• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unforgiven: WWE Championship Scramble Match

i think wwe will put some effort in this match and until wwe creative wants this championship scramble match to be a shit one,i think one of the champions will not retain the belt because this whole scramble match will be nothing just to sell another ppv and i heard they will be doing this scramble matches in the future so look for one champion not to retain(probably cm punk i don't see him as a long time champion).By one champion not retaining this kind of match will look more credible more serious in the future

Interesting match stipulation. At least it's not same old same old, they're trying something new. Big thumbs up for the booking of the participants, MVP, Benjamin, Hardy and Kendrick have been given the chance to shine in the main event and will all need strong showings.

MVP has been on the brink of breaking into the Main Event recently but I don't see him taking the title, The Game will retain. I can see them booking MVP strong here (though not as strong as Hardy) as a potential future contender for HHH's world title.

The Brian Kendrick while not standing a chance of winning, could prove that his current push is deserved. Seriously huge match for him and I hope he does well because he is definitely a talent for the future.

Shelton Benjamin has had countless amounts of stop start pushes, and I've heard on the main site that road agents feel he's just doing enough to get by and not pushing himself. If this is true then he needs to snap out of his complaceny and show the agents that he can play with the big boys.

For some reason I see Hardy going up against HHH at WM25 for the title, fortune telling aside I see him looking stronger than MVP and looking like he is seriously going to win the title, but most likely coming up just short.
I like this match but I'm disappointed about not seeing Benjamin vs Hardy vs MVP for the US title. Maybe on Smackdown.

Triple H will in my opinion leave Unforgiven as champion, but I see Hardy and MVP pushing him the whole way.

i think wwe will put some effort in this match and until wwe creative wants this championship scramble match to be a shit one,i think one of the champions will not retain the belt because this whole scramble match will be nothing just to sell another ppv and i heard they will be doing this scramble matches in the future so look for one champion not to retain(probably cm punk i don't see him as a long time champion).By one champion not retaining this kind of match will look more credible more serious in the future

Exactly...But its even MORE credible if HHH loses the belt. If only Punk loses the strap it may still not be credible due to his "paper champion" angle.

Right now, it definitely looks like Triple H is gonna retain and bore us for another couple of months, but we all know the results of a match isn't what's important - it's how good the match is. And I can see this being a great match. I love the fact that they're using new talent who haven't been in the main event before.

The only problem I have is that none of the guys who qualified for the match had a clean win. Hardy, for instance, could have beaten easily beaten Khali clean, had Khali not been presented as a dominant guy these past weeks, so they did what they did with the finish. I get that. But the Finlay/Benjamin match could have finished clean - the feud with Mike Knox is going nowhere, and Benjamin could really have benefitted with a clean win over Finlay, one of the best workers in WWE. I don't get why WWE don't like clean wins, but I guess it's to push Triple H as even more dominant.

All in all, this could be a hell of a match if everyone delivers. Jeff Hardy, MVP and Shelton Benjamin all have the ring skills to make it in the main event, and while Kendrick isn't at that level just yet, I'm sure he will be there, in time. It's refreshing to see someone new in the championship picture, props to WWE. My money's on Trips to retain, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a title change, to either Hardy or MVP. Let's see how the build continues, things may change.

Here's a horrifying thought, what if the give the belt to the Brian Kendrick. It would be a major out of this world curve ball, that would make me sick. But with how hard they've been pushing Kendrick, it makes sense in that nauseating way. I've been disappointed in WWE creative recently but this would take the cake.

It could be they want a repeat of the "paper champion" angle, but Kendrick would be 100x more cocky then punk.

Listen I know its not likely at all and is probably absurd, and I'm just fearing the worst. But would any of you actually drop dead over this development, or just been sick to your stomachs.

I like the idea of these championship scrambles. A couple of things though:

1. The rules for the Smackdown one and Raw one should have been different. I don't know but this is just a lot like an elimination chamber without the steel. I know that the title can change hands mid-match but the winners won't be official wwe history. So they should have come up with something to set these two things apart or only had one of them and came up with oh I don't know a different idea for the other major title spot at the ppv.

2. Two of the best Raw guys and two of the best Smackdown guys aren't even involved. HBK/Jericho and Undertaker/Edge. Sure HBK will probably fight Jericho again, but what about Taker/Edge. I guess Edge is out for a while to sale the hell in a cell match ending. What about Taker? Not that I would want him to win b/c I'm a little mad at him right now for putting Edge on the "shelf". I mean Edge absolutely carries Smackdown for a month and dominates the best segments on that show ever and then he just disappears. But back to Taker, he gets beat for the title he was screwed out of by Edge, then comes back and beats him but not for the title, and now what? Wouldn't he be ready to get the gold back too?

