GAB: Triple H vs. Edge

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

WWE Championship Match
Triple H (c) vs. Edge

Well since Edge lost his championship to Indy punk back on RAW, I guess the most logical thing would be to go after the WWE championship on his show Smackdown. Now that Edge is not marrying Vickie and the "family" is not behind him I guess there is no way in hell Edge can win this one his own? Or could he? Nah, even if they play it like where Edge and Vickie are off and get back together so Edge can the championship, but still Edge will not win the gold. Should be a interesting match, at the end of the day Triple H will still be champion and I dont see this feud ending here either at the Bash as I fully expect this feud to carry into Summerslam in some type of gimmick match which would a classic as both Trips and Edge do well in gimmick matches. Though this is a match I am looking forward to see as this is one of those matches you thought you might not see.

Looking back at the days of the Attitude Era, with Edge being an enigma and HHH in the middle of that epic feud with the Rock over the IC title, I never could expect this to be a potentially huge match/feud. I'm excited about this match, but I wish that Summerslam could be the first match in the feud, and not be a gimmick match. I'm a traditionalist in that I think the main matches at the two big shows should be standard one on one matches. That being said, this could be a great match, as I loved what they did in the 3 way feud with Cena in 06. These two are both great, and this should be a fine match no matter what, and this should lead on to another match at another show, so overall, I'm happy with it. With Vickie as a wildcard, it makes it that much better.

I didnt know that the family had split.

I think that is a bad idea, to have Edge gifted a WWE title shot, He should be made to earn it, and have HHH beat some random jobber/ midcard guy at the GAB, while these are played out have them both interfere/attack/ambush/screw/ etc, then have them as the main event at SummerSlam, as i believe HHH and Edge is a big four PPV match and not a b-show PPV.

I think the thinking behind making this match between these two at a B-show PPV is just to have people buy it. You have a solid main event in Triple H vs Edge and the WWE can market that in hopes people will buy the Bash. Lets face it out all the rumors we hear this and maybe Jericho vs HBK will be the only matches worth seeing. People will buy Summerslam no matter what as its one of the big 4 PPV' so WWE prolly feels like they don't need to hold off of Edge vs HHH till Summerslam as the Summerslam wil see itself. Its a big name match that the WWE hopes will have people by the Bash. Though I do hope that the Family does stay out of that match as I would like to see a one-on-one match between Edge and the Game, though it seems real unlikely.

Actually now you say that, ive changed my mind a little but, if they do go ahead with the match, they SHOULD have a dusty finish, that way they can really build it up as a heated fued.

thats what i miss most in the WWE at the minute there is ONE fued worth watching outside of the Title pictures, and thats the (as you said) Y2J/HBK match, i love watching long winding fueds like the Matt Hardy vs MVP fued, you never knew what would happen next.

It'll be interesting to see how Edge fairs without La Familia. I hope they don't make him look weak though since he has been completely dependent on his faction for a long time now.

I would have expected WWE to save this kind of feud for SummerSlam. Maybe Undertaker's return is just around the corner? After all, Edge just dumped Vickie so I could see her bringing back Undertaker sometime soon.

This could be an amazing match. I'm concerned with the fact that they will probably do a repeat of this match for Summerslam. I think they have to do something different then the last program that HHH was involved in with Randy Orton, that was the single most boring feud in the history of wrestling and went on for way too long. I think the way to pull through summerslam is to get a dusty finish at the Great American Bash, probably something with vickie or something (although it would be pretty cool if they did something with Batista or MVP and had HHH take a heel turn and use the fallout from Vickie screwing Edge to push him as a face).

I think after summerslam, the way to go is to push someone like MVP or Kennedy up on the card to faceoff with HHH.

:wwf::undertaker2::flair::flair: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think Edge's faction split is just a swerve, and they'll be one big happy La Familia by GAB. Edge takes the title, Triple H uses his rematch clause at Summer Slam, and after losing that is forced to start back at the bottom of the barrell.
This is a great match to headline GAB and will guarentee many buys, as the drawing power of the Punk is still in question. These two work very well together, and as said previously the three way program with Cena in 06 is testament too that. Looking forward to the many Triple H/Edge promos that will follow this match, and tag-team spinoffs.

After all, Edge just dumped Vickie so I could see her bringing back Undertaker sometime soon.

Wow, didn't even consider that. Maybe Taker interferes in the match leading to Triple H/Edge/Taker at Summer Slam..? That tops the Triple H/Edge match for sure. Then they could play Triple H and Taker off of eachother while Edge's sits back and laughs; title on shoulder.
I really thought Taker would end up on Raw though, so this thought throws off all of my theories.
Well done WWE.. You're getting my $40 this month.

