GAB: Triple H vs. Edge

So i see edge winning at GAB but trips uses his rematch clause but still loses at summerslam after some sort of gimmick match possibly ladder or hell in a cell then the friday night following that i would love to see kennedy get into it with edge to finally push kennedy into the main event status with the revenge of edge stealing money in the bank last year i havent heard any word on undertakers return but i doubt it will be anytime soon although right now i could do without the deadman im a huge fan of him but it just doesnt seem like the right time to bring undertaker back its too soon and i really hope wwe continues shaking things up becuz its been a lot more worth watching lately especially with the push of some fresh faces

so i see one of 2 things happening....

Edge and La Familia make up at the GAB after vickie and company help edge and reveal the whole break up to be a sham.trips uses rematch at summerslam and loses in some sort of gimmick match.ladder,tlc,etc. something vickie knows edge can win in. if this scenario happens then taker goes to raw.

or...

trips beats edge and vickie brings taker back to screw edge for dumping her. trips then goes into a feud with show.and edge has one last match with taker.
trips retains at summerslam against show and taker goes over edge.taker then takes the title from triple h at unforgiven.

This match shouldn't even happen. There is no reason to use a Wrestlemania worthy main event at the Great American Bash. If I was booking there is no way I would let this match happen. I would have Vickie in her utter rage from Edge having called off the wedding take away his title shot and have him face Taker in a casket match. Then have HHH face someone like MVP, while having Hardy face either Kennedy or Kovloz at the show. That gives Smackdown 3 solid matches on the card and doesn't waste the match that I feel could have a lot more build and big time feel then what they are making out of it.

Triple H is going to have to earn his Smackdown "Street Cred" right now , and by doing that he has to to beat the bully on the block.And WWE knows the only legit way is to remove Edge's back-up and make it a one-on -one fight, thus the Vickie-Edge story.Triple H needs the win to maintain his status as a top draw right now, but they cannot sacrifice Edge's status either, so do not look for a clean finish here, with Vickie having her hand in some kind of plot, unless Edge is already one uping us(he is the ulitimate opportunitist(sp?), As for Taker, he ain't coming back to Smackdown fellas, he'll be on RAW soon enough.

Does anyone else think that the Edge-Vickie storyline is going to end with the usual "they were both in on it" scheme? Like what Kurt and Karen did a couple times? Regardless of that, HHH Vs Edge will be a great match. I'm sick of hearing people complain about HHH. He just recently got the title after not having it for 2 years. He put over Hardy, Orton, and Cena a bunch. I wish people would stop acting like they know more about "the business" than they do. Just sit back and enjoy the show. Don't worry about all of the backstage stuff. Enjoy the show. Cheer, Boo, whatever. Then you will be able to see this HHH VS Edge match for exactly what it is, an entertaining feud with A+ matches. Kloveyabye

Oh gosh, if they end the Edge/Vickie storyline with a "Nitro Swerve", I'm going to destroy my TV!! UGGGH!

Anyway, I think they're hotshotting this quickly out of the gate. I mean, this is the first time these two have gone one on one (I think), at least I know it's the first time one on one on a PPV! Plus with the rumored dissension between the two that started making the rounds a couple years ago, they could've really played off something there!

Either way should be really good, regardless!

I'm cheering for Edge!

I don't know how I truly feel about this match. Excited I guess, since I'm a HHH fan and the character Edge is the heel I love to hate. Still, for this match to be at the GAB just doesn't seem right. This is easily a match of Wrestlemania standards, because both of these men are very talented, both with in-ring and mic skills. I'm praying to see a clean finish that, either way, will eventually lead to 'Taker returning. Oh, and why does everyone keep saying 'Taker is going to Raw? Isn't something about heat between him and HHH in real life?

