Do the Main Event Mafia Owe TNA Anything?

The Man They Call WMD

Check Out My Spoiler Page
They in this case is Sting,NASH, BOOKER T, Sharmell and Scott Steiner. These guys formally were known as the Main Event Mafia. My question is with the rumors circulating on if they will be brought back to help Kurt Angle; is if the WWE is offering these guys contracts (I've read on this site and others that the E would like to bring back booker T and possibly Sting in for the HOF and wrestlemania) should they return to TNA for their storyline or go to the WWE if they want to. So if TNA was to do this storyline, do they owe it to TNA to return?

** MODERATORS NOTE **

I'm more than aware that TNA spoilers are made available generally a week or more ahead of each airing of iMPACT!, however this site maintains a ZERO TOLERANCE rule on posting them in No-SPAM sections — like this one.

Just so we are clear here: DO NOT POST SPOILERS HERE.

If you wish to discuss spoilers, especially the ones that pertain to this story line, see the Cage, otherwise enjoy your week-ban if and when you're caught posting them.

— IDR

What kind of crazy question is this?

We're about two centuries past the idea of indentured servitude. In America, you work for a company in exchange for financial compensation. I strongly doubt that in any of these wrestlers' contracts with TNA, there was the provision "for 2 years, unless we choose to use you in a storyline afterwards."

On that note; how the hell would they owe TNA? Because TNA used them in a storyline capitalizing on the fame they had built prior to coming into TNA? If anyone owes anything here- and they don't- wouldn't TNA owe these wrestlers for bringing their skillset to TNA?

This question is just bizarre.

WTF?

Of course they don't owe TNA anything, they are wrestlers who finished their contracts and are now able to work for whoever they choose. It isnt like they dedicated their careers to TNA is it? And they are veterans so will likely go wherever is offering the most money to ensure financial security in later life.

Where are the stupid thread police?

The ''stupid thread police'' are no where to been seen just yet. LOL
But no they don't own TNA anything, they've finished their contracts and did all that they could do. Weather or not they want to go back to the WWE or even go to the WWE for the first time (Sting) it is their option.

oh god steiner returned at the impact tapings didnt he..
i really hope you heard those rumors from the same voice in your head that told you this was a good question..
cause MEM2 would be TERRIBLE.

every one above says they dont, but if AJ styles was to leave TNA for WWE, you would all feel betrayed and you know it. So don't write this off as stupid, some people would feel betrayed if these guys showed up in the E

Not that I have much of an idea what you are talking about.. but I'd actually be pretty happy that AJ finally got called up to the big leagues.
May just be me though..

What's the Main Event Mafia? Oh, that massive heel stable that pretty much dominated the entirety of TNA for long after most people cared about it, completely ignoring past storylines and feuds, and ultimately ended up being dropped incoherently, with the members going back to ignoring past storylines and feuds? Yeah, why would THAT happen again?

What's wrong with the front page for highlighting this thread?

No, none of them owe TNA anything. TNA paid them, and paid them a lot I assume. Their contracts are over, and TNA isn't paying them anymore.

Nash, Sting, Booker, Steiner, Angle--did any of them become a bigger star in TNA? Can any of them say, with a straight face, "I'd like to thank the TNA fans who supported me before I was a star?" I could see an argument that a wrestler "owes" something to the place they got their big break, their opportunity. If WWE was in big trouble, and called Dwayne Johnson, maybe The Rock feels obligated to do something to help the place that made him a star. If Paul Heyman calls RVD for a favor, maybe there's something there. But no one in the Main Event Mafia (except MAtt Morgan--was he ever a full MEM member? I don't think so) would feel that obligation to TNA.

TNA was a nice paycheck for them, a semi-retirement gig with minimal travel (compared to WWF/E or WCW), but the arrangement was clear--they bring their star power to TNA, TNA gives them money. They fulfilled their end of the bargain--if TNA overrated their star power, or just could capitalize on it, or whatever, that's not the wrestler's fault.

If WWE calls any of these guys (I don't see them looking at anyone but Angle as an active or semi-active wrestler), then they should take the money, or not, without giving TNA a second thought. Maybe call TNA and ask them to match the deal. But nothing is "owed." TNA didn't give any of these guys anything but money. They are not obligated to do anything but cash those checks.

While I do not think any of the guys "owe" TNA anything I do feel that TNA enabled them to earn decent enough money once WWE decided that they were not relevant anymore (apart from Sting).

Steiner, Nash and Sting were never likely to be signed or resigned with WWE (until this WCW HOF idea came about) so TNA gave them a place to earn a living.

Booker T has been gone from TNA for how long and WWE has not signed him yet so they are not interested either.

I personally would not like to see any of these guys return at all to wrestle (but they will), so at least in TNA they will get a longer run. WWE will sign them for HOF then drop them.

I believe these guys will stay in TNA not due to "owing" but because they do not like Vince.