3. CM Punk finally proves himself by beating someone clean and retaining his title and now one of the poster boys, Cena/Batista, with their limited talent get to jump right back on top. Thanks for making the SummerSlam match with Punk meaningless in record time. People talk bad about Punk and say he only has three moves...but have you seen ever seen a Cena match? Not only does he only have three moves, but he uses the same three about eight times per match. At this point if Punk doesn't retain I'm going for Kane. No Batista. Please no JBL. F U Cena.

4. I do love that Brian Kendrick is getting into the main event due to this "scramble" thing even though he won't even get one pinfall. Other than that the Smackdown scramble seems more like training camp held by Triple H. Hardy is the only other top contender in the matchup. As good as I personally think Benjamin is, he's always hovered between mid-card and main event status. So, of course Triple H will retain and I want him to, but I just wish WWE could do a better job of making the fans believe the Game really does have a chance of loosing the belt.

5. One last thing I wanted to mention. With these two matches lasting 20 minutes each, what other matches can we expect for the ppv. The total time of these matches, the promos for them, the entrances, and winning celebrations won't last more than an hour and a half at the most. What about the other half of the ppv? What about Matt Hardy/Mark Henry round three. Cause when I think of incredible match-up, oh yeah, I think of Matt and Mark (j/k). Na, probably HBK/Jericho, match for the ECW title, and one more match will round this thing off. We'll just have to see how it turns out.

By the way Cactus Jack2 if Kendrick won the scramble. I'd be bobbling my head around smiling like Edge does when he's in "I just screwed you" mode. He has no chance whatsoever of winning the match, but if he did I would love it. Couldn't you just hear him now, "The Brian Kendrick is THE WWE champion!" I hope I'm not making you sick, but if you really don't like Kendrick...maybe you should take it up with his man Zeke. (Cue Edge-like head shaking and shit-eating grin)

I know he has no chance, but the fact that there are many guys who are in line before him would make me a lil sick. I have no problem with Kendrick, but Hardy/MVP should, and most likely will, get the belt first.

As for PUnk going clean, I dont think its time yet. This is not the kind of match where someone wins clean. Either the no pin scenario I talked about earlier would happen, or he'll cover someone after mass destruction has been done by another wrestler. I really think this paper "non deserving" champion angle will continue for at least another month, until maybe survivor series if its worked right.

And to answer the other question I think the rest of the card will look like this:

Santino v Kofi (Santino wins thanks to Beth)

Cryme Tyme v Priceless (Cryme Tyme wins or Priceless wins and Cryme Tyme steals the belts again)

HBK v Y2J (Who the hell knows with this one)

Henry v Matt Hardy

Smackdown Scramble

Raw Scramble

And probably some development of Taker/Edge/Vickie story somewhere mixed in.

I only see HHH walking out as champion, mainly because Unforgiven is not a big enough PPV for Hardy (The one most likely to win the title next) to win the title. He deserved it at SummerSlam this year, but that didn't happen, so maybe next year at SummerSlam or WrestleMania XXV.

Triple H will also win because it's too soon to end his reign. If he lost it at Unforgiven then this reign would be meaningless because he's only beaten John Cena and The Great Khali. Beating Cena is one thing, but beating Khali dosen't mean much. He needs to keep the belt 'till Hardy wins it at a big PPV, then Hardy's achievement will be greatened by beating a dominant champion.

Triple H has actually gone over Randy Orton and Edge too if you think about it not just Cena and Khali.

Backlash: Triple H def. Orton,Cena,JBL to win WWE title.
Judgment Day: Triple H def. Orton in a Steel Cage match to retain.
ONS: Triple H def. Orton in a LMS Match to retain.
GAB: Triple H def. Edge to retain.
NOC: Triple H def. Cena to retain.
SummerSlam: Triple H def. Khali to retain.

I think Triple H will win too because Jeff is not ready yet and I hink they're building towards a mania showdown between the two. But I was just pointing out Trips has other victories besides Cena and Khali this reign.

Cactus Jack2 I'm with ya all the way. However, when I said CM Punk wins clean I was talking about after him not having any strong title defenses he finally does get a good clean win over JBL at Summer Slam just to have his title taken (most likely) the very nex ppv (Unforgiven). You're totally right about MVP and Hardy both deserving the strap way before Kendrick...I just like Kendrick so I was just messing around. I agree with ya on the Kofi/Santino and CT/Priceless matches too.

