"They" Are Coming on February 3rd?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
If you watched iMPACT!, you obviously saw it, but for those of you who didn't, Tommy Mercer who debuted two weeks ago as Amazing Red's younger brother, who we now know as Crimson attacked Abyss backstage following Abyss' loss to Matt Morgan moments earlier claiming he was "just the messenger" and that on February 3rd, "They" are coming for every member of Immortal, demanding that Abyss take the message directly to Bischoff and Immortal.

Mercer's debut was interrupted as he was on the verge of beating Jeff Jarrett during his Double J Double M-A challenge when Gunner and Murphy pulled Jarrett out of the ring, so Mercer—err, Crimson does actually have a connection here.

Obviously, the last time "They" came, Immortal was born back at Bound For Glory 2010.

Thoughts on this? Ideas as to who this could be?

** MODERATORS NOTE **

I'm more than aware that TNA spoilers are made available generally a week or more ahead of each airing of iMPACT!, however this site maintains a ZERO TOLERANCE rule on posting them in No-SPAM sections — like this one.

Just so we are clear here: DO NOT POST SPOILERS HERE.

If you wish to discuss spoilers, especially the ones that pertain to this story line, see the Cage, otherwise enjoy your week-ban if and when you're caught posting them.

— IDR

Honestly, I think all this is going to be is the exact same thing that already happened, a huge group of random faces are gonna band together to take on the already growing group of heals. We might see a fresh/forgotten face make an appearence, but ultimatly I see this a a bigger letdown then Imortal itself.

Seems a little corny to me for them to use the same "They" storyline again...

I mean, the first time was over hyped and some would say, underwhelming... So, why use the same storyline again?

With that said... I hope they can bring something cool to the table this time...

I think "They" is probably going to be Kevin Nash and Sting returning to TNA. Both have had ample time to heal and get in "better" shape and they along with Angle, Anderson, and RVD have the biggest beef with Immortal/Fortune.

If you team Sting, Nash, and Angle back up together again you have the makings of a Main Event Mafia style stable, just add RVD and Anderson to replace Steiner and Booker T and there you go.

I hope this doesn't go in the same direction that nWo went in WCW. When more and more of the roster joined nWo.

Let's just hope this is not another 'swerve' in the Imor/Tune storyline or whoever 'they' are fighting. I know sometimes another twist may be what some see as a way to save what they see as a line that is not working, but sometimes that will abandon the viewers even more than ever. Not only does it make the viewers think that they are frowned upon, and that their intelligence is being underestimated, but it just shows the apathy in which people are going to in which to try to salvage what creative potential there is for some very talented people in TNA wrestling. I, for one, am hoping that this is not one of those ":wtf: I waited for this?" kinda things come Feb.3rd. So..I'm going to try to be cautiously optimistic and see what new things could possibly come down Orlando, FL way.

Well I think its going to be Dixie's team of Faces. I hope Sid is included in the new them!

Even though its seems a bit sloppy Im starting to really enjoy impact well atleast its tons better than Smackdown.

I have a feeling that this new "They" will be older veterans returning to TNA like Kevin Nash, Sting & Mick Foley leading some of the younger TNA talent under Dixie Carter's banner to reclaim TNA.

This whole thing with Dixie Carter and Hulk Hogan "in court" will probably culminate with Carter gaining control of TNA while the wrestlers under her banner will give her "total control" of her company by eliminated Immortal/Fortune:disappointed. :disappointed:

hmmmmm it should make for a gd storyline aslong as they dont call them frontline like they did with the mafia storyline. The mafia were awesome but frontline was the most ******ed name ever and there was a ps3/360 game out at the same time which im sure TNA got te idea off. Anyways if it is a face group forming im guessing angle pope and joe(will make up) and morgan should lead the charge. If not it could be the mafia returning thats been a hot subject latley! and with scotty stiener returning next week(or week after) it could be them coming back to take th company they ruled a couple years ago. But Nash says hes retired and i believe him,then sting HOF offer which if i was sting id take in a heartbeat and Booker back in talks with WWE i guess that idea is over before it starts. Lets just sit back and see what happens. :)

I thought Crimson said Their coming not They....but its obviously a group of faces set up by Dixe Carter to battle Immortal/Fortune. RVD, Anderson, Morgan, Crimson, Williams, Red and other faces.

its 2011 and you wanna see Sid in a wrestling ring??? Jesus man,you have really low standards or you been trapped on a island for the last decade!

