What's the future for the main event mafia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psykohurricane

Championship Contender
I'm surprised that nobody started a thread on this already but with Kurt Angle being arrested and probably getting supended or release after tonight, what's going to happen to the Main Event Mafia? Who should replace Kurt Angle as the leader of the mafia?

Personally, I think they probably going to get going with the MEM as i was suppose to go and probably either have Joe take over or in a surprise twist have Jarrett join the MEM and become the new leader?

If they stay with the peoples that are already in the group then Joe make the most sense. Samoa Joe as been build to be a killing machine since he came back. He could win the X-division Championship then after Matt Morgan win the title he could beat up Kurt Angle until he's unable to move and then challenge Morgan to a title match. Morgan being accept and Joe beat him for the title and become the new World heavyweight champion then on IMPACT he goes to the ring and declares himself the new leader of the Mafia and if anybody got a problem with it he would do the same thing to them as he did to Angle.

Has for the Jarrett scenario, it's pretty easy you could have Jarrett come out at the end of the show after Angle lose the title and simply say that the MEM went behind Angle's back and recruit him to be the new leader. At first he didn't went to do it but after a couple of weeks of thinking about it, he realise that they were right after all and the only way to get rid of the cancer that was Kurt Angle was to take his place and here we are Kurt, i'm officially the new godfather of the MEM and my first act as the godfather is to fired you, So kurt Angle, You're Fired.

This would be the 2 plans i would have to fix the MEM from the Kurt Angle fiasco.

You are assuming that Angle will be terminated after tonight which I just don't see happening for the record. There have been several circumstances of wrestlers getting arrested for various offenses and still having a successful career with their company and Angle is too big of a star and has too many supporters to be let go. The only thing this does is give Jarrett and his crew a bit a little bit more pull.

However, for argument's sake, IF you are correct and Angle is indeed terminated, where does the MEM go after tonight. I don't think Joe should take over as leader. I can see Nash taking over however. Sterotypically in most hollywood mafias, which this one is for all intended purposes, the godfather does very little of the grunt work but rather just supervises. This would fit Nash to a tee, he is good on the Mic and does not like doing much in terms of Wrestling yet would still get that big paycheck. Morgan would likely win tonight, MEM would come out, Angle would try to get Morgan to join MEM then MEM turns on Angle claiming he has let them down and is a disgrace to the business, yadda yadda.

I don't think Angle will be released or suspended. He might be sent to rehab or something. If anyone it released it will be Rahaka Khan(even though, that's not really fair, but whatevs). But if Angle was fired, I don't know if I would want the mafia to countinue.

But like the poster above me said, I could see the mafia members betraying Angle, allowing Morgan to win. Or even if Morgan wins, I could see him taking "control" over the mafia.

Although I don't think Morgan is ready for something huge like that, it would instantly make him a huge force. It would be intersting to see where the mafia would go if Angle was released. Maybe Joe & Tazz would take control, since Booker/Nash/Steiner don't seem like leaders. Or maybe Sting makes the turn, and re-joins.

There is a number of possibilities and some good options, but in the end I highly doubt Angle is fired. But like I said, he might have to take some time off, then I would like to see the mafia turning on Angle, setting up a return feud.

If Rhaka Khan gets fired....TNA will be sued for all their worth and end up going through the floor....the backlash would be unreal....Kurt should lose tonight and be suspended or even fired...he isn't that big of a draw anyway, at least not anymore, and will not necessarily be missed by TNA and it will end alot of problems that TNA is having internally

I don't see Angle getting fired or suspended. He will retain the title and it will all blow over. However if they want to get rid of Angle over it here's how it should go down

Matt Morgan wins the title tonight and beats down Kurt and Sting after the match the entire mafia comes down and surrounds the ring. Morgan swings a chair at them keeping them out of the ring. He hooks it on Kurt's ankle and the Mafia jumps in the ring to stop him from breaking Kurt's ankle.

Taz keeps Sting on the outside in the Tazmission while Samoa Joe stomps him, Nash gets in Morgan's face before turning around and slamming the chair on Kurt breaking his ankle. Nash gets on the mic telling Kurt there has been a mutiny and he has taken control of the Mafia as the new don along with the newest member and his protege The Blueprint Matt Morgan

The Mafia stands tall as Sting and Kurt Angle are taken out on stretchers.

If Kurt is only suspended this could make for a good face turn upon his return to join up with Sting to take on the Mafia

Well, never mind TNA suspending Angle...he may be facing jail time here. So the possibility of Angle being gone for a while is very real.

I had read something a while back that hinted that Joe and Tazz would eventually turn on the MEM, but if Angle is out of the picture for any length of time, I can't see that happening. But I also can't see Joe being given the leadership role in the MEM. And I think it's too soon for Morgan to be given that role. If he wins the title tonight, I see him standing against the MEM. As posted earlier in this thread, I can see Nash taking the leadership role in the MEM, since he's by far the best talker of the remaining members, and since he just won the Legends belt, he's a title holder. But the MEM will continue in some form without Angle, I'm sure.

Well, I guess that things will be the way they always are. Angle retained the title and unless TNA has a reason for it that happens this Thursday or at the tapings, it looks like Angle is here to stay. I guess I can sit back and wait to read the thread where he was found dead in his hotel room the morning of an Impact! taping or some other crap.

As we've all seen Kurt has retained his title and is still the leader of the MEM. TNA will never punish their posterboy, even if he is a HGH using, stalker who allegedly abuses women. The MEM will stay strong for a while, there is no reason to break them up, they don't have 8,000 member like the nWo. As long as Kurt can stay out of jail, and the writers can keep the group fresh MEM will be around.

Whats the alternative? no one on this site can give one good reason why the MEM shouldnt be around. If angle, nash, booker and the MEM werent around. Some of the guys they have on the roster are great wrestlers but they couldnt draw a picture !!!! A.J and Joe cant carry the company thats why they made the MEM and if TNA is ever going to compete they need some recognizable names on the main roster plain and simple

Well, it's obvious that Angle isn't going to be suspended at this point, but I think we can still talk about the future of the Main Event Mafia. At this point they hold all of the titles in TNA, except for the Knockout's Title, which Traci should win from ODB in the near future. I think the next PPV is No Surrender, or something like that. Regardless of the name, I expect the Mafia to find any way possible to retain all of the titles and go into Bound For Glory with complete power.

However, the Mafia will start to show signs of conflict leading up to BFG. At BFG, they will likely lose all of thier titles. The X Division to AJ, Tag Team to BMI, Knockouts to someone, Wilde?, Legend's to Foley, and the World Title to Lashley. Or something like that. They may or may not break up after that, but regardless they'll never be the same. The MEM will have done their job putting over some of the other talent and everything will be just peachy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back