Triple H To Smackdown

Okay, I am big enough to admit when I am wrong, LOL He technically got drafted to Smackdown...now lets wait and see if he ever officially joins Smackdown, or if there is going to be some screwy thing that happens to keep him on RAW anyway...

As much as I was bored with HHH on Raw, this move is terrible.

First off, look at the main event cards on Raw and Smackdown now:

Raw = Cena, Orton, HBK, Jericho (ok, good)...Batista, CM Punk, Kane, JBL, Mysterio (uh, bad, as none of these are good enough for a WWE title feud, let alone the WWE title period, so we have 4 solid main event people that have already feuded with each other for the past year).

Smackdown = HHH, Undertaker, Edge, Umaga, Jeff Hardy, Kennedy, MVP, Big Show......so we have the first three people dominating for the next year with absolutely no shot at stepping up for Umaga/Hardy/Kennedy/MVP...and Big Show most likely goes to ECW.

SECONDLY...PLEASE...PLEEAAAAASE tell me that Night of Champions doesn't go down in the following way: Batista wins the World Heavyweight Championship from Edge and Triple H retains against Cena.

First, I don't want Cena as champ for a year, so that's not any better, and I don't like HHH as champ either. But more importantly, I don't want to see Batista as champ AT ALL. Especially when they have (well, HAD) the perfect opportunity to really get a lot of heat for Edge and La Familia by having them gain all the Smackdown titles in one shot this weekend.

Now I have to root for freaking Cena to win the WWE title from Triple H so that we don't have Batista as Raw's top champ.

Yeah, my first reaction is they're doing this for shock value, but they kind of buried that with the Vince angle. It's an interesting idea, him going to SD and all, and I think it might produce better programs, in all honesty. Triple H had beaten everyone on Raw, I was getting a bit tired of the same feuds for the past 2 years..H/Orton..H/Cena..enough was enough. This and the addition of JR should help SD look like a serious brand to go alongside Raw, instead of the B team stigma surrounding it for however long. Even if he doesn't stay long term, it'll help liven up the program and give some other guys on Raw a chance to boost their status.

In my opinion the whole draft was great and I really hope Triple H stays on Smackdown, I'm very intrigued by the shake up and new fued possibilities. Undertaker, MVP, Kennedy, and especially a long term fued with Edge are all money makers.

I just want to say this one more time to those who think Triple H won't be on SmackDown, the drafting is PERMANENT. Sure, if they wanted to bail on it, they could. But that's not what they want. Triple H manned up and said he would move to SmackDown instead of Cena, and I think that should garner a little bit of respect. He finally thought of the company instead of himself, and it's gonna happen again when he drops the belt to Cena (hopefully).

Besides, if they are indeed moving Taker to Raw (which tonight was the first sign of, I couldn't believe I didn't think of it at first), Hunter and Taker won't coexist. As said before, Taker and Hunter purely don't like each other, and the two of them on the same show won't fly with either of them. WWE is shaking things up big by taking staples of brands and switching them (Taker and Cole to Raw, Triple H and JR to SD), which is the business they need to boost Raw's ratings and give a reason to watch SD when they switch to MyNetworkTV.

But this again begs the question about Jeff Hardy: what do you do with him? He's a huge, huge star at this point and has to at least be right in the title picture. With Triple H around, that's not going to happen.

And yeah, no question that was a sign about Taker's return. It did take one of my friends pointing it out for me to realize it though. ;)

Triple H to Smackdown is a Great move!! -he hasn't been on SmackDown since 2001 and He was getting way to "Stale" on Raw.-

But What be intersting if Both the WWE Title and World heavyweight Championship were both on the same show.........And The ECW title was on Raw so it can bring more attention towards the poor rating ECW...and so wrestlers like Chris Jerico or Randy orton can say "I held all 3 titles in my career. The WWE, WHW, and the ECW Titles.........and The Roster with both Championship belts can argue of whos the top dog leading into Wrestlemania 25 to become the Undistbued Champion.......?

Oh Yeah, the whole Vince Mcmahon angle is SO predictable and stupid.

But this again begs the question about Jeff Hardy: what do you do with him? He's a huge, huge star at this point and has to at least be right in the title picture. With Triple H around, that's not going to happen.

