the Hardy marks dreams of both brothers being a world champ at the same time.
Oh Dear god. of course, i forgot you would want to make the Champion look weak and getting beatin. Wait does that mean that Jericho did the same thing? i cant remember him getting pinned in it. Im sure they will get their dream one day.
but my point is, he shouldn't have gone for a pin because it just made Jeff Hardy look mentally stupid.
It didnt make him look mentally ******ed. He did the logical thing. Also if you noticed he didnt look at the clock. and the Refferee does the count awfully fast there was a chance he would of had time after Trips had finished to do a pinfall. I still think it was the best way Hardy could of ended it. far better then just playing dead cos if he did that he wouldnt of been able to do what he did. now would he?

I just think that, all things considered, that creative went with the obvious win here. It seemed pretty clear based on the lineup that none of the others had much of a chance walking away as champion. I'm not surprised in the slightest that HHH kept his belt even longer.

However, as noted in other threads too, that it seems likely that the wwe will want the belt on a huge star when smackdown switches networks, which likely means either HHH or undertaker. so again, no surprises that it stayed on HHH for now.

I was really into the match until HHH killed Kendrick as soon as he entered the ring. It was still a good match with him in it but it just seemed as soon as he lost the belt he decided he was going to destroy somebody else.
The booking of the finish was a good idea in that HHH stole the title in the dying seconds but feel that they should have went for either Hardy is just to late to break the pin up or alternatively he is pinning MVP and the time runs out just before the ref can make the 3 count.

i just got one thing to say about this match and that something most have gone wrong at the end to make jeff hardy look so stupid because that's the only explanation i got for how the match ended.

Jeff was the champion until the very last second and saw HHH going for the cover so why would you go and pin somebody else instead of making the save and keeping the championship.

So either Jeff screw up the ending or the ending was plan all along and Jeff just look like stupid for not making the save.

On a side not, how funny was it when The Brian KEndrick won the title in the first halfof the match only to get completly destroy in the second half. This guy will probably be a big star someday if they don'T destroy him first.

To me this was the best of the scramble matches. It had a good pace and the hardy hhh story through the match was interesting and entertaining. I thought Jeff going for the cover at the end was a little strange but maybe they are gonna head somewhere with that later like the ref never counted hardy's pin and should have or something like that.

The only thing I didnt get was why JR said Triple H was now officially a 13 time World Champion. Is This Goldberg's streak how does he pick up a reign when he never "OFFICIALLY" lost it. according to WWE.com though he is still only a 12 time champion so i hope its only JR being JR but if they do count it that is almost as lame as Jarrett counting his two WWA Title Reigns (one of which wasnt even a reign) to make him a 12 time World Champion

ZOMG.... Dude you must be magic. How in the blue hell did you know that? was he wearing his lucky underwear or something? How could you know he would win as soon as he come out?

Not when he first came out dude, when he got back in the ring, after Jeff hit him with the plancha, and there were 15 seconds left with everyone laid out except HHH, that's when i knew HHH would retain.

How could he of tried to brek up the pin and fail? nowdays all you have to do is tap them on the shoulder and it breaks it up.As i said before the way he did it was the best way. it sets up a potential backing for a story line. I should be the WWE Champion. Having hardy lay on his arse would of been the worse thing he could of done. would of been slow and boring.

He could go over to break up the pin but be too late. The ref hits 3 b4 Jeff can break up the pin, and all he had to do pull that off was not get up as quickly as he did. As for slow and boring, this occurred in the closing seconds of the match, it wouldn't have made a difference to the pacing of the match. Were you seriously excited that Jeff could possibly get a quick pin when he had 1 second remaining of the match?

Wait. are you an Exclusive? i didnt know MVP was a member of the forums. he did that to keep them down. i do it on the ps2 game all the time. keep attacking the ones that are downand they wont get up. But how is that a decent story line? havent we already seen the same kind of thing before?

Yes we have seen that story before, and we've seen what you suggested just as often. Stomping on computer game characters and the real thing aren't the same. With 30 seconds left, Jeff had to do what Matt did in the previous match, break up any pins until the time ran out. Instead he decided to hit high risk offence on already downed opponents, which was unneccessary. He could of hit a leg drop instead of a swanton. Boring? Maybe. Sensible strategy? I'd say so, but of course strategy is irrelevant when the outcome is predetermined. My overall point was the way Jeff did it, made it obvious that it's predetermined. Yes i know we all know anyway, but that's not the point.

