• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"They" Are Coming on February 3rd?

I don't thinks so because, Kurt is a very good leader, Scott Steiner can be back, Maybe Samoa Joe can join in and even possibly make a story for Matt Morgan being accepted now.
but what about the rest?

Sting can be the easiest between the 3 to attract. Nash said he's not resigning and Booker T is looking to go back to WWE, so its not that simple.

The funny part is that Angle and Steiner where the best two performers in MEM, as nash got in better shape later on and booker T, well he was just boring.

I would love to see MEM, but if it was just a stepping stone for Immortals (i think it would be) I hope it doesn't happen. I wouldn't be able to stand Matt Hardy or Abyss beat up Kurt Angle or Scott Steiner, they're at different levels.

Booker T was FAR from boring, he was the heart and soul of the MEM. He was to that group what Macho Man was to nWo Hollywood. The hardcore loyalist that'd do anything to help the group succeed.

LMAO at Steiner being one of the best performers. He was the worst next to Nash.

All that said, I don't see it being MEM as Dixie Carter doesn't like Steiner, Nash isn't coming back, and Booker has stated that he no longer wants to work a full time schedule. I could see Angle and possibly Sting and Samoa Joe featured in the group but the rest of them will be younger guys. I'd LOVE to see Daniels in it.

No matter who's in it though, as long as Crimson gets a huge push I'm all for it. Definitely boosts my TNA interest.

Why oh why do I feel like it's not going to be M.E.M? I mean, I've heard rumors about SpikeTV wanting TNA to bring them back because the ratings were good when M.E.M was around? Can someone please confirm that if you have any recollection of that time? I was a blind WWE mark back then. Times change. Well, three letters change.

Part of me doesn't want it to be the M.E.M with Nash, Booker and the rest of them. Honestly, the only two people from that group that I like are Angle and Steiner. Steiner is by far one of the funniest guys in wrestling. He cracks me up and I'd love to see him come back. Kurt's Kurt, noone hates the guy.

I would be more than glad if this group IS M.E.M but a bit newer. Crimson's clearly going to be in it, Angle, Steiner possibly, I can see Sting being in it even though I don't want him, Morgan, RVD, Anderson and LET'S HOPE AJ Styles.

Whatever it is, as long as it doesn't involve Nash, Booker, Lashley, Sting, I'll be a happy camper. No disrespect but I'm thinking long term. The face stable should consist of people who will become the biggest faces in the company. Guys that will stick around and continue their work, not fade away, which is what Steiner, Nash, Sting and all those guys will do in mere months after the Immortal storyline is done for. They don't need the rub.

Booker T was FAR from boring, he was the heart and soul of the MEM. He was to that group what Macho Man was to nWo Hollywood. The hardcore loyalist that'd do anything to help the group succeed.

LMAO at Steiner being one of the best performers. He was the worst next to Nash.

All that said, I don't see it being MEM as Dixie Carter doesn't like Steiner, Nash isn't coming back, and Booker has stated that he no longer wants to work a full time schedule. I could see Angle and possibly Sting and Samoa Joe featured in the group but the rest of them will be younger guys. I'd LOVE to see Daniels in it.

No matter who's in it though, as long as Crimson gets a huge push I'm all for it. Definitely boosts my TNA interest.

Samoa Joe is in a program with the Pope, and cannot have Angle and Steiner as only originals from the MEM. Mind aswell should create a new stable and consist of Anderson, RVD, Morgan, Williams, Angle, Crimson, Red and MCMG.

Only way Joe could be in the group is if Pope joined Immortal, but that make no sense sicne he just recently tried to take them out, especially Abyss. Be like when Joe joined the MEM, made no sense since he wanted to kill them.

And Scott Steiner is better as a heel so if he comes back he should join up with Immortal, and if they can make the Pope thing make sense have him join Immortal too and Joe can join the face group.

Why oh why do I feel like it's not going to be M.E.M? I mean, I've heard rumors about SpikeTV wanting TNA to bring them back because the ratings were good when M.E.M was around? Can someone please confirm that if you have any recollection of that time? I was a blind WWE mark back then. Times change. Well, three letters change.

