The Main Event Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
After they add 3-D if they do should Beer-Money turn face & join the Originals, they make a really good heel team but are Originals & already fueding with 3-D but not sure they would make a good face tag team unless they try to take over as the leaders of the Originals. they already have the fued fit for MEM with Beer-Money being young & showing no respect to 3-D.

MEM is the biggest, jam packed group of names to EVER assemble together as a group in wrestling. I dont think it gets bigger than this. Evolution was crap. Original nWo was really cool .. DX didn't have star power with Chyna/HHH at the time.. but MEM is established superstars.. Them in suits is good.

I think Sting needs to have a show - leading the MEM.. ordering Angle.. kinda "leading" the Main Event Mafia. He kinda has to explain his associatoin with MEM. Why isn't he beating down people. What does he htink of MEM's antics.. of Angle's leadership. Does he agree with what is going on? I mean, TNA pays Sting so much money - he's champion. He was a mute thorughout this show? doesn't make too much sense in my eyes.

That is my rant on the Main Event Mafia. I like how they are used.. they are a kickass faction. I like the Mafia theme of the group and last week's beatdown of Christian was talking about family, sleeping with the fishes.. them in suits are cool

Sting: he needs to "co-run" the mafia with Kurt Angle. Maybe some dissension with MEM? I dont want them broke up. They just formed and they need to stay alligned in my opinion. Knowing Russo, he may make Sting turn face soon.

Sting needs to "run" the show.. he's the world champion. I hate the stipulation that AJ might win at Final Resolution. MAKES NO SENSE. Sting needs to talk about whether he agrees with Angle or not.. what his opinion on this situation is, what his role is in MEM.. i didn't hear from him on this Impact

Kurt Angle: I like his role on the show. He is a great leader of this faction. Super star..

Scott Steiner: his return promo bashing the young guys - playign video games, going on websites caring what the geeks think - wanting four star matches. that was classic and true. He needs to get on the mic every week as does everyone else on MEM

Kevin Nash: Nash rules. he needs to cut classic promos. beat people up and just be who he is. I'm happy he chose TNA.. and like his role in MEM as well. Maybe talk about his allignment with Sting and Angle, and history with Steiner and Booker??

Booker T: has a history with 3 of the other MEM guys - WCW.. great star.. like his role. Legends Champ. These guys are cool and tehre are so many things to take all characters. they all need decent pushes and development every week...

difficult to do with such a jam packed roster. hopefully, russo can continue to write great compelling TV every week.

So Marty, do you like or dislike the current writing.

A few weeks ago I heard you mention that you weren't that into the product but now you are. So which is it.

I completely agree about the MEM. However I think Sting should drop the facepaint while keeping his current role. Eventually people will catch onto what he is doing and will wait eagerly for his explanation. Spread things out though and it gets better

I personally really like the main event mafia. I mean im a die hard WWE fan but the main event mafia is making me tune in to TNA. I think if the main event mafia wasn't around I probably wouldn't watch TNA. This stable has the potential to give WWE a run for their money.

Talon.. great question..

I remember saying i wasn't into it.. But I am a huge fan of Main Event Mafia. I do think there was lack of comedy. I'm kinda glad they did "ODB's Angle" - hilarious.. and let her interact with Sharmell.. they both are great.. and TNA seems to have spent a lot of money on sets now.. like the set where Beautiful People were in, MEM's lockerroom, Booker's lockerroom.. and one of my fav episodes last year - thanksgiving

I also like that Feast or Fired is being brought back.. because I loved the Deal or No Deal episode last year and Daniels getting fired.. that was full of twists and great drama.. and just excitement and parody of mainstream reality shows..

I like the shows right now.. I do think some of the dialogue with Originals are cheesy. but i like that the dialogue has really gotten more "adult" with some swearing. I hate it when grown men talk like little children with childish namecalling. Using bullshit and pussy on the show is better

I like that the show opened with a hot segment with MEM..

