The Triple H Thread

What is your opinion of Triple H.?

• I Hate Him!

• I'm not a fan of his

• Neutral: Don't like or hate him

• He's okay, not the greatest

• He's The King of Kings!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hogan vs. The Rock at WM 18 was a huge draw, but Jericho and HHH was the main event. Also, Hogan and Mcmahon's match at WM 19 was before HHH and Booker T's and Angle vs. Lesnar was the main event that year anyway. I was just pointing out that HHH was in a title match at WM for 5 years in a row. Anyone since Hogan do that? Don't worry, I'll wait for you to answer that one. Also Y 2 Jake, I asked if we could agree that the WWE put's their biggest stars in the main events at WM and you said no. I want you to point some examples where they don't and I will prove to you that, for that time period, the two in the main event were the biggest stars in the company. By the way, HHH's boom period was probably in 2000 around the height of the Mchmahon/Helmsley era. That's when he got very popular and he had another when he made his first comeback in 2002 and I agree he was the biggest star in 2004.

As for The Monster Sam. I define big star or one of the biggest stars ever by title reigns (13 for HHH), drawing ability (already proved in previous post that he has that), and crowd reaction (continues to be among the most cheered superstars in the WWE whether he is cheered or booed, when he comes out, he gets a response). Let's also not forget that most of those in the front row bow down to "the king" (pun intended). Face it, you couldn't tell the story of the attitude era or the beginning of the WWE era without mentioning HHH.

Again, I say he's huge, what are we arguing for?

Hogan vs. The Rock at WM 18 was a huge draw, but Jericho and HHH was the main event. Also, Hogan and Mcmahon's match at WM 19 was before HHH and Booker T's and Angle vs. Lesnar was the main event that year anyway. I was just pointing out that HHH was in a title match at WM for 5 years in a row. Anyone since Hogan do that? Don't worry, I'll wait for you to answer that one. Also Y 2 Jake, I asked if we could agree that the WWE put's their biggest stars in the main events at WM and you said no. I want you to point some examples where they don't and I will prove to you that, for that time period, the two in the main event were the biggest stars in the company. By the way, HHH's boom period was probably in 2000 around the height of the Mchmahon/Helmsley era. That's when he got very popular and he had another when he made his first comeback in 2002 and I agree he was the biggest star in 2004.

As for The Monster Sam. I define big star or one of the biggest stars ever by title reigns (13 for HHH), drawing ability (already proved in previous post that he has that), and crowd reaction (continues to be among the most cheered superstars in the WWE whether he is cheered or booed, when he comes out, he gets a response). Let's also not forget that most of those in the front row bow down to "the king" (pun intended). Face it, you couldn't tell the story of the attitude era or the beginning of the WWE era without mentioning HHH.

Being last on a card don't necessarily mean it's the main event. The others are right in saying that Rock/Hogan and Hogan/Vince to an extent were the "main event". Take this year's WM for example. Everybody wanted to see Taker vs. HBK and that was the main event. Orton/HHH was horrible because they have horrible chemistry in the ring. HHH has never really been the number one guy in the company. Maybe in 2003-2004 but that was a downslide for the company. You can argue that his popularity in the early 2000's can be attributed to Stephanie McMahon.

Hogan vs. The Rock at WM 18 was a huge draw, but Jericho and HHH was the main event.

Going on last doesn't make you the main event. The main event is the main match that sells the show.

Also, Hogan and Mcmahon's match at WM 19 was before HHH and Booker T's and Angle vs. Lesnar was the main event that year anyway.

Hogan vs. Vince was promoted as the main match. It's why the show didn't do terribly well.

I was just pointing out that HHH was in a title match at WM for 5 years in a row.

You missed out how poor most of those matches were.

Anyone since Hogan do that?

Hogan didn't even do that. Unless you count an unadvertised match or a tournament match.

Don't worry, I'll wait for you to answer that one.

Cool.

Also Y 2 Jake, I asked if we could agree that the WWE put's their biggest stars in the main events at WM and you said no. I want you to point some examples where they don't and I will prove to you that, for that time period, the two in the main event were the biggest stars in the company.

Enjoy yourself.