Part of me doesn't want it to be the M.E.M with Nash, Booker and the rest of them. Honestly, the only two people from that group that I like are Angle and Steiner. Steiner is by far one of the funniest guys in wrestling. He cracks me up and I'd love to see him come back. Kurt's Kurt, noone hates the guy.

I would be more than glad if this group IS M.E.M but a bit newer. Crimson's clearly going to be in it, Angle, Steiner possibly, I can see Sting being in it even though I don't want him, Morgan, RVD, Anderson and LET'S HOPE AJ Styles.

Whatever it is, as long as it doesn't involve Nash, Booker, Lashley, Sting, I'll be a happy camper. No disrespect but I'm thinking long term. The face stable should consist of people who will become the biggest faces in the company. Guys that will stick around and continue their work, not fade away, which is what Steiner, Nash, Sting and all those guys will do in mere months after the Immortal storyline is done for. They don't need the rub.

IMO man they should use this as a chance to bring back Desmond Wolfe. No one is going to boo the guy, so why not use that. I know about Angle/Wolfe and their history, but they do have a common goal and that is the Fortune and immortal have both fucked with their careers. Wolfe was kicked out by the group and humiliated by Flair. Angle has been humiliated by Jeff Jarrett and beat down by Immortal. What they should do is have Sting, Angle, and Steiner. Then add 2-3 young guys or rookies to help them get over. To me Desmond Wolfe and Crimson actually look very similar so they would be awesome together. I mean if you want to add one more guy to the group Doug Williams would be perfect. Another man who was kicked out of Fortune, but also isn't involved in anything unlike Morgan is. So......

Main Event Mafia
Kurt Angle
Sting
Scott Steiner
Crimson
Desmond Wolfe
Doug Williams

IMO man they should use this as a chance to bring back Desmond Wolfe. No one is going to boo the guy, so why not use that. I know about Angle/Wolfe and their history, but they do have a common goal and that is the Fortune and immortal have both fucked with their careers. Wolfe was kicked out by the group and humiliated by Flair. Angle has been humiliated by Jeff Jarrett and beat down by Immortal. What they should do is have Sting, Angle, and Steiner. Then add 2-3 young guys or rookies to help them get over. To me Desmond Wolfe and Crimson actually look very similar so they would be awesome together. I mean if you want to add one more guy to the group Doug Williams would be perfect. Another man who was kicked out of Fortune, but also isn't involved in anything unlike Morgan is. So......

Main Event Mafia
Kurt Angle
Sting
Scott Steiner
Crimson
Desmond Wolfe
Doug Williams

I agree with Desmond brought into this. Maybe that's why they didn't air him interfering in the AJ/Doug Williams match a few weeks ago?

I like the people you chose, but you need to add RVD and Anderson too. Can't just leave 'em without oponents and stuff.

Main Event Mafia | Immortal/Fourtune
Kurt Angle | Jeff Jarrett
Sting | Jeff Hardy
Steiner | Matt Hardy
Crimson | Abyss
Wolfe | Roode
Doug | Storm
Anderson | Styles
RVD | Kazarian​

It fits perfectly. I don't know what Steiner and Wolfe's motives would be to go against Immortal apart from being the good guys, but that looks like a pretty sweet line up to me.

I agree with Desmond brought into this. Maybe that's why they didn't air him interfering in the AJ/Doug Williams match a few weeks ago?

I like the people you chose, but you need to add RVD and Anderson too. Can't just leave 'em without oponents and stuff.

Main Event Mafia | Immortal/Fourtune
Kurt Angle | Jeff Jarrett
Sting | Jeff Hardy
Steiner | Matt Hardy
Crimson | Abyss
Wolfe | Roode
Doug | Storm
Anderson | Styles
RVD | Kazarian​

It fits perfectly. I don't know what Steiner and Wolfe's motives would be to go against Immortal apart from being the good guys, but that looks like a pretty sweet line up to me.

Like I said previously since Wolfe was kicked out of Fortune, who is now apart of Immortal he has a motive. Same thing with Williams. The only real explanation would have to come from Steiner, but I think he could just say he was helping out his MEM brother.

as you may know a guy named crimson, the guy who keeps on attacking immortal saying ''they'' are coming on February 3rd. Main event mafia is suppose to come back, that day. and im excited because main event mafia was one of the reasons i watched tna impact. But my question is..... what does crimson have to do with main event mafia?,... what is he gonna do?

the last time i saw him he was playing as amzing red's little brother, even though he's taller than red big time.