This is why I like SmackDown more than RAW at the moment. Instead of the same handful of guys going after the title, we have some newcomers trying to reach the top on SmackDown unlike RAW. The WWE is really expanding their horizon for who they look for as a Main Eventer, it's not just the buff 250+ pounders anymore, guys like Kendrick and Benjamin are becoming big names on SmackDown, and Jeff and MVP are almost there, it's like a breath of fresh air. The way I look at it, there seems to be three potential candidates to win this match: Triple H, MVP, and Jeff Hardy. Benjamin and especially Kendrick is not ready yet, but MVP and Jeff certainly is. Since this is a multi-man match, anything can happen, I wouldn't be surprised if MVP wins the WWE title at Unforgiven, but if it was HHH vs MVP, than HHH would most likely win. I still think that WWE is waiting on Jeff Hardy until 2009 before they give him a World title, so MVP has the best chance besides Triple H to win this match.

Here is my breakdown of everyones chances in the championship scrambles, lets start with RAW
JBL-no chance, if he dosent get the title at summerslam not here
Kane-slight chance, i doubt they would bring the title into the mysterio/kane storyline
Batista/Cena-both have an equal chance but i see neither of them getting it
So my picked winner is CM Punk picking up a late pin, and still looking uncredable
Now with SD!
Shelton-no chance, simply beause he has the US title
Kendrick-the dark horse, he may pick up the victory i woiuld not put it past the reative team, but i beleive HHH wouldnt put him over
HHH-infact it dosent look HHH would put anyone ov these guys over but beacuse i picked Punk and i am fairly confident in that pick, i dont see both champs retaining, if they did then why make the match
Hardy-they need a heel WWE Champ
So my pick is MVP. the title would look good on him and he would make a good heel champ with edge gone

I'm agreeing on the WWE championship, MVP would make a good heel champion. He has the ring and mic skills, not to mention a pretty damn good entrance. And this type of match doesnt mean triple H has to put anybody over, he just has to get screwed. Just spit ballin but could they use Show to come in and do this as more revenge for Vickie's oversight? This would also make Show's much needed heel turn. Could work on all fronts, Show turns, Show v HHH feud and an MVP v Jeff Hardy title feud. But like I said MVP and Jeff Hardy I dont think are ready to headline a title match alone. Who else could jump in on that....I love the WWE scramble because ALOT of the next 6 months and longer storylines can be developed in this one match. Lets just hope WWE creative doesnt drop the ball and give us a boring HHH win, I have no problem w/ him retaining, but lets make some great storylines at least.

FINALLY I can comment on this match. Smackdown was delayed until Saturday for me and I didn't want to throw too many opinions around without seeing how the show presented the situation.

The way I'm looking at it right now, and I might catch hell for it, but who cares, is that the match is going to benefit everybody but Shelton. Kendrick, by proxy of just being involved in a WWE title match at a ppv, is going to be elevated a lot (its just unfortunate that they have ZERO faces for him to challenge on Smackdown, but hopefully we can get a solid and long Bourne/Kendrick feud soon). MVP will most likely pin someone once, which will help him. Shelton, I can't see getting any pins, unfortunately, but I'd love for him to get a pin on HHH....which brings us to the main story that I think will unfold....

This main story is HHH vs Hardy. Back a few months ago, Hardy was "put over" (cough*not really too much*cough) by HHH when he gets a quick roll-up to become the #1 contender for Orton's title at the Royal Rumble. At No Way Out, HHH does the typical "I let you get a win over me, so now I'm taking it back" scenario and pins Hardy, but thankfully, makes him look rather tough in the process by being unable to score the pinfall without two pedigrees, one of which being on a chair. The layout that I think we'll be seeing on this Unforgiven match is somewhat similar. I think the best thing they could possibly do is have Hardy score a pinfall and hold onto that win for a LONG TIME. At the very last chance, HHH finds a way to pin someone (probably Kendrick or Shelton would be best) and gets the final win, thusly retaining....as we all know that HHH most likely will retain anyway. The story they start telling, though, is that Hardy was virtually the new WWE champion, and it was just a last minute save from HHH that prevented it. For a little while, they build up the fact that the two might be feuding and that HHH might possibly turn heel out of jealousy that this kid (Hardy) is catching up to him. Down the line...hopefully at Survivor Series - because I don't feel like seeing HHH as champion until WrestleMania - Hardy becomes the #1 contender (or, if they really do want it to be at WrestleMania, he wins the Royal Rumble) and HHH fully turns heel out of desperation. Whenever the match happens, Hardy wins the title definitively and cleanly, they have a rematch at the next ppv, and HHH moves on to more important things, letting Hardy have his time with the title.

