Unforgiven: WWE Championship Scramble Match

After reading over the rules, I'm no longer opposed to this match. I thought they were going to play hot potato with the Championship, much like they did at Wrestlemania 2000 with the Hardcore Title. This match no longer looks like a cheap way for Triple H to notch up his World Title count.

I really can't see any one outside of Triple H winning this match. Shelton, Kendrick, and MVP have never been in the main event before and now they're suddenly being thrown into this match? Highly unlikely that they will win. I think Jeff Hardy will be a temporary champion and then eventually lose it to Triple H. He is the only other person that has had a main event build up before, besides Triple H.

The fact that the WWE had to use Shelton Benjamin and The Brain Kendrick in the WWE Championship Scramble match goes to show you how desperate the WWE is to make it a little less predictable.
It's obvious that Triple H would be in the match, he's the champ, but I think he's too good of a champion to lose the title to any of the participants in the match, except for Hardy.
Jeff Hardy would be the most deserving to be in the match, because he's been with the company for many years, winning the Tag Team Championships, European Championship, Light Heavyweight Championship, Hardcore Championships, and Intercontinental Championship.
Just the thought of M.V.P. winning the WWE Championship just send shivers down my spine. I have never been a fan of M.V.P. and if the does win the WWE Championship, it better be nowhere near his United States Championship reign, as I feel that he didn't deserve such a long reign, I don't think he's ready for the WWE Championship.
The Brian Kendrick in the match makes me think that it was a last-minute decision with both Kennedy and Umaga being injured. I don't find Kendrick's match to be as exciting as it was when he was teaming with Paul London, and in his ''Spanky'' days. Most people, like him better now, but I'm not one of those people, the fact that he even gets a shot at the title, makes me think.
Then there is Shelton Benjamin who is already the United States Champion, so it's pretty obvious he won't win the WWE Championship, although I would love to see him as the champ. The only way, Shelton would win is only if he lost the U.S.. Championship, which he just won a month ago. Anyways, if any wrestler is lucky enough to be a ''dual champion'', it will most likely be the top-tier championship and the tag team or the second-tier and a tag team. It will never be the first and second-tier championships.

With that being said, I think that Triple H will definitely retain, but it's clear that Jeff Hardy is the most deserving.

After reading over the rules, I'm no longer opposed to this match. I thought they were going to play hot potato with the Championship, much like they did at Wrestlemania 2000 with the Hardcore Title. This match no longer looks like a cheap way for Triple H to notch up his World Title count.

Totally agree with this sentence, when I first read about it on WZ, I was like WTF. But having the staggered entrance of opponents, makes this all the more appealing.

Will the person who comes in last have a better chance of winning (freshness) or worse chance (Only getting 5 mins to pin someone)? Also I like the sounds of this Scramble better, it can create a couple of new fueds as these people havent really had much to do with each other before.

Personally I do see trips walking out with the title, but I wouldnt really be shocked to see any of the others claim the title, hold it for a month and drop it to Edge or Taker or Show so they get the title but they dont have to win it from HHH.

Also I would pay top dollar to see a finish that wasnt meant to happen, I mean say for instance Kendrick has the last pin and then HHH is supposed to win it in the last 3 secs, but they mistime the spot and the ref cant complete the 3 before time is up. That in my opinion would be funny.

Totally agree with this sentence, when I first read about it on WZ, I was like WTF. But having the staggered entrance of opponents, makes this all the more appealing.

Will the person who comes in last have a better chance of winning (freshness) or worse chance (Only getting 5 mins to pin someone)? Also I like the sounds of this Scramble better, it can create a couple of new fueds as these people havent really had much to do with each other before.

Personally I do see trips walking out with the title, but I wouldnt really be shocked to see any of the others claim the title, hold it for a month and drop it to Edge or Taker or Show so they get the title but they dont have to win it from HHH.

Also I would pay top dollar to see a finish that wasnt meant to happen, I mean say for instance Kendrick has the last pin and then HHH is supposed to win it in the last 3 secs, but they mistime the spot and the ref cant complete the 3 before time is up. That in my opinion would be funny.

Thats exaclt why they won't let Kendrick or Benjamin get a pin in this match.If they did and there was a f**k up they'd be screwed. Triple H retains if not him maybe Jeff. But I don't see anyone else winning this thing.