He is obviously going to be a member... I bet they chose him to throw people off... If it was Scott Steiner, Kurt Angle, or any of the other former members, it'd be so obvious everyone would pick up on it.

Given that RVD and Kaz are the high-flyers of their respective groups I see that working.
Anderson and Styles not so much but I see it working.
Wolfe and Doug, they're in their little reformation of the Bristish Invasion so them facing Beer Money would be some good tag team matches.
Crimson ahs been taking the most hits to Abyss. Abyss was the first he choked and this impact IMPALED him with Janice. They both have played the Messenger and are both monsters. would be good feud.

Steiner vs Matt Hardy, eh it could work. They're both people past their prime. Kind of out of shape. Well at least Hardy is. Steiner is debatable.

Sting and Jeff Hardy. They're both face paint weaerers. Similair gimmicks. I could see Sting saying "Kid do you know who I am? I'm the man that made your gimmick, blah blah blah"

Kurt Angle, Jeff Jarrett explains itself

I don't think he's going to remain reds brother ! I Think Kurt told red to say he was his brother just to get at jarret! And eventually it will be announced that it was all Kurt's and Dixie's master plan!

I think he might be MEM guy to recruit younger wrestlers in kayfabe although in reality TNA seem to want to expose him a bit more.

I'm liking Crimson and I think he'll be a good asset (more so than your Tommy Dreamers and Matt Hardys).

Good luck to Crimson he seems to have the package (and I did lol @ his name... Alot better than "red" though it must be said).

Crimson will be apart of it, and is the one professing about "They" much to the same way as Abyss did and he is apart of it. Crimson can be used to fight for the X-Division title against Kazarian and help the Main Event Mafia, it's a numbers game and the Main Event Mafia will be lower on numbers than Immortal so they will use guys like Crimson to help balance out the numbers.

Hopefully it won't be just the MEM...putting a guy like Crimson with them is a good way to give a rub to a younger wrestler. Hopefully one or two other younger guys are in this group.

Alright, World Title is covered, X-Division is covered, but they have no TV title or Tag Team title coverage, nor any coverage in the Knockouts part of the show. All that aside, Crimson will get a good rub from teaming with the M.E.M, heck I even see Mr. Anderson and RVD joining to help out with Samoa Joe and Matt Morgan as well. Heck, this will be the time were Morgan finally gets the spot he wanted.

yes he will get the young guns in there, but alot of TNA's "Younger Guys" like the MCMG, Red, Jay Lethal, and even Gen Me, have already been put out there as young up and coming talent. So to do "Brand New" talent, that would surprise me. But I have a sick feeling that it's just gunna be a bunch of old vets, who can't do too much so they can give Crimson and a few of the other "young guys" in the group a much needed push.

It would do wonders for TNA to build up their younger roster members with this angle. Have Kurt come back and lead This MEM while giving a rub to current roster members who could use the exposure, not so much bring in older guys who will be gone or forgotten about after the storyline ends.

They are just rehashing there own storyline and not even waiting months to do it no less. Zzzzzzz Seriously who cares!!!!!

They have so many people on the roster now and don't do a thing with them, with exception of a small fraction that get regular attention.

and if the rumours are true that Steiner has re-signed with TNA, thats a bad thing.
Probably be just another Wolf Pac stable with Sting, Nash, Steiner or MEM coming back.
and others will get buried even further

One thing is obvious, It's a fight back by Dixie whatever it is, maybe joining forces with another company. Crimson looks the part and isn't a detriment but once again this is just doing the same thing they did months ago. Totally ******ed

I like Crimson, I like Amazing Red, I just hope this they thing with They doesn't screw up this potentially good situation for both of the them... Red is so under used and crimson just got there so please Dixie, DON'T BE AN IDIOT FOR ONCE AND DO THIS RIGHT!