I emailed TNA/Vince/Dixie.. about Sting's role in MEM. He iS FREAKIN STING.. and Kurt are huge names.. I'd like to see "both" lead MEM.. all MEM have to get on the mic.. because all of them and cut the mic...

Sting in a suit without his facepaint is pretty cool.. but i'd like to hear from him on his role in MEM.. what he thinks of Kurt.. him interacting with the other members..

I really like a lot of the current stuff.. with MEM.. and I enjoy some portions of the rest of the show. The first segment with Rhino was pretty intense too.. I said i wanted th eintensity that New BLood/Millionaires had.. because it really divided the fans and made the show exciting..

I also like Christy Hemme's role and would liek to see her win more and have a prominent role. She's sexy too... You dont need to be a "great" wrestler IMO.. as long as you have great writing and great booking you'll get over.. she's a big name..

I would say "I like the current writing", but would prefer to have some more entertainment

STuff like Sarah Palin is fine and dandy but lets say she shows up and you do a wrestling filled lame show.. how do you expect the people that sample your show to stick around if it's boring? You need to give the mainstream casual fans that "Something else" that stands out to leave them around.

The show is capable of airing on 50 million homes that probably do not surf the online newz sites (filled with nerdy critics that dont understand anything out of the wrestling ubbble). Attracting them is the key

Raw: 3.0 rating. Smackdown: 2.1-2.2. TNA: 1.1

The gap is closing in. TNA is maintaining and WWE's are going down. nOt really a great sign for the business. but i hope MEM and the Russo-esque writing can really bring back the fans

I really love how far TNA has grown and hope MEM sticks around for a long time and hope TNA can relaly come up w/. something great for them all the time

--

edit: as for JED's coments:

"I personally really like the main event mafia. I mean im a die hard WWE fan but the main event mafia is making me tune in to TNA. I think if the main event mafia wasn't around I probably wouldn't watch TNA. This stable has the potential to give WWE a run for their money."

Damn.. that is great to hear.. i like that MEM is getting WWE diehards to tune in. I really like the MEM stuff and think MEM is the like TNA said - the greatest faction to ever come together

I made an email and post months and months ago saying wouldn't it be insane to see all the stars of TNA in the ring at the same time: Sting, Nash, Kurt, Booker, Christian, Steiner.. Seeing MEM come out TOGETHER just makes any wrestling viewer go "Damn.. look at that group - STACKEDD"

Realistically though - this match that they've got going between Rhino and Angle - seriously - they will NOT fire Angle, and so it's obvious they're going to continue this feud with Jarrett. I like the way they are keeping the fire burning, and we all want to see Jarrett back in the ring whipping Kurt's ass, it also makes sense for Kurt to be feuding with the owner of TNA if Kurt doesn't have a belt, and also if Jarrett officially aligns himself with TNA Originals - but seriously, couldn't they have come up with a better name for the young guys?

Main Event Mafia are the only reason I watch TNA anymore (well, that and a couple of the knockouts are HOT!).... I hope that they keep this angle around for a long time so that the "tna originals" can come out on top and look a lot better in doing so. They have a long climb ahead of them though because outside of Joe and Styles, the "tna originals" still seem very outmatched against the main event mafia, let's see how it goes.

All things aside, Main Event Mafia is an awesome group! I find myself rooting for them rather than the "tna originals".

I am going to try and be as non-biased as possible when it comes to this post. But the MEM is probably the dumbest thing ever. For multiple reasons, I am going to go over each member, their role on why they are there and lastly, if I remember, continuity issues with the Stable it's self.

First, Lets take a look at each Member:

Sting - They have tried to make Sting heel before (WCW) and it didn't work. So they tried to make him the head of a heel stable and hope it'd pay off. So he'd cut promo's and name drop in order to say "I'm here because of these people" but instead he gets face pops.