I realize that Kendrick is a "talent" but he is not worth the main event yet. I mean who has he beaten on Smackdown since coming to Smackdown. I realize he has charisma and is good on the MIC. I just think he should not be in the Main Event Yet. My opinion.

Yes but I think your missing the point. I don't think anybody believes Kendrick is going to win the match. He hasn't yet proven "worthy" of a title. The thing is by putting him in the mainevent at a PPV, it helps him get more credibility and with this new credibility he will be able to climb the ranks in the midcard. This is what WWE needs to do more often, help establish a new "breed" of young guys and this is what they are trying to do by having Kendrick be in a mainevent, IMO though....

Yes but I think your missing the point. I don't think anybody believes Kendrick is going to win the match. He hasn't yet proven "worthy" of a title. The thing is by putting him in the mainevent at a PPV, it helps him get more credibility and with this new credibility he will be able to climb the ranks in the midcard. This is what WWE needs to do more often, help establish a new "breed" of young guys and this is what they are trying to do by having Kendrick be in a mainevent, IMO though....

But they should only focus one building one surprise future star at a time. Meaning you can't have Benjamin and Kendrick in this match. You have one or the other. Maybe you put Kendrick in along with Big Show and have Shelton defend the US title. Or replace Shelton with Kendrick to further his feud with Jeff Hardy. But not both.

I like the match and one thing i could see creative doing is have trips pin MVP with like 2 minutes left. Then with time almost run out have him hit kendrick with a pedigree at the same time Hardy hits shelton with a swanton and have them pin at the same time. It would be a tie but HHH would keep the title because he was the defending champion. IMO that would be a great way to start a HHH/Hardy fued. I know its a long shot but i personally would like to see it.

It would be so awesome if The Brian Kendrick won the title. I would go crazy!!!. I think at least one of the world titles will change hands. I would say Shelton is the least likely to win. Then probably TBK and MVP. But Jeff really doesn't have a whole lot of momentum, considering he just lost to MVP at summerslam.

My prediction is we'll see a swerve and TBK wins the title!

Carpie makes a good point, having HHH and hardy get a pin at the same time at the end would be pretty much the perfect way to start a HHH/hardy feud, or even just having hardy win would start it....you know trips will get a rematch. Im glad theres finally more than 1 good main title match at a PPV SD!s should be better but both you cant really pick out one guy who is guarnteed to win....which i like.

Definitely intriguing. In my opinion, there's no way Kendrick should win this. I'm personally loving his character change, but compared to the three other contenders...there's no way he deserves it over them. Jeff, MVP, and even Shelton are definitely ahead of Kendrick for a world title. As good as he's becoming, there's just no way he deserves the world title so fast.

Shelton is still running with his US Title which is perfect for him right now. Shelton definitely has solid ring work and always impresses in his matches. But considering he just got the US Title, I think it's better for him to run with that for a good long while, like MVP did, to solidify himself as upper-midcarder. Still, a win here is not an entire impossibility, but I'd consider it a major shocker for him to pull it out.

MVP is, with Jeff, the two guys among the contenders who I could see winning this match. MVP has solid ring work and top notch mic skills I definitely see MVP getting a pinfall at some point or another, but somehow, I don't see him walking away with the title. I think a strong showing in the match could elevate him to a main event player. If he wins the match, which I'd consider a little bit of an upset, I can definitely see him having a great feud with HHH and probably mixing in Hardy in there. Even if he loses, I think he could go on to have a great feud with Undertaker.

Jeff is my call to win it. With a win over HHH at last year's Armageddon and a solid title match at Royal Rumble, as well as a strong showing in the Elimination Chamber against HHH under his belt, I think he was definitely in line for the push Punk is getting now, but for the suspension. With time and good matches since (against Umaga and MVP), it's definitely time for Hardy's world title reign. A last minute pinfall over someone other than Trips (not actually taking the pinfall sets up an easy gateway for the feud) sees Hardy walking away with the title. It would be somewhat reminiscent of his victory over Triple H a few years ago for the IC Title, wouldn't it?

Alternatively, Triple H guts it out and wins it, but probably goes on to feud with Hardy anyway since they're likely saving Edge for Wrestlemania.

