There are Spoilers In This Thread

If MVP does have an all-black stable, the most Vince Russo thing in the world would be to bring in a Barack Obama impersonator to be in charge of it all.

Or Abraham Washington.

To be fair, TNA could have Bobby Roode wrestle Lou Thesz's corpse and you'd probably say it's good, or great or that there is no problem with it. Lets be honest.

Ref got bored by all the swerves and stupid booking that never make things interesting because they do it so much and decided to take a nap. That's at least what I think is happening.

Claire Lynch. Never forget.

And you're rarely negative about ROH

I rather focus on what I enjoy then constantly complain like most due on the internet

I don't really want to accuse TNA of blatantly stealing from WWE, but honestly. Eric Young gets the title in a shocking win out of nowhere weeks after Bryan, then they form a heel stable with three members, led by an authority figure, to feud with him. How long until Abyss is working for MVP? How long until EY has a token love interest with a Knockout (I guess there's already ODB)? How long until a trio of unlikely heroes rises up to oppose MVP?

It's the same script, just with different, lesser players.

Which, I guess, is a pretty good summary for TNA always.

Something else I had forgotten about that TNA copied from WWE:

Damien Sandow stealing the MITB briefcase from his partner Cody Rhodes to start a feud between the two.

Gunner stealing the Feast or Fired briefcase from his partner James Storm to start a feud between the two.

But Gunner was the good guy. Don't know why, but that's gotta count for something, right? Right?

I don't think anyone with a reasonable state of mind voicing their displeasure in this thread wants TNA to fail, which is one of the primary reasons we're expressing our feelings here: We want TNA to be a good product, and it's very much capable of being so because it's demonstrated it in the past.

The conspicuous WWE bandwagoning from their creative team needs to cease, it's been going on for a very long time now, and I think I speak for everyone that we're sick of it. The reason people want to watch TNA is because it serves as an alternative to WWE. If TNA just keeps copying WWE, people are just going to watch WWE. They have the monetary advantage and a far larger roster to their advantage and they will outclass TNA in the long run. Look at the weak spots in WWE (there's a fair few), and try to exploit them as an incentive for fans to watch your show.

And we need to get rid of the EVIL mega-stable cliché. This is what, the 3rd or 4th time since the end of the Main Event Mafia that this has happened in TNA now?

TNA is capable of so much better. It really is sad that it's reached this stage where a good chunk of wrestling fans consider it to be a complete joke, ala WCW in 2000. It's not beyond redemption of course, but time really isn't on TNA's side.

TNA is capable of so much better. It really is sad that it's reached this stage where a good chunk of wrestling fans consider it to be a complete joke, ala WCW in 2000. It's not beyond redemption of course, but time really isn't on TNA's side.

The members of wrestling fans on forums don't make up a good chunk of TNA's audience and there's no way to know what the over million people who match Impact feel about the product

The members of wrestling fans on forums don't make up a good chunk of TNA's audience and there's no way to know what the over million people who match Impact feel about the product

They should be past this point since they are 11? years old, but TNA should be looking to grow, not just keep who they have. People that are on a wrestling forum, aka huge wrestling fans, should be the easiest demographic for them to get. By doing shit to piss off what should be the easiest group to get hooked, they are counting on casual wrestling fans or non-wrestling fans to keep the company going which is an awful business plan.

KB added it up recently and they've had that as their main storyline for more than half their existence.

Aye, but it only became as big a problem as it has after MEM died. The only heel mega-stable I remember before the MEM was Christian's Coalition.

The reason TNA are as big as they are today is because of the smark audience which they maintain a relatively healthy stronghold over to this day (and probably make up most of their numbers). TNA has had difficulty with casual fans in the past (granted, they've done a lot in that regard to quell that issue), but you've got to admit that there are some blunders that even casual fans are going to get annoyed at.

Just as an example on a very small scale, I was watching an episode of Impact late last year with my dad, and an EC3 promo came on, talking about those two jobbers he beat up. I kid you not, this promo felt like it went on for TEN MINUTES, and it was about TWO JOBBERS. My dad, a casual wrestling fan voiced his disapproval multiple times and he eventually turned the channel. I don't necessarily blame him.

Now, that was just one viewer (two, because I found it skull-numbingly boring, but I enjoy TNA on the whole), but that was only a small blunder. Imagine that, but with the bigger blunders TNA have made over the years, and it all adds up.

Sure, everyone makes mistakes, even WWE make a lot, but TNA are, to put it bluntly, inconsistent, especially these past 5 years.

The mockery the IWC make of TNA is somewhat unfair, but not all of it is unjustified. TNA has some great perks which I do enjoy a lot and that's why I keep watching, but the inconsistency clouds a lot of people's perception ultimately.