So now they are making Kurt Angle and to a lesser extent Booker T draw the heat to the stable. Which is fine, but out of all the people in the group, Sting sticks out the most when it comes to the stable. He just doesn't fit.

They are having him not jump in on the beat downs for one of 2 reasons that I agree with a lot which was posted on this site earlier:
They are trying to make him look like a "god father" type figure and does all this so "blood isn't on his hands" and all that bs or. They are going to turn him baby face and have him join the TNA Originals/whatever they are going to be called with in the next two tapings.

How the second option would happen is pretty much classic cut, it happens with every stable that has too many top or would be top people (Evolution, nWo, whoever else) one person (Angle) will try to flex his leadership muscles, do stuff the leader of the stable (Sting) didn't condone they will have their tuft and the stable will be divided and ended up splitting or feuding with in each other (Think Wolf Pac vs nWo Hollywood but not such a cluster
fuck of fail)

Now onto why Sting shouldn’t actually be in the Stable is this:
He has no reason to be there. He won’t do house shows, he isn’t going on the UK tour. He appears maybe 2-3 times a year, wins the titles then drops it to someone (usually the exact person he won it against) then goes back home to leech off the company. I honestly think Sting is ruining TNA. I use to be a huge sting mark. But all the shit you hear and read about sting since he’s been signed to TNA just pisses me off and made me lose all respect I had for him as a performer. He is lazy, self centered and is just leeching money off of Spike TV and TNA. When his contract expires (iirc he wasn’t even a full contract) they shouldn’t re-hire him. He has no right being on TNA. He became everything he hated about WCW end days. People like Hogan and co. didn’t want to give their spots to the younger guys and neither does Sting.

Not to mention every match I have seen sting in since last year he has shown massive ring rust and the other people would have to carry him the entire match. Also the SDD is a shitty finisher. Use the scorpion deathlock more.

All in all, Sting just doesn't belong. In the Stable, or in the wrestling business in general. Fuck Sting.

Booker T: The only reason I really feel he is in this stable is because they had nothing for him creativity wise, so they just stuck him in there and created the legends belt so he could draw heat. The African king gimmick/royal T, whatever they are trying to do is fucking stupid. All they did is re-hash and ruin a GREAT gimmick he had in WWE. But it doesn't work in TNA because there was an actual story behind why he was acting like that. In TNA he was normal, talked normal, then all the sudden ***** comes out in a cape and starts calling himself Royal T and speaking with a really bad accent.

Yes, I understand he is a 5-time (5-time, 5-time, 5-time, 5-time) champion. But he wasn't feuding with any of the Youngin's/Originals. So to throw him in there didn't make sense to me. So, to re-iterate, he is there due to lack of creative idea's backstage with him, but since he is getting a rather fatty check. they wanted him in the spot light (just like every other ex wcw/wwe guy there)

Nash:
Nash is the only character I can really understand on why he would be in the Stable. He had all the vignettes with Shelly and the X-Division guys, had the Stable with Shelly, and the legit heat with Samoa Joe due to the Hall incident and Hall no showing. And them playing that off in their feud/reason the stable exists was VERY smart from a creative writing aspect. I really have no gripes with Nash being in the group. Except he shouldn't be wrestling anymore his knee's are going to explode any second and he will be confined to a wheel chair.

I appreciate how Nash looks in the group though. he stands above everyone and gives off a very bold and convincing "Strong but silent” type and legitimately looks like he is going to punch your teeth in. He needs to stay that way. Like how Steiner is the main muscle for the stable (though I don't agree with this and I'll explain why in a moment) that's all Nash should be. The strong and silent type Muscle character of the stable that gets to put the "nail in the coffin" (I.E. Jack knife power bomb) and call in the hits for the group.