1battle.jpg

By the way, HHH's boom period was probably in 2000 around the height of the Mchmahon/Helmsley era. That's when he got very popular and he had another when he made his first comeback in 2002 and I agree he was the biggest star in 2004.

2000, The Rock. 2002, Hulk Hogan & The Rock. Even as part timers.

As for The Monster Jake. I define big star or one of the biggest stars ever by title reigns (13 for HHH),

13 title reigns looks like a desperate attempt to prove your worth.

drawing ability (already proved in previous post that he has that),

He's not a huge draw.

and crowd reaction (continues to be among the most cheered superstars in the WWE whether he is cheered or booed, when he comes out, he gets a response).

That's not true though, is it.

Let's also not forget that most of those in the front row bow down to "the king" (pun intended).

It's amazing how it's only people in the isles. They must come with those Rey Mysterio fans who only watch his matches then vanish straight after.

Face it, you couldn't tell the story of the attitude era or the beginning of the WWE era without mentioning HHH.

Hear about the time Kaientai cut off Val Venis' penis?

Fun?

Being last on a card don't necessarily mean it's the main event. The others are right in saying that Rock/Hogan and Hogan/Vince to an extent were the "main event". Take this year's WM for example. Everybody wanted to see Taker vs. HBK and that was the main event. Orton/HHH was horrible because they have horrible chemistry in the ring. HHH has never really been the number one guy in the company. Maybe in 2003-2004 but that was a downslide for the company. You can argue that his popularity in the early 2000's can be attributed to Stephanie McMahon.

So the main event is the match that people want to see the most. Then the main event at WM 20 wasn't the triple threat match, it was Undertaker vs. Kane. More ppl wanted to see that than anything that year. Also, at WM 19 it wasn't Mchmahon/Hogan, it was Rock/Austin, don't know where you are from, but more people wanted to see that match then what I can remember. How about we go by what the ring anouncer says. "It is time for you main event." Just because other matches have a certain draw, doesn't mean that the match is the main event and just because the main event might be a horrible match (Orton/HHH) doesn't make any less of a main event.

Y 2 Jake, are you seriously going to show me a poster of Trump/Mchmahon at WM 23, you really think that, that was the biggest draw for that show? If you do, you have just lost all creditability and are no longer aloud to argue this point anymore. If you want I could show you a poster of Undertaker/Batista or HBK/Cena (which was the main event that year). Please do not come back with, "There can be multiple main events in a show." That's just stupid. Besides the match that you want me to explain was centered around Trump/Mchmahon. The only reason that they didn't wrestle in the match was because they are old. Also, the dates that I gave you, I was not attempting to say he was the biggest draw in the company at that time. You asked for his boom period, which I define as height of his popularity and those where the years. You didn't say what years was he the biggest draw. And your attempt at proving me wrong about the attitude era was just crazy. One story? Ok tell the entire story of the Attitude era without mentioning HHH or something he was apart of.

So the main event is the match that people want to see the most. Then the main event at WM 20 wasn't the triple threat match, it was Undertaker vs. Kane. More ppl wanted to see that than anything that year. Also, at WM 19 it wasn't Mchmahon/Hogan, it was Rock/Austin, don't know where you are from, but more people wanted to see that match then what I can remember. How about we go by what the ring anouncer says. "It is time for you main event." Just because other matches have a certain draw, doesn't mean that the match is the main event and just because the main event might be a horrible match (Orton/HHH) doesn't make any less of a main event.

You can't tell me that more people wanted to see Rock/Austin more than Hogan/McMahon. The Hogan/McMahon was twenty years in the making and had more backstory than Austin/Rock could ever have. People still can believe that the main event is the last match but if there is a match that more people want to see and will draw big, then that match will be the main event.

You can't tell me that more people wanted to see Rock/Austin more than Hogan/McMahon. The Hogan/McMahon was twenty years in the making and had more backstory than Austin/Rock could ever have. People still can believe that the main event is the last match but if there is a match that more people want to see and will draw big, then that match will be the main event.

To be honest with you, you are right. More people did want to see Hogan/Mchmahon. But by your logic, the main event is the match that the veiwer wants to see most. So, wouldn't everyone have their own opinion as to what the main event is? If that's the case, then you are going to have some people say Rock/Austin, Lesnar/Angle, or even HBK/Jericho. I don't know about you, but that would start to get confusing. I still say that we stick to the ring announcer.