What I'm worried about, with this scramble match, is that it will become an excuse to have HHH destroy Kendrick, Shelton, etc and kill their momentum. He's done it before, and he'll do it again, and it would be ridiculous if the WWE set this up just so HHH could dominate over these four guys that are on the rise.

I know this is even more of a long shot than someone like Benjamin or even Kendrick winning, but what are the odds that we get a double pinfall to finish the match at the end?

First and foremost, I'm thrilled Kendrick is in. I'd LOVE to see him as Champion, but I'm also not above saying that even though I love the guy, a win here this early for him, will make him the Smackdown version of Indy Punk. I think it's a bit too soon to see Kendrick as Champion over the entire division, especially a division as solidly packed as Smackdown. (when I think of Championship matches, I can't YET see Kendrick v. Taker, Kendrick v. Triple H., etc)

However, the rules apply state that ANYONE can pin ANYONE ELSE and become the "technical" Champion at that time. I can see the time expiring as both Triple H. and Jeff Hardy are pinning two others, and both get the 3 count at the same time, as time expires.. setting up a Jeff Hardy v. Triple H. match, to determine the W.W.E. Champion.

If the title gets suspended until that match, Triple H. can log away a 13th reign this year as well, so all in all it'll work the way he likely wants it to. I see the Game becoming the next Ric Flair (via title reigns) by 2012, if not sooner.

:lmao: at anyone thinking Kendrick has a chance. they didnt make him look like ANYTHING getting into it, the way he won that battle royal made him look about as absolutely weak as possible. Which, strangely, leaves an itty bitty bit of doubt in your head that he may win becuase of being the absolute biggest curveball wild card LOL.

Honestly, we all know MVP and Hardy are the only two with a legit shot here. MVP went over in the Hardy feud, and We all realize he is OH so close to that next level. Then again, we have seen more than one time that jobbing in a feud can later lead to big things. To be honest, NONE of these guys can be taken seriously for a title run, and its somewhat obvious to me that this is just being thrown together as to make up for a small amount of build time. MAYBE Jeff Hardy, but just MAYBE. Still cant see it though, becuase as with SD! current structure, ebb and flow, Triple H really serves no other function than the one he is serving now. I think a lot hinges on the other match. If Cena, Batista, or one of the bigger stars wins that match, then maybe Hardy or MVP has a chance. If not, then no fucking way. They wont have Hardy/MVP be champion the same time as CM Punk carrying the WHC. They need to feel like they have one proven guy, and one experimental guy I would think. Probably Trips going over here.

I think Hardy gets the win by pinning one of the three heels. This will allow HHH to go heel and feud with Hardy for the title.
As for Benjamin and Kendrick in the match it is nice to see them get elavated to main event for a small amount of time. However I would have liked to see a someone who has a beliavable shot at winning for 1 of Shelton and Kendrick.

THis match should be good, as its got a number of different styles in Brian Kendrick, Shelton Benjamin and Jeff Hardy. I believe that Big Show could eliminate one of the peple already in the match and become part of the match.
For who wins it, I reckon HHH will come out on top, and if not I think that the WWE will let MVP win this one. I think he is ready for a ME push and he could be a good guy to put the belt on. The other guy who could win is Jeff Hardy. If this was any other type of match, this wouldn't happen as I don't think the WWE would take the belt off a face and put it on a face. But anyone could win this match, except Benjamin as they wouldn't make him a double champion.

I think this match could steal the show. Everyone feels as the though the 2 unlikeliest winners will be Shelton and Kendrick, and how out of place they are. I would assume that may be because Umaga and Kennedy were in those spots before they got hurt, since Shelton is champ and has a lazy attitude and Kendrick is just starting. If these 2 realize the opportunity they've been given, they would put on one hell of a show. And before anyone says there weren't any other options, Taker, Show, Koslov, and even chavo would make more sense in this match. This is the time to shine for these to, I hope they make the best of it.

I could actually see Jeff Hardy taking this match for this reason. HHH works best as a heel. Now, he's been trying to get heelish, but it hasn't taken because of injuries and other opposition. Now with Edge out for a while, the opportunity presents itself to have HHH turn heel, and what better way to go about it than have the most ridiculously over face on SD take the title by pinning Brian Kendrick, and then launch HHH into a bitter vendetta to take his title back.

Add to that, it then gives the possibility of an MVP/Hardy feud where MVP could easily get his first title run, and allows a HHH Undertaker feud in the future if they so choose.