I missed TNA the last couple of weeks can you tell who crimson is? You can't trust anyone in TNA anymore i think its a plan made up of Sting, Nash, Angle, Pope, Amazing Red, and crimson who are part of immortal and also known as "they"

I dvr TNA and usually watch a good portion of it. Crimson intrigues me. I've been watching wrestling since 1978 when I was 8 and grew up in the prime of wrestling and love seeing guys bust their ass and get over. Crimson looks like the real deal, almost like a Randy Orton of TNA type, who could get over more in time w the MEM. I like the direction of the Angle/Jarrett feud minus bringing in Karen, but whatever. TNA needs "real emotion" in their young guys to bring out their characters. I want to see a younger guy pissed off, ridiculously mad and cut a sick promo. It's like they're all buddies in the back and its just an act, which it is but give me a 'once the lights go on and the music hits, this shit is real.' Kick some ass Crimson!

I really, really hope all this They stuff is not the MEM. A lot of rumors about guys signing have been floating around. It makes the most sense that it will be the Mafia returning. Sting and Nash left. Sting has always been Dixie's guy. It's not like Steiner or Booker are doing anything. Angle calling in his buddies would make sense from a story line standpoing.

However, how in the hell would a guy who has never actually wrestled a match in TNA be linked to the Main Event Mafia. Crimson has only had a two minute "exhibition" in the ring. He definitely has the potential. I like him being the messenger, but I would really love it to be a swerve and for it not to be MEM. I hope on Feb 3, they bring in a group from the independent scene. It won't be...it will be MEM against Frontline again. Only this time, MEM are the Faces and AJ, Beer Money, Kaz are the heels.

We're going to end up with old has beens in the main event scene. Push Crimson, Push Wolfe, Push Fortune, but quit rehashing old storylines.

The only other option I see at this point would be for it to actually not involve Angle and bring in the Wolfpack. Nash, Sting, Steiner, Red and Crimson are all tied to the Red and Black. We'll see...maybe they can bring in Buff Bagwell too.

I never watched TNA back when MEM was there before. MEM was.. Nash, Sting, Steiner, Angle, Booker T. ?
as mentioned, if one of these people were to say "they" are coming for Immortal, it could be expected that it was MEM. right now it's just speculation and rumours.

I don't necessarily think anyone else other than Crimson needs to be in with MEM.
I think everyone should agree that it is going to take a group of wrestlers to beat the group of Immortal. what would be better.. a new group of current wrestlers or an already established well known group? MEM could come in(with Crimson) and take on Immortal, then that could allow the likes of Anderson and Morgan to still battle for the heavy weight title and the 2 don't have to be connected. if Anderson and/or Morgan were to be included in MEM then they could get burred.
MEM could take on Immortal, and don't need to be included in heavy weight title contention. if MEM returns, I don't want to see one of them battling for the heavy weight title.
MEM returning could also allow the other heavy weight/mid card wrestlers to get in their own story lines, rather than it being all faces vs Immortal.

It's TNA, so Crimson fits into the "They" storyline in the most illogical way possible. They needed someone to play the part that the audience wouldn't know and the storyline wouldn't be obvious from the very get go, and that's probably the only reason they chose Crimson. That's how Russo writes. If the second version of the already tired They angle is in fact the Main Event Mafia then Crimson makes no sense being involved.

The Main Event Mafia was suppose to consist of proven main eventers, legends in fact, who waged a war with young talent over "respect". Well, no one knows who the hell Crimson is, he hasn't main evented or won any major championship, and he certaiinly isn't a legend. He'll stick out like a sore thumb in a group of old, past their prime veterans, if the Main Event Mafia comes back.

If it is MEM I think TNA is doing a great job of it. Even though some say they hate it they are still talking about it and they will be tuning in to watch it to see what goes down on Feb 3rd. So for once TNA is doing a great job of leading up to the 3rd no matter who it will be.

I really hope it's the arrival of some fresh, younger faces. I think the MEM would be kind of a bad idea because they really don't need all those extra guys that aren't young anymore or wrestling on a regular basis (save for Angle) taking more television time.

That being said, I'm not sure what's going on here, whether they're thinking of another show or not, but they already have guys on the roster they don't even use or use on a very limited basis. Why in the world are they going to keep hiring people if they're just going to put them on tv once every couple of months or not even at all?

By the way, it doesn't matter if Crimson said "they" or "they're". They're is a contraction which means they are, so it still denotes a "they". Can't believe I saw that brought up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back