I don't know how I truly feel about this match. Excited I guess, since I'm a HHH fan and the character Edge is the heel I love to hate. Still, for this match to be at the GAB just doesn't seem right. This is easily a match of Wrestlemania standards, because both of these men are very talented, both with in-ring and mic skills. I'm praying to see a clean finish that, either way, will eventually lead to 'Taker returning. Oh, and why does everyone keep saying 'Taker is going to Raw? Isn't something about heat between him and HHH in real life?

Yes,but, people need to learn to put it behind them.Undertaker is in his Yard Smackdown and Triple H owed Raw for sometime both of them did what's was right for their brands.Even,If Undertaker has a problem with Triple H in real life I feel they resolved the problem.Triple H has a big ego problem and The Undertaker didn't like that Triple H was getting all the attention in the end.If,they are in the same brand will that start a feud?Knowing WWE yes because Micheal Hayes wants to see Triple vs Undertaker and he wants to see Undertaker and Triple H put what happened in the past behind them.I,myself, am a big Triple H and Undertaker fan but, I don't like the way Triple H had ego problems and plus he was married to Stephanie McMahon and Vince McMahon is the father in law in real life come on, is that fair to The phenom The Undertaker?!No, I would say it's not fair Triple H takes advantage to much of his authority and others authority too.I have a feeling Undertaker might be showing up during this match up if we see a clean finish and challenging Triple H at the against Pay Per View SummerSlam!Triple vs The Undertaker can that feud carry the ratings or what? It might or it might not you decide tell me what you think!It's still a great chance that Edge called off the Wedding because Undertaker postponed his return I have a great feeling about that.

This should be a good match I thought they would have waited for summer slam for this but I'm glad its happening i dont think edge will win this one though because without the familia i dont think he's going to stand much of a chance hopefully though he wont get squashed either

I don't think Edge will get squashed, but unfortunately I see Triple H keeping his precious WWE title. I still think a La Familia swerve is coming to where all of a sudden they help Edge is this match. Triple H retains and they have a return match at SummerSlam. The only thing that I'm not certain about is where Taker will fit into all of this. Judging by Kane's "meltdown" on RAW, Taker may be involved on the RAW side of the storylines. I'm just hoping Edge gets another title reign, as I believe he is way more entertaining that Triple H as the champion.

There are some good points in this thread. I just wanted to address those who state that this is a match not worthy of GAB, but of one of the bigger pay per views. I do agree with that, but also let's take a look at two other factors.

1. WWE often regurgitates the same main events and pay per views. Usually with a new twist or stipulation, but the same actors. So while this may be a huge main event not worthy of GAB, chances are we will also see it at summerslam. No way is this feud going to just end at GAB.

2. To be honest, GAB historically tends to be one of the stinker PPVs. I don't know how it compares to others on the basis of buyrates, but in general the show itself has been reported on this site to be disappointing at best. So why not add a match of giant caliber to breathe some life into a lower-tier pay per view? I think it's a good idea to put a match that many want to see into GAB, rather than just a minor transitional feud where you know who will win.

So to summarize, I do agree that this seems to be a big match for a smaller pay per view, but it makes sense based on increasing buy rates and the fact that WWE repeats main events on PPVs.

Straight up...you know what would be the BEST thing to do here...

Have Edge win. Straight up go over. Stand alone, badass champion. he would be like 2005/2006 Edge X10. It would be fucking sweet. And he would be SOLIDIFIED as a great, dominant heel, and be an awesome swerve. It would even be fine if Trips won it back later. Just have Edge win here. I honestly belive this is possible.

Buuuuut most likely wont happen. Trips will probably go over, and end this feud quickly, and stupidly, and just waste it. Not sure were they go afterthis. I hope for an Edge victory, or a indecisive finish, just so this feud can last a bit.

I agree that I miss the Edge that, like, won title matches more often than not. I enjoyed his run a year or so ago (the one that was ended by Cena at Unforgiven), unless I have it totally screwed in my head. Edge + Lita was okay, because then at least it was only one helper. Edge + La Familiar (which comes to a total of four, five if you count Vickie) is just extremely lame. To me, a champion shouldn't require a full on posse to win or lose a match, for god sake.