And yeah, no question that was a sign about Taker's return. It did take one of my friends pointing it out for me to realize it though. ;)

Personally, I think they can both help expand the title picture on SmackDown. I don't think Hardy is ready for the title run yet, he still has a lot of mountain left to reclimb. I expect by late this year he'll be a top contender, and I think Triple H, of all people, will eventually put him over for the belt. I think he really sees the future in Cena and Jeff, as he has been willingly putting them over for a while now.

You people really believe Triple H is gone to SmackDown!? Triple H states he doesn't work Tuesday nights and on top of that, RAW needs their WWE Champion, thus, it is likely that RAW will pull a similar scenario that allowed them to reacquire Triple H after he was drafted to SmackDown in 2004. RAW will trade two or more superstars to get Triple H lback...Guarandamnteed. Triple H is forever RAW!!! I can't see Triple H on SmackDown! I just can't.

Personally, I think they can both help expand the title picture on SmackDown. I don't think Hardy is ready for the title run yet, he still has a lot of mountain left to reclimb. I expect by late this year he'll be a top contender, and I think Triple H, of all people, will eventually put him over for the belt. I think he really sees the future in Cena and Jeff, as he has been willingly putting them over for a while now.

If he still sees Jeff as the future, man that's sad. Not to say that he's wrong, but is that really what the WWE is going to do? Put the title on a guy who can't get his life together?

If Jeff does win the title I hope he promptly loses it to Kennedy or Punk in a heel turn for either.

I don't think Triple H is going to stay on Smackdown either. Even Edge seemed more concerned about Mr. Kennedy than Triple H.

There's no way that both major titles will be on Smackdown, the B show. I doubt that Undertaker will return on RAW either, since he still has to finish his feud with Edge and Vickie.

I was really hoping Cena would be drafted in HHH's place since it's quite obvious that HHH is just going to be traded back.

Triple H is going to have to win the WHC first after losing the WWE title to Cena.

True...but he could beat Cena and keep the WWE title on SD! while Batista beats Edge and takes the WHC to Raw.

But it wouldn't surprise me if HHH (and JR for that matter) get traded back to Raw. They both looked pissed when they saw that they got drafted. But that's for another thread.

True...but he could beat Cena and keep the WWE title on SD! while Batista beats Edge and takes the WHC to Raw.

But it wouldn't surprise me if HHH (and JR for that matter) get traded back to Raw. They both looked pissed when they saw that they got drafted. But that's for another thread.

JR, yes, he indeed was pissed. He made it loud and clear that he wanted to stay on Raw, but that's not how the cards fell.

HHH, though, knew entirely that he was going to SD! and actually chose to go there over Cena. This is pretty much a known fact by now, considering he couldn't coexist with Taker when he returns to Raw.

HHH, though, knew entirely that he was going to SD! and actually chose to go there over Cena. This is pretty much a known fact by now, considering he couldn't coexist with Taker when he returns to Raw.

Ah, okay. Didn't know he knew.

And plus I read in earlier pages of this thread that HHH does care about the company, and plus he's put up and comers over in the past (Batista, Randy Orton), so now I'm not as worried. It's gonna be interesting to see where they go with him after NOC.

Of course Triple H knew. He has tremendous booking power and besides, every superstar knew because the show is scripted. They would already know exactly what's going on.

There is no way in a million years Batista will win. A Cena/Batista feud? Snore.

This is the beginning of the new Invasion angle. Someone from Raw is going to say that HHH is champ of the B show. He'll get pissed, round up a posse, and Survivor Series will have a main event where HBK turns on Raw and the new DX is formed. HHH, HBK, Hardy, Kennedy, and maybe MVP will be the new stable everyone wants. Plus, they'll have free reign on both shows, and the new evolution to feud with. HHH can turn on DX, join Evolution.

Whatever, the case, this new arrqangement at the very least spices things up, and gives possibilities for something new at the top. In years past, the draft affected the upper mid card more than the top. This draft changes the top of the card.

Triple H's move to SD is designed for 2 reasons I think. The main one is to get away from the Undertaker who is going to Raw now, and the other is to continue building up the heel credibility of Edge. Edge needs someone big to feud with after he's done with Taker and going back to the well with Cena would be seen as counterproductive.