I can pretty much guarantee at one point in the match Hardy will pin Benjamin, but in the end somebody like Kendrick or MVP will eat the canvas when HHH pedigrees them, leading to the retained title by trips.

i hate to be an ass but seriously people Matt has never been suspended an is an incredible asset to the company, and he hasn't scored world title gold yet. Jeff on the other hand(love Jeff nothing against him) has been suspended two times he is also an incredible asset but lets face it, Matt will have a world title run before Jeff does. MVP on the other hand is probably going to win it, they gave him the second longest U.S. title run and a PPV victory over Jeff, what is that hinting to? Triple H will probably retain and Punk's keeping the gold until Orton comes back(sorry just had to say it)

I personally think that we'll see Hardy win this one. I personally am hoping for that anyway.

Lets face it, Triple H's run as a face has ran its course now, he needs to be what he is best, a heel. Hardy winning the title, and then have Triple H gradually turn heel, as he struggles to cope with his title loss to Hardy, destroying anyone, at anytime before ultimately destroying Hardy setting up those pair back and forth for the title, probably ending in Triple H winning it back again before the Rumble, and having Jeff win the Rumble and go on to challenge Trips for the belt at Mania

This whole defending the Raw and Smackdown titles the same way in one PPV is stupid. Just like the two Elimination chamber matches in one night. It's just overkill in my opinion. Nonetheless, I am not a religious person but I am PRAYING that Jeff Hardy wins this one. I'd really like to see a Jeff Hardy/Edge feud over the belt, given their past this could be absolutely intense. It'd be amazing for these two to push each other back to their "old" selves, TLC match anyone?

The last thing I would want is for Jeff Hardy to win the title. Why does he deserve it? Why doesn't William Regal deserve it more? Or Shelton Benjamin? Or Kane? People with you know, talent. Not only is he a glorified spot monkey, but he has HORRIBLE mic skills. Sure, he makes a few girls scream in the audience and has a bunch of fan support, but how far can that take you. If Jeff Hardy wins the title, in a few months a bunch of people will be complaining about how Jeff Hardy is the new Cena. Also, I wouldn't trust a two time offender of the wellness policy with the belt either. I mean, what, now we are supposed to believe what he says just because he says "no, I will never do it again." He said the same thing in TNA when he was no showing PPVs. How did that turn out?

In all honesty, I hope Triple H retains the title and starts a feud with Edge or The Undertaker. It would be the best thing for Smackdown.

I personally thought this was a bold and tnaish move on WWE's part. The idea of the scramble made me think right to the hardcore set up with every pin equals a title reign. When i first thought of this though i thought it would be a great idea for the raw main event. Kane deserves anotehr couple of reigns on his belt even if they are brief, and so does jbl. but after finding that smackdown is doing this match style too(real original) it kinda killed those hopes.

My predictions?

Both Cm punk and HHH retain in similar cutting it close endings. Punk was originally supposed to be transitional, but he turned out to be more then what wwe bargined for and would prolly use him up a bit longer seeing as he is becoming a role model and is accepted highly by parents and is starting to gain lots of crowd support.

HHH will retain because whens he never not with the title or out of the title hunt? Most likely he will retain up until WM25 and drop the title to hardy. I believe WM25 will be a sign of the younger talent breaking through and putting them over more.

Just my two-cents.

My first thought on this match was that it was just a way for paul to notch his belt with more reigns. then i learned of the rules and really like this match. it is a great way to put over younger talent. Paul gets a late pin to retain. MVP HHH feud to follow. Possible Hardy MVP HHH. i see trips taker wm.

Jeff Hardy. Please. I hope and think he may win, of course I'm blinded by my marking of him, but still ... please.

Ok I am really looking forward to this, mainly because I think and hope to good golly gosh that Jeff wins the belt. I am still blinded by my marking but I think that Jeff should actually win.

Shelton Benjamin has no chance in hell of winning. He is already the US Champ, so they ain't gonna make him World Champ as well, plus he ain't ready and he is happy with his mid-card position.

The Brain Kendrick won't be winning the belt. He is getting pushed big time, to be put in a championship match after such short time from coming out of jobber status. But he isn't ready.

MVP ... maybe, he beat Jeff Hardy at Summerslam which is a big time push. But ... I don't think they would give it too him yet to be honest, he just ain't ready to go over.

Jeff Hardy. Yes please. I marked out just at the thought of him being set up for him being champ. When he beat Khali I dead of markism. Now he is the only one who has a cahnce of winning the belt here, and they can do it in a match that won't make HHH look bad. Also HHH hinted Hardy ... but I'm not sure, and I'm smart enough to know I'm being blinded by the delusion of Hardy marking.