While I'm still 50% of a Triple H fan (yes, 50%. I like him, and I don't), I would prefer Edge wins here. Other than the DX/McMahon feud, I just haven't been into any HHH feuds for awhile (some older ones were okay), and Edge keeps me interested. I've always been a fan of certain heels, and I think Edge is one I've always been a fan of.

If Triple H were to finally go heel again, that would be tolerable, but seeing as how he isn't, I'd just plain ol' prefer Edge to pull out a win here, WITHOUT La Familia. Please.

Side note: The "wedding" is to be this Friday *cough* Tuesday *cough.* If Undertaker does return and break it up, what might that do to this? Make it a triple threat? Have Undertaker push Edge out of the picture, or vice versa?

No idea. Frankly, I'd actually enjoy any of the following:

Taker interrupts the wedding, and goes after Edge. It may be stale, but if they weren't playing Champ tag, I think it could be okay. Maybe Jeff Hardy decides to try for the WWE title. Jeff vs Hunter might be interesting.

Or...

Taker Vs. Edge Vs. Triple H. I know there's been a lot of 3 Threats recently, but this one would actually interest me, as opposed to ones with Batista/Cena/JBL.

I dunno. Just a few thoughts.

I think that this will be a good match. If there is a wedding then HHH will interrupt it to send a message before the Bash. I think that if Taker returns it will be at the Bash. I can see it now. La Familla is about to screw HHH out of the title when all of a sudden the lights go out and a gong sounds. Then Taker beats up La Famiila ending the match in a no contest. This way Edge HHH is saved for later. And Edge and Taker continue their feud.

It will definitely be a good match because The Game is in it. The Edge/Taker feud is getting a little boring, I'm not sure he'll be returning to SD!. Raw is a possibility. Triple H will probably be retaining against Edge.

It will definitely be a good match because The Game is in it. The Edge/Taker feud is getting a little boring, I'm not sure he'll be returning to SD!. Raw is a possibility. Triple H will probably be retaining against Edge.

I agree with almost this entire post. While I'm not a Triple H fanboy, I do enjoy watching him from time to time. He can sometimes cut some good promos and sometimes put on some good matches. I don't think he deserves all the shit everyone gives him. "Oh my god, Triple H is on. Well this automatically equals crap." For every argument you have against HHH, there's one for him, as well. So give it a rest, those who bitch.

Edge/Taker was getting a bit boring. I will agree with that. I don't think it went in the direction it should have, honestly. Edge lost his WM streak, so there's no way they can build him anywhere near Taker's streak (not like they had planned to I don't think, but still even if they wanted to it's too late now), Taker won the title, and (I think it was) four PPV title matches later... isn't around. Mmm boy. After all that, neither of them even has the title.

I really doubt Raw is in for Undertaker. I know some say he doesn't get along with HHH. That's fine. Foley and Flair didn't, but... oh wait. They actually were both on Raw, and feuded, and all that schtuff. Besides, I think Undertaker would just be a huge loss for Smackdown. They gained Triple H, Kennedy, Umaga *cough* and whatnot, but I just can't see Taker leaving. Two people he would have beef with on "his" show (HHH and Edge). It'd seem a little strange and possibly weak to have him randomly jump ship.

I also agree Triple H will probably retain, although as I said earlier, for Edge's sake, I hope not.

I tend to agree that this is a top 4 PPV quality match but how else the WWE going to sell the lower PPV's by having sub standard matches?

I hope this leads to a bigger match at Summer Slam.

About the Undertaker I think his feud with Edge is Over and He'll go to RAW.
I didn't know about HHH and Taker not getting along but regardless I think the undertaker will have less of an impact on SD! now that HHH is there.

RAW will be fresher for Taker, new feuds and possibilities.