Have always liked him and his career was cut short with that horific injury. I would like to see him come full circle and go out on his terms. He is still in great shape.

But to be totally honest I hope Tommy Mercer is the leader of this new faction big fan of his. Well I guess his name is crimson now.

They could mean either the Main Event Mafia - Booker T, Sting, Nash, Steiner, Angle, Samoa Joe, and possibly Crimson. Add in Anderson and RVD as also former World Champions and its a pretty stacked faction.

They could also mean the debuting Zorro and other AAA stars. Crimson is Amazing Reds little brother and could have connections with those guys through Red. Bring in Hernandez to return and lead the group even. They have been rumored to be debuting soon so it is a good possibility.

Overweight and out of shaped Wrestlers that couldn't lace their boots. TNA need to stop with these "MYSTERIES." If I want to watch a "MYSTERY" program, I'll watch Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack. Every time a "MYSTERY" happens in TNA, it involves some wrestler that hadn't been on Television for over 2 years. It's a shame because they try to make them seem like they have not missed a step, but look like they need a walker.

"THEY" is just a group of wrestlers that were once apart of TNA. I just hope they don't look like they forgot to lace there boots. (i.e. look Rusty)

I thought impact was actually intresting, like a previous poster stated way better than smackdown. Well "they" could possibly be nash,sting,mr.anderson, and AJ Styles. Of course AJ as the leader of the group.

Personally, I'd love if it was just the guys that are currently going against Immortal, just they get organized. "They" could be a mystery, or it could just be Crimson mocking the Immortal gang with the same crap we were fed for a month or two. I'd get a kick out of that.

I REALLY hope it's not the rumored return of the Main Event Mafia. This "Immortal" thing has done a good job of utilizing TNA's younger, more homegrown talent (Fortune is Ric Flair & a bunch of TNA guys, Doug Williams, Jay Lethal, the MCMGuns) and if it was resolved by bringing in a bunch of older stars from WCW or ECW or WWE or what have you, then it'd REALLY be a letdown.

what would be sweet is sence Roh tv deal with hdnet is up that Dixie went out and made a deal with them and they invade TNA to take on imortal. I know the chances of that happening are slim and none, but one can dream cant he.

I was going to say it could be TNA Veterans from back in the day like Red, Dutt, Daniels, Homicide, etc... and many more that have either left or quit TNA during the foolish years, mainly looking into ROH's roster of exceptional talent. I do know Tommy was not a regular rostered wrestler but did do a pre show match, and I would love to see some X Division wrestlers come into the main event screen especially with Daniels. And seeing what they are doing with Styles, I could see him being the leader of this new team. This team could also consist of guys that Hernandez has either suggested for TNA while down in Mexico.

I could also see Dixie coming back into the acting part of the business and bringing in veterans to do a good bye storyline for Hogan and Bischoff. I do hope they finish up though because the Immortal gimmick has failed to appeal to me. I do love fortune though.

Another possibility could be as some one else said a secret team of MCMG, Doug Williams, RVD, Mr Anderson, Jay Lethal and possibly Dixie Carter with maybe a hall of famer to help her out. This seems more logical since this is what happened with the first "They".

Another possibility could be its a Hulk Hogan faction, feeling left out because Bischoff and Flair are in charge and is doing the whole WcW Young Blood gimmick. With Bischhoff and Hogan in the CREATIVE seat, along with Russo, this seems a little more logical to assume too. Maybe Dixie Carter cut a deal with Hogan that stated you need to fix the problem you made and gave Hogan a list of AA, ROH and other superstars who are willing to comeback and such.

I'd love to see how this turns up, but since its not going to pass through a PPV I don't expect much.

I've got a feeling that this 'They' will be a returning Main Event Mafia, then we'll get more promos from guys like Sting berating Hogan, Flair and Jeff Jarrett for taking the spotlight from the younger wrestlers, saying it's time they stepped aside, all the while hogging the spotlight from the younger talent. It'll be pretty much the same stuff we had before when it was Hogan and Jarrett telling Sting and Kevin Nash that it was time for them to step down.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

TNA = Groundhog Day

I think "they" will be the X-Division. "They" were what made us fans stick with TNA for as long as we have, but the focus has been off of them as of the past couple years. It would be cool to see the foundation of TNA step up and take its turf back.