Wow, didn't even consider that. Maybe Taker interferes in the match leading to Triple H/Edge/Taker at Summer Slam..? That tops the Triple H/Edge match for sure. Then they could play Triple H and Taker off of eachother while Edge's sits back and laughs; title on shoulder.
I really thought Taker would end up on Raw though, so this thought throws off all of my theories.
Well done WWE.. You're getting my $40 this month.

Hold a second,if Edge just dumped Vickie what does Vickie have to gain?The way I see it nothing at all.Maybe, Vickie might just as well bring back The Undertaker but, I doubt it.I see The Undertaker going to Raw to win the World Title from CM Punk or who ever has the Title.To, tell you the truth I would rather see The Undertaker with the World Title then CM Punk why you ask? The Undertaker for one is a decent wrestler,and he has great mic skills that he doesn't use often because his character doesn't talk much which you all have noticed.Anyway,I would love The Undertaker to go back to The Bad ass Undertaker with the motorcycle those were the days.He beat mostly everyone that challenged him and talked a lot of trash back in the day.You remember all the matches Undertaker had in the past and how many people can you say he put over in the last decade and a half?Look at the list:
1991 Survivor Series ~ WWF Title ~ Hulk Hogan ~
1991 Tuesday Texas ~ WWF Title ~ Hulk Hogan
1994 Summerslam ~ One Fall ~ "Undertaker" Brian Lee
1994 Survivor Series ~ Casket ~ Yokozuna
1996 In Your House: Buried Alive ~ Buried Alive ~ Mankind ~
1997 In Your House: Final Four ~ Final Four WWF Title ~ Hart, Austin & Vader ~
Wrestlemania XIII ~ No DQ WWF Title ~ "Psycho" Sid ~
1997 In Your House: Taker’s Revenge ~ WWF Title ~ Mankind ~
1997 In Your House: Cold Day in Hell ~ WWF Title ~ Steve Austin ~
1997 King of the Ring ~ WWF Title ~ Faarooq ~
1997 Summerslam ~ WWF Title ~ Bret "the Hitman" Hart ~
1997 In Your House: Ground Zero ~ One Fall ~ Shawn Michaels ~
1997 In Your House: Badd Blood ~ Hell in a Cell ~ Shawn Michaels ~
1998 Fully Loaded ~ Tag-Team Titles ~ Kane & Mankind ~
1998 Summerslam ~ WWF Title ~ Steve Austin ~
1998 In Your House: Rock Bottom ~ Buried Alive ~ Steve Austin ~
1999 Over the Edge ~ WWF Title ~ Steve Austin ~
1999 Fully Loaded ~ First Blood WWF Title ~ Steve Austin ~
2000 King of the Ring ~ 6-Man Tag Team, WWF Title ~ Triple H, Shane & Vince ~
2000 Unforgiven ~ Fatal Four WWF Title ~ Rock, Benoit & Kane ~
2001 Backlash ~ WWF/Inter/Tag Team Titles ~ Steve Austin & Triple H ~
2001 Judgment Day ~ No Holds Bar WWF Title ~ Steve Austin ~
2002 Judgment Day ~ WWE Undisputed Title ~ "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan ~
2002 King of the Ring ~ WWE Undisputed Title ~ Triple H ~
2002 Vengeance ~ Triple Threat WWE Undisputed Title ~ The Rock & Kurt Angle ~
2002 Unforgiven ~ WWE Title ~ Brock Lesnar ~
2002 No Mercy ~ Hell in the Cell WWE Title ~ Brock Lesnar ~
2003 No Mercy ~ Biker Chain WWE Title ~ Brock Lesnar ~

I see Edge taking over Vickie's General Manager spot if not, then I have a feeling Vince might get rid of her who knows it could happen "never say never".

I think this will be a great match. Edge isnt with La Familiar anymore and that might mean he is going back to his old way's. Where he can win matche's without anybody's help. I hope this last's longer then just the one PPV I think it has alot of potential. Edge should come out on top in a cople more PPV's but not this one. Edge deserve's the title he is the best wrestler on smackdown, yes even with triple H there now. I would love to see these guy's have the three stage's of hell with a TLC match Edges speacialty. a Hell in a cell, triple H's. and a hardcore match. I am really glad that edge has split from la famila he has the chance once more to shine the brighest.

i strongly believe that this match will be a good match maybe not great but a good match to atleast make the fans happy. NOW with that being said i believe 2 things will happen

1. triple h will retain the belt continuing the feud with edge into summerslam

or 2. edge will win the belt at GAB but the undertaker will return setting up a edge vs taker for the belt at summerslam with taker winning

I will give WWE credit for this one. There are so many possible scenarios that could happen in this match. This matchup sounds like a true toss-up. I really don't know who is going to win.