Y 2 Jake, are you seriously going to show me a poster of Trump/Mchmahon at WM 23, you really think that, that was the biggest draw for that show?

Yeah, because it was.

If you do, you have just lost all creditability and are no longer aloud to argue this point anymore.

Shame.

If you want I could show you a poster of Undertaker/Batista or HBK/Cena (which was the main event that year).

How were they the main events over the Battle Of The Billionaires? Which had the most hype before and after the show?

Please do not come back with, "There can be multiple main events in a show." That's just stupid.

WrestleMania XX says that it's fact. You don't think it was Triple H vs. HBK vs. Chris Benoit that drew for that show, do you?

Besides the match that you want me to explain was centered around Trump/Mchmahon. The only reason that they didn't wrestle in the match was because they are old.

Didn't stop Ric Flair. Or Vince McMahon for that matter.

Also, the dates that I gave you, I was not attempting to say he was the biggest draw in the company at that time. You asked for his boom period, which I define as height of his popularity and those where the years. You didn't say what years was he the biggest draw. And your attempt at proving me wrong about the attitude era was just crazy.

No, I said that he's never started a boom period.

One story? Ok tell the entire story of the Attitude era without mentioning HHH or something he was apart of.

I couldn't tell the entire Attitude Era story without mentioning Golga, so I don't think that's relevant. I could talk about a couple of major angles from the Attitude Era, if that helps. The Austin/McMahon feud from 1998. Undertaker throwing Mankind off a Cell.

You can arguably say that during the Attitude Era, most of Rock's, Austin's and Foley's best matches were against HHH. It still doesn't mean that he was a big draw though. I put his drawing power in that era behind Austin, Rock, Foley, and Taker.

Moderator Note

This thread is to discuss Triple H. All other discussion should take place in a thread for that purpose. Please refrain from further discussion not about Triple H or infractions will be handed out.

Thank you.

For me, and I am sure I can speak for a lot of other wrestling fans, I didn't care about the "Battle of the Billionaires." That show, for me, was about Taker finally getting his long deserved title shot at WM again and by far the best match in that show was HBK/Cena. HBK/Cena also spawned a series of matches between them, as did Undertaker/Batista, so I would that say they had the most hype after WM 23.

Also, go back and look at your post. You asked for HHH's boom period and I gave them to you.

As for the Attitude era story. You left out a few angles. DX vs Nation of Domination. It was major. HHH marrying Steph. That was huge. Finally, HHH dismembering DX and joining with the Mchmahons. Again, HUGE! I have a question. Can you honestly say that HHH wasn't a huge part of the Attitude era?

You can arguably say that during the Attitude Era, most of Rock's, Austin's and Foley's best matches were against HHH. It still doesn't mean that he was a big draw though. I put his drawing power in that era behind Austin, Rock, Foley, and Taker.

How wasn't he a big draw? The leader of DX, married to the bosses daughter? He was huge at that time. Maybe not as big as the ones mentioned, but he was definately on his way. Aslo Taker is still a huge draw, don't you dare say he was a huge draw as in not anymore. I can agree, however, that HHH did take off after Rock and Austin were done.

Also, go back and look at your post. You asked for HHH's boom period and I gave them to you.

No you didn't. You gave me a lit of times when Triple H was popular or at the top. That's not a boom period, not even in 2000 when it's arguable that Triple H was the main draw.

As for the Attitude era story. You left out a few angles.

I missed out hundreds. I also gave you two major ones that didn't involve Triple H, which is what you were asking.

DX vs Nation of Domination. It was major.

Not really.

HHH marrying Steph. That was huge.

It was. But who said that Triple H wasn't involved in major angles? Wasn't I.

Finally, HHH dismembering DX and joining with the Mchmahons. Again, HUGE! I have a question.

That wasn't huge. That was nothing.

Can you honestly say that HHH wasn't a huge part of the Attitude era?

Didn't say he wasn't. But I'll say that Kane, Mankind, Undertaker, The Rock & Steve Austin played bigger parts in it.

How wasn't he a big draw? The leader of DX, married to the bosses daughter? He was huge at that time. Maybe not as big as the ones mentioned, but he was definately on his way. Aslo Taker is still a huge draw, don't you dare say he was a huge draw as in not anymore. I can agree, however, that HHH did take off after Rock and Austin were done.