Scott Steiner:
When the fuck has Steiner ever been a top carder? Ever? Aside from when he was with his brother and the tag team division was actually a respectful branch of the wrestling industry? He sucks on the mic, has never been a top carder, he botches constantly, he doesn't protect people when doing high impact moves (His match vs. Rhyno last week proves this. After his second belly to back suplex he gave rhyno, he [rhyno] landed really badly on his head and neck and was holding it the rest of the match outside of the gore). Although Steiner is a huge body. That's all he is. He doesn't belong in the group. At all. The only other person I could see taking his place would be Tomko due to him and AJ's rivalry. But along with no longer being with the company, Tomko was never a World Champion and he'd stick out pretty bad. Just like Steiner.

And lastly, we get to Kurt “with a broken friggin neck! MILK!” Angle:
This guy is easily one of the most talented wrestlers in the business. Pre and Post-Crisis versions of Angle. This man is pure, raw, talent. I can see why they wanted him TNA. They got a lot of exposure when they signed Angle and I respect TNA for that. Sting and Angle are 2 of the main reasons Spike picked up Impact!. And like Nash, Angle actually belongs in this group.

Here is why. He has had rivalries with BOTH AJ and Joe who are heading the TNA Originals/Frontliners (fuck Rhyno). He has a reason to be in the Stable and I honestly think he should be the leader/god father type figure and not Sting. Angle is far more aggressive, far more tactical (staring down from the rafters or a bird isn’t omg mindfuck tactics. Sorry) and he knows how to tell a story via promo’s and in-ring performance. He has the ability to carry a feud with anybody. Not many people can do that. So putting him in a stable like this was a great idea. Team Angle IMO was a stupid idea cause it was like Cena in the WWE but a heel burying everyone instead of face.

Although, I disagree with the fact he is feuding with Jarrett while in the stable. That shit should have been separate and could have been built by it’s self, even though I think it’s just for ratings/Jarrett is bored/wants to bury angle for shit he said in the UK Sun a few months back.

Now, here are the inconsistencies/continuity problems with the stable:
This is my main one, and kinda only one. The whole Kurt Angle and Sting alliance thing. Does no one remember their feud they had where Krazy Kurt was all like yes pedo and stalked Stings kid and all that stupid shit? Now all the sudden they are buddy buddy? GTFO with that stupid shit. Yes, I understand they can retcon shit if they want (how many times have HHH/HBK feuded?) but that feud is still fresh in every ones mind and It just doesn’t make sense.

I would say a continuity problem would be Angle/Nash siding with each other too, but since they both have beef with Joe. It make sense.

Now the random gripes:
The name of the stable sucks. The music sucks, the only thing that is gratifying out of this is that Sting does look like a fucking pimp in a suit. He looks like a glorified bad ass. I wouldn’t fuck with him.

I will probably add more/edit this when I can. But this is all mostly from off the top of my head. So you can bitch at me, call me a dumb ass, a WWE mark (they aren‘t perfect either but that‘s for another time and place), whatever you want. But that’s not the case, it’s just an unbiased (as possible) reflection of the stable.

Also, this is my first post on this forum so I hope this post leaves albeit a mixed impression, a good/positive one.

Thanks for reading.

I see a few problems with your post...

Sting - They have tried to make Sting heel before (WCW) and it didn't work. So they tried to make him the head of a heel stable and hope it'd pay off. So he'd cut promo's and name drop in order to say "I'm here because of these people" but instead he gets face pops.

So because something never worked in the past, they shouldn't try it. By that logic... about 90% of the roster shouldn't be there. AJ Styles, Team 3D, Rhino, all the WCW guys etc...

And why should Sting bullshit just go get over as a heel. It's called realism. Not everything is black and white and there are definitely some grey areas to this storyline, especially with its beginnings.

So now they are making Kurt Angle and to a lesser extent Booker T draw the heat to the stable. Which is fine, but out of all the people in the group, Sting sticks out the most when it comes to the stable. He just doesn't fit.

Well that doesn't make much sense. Angle and Booker were the top heels of the company before the angle started...theyre supposed to draw heat. Sting sticks out because he's been face the majority of his career. This draws parrallel with the beginnings of the nWo and Hogan, which was sucessful.