Sting has not place in the WWE hall of fame. That would make him a major sellout.

every one above says they dont, but if AJ styles was to leave TNA for WWE, you would all feel betrayed and you know it. So don't write this off as stupid, some people would feel betrayed if these guys showed up in the E
And those people are stupid. It's like getting pissed at your favorite band because people discovered them. Just because stupid people would feel 'betrayed' because their favorite wrestler left their favorite company is no reason for someone to choose a crappier financial deal for themselves.

We aren't even talking about AJ Styles here, who is a special case as he made his fame in TNA; we're talking about a group of guys who ALL made their fame working for other companies. So, yes, we write your thread idea off as stupid.

If Sting would go to WWE they would ask him to cut his hair and he would said no before going back to TNA... just kidding.

But I don't feel they owe anything to TNA but I see Sting as being loyal. What I find strange is that Sting didn't want to go to the WWE because of their edgier style. Now they are PG and TNA are the edgy company but he still stay there so it's strange. But one could argue that he didn't went there because of how they threated Booker T.

I would love Sting to go to the WWE and I hope "They" 2.0 would be something other than MEM.

If Sting would go to WWE they would ask him to cut his hair and he would said no before going back to TNA... just kidding.

But I don't feel they owe anything to TNA but I see Sting as being loyal. What I find strange is that Sting didn't want to go to the WWE because of their edgier style. Now they are PG and TNA are the edgy company but he still stay there so it's strange. But one could argue that he didn't went there because of how they threated Booker T.

I would love Sting to go to the WWE and I hope "They" 2.0 would be something other than MEM.

Wrong. Sting didn't want to go to WWE because they buried WCW's stars. He saw what they did to DDP, Booker T, etc. and didn't want any part of it because he knew VKM would bury him, too. You can bet your ass Sting/Taker would have happened, and guess who'd be coming out on top there?

[YOUTUBE]gjctPQQWDVE[/YOUTUBE]

Watch the interview.

In his words: "I didn't trust how I was going to be used."

Yeah, I honestly don't see how anyone even remotely reasonable could think that the members of the MEM owe anything to TNA. Professional wrestling isn't some fantasy setting in which people come out and do what they do inside the ring and all that as a matter of honor or some crap like that.

It's a business, plain and simple. The members of the MEM were paid certain amounts of money for certain amounts of time for services rendered. They fulfilled and met all the terms of said agreement with TNA and, for whatever reason, they parted ways with the company afterward. Maybe TNA was no longer interested in their services, maybe they were no longer interested in working for TNA, maybe both wanted to do other things, etc. So no, they owe TNA nothing whatsoever nor does TNA owe them anything.

As far as the WWE goes, the latest things I've read is that the WWE isn't currently interested in hiring wrestlers that are over the age of 30. This was earlier this week I believe or late last week and I read it over on wrestlinginc.com. If Booker T, Steiner, Sting and others were brought into the company, I can see it as being something along the lines of a "Legends" contract similar to what the WWE has with Stone Cold Steve Austin and some others. They'd probably be inducted into the HOF if it happened and IF they were used in an on air capacity, Vince would probably use them to build up younger talent.

Wrong. Sting didn't want to go to WWE because they buried WCW's stars. He saw what they did to DDP, Booker T, etc. and didn't want any part of it because he knew VKM would bury him, too. You can bet your ass Sting/Taker would have happened, and guess who'd be coming out on top there?

[YOUTUBE]gjctPQQWDVE[/YOUTUBE]

Watch the interview.

In his words: "I didn't trust how I was going to be used."

Thanks for the video, that's why I said one could argue that he didn't want to go there because of how they threated Booker T but I wasn't 100% sure. But it's true that at Mania Taker would have gone over, well probably any month of the year for that matter. But to "defend" VKM it's kinda hard to put someone over that you don't get.

Thanks for the video, that's why I said one could argue that he didn't want to go there because of how they threated Booker T but I wasn't 100% sure. But it's true that at Mania Taker would have gone over, well probably any month of the year for that matter. But to "defend" VKM it's kinda hard to put someone over that you don't get.

No it isn't. Vince has blind loyalty at times, and that hurt his product tremendously.

Guys like DDP, Goldberg, Booker T, etc. were world-wide superstars. What reason did he have to job them to everyone in his company if not as a means to denote them all as less than his "Superstars"?

A guy like Booker T was coming into the company as probably the hottest star in the industry at the time, yet the Rock had no idea who he was (kayfabe)? Please...

Disrespect was his intention from the start, and he succeeded. This reason and this reason alone is why I never want to see guys like Steiner, Sting, Nash, etc. back in WWE. It's also why I welcomed them all to TNA (as a fan).

I was a WCW fan. What Vince did to WCW was disgraceful, disrespectful and incredibly petty.

erm... LOL.

TNA owe the MEM something, the MEM was one of my favourite ever TNA angles and got TNA support up and made them even seem comparable to WWE.

No they don't owe Tna anything. They did their time with business and they are done with the company. That's like Shawn Michaels owing something to WWE.

And why would Sting be in the HOF. Was he even technically in WWE??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back