To me, Jeff could sneak the win here. Failing that, the champ retains to keep his belt

The more I think about it, there more I think Jeff could steal this. For some reason it just kind of fits what WWE has been going with lately of the suprise midcarder winning. Either Jeff or MVP are now my pics. One way or another, I can't picture HHH walking out with it. Kendrick and Benjamin clearly won't win it, but I could easily see this coming down to MVP or Hardy. After thinking it over, i'd hope it's Hardy as his window for the title reign is closing rapidly.

WWE needs a heel champ at all times or things begin to feel stale. People want to see the heel lose the strap to the face. It's not as compelling to watch to see the face retain. That was 90's wrestling.

I think MVP stealing a pin fall late over Hardy works best. HHH doesn't really job out, MVP becomes the biggest heel around and the whole "Jeff Hardy beats Jeff Hardy" thing continues. It would be a short reign, but a quick title run for MVP puts him to the top and allows some pretty good potentiall feuds to develop.

Also, the whole Jeff Hardy drug probelms really hurt him. WWE can't afford to have another RVD situation and be forced to pull the titles off him cause of some stupid drug BS. I don't think they'll make that same mistake twice.

It's either HHH or MVP winning. I would be shocked to see them trust Hardy enough for a run.

the WWE could go Kurt Angle Armageddon 2000 on us, and swerve the hell out of everyone

^thats exactly the first thing i thought when they introduced the Raw main event. i very much believe punk will retain, and batista will take the title at some point later this year. im assuming randy orton will return before WM so im thinking batista vs orton for the title later on. but before then, punk will probably continue to solidify himself.

If the Taker/Unforgiven plans are true then I definitely see Triple H losing the title in the Scramble, unless WWE plans on wasting Triple H vs Undertaker at a crappy PPV. As to who Triple H loses the belt to, it's hard to decide between the three (excluding Kendrick since he certainly isn't ready to be WWE Champion, even if it's for a few minutes).

However, if the plans with Taker aren't true then I don't see any reason why Triple H would lose the belt to any of the competitors in the Scramble, except maybe Jeff Hardy.

Here's the thing......people are saying (and they're right) that with the move to MyNetworkTV coming up in September, WWE should want to have a big star at the top of Smackdown, and that's reason enough for HHH to retain, even if he only keeps it until the next ppv. But if Taker is involved, he's a bigger star than even HHH is. Logically, he'd be a better choice, then.

And if for some reason Taker does have his match, who does he face? You can't have him completely squash Shelton/Kendrick/MVP as it makes their title reigns only last a few minutes and they look terrible in the process. You can't make him squash Jeff Hardy, as you not only make Jeff look bad, but you risk turning Taker heel (tough, but the fans are ridiculously behind Hardy lately). So that brings us back to HHH retaining, as he could lose to Taker and it wouldn't be too bad.

However, do you really want to waste having Undertaker/HHH complete with a title change on a ppv that is already full of a "brand new" type of match? Typically, the smaller ppvs revolve around a midcard title possibly changing hands + some sort of gimmick match that sells the ppv outside of the primary feud. Right now, we know that there's more than a good possibility that Matt Hardy is walking out with the ECW title, and there's also a chance we could have the IC and Raw's tag team titles change hands. There's even the possibility that Hardy walks out champion, though I doubt it. And on top of that, there's the possibility that Batista takes the belt from Punk. Strictly in a business standpoint, do you want all your eggs in one basket? No. You want to spread it out. It'd make much more sense for Undertaker to receive a title shot at No Mercy against whoever walks out champion from the Smackdown Scramble...especially if its HHH or if the plan is for Taker to win the title back.

Now, I'm not a business major, but any fool knows that businesses aren't 100% about making the people happy. Would I like to see Undertaker get a title shot at Unforgiven after a scramble? Yeah. I'm sure most people would. But then what do you have for No Mercy? If you jam-pack Unforgiven, and you get a B+ or an A score, and then you have nothing left for No Mercy, and you get a D- rating, you average out to a C of some sort. Your business should be aiming for A's all the time, but its perfectly acceptable to have a steady, consistent B- if the people keep showing up, buying tickets, and ordering the ppv. Right now, Unforgiven already has 3 scramble matches that can influence people to buy the program, and although I won't be one of them, many people will. Sure, it won't be the Royal Rumble or WrestleMania, but it will do a decent job as a money-maker.

Plus, this is only one report, and how often have we seen reports like this that turn out to be changed? Wasn't Ron Killings supposed to be brought up to the main roster "around the Royal Rumble"...and then "a little bit after WrestleMania"? Haha. The way I see it going, we'll have Undertaker/Big Show instead, as a #1 contender's match, since they both don't have a title shot and they both weren't in the scramble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back