If the Main Event Mafia Returns, How Do They Match Up?

wrestlemaniac

Getting Noticed By Management
I would've posted this yesterday whenthe idea hit me but my internet has been cut off. Anyways....I was watching bound for glory 2007, you know.....the one with steiners vs dudleys in atlanta. The one where angle attempted a 450 splash on sting. yea...that one. For some reason this whole main event mafia thing came to mind. Do they all really match up against each other? I mean yea I know I've heard those rumblings about wwe wanting sting. There's also been rumblings of booker t being in talks with them. And yea, I've also heard of whatever nash has tweeted. Let's say tna dis manage to get the whole crew back together to take down immortal...who exactly would face who? I mean I guess as far as tag teams...it'd be steiner and booker vs beer money....I think I recall them being in a 3way tag at one point. x-division would have to be joe vs kaz I think. If nash were to come back then I guess he'd take on abyss...unless morgan was a part of the mafia though I don't think he officially was. Obviously kurt would take on jarrett Then that'd leave the hardy's and AJ styles. How do we do this I mean let's remember pope was forming an alliance with sting and nash before they left. Pope was also an x-division wrestler at one point I mean he debuted in the in that x-division cage match, so he could easily be a part of this mafia reformation and switch places with joe so it can be pope vs kaz and joe vs aj. That leaves us with hardys but also leaves us with sting. I mean okay this just feel like too much. This is coming from someone who is actually ok with a huge number of people involved in one angle. Right now you basically have anderson vs matt hardy and rvd vs jeff hardy? Those two don't fit in the mafia, hell I mean the only reason joe barely fit was because had taz as a moth piece. Assuming everybody does return...where does that leave sting? Sting vs flair? I don't really have too much of a problem with that but tna gets alot of shit dumped on them. Some deserved, some not. Can you imagine how much shit they'd get with this if it were to happen? If this big cluster fuck is what they have planned can you imagine all the shit that will be said lmao. All this said....what do you see happening or not? How long do you see this whole immortal thing lasting?

** MODERATORS NOTE **

I'm more than aware that TNA spoilers are made available generally a week or more ahead of each airing of iMPACT!, however this site maintains a ZERO TOLERANCE rule on posting them in No-SPAM sections — like this one.

Just so we are clear here: DO NOT POST SPOILERS HERE.

If you wish to discuss spoilers, especially the ones that pertain to this story line, see the Cage, otherwise enjoy your week-ban if and when you're caught posting them.

— IDR

I see what your saying but some people would return but other would be added it has to be that way to work. But here is a question how does Crimson and Amazing Red fit in.

totally forgot about crimson and red oh wtf, how the hell is tna going to do this. this is too big of a cluster fuck! I guess that'd mean a possibility of gunner and murphy being involved I would think but then that means it'd possibly be like...20 people in one angle... God this just sounds like a total train wreck waiting to happen

Main Event Mafia was always about former world champions yeah??

So IMO, what about Kurt Angle and Scott Steiner bring in Shelton and Charlie (Former World Tag Champs/Shelton former IC champion) and maybe Amazing Red (an X-Division legend) ?? and i guess Crimson would just be his Muscle ???

then you could have... Angle v Jarrett, Steiner v Abyss, Red v Kaz, Shelton/Charlie v Beer Money? could be alright.

Lol, could ROH really afford lawyers to stop them breaking it hahaha.. kidding i love ROH... but i really think they are coming, Team Angle-Main Event Mafia type...

Who else could it be???????

Ha, yea dude you have a point there. These are all what if scenarios but someone frome the original mafia would have to be lefy out...from the sound of it it'd be booker. sounds like tna is about too get too confusing for me and I usually don't have a problem with most of their overbooked shit. Tis is too much for one person to follow to say the least. No doubt mark madden or whatever his name is is going to enjoy ripping tna ti shreds for this one

Ha, yea dude you have a point there. These are all what if scenarios but someone frome the original mafia would have to be lefy out...from the sound of it it'd be booker. sounds like tna is about too get too confusing for me and I usually don't have a problem with most of their overbooked shit. Tis is too much for one person to follow to say the least. No doubt mark madden or whatever his name is is going to enjoy ripping tna ti shreds for this one

Well may not just be Booker bro, Sting and Nash still haven't guarenteed signing back on to TNA... so really its just Angle, Steiner and Joe and Tara from original MEM officially employed by TNA

Look, i think TNA is great... potentially, and yes Hulk & Eric & Ric & JJ are going to be behind the scenes until its the next big thing or gone bust, but i think if they get one or two things going, it can get somewhere.... If that makes sense, they just gotta get through the first couple of years and then they will have something... Remember when the E was going through its stable phase (they look like getting back into it as well)... it will help build a few younger guys, and maybe give guys like Kurt one more run!

IMO, i like Fourtune, those 4 together are perfect... Immortal however is a mess....

Well may not just be Booker bro, Sting and Nash still haven't guarenteed signing back on to TNA... so really its just Angle, Steiner and Joe and Tara from original MEM officially employed by TNA

Look, i think TNA is great... potentially, and yes Hulk & Eric & Ric & JJ are going to be behind the scenes until its the next big thing or gone bust, but i think if they get one or two things going, it can get somewhere.... If that makes sense, they just gotta get through the first couple of years and then they will have something... Remember when the E was going through its stable phase (they look like getting back into it as well)... it will help build a few younger guys, and maybe give guys like Kurt one more run!

IMO, i like Fourtune, those 4 together are perfect... Immortal however is a mess....

yea I was fine with fortune and immortal seemed like a good idea at first to me but yea it turned into a mess and fast. Oh and btw I think you meant traci brookes and not tara. I don't think the woman has been on the company's payroll for a while now.

yea I was fine with fortune and immortal seemed like a good idea at first to me but yea it turned into a mess and fast. Oh and btw I think you meant traci brookes and not tara. I don't think the woman has been on the company's payroll for a while now.

Yeah sorry about the Tara/Traci mix up... But yeah i think they need to work with Fortune not Immortal more... Beer Money, AJ and Kaz are 4 of the best in ring performers...

But back onto topic, who else do you think MEM could have that could match up with the Immortal/Fortune groups?

maybe...just maybe...they'll do a revenge thing with williams and styles in a few weeks. Also talking about main event mafia got me thinking about petey william since he had that steiner look alike thing going on. I have noidea what to think now....this seems ridiculous

i hope to god they dont bring back the MEM. atleast not in the form it was in. angle. sting. steiner, booker, and nash? really?! these guys are all old and the only one who can really still go week in and week out is angle. i don not want to see these old guys fighting immortal/ fourtune. and like it was stated by an earlyer poster it would turn into a cluster fuck. the roster is fine with out bringing in more ppl. like matt hardy. there was not need for them to bring him in. do they really think he has star power to boot ratings? haha.

Let’s do this the easy way. Let’s say the Main Event Mafia comes back full strength plus extra help, the initial matchups, in my opinion, should be:

Steiner Heat vs. Beer Money for the TNA Tag Team Titles

Crimson vs. Rob Terry

Amazing Red vs. Kaz for the TNA X-Division Title

Samoa Joe vs. A. J. Styles

Bobby Lashley vs. Abyss for the TNA LegGloVision Title

Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett

Kevin Nash and Sting (with Dixie) vs. Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan (with Eric) for “Control of TNA”

Mr. Anderson (with Matt Morgan) vs. Jeff Hardy (with Matt Hardy) for the TNA World Title

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back