Where did I say that Taker wasn't a huge draw now. If you read my post right, I said that HHH was behind those in drawing power in that era. More people wanted to see Austin and Rock than HHH when they were fighting. I just don't believe HHH could never be the top guy in the company and people will make him out to be greater than he actually is when he retires.

As pertaining to HHH now, I would love to see him turn heel but with Orton already on RAW I don't see that happening. It could be time to start putting younger superstars over because he has really nothing left to do. A Swagger/HHH feud would help Swagger immensely. Cena did wonders for him and HHH can improve on that.

I will say that Mankind, Undertaker, Rock, and Austin played much bigger roles than HHH. But the Attitude Era is what built HHH into his Huge part in the WWE. Can we go back, for the last ten years and name a year that HHH didn't have at least one major storyline? NO we can not and that makes HHH a huge draw by itself. Did you watch Raw on Monday? Did you here and see the crowd react to him? He is huge. You can't prove otherwise. HHH has arguably been the biggest star in the past ten years.

Where did I say that Taker wasn't a huge draw now. If you read my post right, I said that HHH was behind those in drawing power in that era. More people wanted to see Austin and Rock than HHH when they were fighting. I just don't believe HHH could never be the top guy in the company and people will make him out to be greater than he actually is when he retires.

As pertaining to HHH now, I would love to see him turn heel but with Orton already on RAW I don't see that happening. It could be time to start putting younger superstars over because he has really nothing left to do. A Swagger/HHH feud would help Swagger immensely. Cena did wonders for him and HHH can improve on that.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you on Taker. I agree, however, that HHH could help Swagger alot, if he does it right and will actually lose to him the right way. That is with a finisher and a pin and no controversy. That is the only thing that I don't like about HHH. He seems to have a problem putting someone over. Like with Orton in 2004 and with Jeff Hardy. He should just do whats right, he isn't going to be around forever (Who knows though, Flair is his mentor).

But the Attitude Era is what built HHH into his Huge part in the WWE.

He missed the best bit. Triple H was the top heel after Austin peaked.

Can we go back, for the last ten years and name a year that HHH didn't have at least one major storyline?

Which surely shows that he's been around too long. Most of the big stars go onto something better outside of wrestling or they become part timers.

NO we can not and that makes HHH a huge draw by itself.

Because he's been involved in major storylines? Name me a good one from each year.

Did you watch Raw on Monday?

Nope.

Did you here and see the crowd react to him?

I didn't.

He is huge. You can't prove otherwise.

Prove, maybe not. But I do think that him getting a huge reaction at Backlash when he entered and then sung out of the building when he left was very odd.

I would never claim that WWE would pipe crowd noise to make a wrestler appear more popular. Just so you understand.

HHH has arguably been the biggest star in the past ten years.

It's no coincidence that WWE has hardly made any new stars over the past 10 years.

I don't think HHH should hold the title for a while. Orton is still trying to recover from what happened to 2004 and I would like Cena as the champion again. The problem is that they haven't tried to build anybody to the main-event on RAW in a while. So if either Orton or Cena gets injured, the options are Batista when he comes back, a returning HBK, or HHH. If he was a heel, then I would be more to see him as champion but not so much as a face.

Oh come on, HHH hasn't been around too long. Undertaker, HBK? Alot longer than HHH and they are still two of the most popular stars in the business. Hell, I will go so far as to say that Taker is the biggest star on SD!

WWE has tried to build new stars. It isn't that easy. Tried with Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Kennedy, trying really hard with CM Punk and Hardy (just to name a few). They have just had a lack of talent and should thank god that they still have the seasoned veteran like HHH to go to when things don't pan out.

I don't think HHH should hold the title for a while. Orton is still trying to recover from what happened to 2004 and I would like Cena as the champion again. The problem is that they haven't tried to build anybody to the main-event on RAW in a while. So if either Orton or Cena gets injured, the options are Batista when he comes back, a returning HBK, or HHH. If he was a heel, then I would be more to see him as champion but not so much as a face.