Yes TNA would like to grow its fanbase and have higher ratings but it's very hard to gain viewers right now in the US for a multiple of reason including wrestling not being that popular anymore and possibly even the network there are on right now not being that popular, that's why they signed that deal with UTA to negotiate TV contracts amongst other things to potentially get on a better network

Also most causals fans don't watch the product as a lot of us on forums and critique and over analyze the product

I know this isn't an official Impact thread, but just going to post this here, from the Observer.

TNA suffered another blow last week in its hopes of a new deal with Spike TV, when it failed to break the top 50 shows on cable for the second week in a row. Right now nothing is more important to TNA then securing that TV deal, and while it looks like WWE will be re-signing with Universal, that doesn't necessarily mean Spike will renew Impact Wrestling anyway.

Spike and Viacom have both made large investments into TNA over the past few years and have seen none of it back. Many asked me if what Paul Heyman said on the Steve Austin Show was true, are TNA in as much debt as Heyman says they were. I don't know if they are in that much debt, but they're definitely in debt.

If they weren't AJ Styles wouldn't be wrestling for ROH right now, Hulk Hogan wouldn't have been the host of WrestleMania, Sting wouldn't be filming footage for the network, Christopher Daniels and Kazarian wouldn't be taking shots at the company in public forums and they'd be touring every week. But despite the debt they find themselves in they continue fighting on.

As each week goes by and the ratings continue to drop, the shows in New York become more and more important. I said it on the 3/4 podcast, if ROH can run the Hammerstein Ballroom and sell it out without the help of national TV and TNA can't, then there is no confidence from higher ups in their own product. TNA will sell out the Grand Ballroom, it's not a hard place to sell out, but they have to deliver at those tapings.

If they can't and you are a TNA fan you should start getting worried because without evidence to prove they've gotten their monies worth, with reruns of Cops being the most watched TV show on Spike so far this year and no signs of improvement, Spike TV could pull the plug both literally and metaphorically on TNA.

The real question is who is going to be the token white guy?

kerwin.jpg

or Wayne Brady. Nah. TNA cant afford Wayne Brady.

Also most causals fans don't watch the product as a lot of us on forums and critique and over analyze the product

It's not a case of over analysing here though for the most part. Over analysing would be "X is a jobber. That's bullshit, he should be getting a push" (and even then, that's not really nitpicking). With TNA, these are inherent flaws in the main story and with the company in general.

The reason a lot of TNA fans do this (apart from the trolls) is because we want TNA to succeed. I'm fully willing to voice my approval if TNA do something inherently well just as much I am to voice my disapproval when TNA do something inherently wrong. We promote the stuff we enjoy as fans and discourage the stuff we don't like as fans.

It's not a case of over analysing here though for the most part. Over analysing would be "X is a jobber. That's bullshit, he should be getting a push" (and even then, that's not really nitpicking). With TNA, these are inherent flaws in the main story and with the company in general.

The reason a lot of TNA fans do this (apart from the trolls) is because we want TNA to succeed. I'm fully willing to voice my approval if TNA do something inherently well just as much I am to voice my disapproval when TNA do something inherently wrong. We promote the stuff we enjoy as fans and discourage the stuff we don't like as fans.

The problem that I'm trying to get at is that what you may see as a flaw and what we on forums see as flaws may not be flaws for the overall audience

The problem that I'm trying to get at is that what you may see as a flaw and what we on forums see as flaws may not be flaws for the overall audience

In some regards for the IWC, this is true. In others, it isn't. This isn't a case where a segment is "just for the kiddies" or "corny Cena", this is a case where people really question what they're watching, like my dad with the jobber promo. The backstage atmosphere is apparently very bad, TNA have evidentially being dealing with budget cuts and talent are beginning to jump ship to the extent that they can't really be replaced. Yeah, these are smark issues, but it affects the product as a whole for the casual fans as an indirect multiplier effect.

I think we're more similar than our opinions appear here. We both evidentially want to see TNA do well, we're just going different ways about it.

And you're rarely negative about ROH

Not true. Nowadays, yes, because ROH is constantly working to improve, constantly making progress, constantly doing things fans want to see and are booking talent correctly, working angles correctly, putting on good shows. Fuck KB enjoyed Supercard of Honor, yano why? Because Supercard of Honor was a fun, enjoyable show, where if you watched, you did it for the wrestling and you got what you wanted.

But go back to when ROH originally debuted on SBG, it was shit. I admit it was shit. I didn't even try defending it back then. I would be in the LD's with KB and Sly and when they said something was horrible, I totally agreed, because it was. It was like TNA is now, the wrong person was running it. But the difference is the guys that own ROH wised up and got rid of the person who was running it and employed someone who knew the fanbase, knew what people wanted, and knew how to book. He spent all of 2013 making things right. And in 2014 hes stepped up the game ten fold.

I have never seen you say anything critical of TNA. Which is impossible by the way, and when everyone else says flat out that the show sucks you still try to argue it in some delusional vision only you are seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back