HHH has a good chance of retaining just because of the other star power in the match, and even though I am dying for Hardy to win the belt HHH will probably retain in the match by overcoming the odds so to speak.

I don't think they would have all world title change at one PPV. CM is going to lose the belt IMO, and so is Henry. Hence, HHH would fit to retain.

here's wht I think could happpen if they were smart, the match goes on as normal til mvp enter and rushs in a hit the drive by kick on benjamin and gets a pin, boom mvp champ, then with a few sec left hhh hits the predigee on kendick just as benjamin hits mvp with his finisher but hesitates cuz he's trashtalking not ppaying attention to time. hardy hits him with the TOF and then mvp wit the swanton bomb him and hhh get the last pin @ the same time dual champps new fued started and mvpp and benjamin fued cuz of match wit kendrick maybe in fued too. hhh and hardy have a ladder match @ cyber sunday to determine a true champ with maybe egde returning cost hhh the match to start a fued wit edge since edge is the hottest heel goin beside y2j. edge blamed hhh for his marriage goin to hell. what yall think

I would really like to see Jeff Hardy win the title wwe has been building up to this for a good few months now and I dont see any of the other guys winning they are not really prepered to win the the belt yet. I mean imagine if Brian Kendrick won the belt (lol!) If Hardy doesn't win its gonna be HHH maybe they could build up to wm 25.

IMO the Raw match will be 10x better than this match. In the Raw match there are 4 guys that could walk away with the title (Punk, Cena, Batista, Kane). But in the Smackdown version there are only 2 (HHH and Hardy). I like the idea for the match but there should be better competition in the Smackdown match

Someone wins the belt then loses the belt back to HHH on smackdown, so The Game can get another step closer to passing Ric Flair for most World Title reigns. I guess the only person who has a real shot at this is Jeff Hardy

Theres no way anyone but HHH is walking out with the title, 99% chance The Game walks out with the title, and 1% chance Jeff Hardy does. Sometime during this match there will be a Pedigree Fest where all 4 challengers are Pedigreed in a span of 30 secs. I hope HHH makes his opponents look slightly credible and doesn't dominate this match.

I only see HHH walking out as champion, mainly because Unforgiven is not a big enough PPV for Hardy (The one most likely to win the title next) to win the title. He deserved it at SummerSlam this year, but that didn't happen, so maybe next year at SummerSlam or WrestleMania XXV.

Triple H will also win because it's too soon to end his reign. If he lost it at Unforgiven then this reign would be meaningless because he's only beaten John Cena and The Great Khali. Beating Cena is one thing, but beating Khali dosen't mean much. He needs to keep the belt 'till Hardy wins it at a big PPV, then Hardy's achievement will be greatened by beating a dominant champion.

I'm thinking that Hardy is going to win the title, possibly with a pin over Shelton or Kendrick. MVP will then run is both the next few weeks about how he has beaten Hardy, etc. HHH will obviously be involved in some sort of rematch, because he never actually got pinned. This sets up a Triple Threat at the next PPV, b/c Hardy and MVP probably can't main event alone yet with triple H but I'd pay to watch that triple threat.

And as for the Raw scramble I actually think Punk will retain...this is how I see it happening, let me know if I'm crazy. Somehow, with 5 minutes to go Punk is still the champion, everyone proceeds to beat the ever loving shit out of him, until its time for a pin. Predictably noone will let a pin happen and punk retains the title as he's unconscious leaving even more doubt he doesnt deserve the title. Thats the angle Punk is playing right now and it will probably continue until he beats Cena 1 on 1 at the next PPV as Batista and Kane face each other.

And as for the Raw scramble I actually think Punk will retain...this is how I see it happening, let me know if I'm crazy. Somehow, with 5 minutes to go Punk is still the champion, everyone proceeds to beat the ever loving shit out of him, until its time for a pin. Predictably noone will let a pin happen and punk retains the title as he's unconscious leaving even more doubt he doesnt deserve the title. Thats the angle Punk is playing right now and it will probably continue until he beats Cena 1 on 1 at the next PPV as Batista and Kane face each other.

This is a very good possibility and with the way WWE has been booking Raw lately it is not to far fetched and it would be a sad finish, but funny all in the same. VERY FUNNY actually. I could see this happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back