Definately don't want Cena. I agree that HHH shouldn't be the one to beat Orton because of the 2004 situation. With Orton as a heel, HHH will remain a face. I would love to see HHH start accepting his role as a door mat and build up younger stars so we would have main event level stars on raw. Flair did it, why can't he? HBK should do it as well. Then, they should occausionally get back in the main event picture and go for a random title reign or something.

Oh come on, HHH hasn't been around too long. Undertaker, HBK? Alot longer than HHH and they are still two of the most popular stars in the business. Hell, I will go so far as to say that Taker is the biggest star on SD!

Taker & HBK are part timers and they take a loty of time off. Triple H is only away when he's injured or for a storyline.

WWE has tried to build new stars. It isn't that easy. Tried with Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Kennedy, trying really hard with CM Punk and Hardy (just to name a few). They have just had a lack of talent and should thank god that they still have the seasoned veteran like HHH to go to when things don't pan out.

If Triple H lost to some of them cleanly......

Taker & HBK are part timers and they take a loty of time off. Triple H is only away when he's injured or for a storyline.

If Triple H lost to some of them cleanly......

Why should HHH play less of a role now than he does? He is still just as good as ever! Why call it quits when you can remain on top. Just because others are venturing out doesn't mean he should. Maybe he just wants to stay in the business, who are you to say that he shouldn't?

I do agree, however, that he should start to job to some of the up and comers to build new stars. I wish he would do this more so we would have an array of stars to choose from. That is the only thing that I don't like about HHH.

Triple H would be a hell of a lot more enjoyable if he would chance something about his gimmick. He's boring and has been for the last 4 years. Raw has only gotten worse since his return. You can tell on Monday that he's completely full of himself during the promo he cut in the opening segment. I don't remember exactly what he said but it was the same tired Triple H is the best and biggest star on the face of the planet bullshit we've all heard before.

and speaking of the opening segment, did anyone else notice how loud the POP for Orton was once "Voices" started playing and he walked out? OH MY GOD. I'm fairly certain their were some soaked panties in the crowd, because my boxers got instantly wet when I saw him.

Triple H would be a hell of a lot more enjoyable if he would chance something about his gimmick. He's boring and has been for the last 4 years. Raw has only gotten worse since his return. You can tell on Monday that he's completely full of himself during the promo he cut in the opening segment. I don't remember exactly what he said but it was the same tired Triple H is the best and biggest star on the face of the planet bullshit we've all heard before.

and speaking of the opening segment, did anyone else notice how loud the POP for Orton was once "Voices" started playing and he walked out? OH MY GOD. I'm fairly certain their were some soaked panties in the crowd, because my boxers got instantly wet when I saw him.

His gimmick has worked for years. You don't change something that works. Look at HBK's gimmick or Austin or The Rock. Theirs worked, so why change it. His rant about how big he was, was a joke. I'm sure he knows that he isn't the biggest star on earth and I happen to find HHH funny.

Now about Orton. He did get a big pop when he came out. I was shocked too, however, the fact that your boxers became wet is a little troubling. Are you trying to tell us something?

Why should HHH play less of a role now than he does? He is still just as good as ever! Why call it quits when you can remain on top. Just because others are venturing out doesn't mean he should. Maybe he just wants to stay in the business, who are you to say that he shouldn't?

I do agree, however, that he should start to job to some of the up and comers to build new stars. I wish he would do this more so we would have an array of stars to choose from. That is the only thing that I don't like about HHH.

Well this is what we are talking about. Why can't Triple H do the right thing that HBK and Undertaker have done, and thats go lower in the card and help put over the younger talent and kinda take breaks from being in the main event.

Instead he doesn't really ever put any one over (my biggest example being the Hardy Wars of last year), and is constantly shoved down our throats in the main event picture. His everlasting main event spot is what pisses a lot of us off because if he is such "Huge Star" then why does he always need to main event consistently? I could see pulling an HBK and Taker and main event here and there but all the time is just not necessary.

But IMO i think Triple H honestly thinks that he is the best thing that the WWE has to offer, and when he does those arrogant promos I believe he is speaking what he actually believes. All in all the man will never be the most over star in the company, he is stale and boring as hell to watch, his in ring performance has diminished and he needs to do the right thing and get out of the main event to help younger talent (which won't happen because we are talking about Triple H)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back