They are trying to make him look like a "god father" type figure and does all this so "blood isn't on his hands" and all that bs or. They are going to turn him baby face and have him join the TNA Originals/whatever they are going to be called with in the next two tapings.

exactly. We don't know which way this is going to go, which makes us tune in each week to find out.

How the second option would happen is pretty much classic cut, it happens with every stable that has too many top or would be top people (Evolution, nWo, whoever else) one person (Angle) will try to flex his leadership muscles, do stuff the leader of the stable (Sting) didn't condone they will have their tuft and the stable will be divided and ended up splitting or feuding with in each other

stables usually end with a split...

Now onto why Sting shouldn’t actually be in the Stable is this:
He is lazy, self centered and is just leeching money off of Spike TV and TNA. He has no right being on TNA. People like Hogan and co. didn’t want to give their spots to the younger guys and neither does Sting.

All in all, Sting just doesn't belong. In the Stable, or in the wrestling business in general. Fuck Sting.

which is another genius thing about this storyline, it plays off the thoughts and views of the fans. Pretty much bang on the point AJ & Joe were alluding to at the beginning of the angle

Booker T: The only reason I really feel he is in this stable is because they had nothing for him creativity wise, so they just stuck him in there and created the legends belt so he could draw heat.

Exactly. When someone doesn't have a storyline, you give him one. AQnd he fits the bill for a Main Event legends stable

In TNA he was normal, talked normal, then all the sudden ***** comes out in a cape and starts calling himself Royal T and speaking with a really bad accent.

Tsk tsk...

Yes, I understand he is a 5-time (5-time, 5-time, 5-time, 5-time) champion. But he wasn't feuding with any of the Youngin's/Originals. So to throw him in there didn't make sense to me.

Yes because his feud with Joe (which brought back the heel sting), had nothing to do with this storyline...
When the fuck has Steiner ever been a top carder? Ever?

When he held the WCW title?

The only other person I could see taking his place would be Tomko due to him and AJ's rivalry. But along with no longer being with the company, Tomko was never a World Champion and he'd stick out pretty bad.

Tomko's never been in the main event, never won any world titles and would have zero credibility and no point in this angle.

Although, I disagree with the fact he is feuding with Jarrett while in the stable. That shit should have been separate and could have been built by it’s self, even though I think it’s just for ratings/Jarrett is bored/wants to bury angle for shit he said in the UK Sun a few months back.

But Jarrett IS TNA. It makes sense for him to be involved with this storyline, especially if the MEM grow to be a threat to the company (a la nWo).

The name of the stable sucks.

What would you call it?

Now, this is from someone who really rates this angle. It's the best thing in wrestling today and long may it continue to entertain me.

I have a feeling that mick foley will join MEM. He is the special enforcer in Rhino vs kurt angle and as an equal shareholder what a perfect way for kurt to get what he wants. Mick can make matches and that would bite Jarrett in the ass

From what I've gathered of this angle, which is minimal since I pay no real attention to TNA, it seems like Sting/Angle/Nash/Steiner/Booker versus Styles/Joe/Rhino, with the possibility of Foley and Jarrett getting involved...and then Devon/Ray decided to join the "Frontline", which seems out of place.

Logically, they'd want to balance the teams out, so since I'm bored out of my mind, I'll spend a minute or so elaborating the situation.

Sting = Styles
Angle = Joe
Booker = Rhino
Nash =
Steiner =

Personally, I see 3-D turning on the Frontline and costing them the match, siding up with MEM and their absolutely atrocious entrance music that sounds like it comes from an 8-bit NES game.

Who is there to balance them out? Abyss and Morgan.