Sadly I feel its just another Main Event Mafia all over again
We already have Kurt back, Nash has resigned, Heaven help us if they resign Hall and Pac though(or some other washed up "name" we havent seen in along time deservedly so like DDme or the Steiners)
Now maybe they can shift it up if they make it Nash and Sting with Crimson, Anderson and a defecting Styles

I would bet absolutely anything that the new "they" will be Sting, Kevin Nash, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, and a select few other guys. Forget Sting and Kevin Nash being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, they will most definitely be returning to TNA to oppose the Immortals.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Scott Hall and/or Sean Waltman be involved. Haven't seen or heard much about them lately, so I am unsure if try are in jail, in rehab, or if they are getting their acts together. TNA has shown tremendous patience with these guys in the past, so don't be surprised if they roll the dice with these guys yet again. It's not like TNA has been gun shy about putting guys with substance abuse problems in positions of prominence in their company.

I would also expect Ken Anderson and RVD to join up with this group, rounding out the group at approximately six to eight major guys, with perhaps a couple of lesser names like Amazing Red and Crimson. And then it's WCW all over again, with two major factions battling it out whereby pretty much everyone who is anyone in TNA is involved in the angle.

Of course, we'll be inundated with tweets and teases talking about changing the face of TNA Wrestling forever and all of that same old same old. And there will be the inevitable swerves and surprises which may or may not make sense. Kevin Nash will likely betray his group and join the Immortals. AJ Styles will turn face and join the face faction once he's healthy enough to do so.

Will this all work? Doubtful, as past experience has shown, it may work out OK in the short term, but will fizzle out and ultimately fail. The Shattered Dreams and IDR's of the world will love it (all due respect guys), most of the rest of us will not, and. Let the debates begin. It should be fun discussing it all here on wrestlezone, but maybe not so much on Thursday evenings on Spike TV.

angle & crimson are a lock. nash, probly not- but sting is still a good prospect.

i think the smart move would to be add in el generico b\c i fear otherwise he will get buried. he is a great talent & could fit into the outsider mold of 'their coming'... the possibility of tna getting a roh guy or two is very likely at this point. the best thing tna could do is gain some talent & help out roh with more national exposure at the same time. tna dosent need to ruin this with more old wcw guys filling up the ring & stealing airtime from the real talent.

obviously the large #'s of immortal means a big battle so you need soldiers. anderson & rvd seem to be the next on the list. also it is a good time to bring desmond wolfe back in the mix. this could work out to be a good fight. but they need a surprise or two (please not foley) in order to make this happen.

I've seen people compaining that this is a group of old wrestlers, and all this shit again. I say that Main Event Mafia did a great job putting over the young stars in 2009. Scott Steiner for exemple, he is such a great wrestler and a verry good entertainer. His in great shape whenever you check him. In TNA, all he did, ALWAYS, was putting over young talents. He never complained about losing against Joe, Petey Williams or any young wrestler.

The same goes for Sting and Booker T. Even Kevin Nash, in TNA, he was such a good mentor for wrestlers like Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Jay Lethal, Johnny Devine, Austin Aeris, Senshi, Samoa Joe or Sonjay Dut. The fact that TNA fucked up with some of these guys is not his fault.

And this group does not have to be only Sting, Nash, Bookah, Steiner and Angle, they could use former world champions like AJ Styles or Samoa Joe. And they already use this Tommy Mercer guy, and giving him a great push so far. This could mean more time for Amazing Red, or bringing back some former TNA stars.

Biggest TNA fan from Romania.

Please don't bring in the MEM TNA, having the grandpa brigade of Nash, Steiner etc burrying Immortal is simply not good for business.

I wouldn't be opposed to a faction with a veteran such as Sting in their corner but it has to be a group poetential new TNA stars.

I'd like to see a group consisting of Matt Morgan,Crimson,Amazing Red, Desmond Wolfe,Hernandez and Jay Lethal take back the company as these are the future of TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back