This right here, is the ECW LD.

Tommy came out in his classic ECW shirt a few weeks ago. Maybe he lost his WWECW shirt?

America does that too, you know. Jim Duggan and Hogan's gimmicks were patriots and American heroes, and when Bret Hart did his anti-America promos, he was one of the most hated heels ever in America.

They aren't marks for every wrestler from their country, though. Only hometown boys. I kinda get what you're saying on some points, but must respectfully disagree on others.

Not to the same extent that Canadians are marks for their country.

And a perfect example was that Jericho altercation a couple months ago, where a Canadian fan told Jericho in the scuffle with the group of fans surrounding his vehicle that he was "a disgrace to Canadians". Now, if that same scuffle happened in America, would the wrestler be called "a disgrace to Americans"? No, of course not.

Yes, they are marks for every single Canadian wrestler, no matter where they are at in Canada. Hell, they even cheered on the Calgary Kid, not having any idea who he even was. They will even cheer on a Heel if they are Canadian, as opposed to an American Face. Did the States boo Bret Hart when he was a Face, just because he was from Canada?

I've studied the behavior and reactions of Canadian fans for years, and there definitely is some misplaced patriotism going on as it pertains to how they view wrestling. I don't think some of them have quite figured out that this is pro wrestling, not the Olympics.

Regal is a heel, he's supposed to be getting those kinds of chants.

Kozlov isn't supposed to be getting "You Can't Wrestle" chants, though. Because he can.

Sidious I think that it's alot different in Canada, simply because they aren't strongly represented in wrestling. So of course they're going to cheer Canadians. It's no different from a wrestler going to his hometown and being cheered.

Regal won?! Nice!

OVERRUN!!

You know, I remember when I'd be in the ECW LD and it would be just me. Then I drew attention to that, and NorCal and X joined in. And it just grew from there. People are realizing just how awesome ECW is.

Gotta sell Breaking Point somehow, I guess.

CHRISTIAN!

Good little episode which isn't surprising.

And I totally marked out for The Hurricane.

was the best ecw in a while.

We got what? five matches in an hour? good stuff

Two words describe how awesome tonights show was: THE HURRICANE!!!

Oh, and the Regal win was a pleasant surprise. I didn't catch most of the Abraham Washington Show, due to a power failure, but I suspect he heeled them in an epic manner.

hurricane, regal win, burchill match. All wins in my book!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back