This leaves us with Nash and Steiner on the one side and two empty spots on the other side. With the Feast or Fired match, it seems like Curry Man would make sense to get fired, so Christopher Daniels could take one of those spots. The other spot could go to Jarrett...it could go to Foley...hell, Daniels might not even be involved and it could go to both Foley & Jarrett. But it would sort of make sense to add one of Foley/Jarrett to the MEM side and have them feud a little instead, so that's a possibility, and if that's the case, the one extra guy would either be Young or Lethal. I can't see it being Creed and nobody else fits.

Just some food for thought by someone who isn't directly studying the situation.

From what I've gathered of this angle, which is minimal since I pay no real attention to TNA, it seems like Sting/Angle/Nash/Steiner/Booker versus Styles/Joe/Rhino, with the possibility of Foley and Jarrett getting involved...and then Devon/Ray decided to join the "Frontline", which seems out of place.

Logically, they'd want to balance the teams out, so since I'm bored out of my mind, I'll spend a minute or so elaborating the situation.

Sting = Styles
Angle = Joe
Booker = Rhino
Nash =
Steiner =

Personally, I see 3-D turning on the Frontline and costing them the match, siding up with MEM and their absolutely atrocious entrance music that sounds like it comes from an 8-bit NES game.

Who is there to balance them out? Abyss and Morgan.

This leaves us with Nash and Steiner on the one side and two empty spots on the other side. With the Feast or Fired match, it seems like Curry Man would make sense to get fired, so Christopher Daniels could take one of those spots. The other spot could go to Jarrett...it could go to Foley...hell, Daniels might not even be involved and it could go to both Foley & Jarrett. But it would sort of make sense to add one of Foley/Jarrett to the MEM side and have them feud a little instead, so that's a possibility, and if that's the case, the one extra guy would either be Young or Lethal. I can't see it being Creed and nobody else fits.

Just some food for thought by someone who isn't directly studying the situation.

I think from what has been happening it would make the most sense to have Petey going against Steiner as this is not only where their original story was going before Steiner got injured but also because of the way Williams was beaten down by the MEM. This would make the most sense and be a really good thing as it could help give Petey the spotlight he deserves, and you never know he could now drop the whole Steiner gimmick and just be himself once again.

The thing about this story is we dont know where they are going with it as they ahve shown its not as clear cut as people were thinking, considering Rhino is leading the Frontline at the moment and 3D have also joined (but it is highly likely they will defect). Daniels would be a great addition to the Frontline which i could see happening after the next PPV where 3d possibly turn on Frontline and it seems impossible for them to take out the MEM due to the sheer amount of them so they have to recruit.

So far im really pleased with how TNA are handling this angle and seeing as Disco said it was planned tro last for at least 9 months we still have a lot of options left that they could do. Personaly i can see down the line Foley joining the MEM after being treated liek crap by the Frontlint for too long and in the end it boils down to Foley vs Jeff but seeing as Foley only signed a 6 month contract to test TNA out we dont know what could happen with him yet.

I have a feeling that mick foley will join MEM. He is the special enforcer in Rhino vs kurt angle and as an equal shareholder what a perfect way for kurt to get what he wants. Mick can make matches and that would bite Jarrett in the ass

I doubt that would happens since TNA has been wanting to build a Angle/Foley feud since Mick jumped ship.

If anything I think this would happen:
Although, this doesn't make sense(but hey, it's TNA.), MCMG's could join the MEM by taking out Foley during the Rhyno/Angle match which would distract Rhyno and let Angle get the pin.

Now I know you are asking "Why?" Well, mainly due to the fact MCMG's have been constantly up at arms with Joe/AJ/Foley. Not to mention they have been heeling it up for some time now.

What happened at the Turkey Bowl + The constant harassment from foley + always getting looked down upon and bitched at by the rest of frontline would be PLENTY of fuel for the fire.

If this happened MCMG would come out saying next Impact "The MEM can teach us more about wrestling *blah blah blah so on and so forth* then Frontline or Foley ever could, we decided to help out the winning team." So because of their "clear signs of respect for the MEM" they decide to "make them" and breed them into the "real future of TNA"

You could also throw is a f' jeff jarret from MCMG for the fact he never stepped in to stop the MCMG abuse from Foley.