Oh Dear god. of course, i forgot you would want to make the Champion look weak and getting beatin. Wait does that mean that Jericho did the same thing? i cant remember him getting pinned in it. Im sure they will get their dream one day.

Mark Henry was never pinned either, in his match, but he also didn't come out last nor did he retain. I don't think anyone even had a chance of pinning HHH did they? "Anything can happen in WWE" has been there motto for years and years, but when it comes to the champs, the same things keep happening, and we occassionally get a great swerve like the Jericho swerve.
Jericho capitolised on an opportunity, which HHH did as well, imo Jericho's was executed better. A war torn battered Jericho making a pin and doing nothing else in a title scramble was better than HHH coming out fresh as a daisy and only having difficulty sub-duing Jeff.
It would just be nice if HHH were made to look a little more vulnerable every now and again to guys who aren't ME guys or Punjabi/wrestling Nightmares. Twice on SD! Kendrick/Shelton/MVP gang mugged HHH to weaken him, night of the PPV the thought doesn't cross their minds once.

"Look out, the best in the business has come out last, fresh and ready, so let's just mind our own business instead of immobilizing him immediately"

It just begs belief how the ME matches are orchestrated sometimes, but that's for another discussion.

It didnt make him look mentally ******ed. He did the logical thing. Also if you noticed he didnt look at the clock. and the Refferee does the count awfully fast there was a chance he would of had time after Trips had finished to do a pinfall. I still think it was the best way Hardy could of ended it. far better then just playing dead cos if he did that he wouldnt of been able to do what he did. now would he?

No he didn't look at the clock but there were 10,000 people counting down, and as the pin occurred in the last 10 seconds, Jeff knew how long he had. I may be wrong, but Jeff did NOT have time for another pin after HHH's.

Either psykohurricane hasn't noticed our discussion, or just doesn't want to admit he agree's with me (lol) but i'm obviously not the only person who thinks Jeff going for a pin at that instant was a stupid move. Anyway, it's not really important, at least we both agree the match was a solid bout and MVP was a waste of space for thse 20 minutes.

I saw the match on the tube and was really impressed with it. I thought it was a great back and forth match that has made me slightly rethink my position on Jeff Hardy, he looked impressive in it and I think that maybe one day he could be a legit thread for the title. Maybe.

TBK was also impressive, and I think that what happened to him in the final 5 minutes actually made alot of sense. In singles competition he is still very new (On SD anyway) and as such his inexperience got in the way meaning that when HHH came out, it would make sense for HHH to go after the most inexperienced person to get his title back.

Also TBK was the star in the match, they allowed him to pretty much dominate the middle part of the match and for that he then had to take a couple of pinfalls, which I see no problem with, and he can still use his momentum gained in this match to propel him further up the ladder.

Also I cannot see how anyone could call HHH's efforts in this match as a shovel job, he only had 5 mins in the match, some of which he spent on the outside following the irish into the steps. If anything I would say he was very lucky to keep his title, his final pinfall was the closest (I believe) to zero hour and if there had been another 3 seconds on the clock, chances are Jeff would be the champ.

Overall, great match and there is some great momentum for the majority of the participents to carry.

I thought the scrambles were good ideas and i enjoyed this match. It was a good tester to see how people reacted to THE Brian Kendrick and he got some good offense. I was pretty certain that HHH was going to win it but at times i wasnt sure it had some suspense so it was a good match

Got to agree, everyone except MVP impressed me last night. Based on what we've read about MVP getting heat for underperforming, then i think they're right. What did he add to that match last night? Everyone except Jeff had to prove to the fans that they belonged in WWE title matches imo and MVP failed miserably to do so. Did he actually connect with any offence other then punches and kicks?
Do you think he wanted to go out there in his first world title match and have next to no offense? Do you think he tried to perform badly here? Do you think his intent was to come across as nothing more than a jobber to the stars? MVP wasn’t supposed to impress anyone in this match. He had a part and he played it as I'm sure he was told to. This was part of his punishment plain and simple for the backstage heat, which may be partly due to their perception he’s been under performing (more on that below), but due moreso to his unprofessional comments to the drug tester.

i dont even know why he was in it
MVP was put in this match before the tester incident took place I believe. He’d just come off an intense, exciting feud with Jeff Hardy, he was getting it done on the mic, he’d gotten his heel heat back and then some, and he consistently puts on good matches. Arguably, he was ready to move up to the main event level. Thus, he was put in the match for good reason at the time. But things change and in MVP's case at a really inopportune time. I'm not saying he isn't to blame for his behavior, but I think it’s complete B.S. that management couldn’t put aside their beef and let him at least get in a little offense, have a decent showing here, instead of making him the fall guy.

