TNA iMPACT! LD for 02.17.11

See, this is something that annoys me. They just showed Traci Brooks in the back who hasn't been on TNA TV in over a year. Even if she's not a star (and she's not), having her return in some capacity can be played off as a shock. Instead, we show her doing nothing all that important in the back, and if she does anything with the company moving forward, her return will mean nothing because we just saw her. The same thing happened with Hernandez last week. You take away the moment of surprise when you do that and it ruins the pop. For once, hold off on a surprise TNA! Even if it's small!

This time round I don't agree. For one Traci Brooks has made so many surprise returns that I'm immune to them. She never stays long, it's just a nice little cameo program. Secondly, it's Traci fucking Brooks, if she's not being abused by Robert Roode then who is ever going to give a shit?

See, this is something that annoys me. They just showed Traci Brooks in the back who hasn't been on TNA TV in over a year. Even if she's not a star (and she's not), having her return in some capacity can be played off as a shock. Instead, we show her doing nothing all that important in the back, and if she does anything with the company moving forward, her return will mean nothing because we just saw her. The same thing happened with Hernandez last week. You take away the moment of surprise when you do that and it ruins the pop. For once, hold off on a surprise TNA! Even if it's small!

And here we are 5 minutes later. Her returning to help Kazarian could have been shocking and awesome, but instead, we knew she was backstage and it was kinda obvious when Cookie attacked that it would happen. See what I mean?

I couldn't care less about any aspect of this program so far. I mean, has anything notable happened yet?? We're 45 minutes in and it's been the same bullshit for every single match so far.

This made zero sense.

This time round I don't agree. For one Traci Brooks has made so many surprise returns that I'm immune to them. She never stays long, it's just a nice little cameo program. Secondly, it's Traci fucking Brooks, if she's not being abused by Robert Roode then who is ever going to give a shit?

It's more principle than anything else. I agree that Traci Brooks doens't mean a shit, but what about Hernandez? Don't you think him returning could have been a shock if he wasn't in fucking Bischoff's office a half an hour earlier? Returns in wrestling are something people look forward to and if you aren't going to hype it for weeks, at least make the moment they appear mean something, even if the person themselves doesn't mean much. It's overselling the situation man. That's what wrestling is all about!

So yeah....Flair might as well be wearing a shirt that says "Yep I'm Immortal."

I figured I'd let everyone know that I'm only on the LD because my home computer is in the other room from my television and I was so bored with this crap that I needed to vent. Plus, it kills time before I can turn it off and watch the Jersey Shore for some REAL entertainment.

I believe I agreed with you on Hernandez. This time, no. I think it's probably better to introduce her in a context where people can learn who she is before she actually does something. I'd rather they didn't try to bill her as important or surprising.

Glad to see the Kazarian defeated Guile. Guile needs to go back and get his spot back in the Marvel vs. Capcom series.

I believe I agreed with you on Hernandez. This time, no. I think it's probably better to introduce her in a context where people can learn who she is before she actually does something. I'd rather they didn't try to bill her as important or surprising.

Maybe that's fair, but I think I'm just getting annoyed with the idea of "ruining the moment". In wrestling "the moment" is the tops. If you can create a memorable moment, you've done something great. I know Traci Brooks will NEVER do that so I'll agree with you on her, but I'd still like to see more "moments" created in TNA without ruining said moment by blatantly hinting at it before it happens. "Is it 4:20 Tenay?"

I've missed you face AJ. Gods I hope he wins. Not like Matt has any momentum right now to speak of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back