This is all just a shot in the dark. But it's a very possible one.

Edit: I read some of the previous posts about the Dudleys going to MEM. As much as TNA's booking can be fucked at times. I doubt this'll happen.
They have been getting face pops for months now and TNA actually realized that so they made them faces with Originals/Frontline.

Not to mention the promo they cut on this weeks impact I doubt they'd be turning heel again anytime soon.

NoFate, The Main Event Mafia has an perfect entrance theme for a heel stable. Every time you hear it, it makes you cringe and it makes you boo the Mafia which is exactly what TNA want you to do whenever they walk down the ramp.

Anyway I don't think Team 3D will team with the Mafia as the Frontline needs some members with credibility. Petey Williams, Consequences Creed and a few others just aren't worthy or ready to be main eventing pay per views against guys like Kurt Angle and Sting. I just can't see the Mafia adding more members to their stable. Let's face it, Team 3D aren't former World Champions which would kind of 'ruin' the Mafia's reputation as they are the collective group of former World Champions and current main eventers. Ray and Dvon just aren't former World Champions and will be overshadowed if they were to join the Main Event Mafia.

I just wanted to point out that while I have been bashed in this thread for claiming the MEM is like the NWO, in a recent interview and posted here on WZ, HULK HOGAN agree's, But, he agree's that it was the later half of the NWO.

Recently, Hulk said that he watched TNA Impact, seeing the TNA World Heavyweight Champion, Sting, in his business suit and without his makeup, along with the other members of The Main Event Mafia. He has the feeling of this being like the NWO..."not when the NWO was hot, but when the NWO started losing steam, when these guys didn't wanna wrestle anymore, and all they wanted to do was talk."

Even Hogan knows the feeling you get when watching them. I do understand that some people say that the MEM would be comparable to The "Millionaires" Club, But since ALL the MEM members have ties to the NWO storyline Heavily (Except Angle), that to me SCREAMS nWo. ALSO, If you noticed signs in the crowd at the last iMPACT tapings, There were SEVERAL mEm signs and such out there. So, I can't be too far off in my thinking.

Having finally seen the Impact for this week, I'm likign them more and more. While it's painfully obvious that 3D screws Fronline (what kind of an excuse for a name is that) at Final Resloution, the MEM is well balanced right now. They're like the original NWO, where there was a small number of people but all of them were big enough stars taht you really felt they were invulnerable. 3D hurts them at this point. Unless Beer Money is turned face to join Frontline and 3D takes the titles away from them, I can't really see much coming from them joining, as they simply aren't main event caliber workers. They've been in what, 3 main events in their lives? Sure tehy're a decorated team, but they just don't fit in the MEM. They're going to be a detriment to the MEM, who is really following teh NWO formula to the letter.

Check out the nWo's first paid announcement and see how badass nash, hogan and hall were.. this oozed charimsa, looked different and was so cool for then.. and even cool fro today. there's nothing new and different in tna and in wrestling right now. everything is passe.. what's gonna get ppl interested again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eonl_rqRRoY

check that out.. why can't MEM do these types of promos.. wait,.. they did.. stiener did ag reat one.. nash did a great one.. angle can cut these. IMAGINE sting being the leader of the clan.. and really being the heel. and them doing these types of packages

The thing is this would be TNA doing what's holding itself back all over again. They don't need to redo things that worked before. They need to find their own identity. The biggest criticism you'll hear of them, at least on here, s that they use the same things that was done already. Now that's fine to get started, but they need to come up with something on their own. There is a way that I could see that working though, and that's if the Frontline says something about how the MEM is doing nothing but rehashing the NWO, talking about how they failed and so will the MEM. Redoing what the NWO did to an extent is one thing, but doing it all over again just won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back