If he did stay on SD! I think that HHH and Taker are professional enough to put on a wicked feud (they fought at Wrestlemania didn't they and it was awesome) and the 2 man power trip storyline was awesome

I see WWE pulling something huge on us. Nobody was expecting Edge to beat Underatker in the TLC match and look what happened there also nobody expected orton to retain at WM. Somehow WWE is gonna do something like get the title to taker somehow

I see La Familia getting back together wedding back on Undertaker cuts the lights at the wedding and returns at GAB to screw edge over

Undertaker is returning either next friday which will most likely be the wedding again I have a bad feeling La Familia is getting back together or he's returning at GAB setting up Taker vs Trips vs Edge at Summerslam

Like I've said before, the WWE brass have screwed up Edge's momentum in the past, by taking the title away from him 3 weeks after his shocking cash in on Cena at NYR. They cannot do it again. He is the best thing they have going right now and need to push him as thier most valuable product(no matter how much Paul Levesque will bitch about it).

If HHH is going to retain, it has to be a dusty finish. Triple H can't win this match clean if the WWE is building Edge as the credible monster heel of the company. With the wedding seemingly back on for next week, whatever circumstance will happen after the "If anyone here objects to this wedding" part will have to influence the GAB matchup.

I'm actually a little pumped for a HHH match. It has more to do with the fact that Edge has a new opponent, but still quite a change from the last six years. I only fear that this will be beaten into the ground before we even get to Summerslam.

I'm hoping Edge wins and feuds with some of Smackdown's new talent while HHH turns heel later on and takes on Undertaker when he returns. I really don't want HHH to retain as he has already feuded with the new Smackdown memebers. Only Undertaker is a fresh option for the Game.

If HHH retains. I riot.

Well, a one man sulk in my lounge doesn't really count but whatever... I expect this feud to continue until SummerSlam. Although I'd rather Edge feud with Jeff Hardy / Kennedy / Umaga / Benjamin / MVP or somebody else. He's the best think in WWE right now and he needs to be built up as a guy who can win matches on his own.

I see it as Edge loses both PPVs, he breaks up with Vicky who then gets fired, and he then has to work his way back up to the main event. Whilst Triple H squashes all challengers in his way with his mighty knee of power, even though he's basically feuded with all the new Smackdown talent...

Come on Edge!

I see it this way Triple H retains because if, you read the spoilers online it talks about Edge and Vickie getting back together when Vickie saves him from The Big Show.If your reading this you chose to read it and anyway I didn't spoil anything because people find the spoilers online anyway.I,picture it this way Edge loses to Triple because of one man would you like me to spoil it for you?Or, do you already know?Will this man return next Friday or at The Great American Bash?

After what happened tonight, I see HHH retaining. Before tonight, I was thinking the whole between Edge and Vickie was a swerve. But now that isn't the case so I see HHH retaining either by Vickie accidentally costing Edge the match or by Taker costing him the match.

Its weird. It feels like a match up of this magnitude has gotten about 20% of the build it deserves. This is huge. WAY huge. About as big as possible in WWE right now. Alpha heel Vs alpha alpha face. This is the fuckin Game Vs The rated R superstar. And the feud has been more focused on Vickies jowls than these two guys. What the fuck man.

They were just beginning to make Edge look like a threat. Not now. He and Triple H have interacted directly all of one time. Not now. They have done an epic job of totally DE building this. Im still looking forward to it, becuase it involves my two favorite wrestlers, but it should feel WAY bigger than this....

As NorCal said this match hasn't got much build up.Hell,Vickie just came out and said the bloody thing and that was it.Hell have Edge and HHH even had a confertation?I don't think so.WWE has really screwed up on this one-You have 2 of the greatest wrestlers in the modern era and you don't even build it up?Come on!

Matchwise it Should be good.It all depends on the ending-If we let HHH retain Edges momentum is dead-If La Famila interferes and Edge wins and then retains at summerslam (Highly Unlikey) then what next?Who could possibly be next?Hardy?Yeah maybe but then is he trust worthy?MVP?Not ready.Kennedy?Awful.After Summerslam the futures bleak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back