Someone else mentioned this in another post and I was thinking about it earlier. After Edge "marries" Vickie, the two run roughshot over poor HHH. So in response, he brings back his wife Steph, the former SD GM to battle the current one while he fends off Edge.

Ok brand new here and so im reading and just have a question

Is it possible at all that HHH could play Thor in the movie as talked about and so his move to Smackdown would jus be a way to get him out of a main feud for a while?

This would clear the way for and Edge/Hardy feud.

The big question is whether HHH will put edge over.... cena, foley, batista, Taker (hbk?) have all put edge over, all of the big draws and veterans, it is going to be interesting to see if Hunter will follow suit. Also wonder if this move means y2j to the ME picture on RAW now?

I have yet to watch the show but have read what has happened and at first i must admit i thought there was no way in hell HHH would go to SD because he considers it the B show, but after thinkning about it maybe its not that surprising.

We all know he has wanted a feud with Edge for quite a while now so if he does go he will be bringing his shovel with him :) and i dont know the full details about it (having not watched it) but i wouldnt be surprised if he does have the title either taken away or lose it just so he can go to SD, beat Edge and get his number of titles won up by 1 getting ever so closer to Flairs 16 reigns.

Well holy shit...

Not that its actually gonna happen. I am roughly 110% sure that he will be traded back on Friday. I just cant see this sticking. Not that there isnt a good reason for it to. But it just wont. Its SD!, and its Triple H. I just cant fathom it sticking.

There is tons of reasons why its logical that it SHOULD stick. RAW is plenty stacked. Its not like the ratings will plummet without him. They still have Cena (which is really all they need), added Rey Rey, and have HBK and Jericho as well, and also added Batista for that matter. SD! needs more drawing power, and lost two of their biggest stars. Trips, along with Edge, will run this show now. And I would be interested in a Triple H Vs MVP feud.

One thing that proves to me that this could work, is that at this very moment, I am extremely intrigued to watch SD! this week. So I can see him get traded back for Kane, Cryme Tyme, and Maria, in the "biggest trade evah"

The big question is whether HHH will put edge over.... cena, foley, batista, Taker (hbk?) have all put edge over, all of the big draws and veterans, it is going to be interesting to see if Hunter will follow suit. Also wonder if this move means y2j to the ME picture on RAW now?

From what I understand, HHH is one of the main reasons why Edge is where he is now. He and a lot of other top bookers and writers have been impressed with him ever since he turned heel about 4 years back. I think it was the whole DX vs. Rated RKO angle that sold Trips on Edge as to him being a number one bad guy.

The thing about it is, Edge isn't exactly some schoolboy rookie HHH can just undermine at his leasure. He has been with the company for 10 years now and has literally broken his neck for the WWE. Now that they have him as a main event player and a 5 time World champion, they can't just regress him back now. Besides which, I hear Vince loves him.

So they moved HHH to Smackdown. I have not watched Smackdown much and I think that I will actually watch it on Friday! I hope that he stays there for awhile. Problem is can they actually use him because everyone would like to know if he will get the belt (and lose his current one). I think we may see him keep the belt while Edge loses his to Batista. Then it will be HHH vs Edge for the belt, of course, as for who wins only time will tell. This move should invigorate Smackdown and i hope that brings more ratings to Smackdown.

HHH will be staying on Smackdown in my opinion. Will Edge try and get Vickie to trade him back? Perhaps, but it won't happen. Either Cena or HHH had to go to SD! in the draft, and in the end, HHH took one for the team, went back on his previous statements of never wanting to work the "B-Show" and showed he cares about the business. This move makes the title picture interesting as I can see both World Titles being on SD! as much as I can see Cena defeating HHH at NOC to bring the WWE Title back to RAW.

Enough with everyone hating on HHH and saying he'll get traded back, saying the world title feuds on both brands will suck cause they can't stand anyone on the WWE roster, Vince's new injury angle is pathetic (it caught me by surprise honestly), etc. If you don't like it, just stop watching!

I was honestly shocked when HHH was drafted to SD! but it just feels like he'll get out somehow like he did before. I'd like to see HHH get really pissed on SD! and put a swap on the line for NOC with Cena, the loser going to SD! it would add extra angst to their already "personal" feud, unfortunately I don't see it happening tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back