By far, the best of the three Scrambles and my pick for Match Of The Night. Exciting action and pace from start to finish. This match was really a showcase of Hardy, Kendrick, and Benjamin and all three delivered. They had me on the edge of my seat. While most including myself predicted HHH to retain, the match still felt like anything was possible. Kendrick had the surprise pin of the night and I’m glad he did it on his own without Zeke’s interference. I find it interesting Shelton didn’t get a pinfall, yet they seem so high on him at the moment. No surprise due to his backstage heat that MVP had almost no offense and took the final pin.

I like that they didn’t have HHH and Hardy go at it here, thus saving the moment when they will meet 1-on-1 for the title. Jeff went the distance, had the most pins, and looked poised to achieve his dream only to have HHH score the crucial last pinfall with time running out. This just adds another piece to Jeff’s story. When he eventually wins, it will be HUGE and while I understand saving that moment for a bigger PPV, possibly even Mania, the waiting is getting harder. If they wait too long, I’m afraid some (like I’m beginning to see with my daughter) may start to lose hope and be turned off.

I enjoyed the match until HHH got in, even after that it was a fun match. Even though I predicted a HHH victory, at the last few seconds, I seriously thought Hardy was going to win and was getting my mark out ready. At the same time, I thought the end was really dumb. Jeff SAW Triple H pin MVP, he was standing right next to him! Why would he try and pin someone else? And why would he need to pin someone if he was already the current champion? At the end of the ECW scramble, Matt spent the last 40 seconds breaking up pinfalls like crazy. Jeff should have been doing the same. That pissed me off because the ending made no sense in terms of Jeff's logic, but regardless it was a good match.

I enjoyed this match ... though as some have said the ending was ridiculous.
I think we all knew that Triple H had to come out of this with a win. There is no logical reason to put the strap on any of the other guys in this match just yet. But as good as Hardy was and as much as I love MVP and Benjamin. The biggest thing I learned from this match.
Brian Kendrick is an absolute star. I remember when they broke up LonDrick and I thought, well that is silly, neither one of these guys will make it on their own. I was completely, 100 percent, absolutely wrong beyond belief.
This guy's in ring ability was never in question, but I cannot believe the amount of charisma this guy has. He absolutely is perfect in this gimmick ... right down to the jacket he wears and the bodyguard that is always around.
He was great in this match as well. I was happy with the pace of the match and I think that Kendrick and Hardy helped carry it a bit. I actually differ with the rest of the marks ... I liked when Triple H came in and things slowed down a bit.
All in all, probably the best scramble match of the night and the second best match on the card.

The Brian Kendrick elevated that match from a mediocre affair to one of the best on the card all by himself - he carried that damn match. Triple H, as I predicted, did NOT bring his A-Game as someone made mention to earlier in the Triple H thread and basically was completely invisible in the match until the finish. Jeff Hardy looked good, but Benjamin wasn't entirely there. MVP held his own, but I think due to his heat he may have been booked to look weak. Which is sort of strange, if he's the one who got heat, why didn't he become the pin-the-donkey of the match instead of Kendrick? I suppose Kendrick is a more likely pinnee due to his size...

Either way, had it not been for THE Kendrick, this would not have been a very entertaining match - two of the guys looked like they could care less about whether or not they were in the match. Definitely the best Scramble match of the night, but I don't consider the concept of the Scramble match to be entirely successful.

Triple H winning was another "meh" moment...Hardy had PLENTY of time left to go over there and break the count, but for some reason he wanted to relax a bit on the ropes instead...with seven seconds left and half a second to Triple H's pin location. Probably screwed up the finish or something...because if one applies one's logic, Jeff Hardy should have easily been able to break that up. Had Jeff been on the outside for example...the finish just did not help make HHH's reign as champion any better at all and pretty much accentuated the fact that wrestling is fake. I mean, we all know it, but it's nice to see them try the best they can do fool us at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back