Tommy Mercer Makes his iMPACT! Debut

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Well, it's official. Tommy "No Mercy" Mercer officially debuted with TNA tonight as Amazing Red's "little" brother (get it?) following Jarrett's request for him to show up after he beat Red in the Double J Double M-A challenge last week, citing his need for the "competition". Obviously Jeff presumed that a "little" brother of Red's would actually be little, which very obviously was not the case. — fancy how that turned out, eh?

The match wasn't very long, which I imagine TNA intentionally focused on seeing as Mercer is still quite green, certainly to the big-time televised wrestling companies, but his intensity was fantastic IMO, and his size is very impressive.

Not sure whether or not this'll lead to a small-time feud with Jarrett or to a tag-team run with Red or not, but either way I hope Mercer is here to stay.

Thoughts on Mercer's debut? Concerns?

I actually thought this was a pretty legit debut! He looked very impressive. The announcers put him over great by being shocked how big he was. Jeff seemed very intimidated by him, and he seemed to get the best of JJ while he was out there.

Can't wait to see more from this guy. He has alot of potenital from what I have seen on youtube. I wonder if he will be working with Amazing Red more after this?

I actually forgot to mention that. Him debuting against Jarrett in this fashion was fantastic for him, because the nature of Jarrett's character is based as a bully, so him actually having real competition sent him reeling which he sold like crazy.

Gotta tip your hat to Jeff for selling his debut so well, especially almost tapping to the ankle lock before running off to "save" his undefeated streak. Made Mercer look like an animal.

I thought that this was a Great way to debut Mister Mercer as Red's "Little Brother" He looks alot like a More Intense and bigger Amazing Red. The announcers did a Good Job of selling him as being big and intense. I think that the two of them could be a Pretty Good Tag Team Red could use his Speed And Mercer could use his Strength. I liked the matches I've seen of him on Youtube he's a little Green but I was Impressed.

Good Debut and I want to see more of Tommy Mercer.

The guy had a premier that made me feel like he is going to have a fued (with Red as an partner of sorts) against double J. I personaly don't see Red and him as a tag team for a while as it appers that Beer money and MCMG are feuding and that GenMe are starting something with EY and OJ, so the division is currently occupied. Give them time and they may do something in tag but untill then the singles with a manager of sorts will do just fine

i really enjoyed the debut of tommy mercer, i am hopeing that they will put him in and the amazing red as a tag team, cause then it would give amazing red more tv time, maybe put them in a rival with jeff jarret and team jarret

I've seen some of the guy's Indy work... And I can only hope he gets used right, and not just fed to Jarrett to try to keep him relevant next week.

The only problem I have with this guy's debut is that, to anyone who's actually a fan of MMA, this just ended Jarrett's angle. When Gunner and Murphy pulled Jarrett out of th ring, that was the same as throwing in the towel. The winner of that match, by submission: Mercer. Pay the man. Angle over. Hell, Jarett then ran away. Since thematch had begun, that's a submission. Pay the man. Angle over.

Outside of those (completely ignored) facts, dude looked like a beast in his debut.

i think we all know kurt angle like the guy(RED)! red and tommy gonna be WGTT 2.0 and they gonna fued with gunner and morphy i think! should be good !

It was a great debut. The guy has a good look. I'd like to see him and Red as a tag team. The double team moves that Red could probably come up with to work off of Mercer's frame should be something to see. Mercer appeared pretty agile for a tall guy which would play well in such a team. Jeff, Gunner and Murphy vs Angle, Red and Mercer could be a show stealer if done right.

Great debut. To be honest I am totally unfamiliar with this guy as I don't follow the minor leagues at all. I would have never even heard of him if it weren't for IDR. But he was pretty impressive: a big guy, plausible in the ring, and was sold well by the announcers as well as by JJ.

The only question that remains is how will TNA manage to screw this one up?

A sound debut, I liked the look of Mercer and I hope this leads to more Amazing Red on TV too. Making your first appearance across the ring from Jeff Jarrett is a big thing, JJ is synonomous with TNA and it was a high-profile debut for me, so I hope to see big things from Mercer in the coming weeks.

Also, I like the idea mentioned by a poster about a tag-team with Mercer and Red. I am all for that, as it will help establish the two of them together in fans minds and give Mercer a good spot to develop his character on TV.

I like the idea of Mercer and Red. I am not a huge fan of Red like a lot of folks on here, but the two of them together could make for a good tag team. The question remains who will carry the promos. Hopefully, this guy will be adequate on the mic.

I definitely think we will see a Gunner/Murphy feud with Red and Mercer. Maybe, one of those two teams will step up to be the next tag team to revitalize the division. MCMG and Beer Money are great, but they need some fresh talent.

Mercer's debut was some of the best booking TNA has had all year. After Red's ass whoopin' by Double J the previous week he dealt Jarrett the ultimate pay back. Everyone involved played their role well. Even Taz and Tenay did a solid job of selling. Mercer almost looks like he could be Red's brother so the gimmick plays well. I am well aware of "little brother syndrome", my little brother is 9 inches taller than I am. What sold the segment was the intense look Mercer's face and him hulking up like he wanted to rip Jarrett's head off. TNA must think they have the making of a star in Mercer, otherwise his debut would have been a 2 minute match against Shark Boy.

Ric-Flair.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back