Now about The Undertaker, I have come up with these possible scenarios:

1) He could pack up and go back to RAW.
2) Edge and Vickie could reconcile and have the wedding, with The Undertaker crashing the ceremony.
3) If there is still no wedding, Vickie could reinstate him to get revenge on Edge.
4) He could return at the Bash, interfere in the match, allowing HHH to retain.

These are scenarios, not spoilers.

THE DEAD WILL RISE AGAIN!

I am suprised to see this match take place at the Great American Match, as I thought we were in store for the final match of the Edge/Undertaker feud. I am obviously looking forward to this match but I'm not expecting this to be the match of the night.

I really thought they would have saved this match for Summerslam which I would have preferred. Anyway, I am expecting Triple H to retain as I really dont see the point of putting the belt on Edge, again. But for some reason, I get the feeling we wont see a clean finish so I am expecting Edge to get disqualified which will lead to a rematch at Summerslam next month.

So my prediction is Triple H to win by DQ.

I'm not in the slightest bit intrested in this. Triple H is boring, and he'll drag Edge down to that level. In one way I'm surprised this is happening so soon. It's a pretty major match. Yet it's been made with little hype. These two haven't faced each other in a big match before. And yet here they are, on a ''B'' show. You would have thought they'd at least wait until Summer Slam. They could have put it off saying Edge didn't want to get a bruised face for his wedding, or some shit like that. Saying he'd challenge at a later date.

But then again, with Edge losing it's the obvious match. The Punk match will be more intresting, even if it doesn't deliver match wise.

Triple H and Edge both need to pull a JBL and move out of the title picture for a while. Give guys like Hardy (either one), YOUMANGA, Carlito (yeah, long shot), MVP, Kennedy or even Shelton a chance to move up the ladder. Seems to me Kennedy has some unresolved issues with Edge anyhow.

If Matt ever dropped the US title, I think a Hardy vs Hardy for the SD! title would be quite entertaining.

That said, it's obvious the outcome....so, Triple H wins.

I too think the whole breakup between Edge and Vickie is a swerve. It just happened so fast and was far too conveniant for me to swallow. There are so many different possibilities to what type of swerve it is. Is it to trick HHH into thinking La Familia is dead? Is it to cover up the arrival of La Familia's newest member at GAB? Is the reason Edge dumped Vickie because he has aligned himself with other partners in crime, who will announce themselves at GAB? Is this the way the Undertaker is brought back to get his revenge on Edge?

I really liked that WZ columnists idea of Edge marrying Linda McMahon. Could you imagine how big a heel he would be if he became Shane and Stephanie's step-father? That would open up a whole new world of blood feuds for him. Shane avenging his fathers honour. HHH avenging his wifes honour. Then Vince out for revenge on Edge at WM 25.

That being said, I really do hope it's just Edge vs. Trips at GAB. This week on SD, the bipolar, borderline psychotic Edge made a triumphant return. The same one who beat down Benoit and put Foley through a flaming table at WM 22. I hope it is a sign of WWE making Edge a more aggresive and threatning heel.

At Great American Bash it is likely that Triple H will successfully defend his title against Edge. Hopefully however this will not be the case at SummeSlam and Edge will win the title.
WWE is much more watchable with Edge as Champion, whereas Triple H makes WWE programming boring. Triple H has held WWE world titles too many times and has been in the main event spots for far too long. Hopefully his current WWE World Title reign will be his last ever and he will drop down to Tag Team level or US Championship level. He needs to enter a new area as the man, his character and wrestling ability have become boring and predictable beyond belief.

It's a swerve to be certain, but the sheer fact that the WWE is willing to give up Edge vs. Triple H, one of the few big money matches that we haven't seen before, on a B pay per view, is very very disheartening. This is what begins to piss me off with the WWE. This match is a Wrestlemania quality match, or hell, even Summerslam. You're telling me that the WWE is going to rush to get buy rates with this match at the Great American Bash, it's crap in my opinion.

I pray that Edge wins, but I doubt he will. Something tells me that if this match is happening now, then the WWE has it's eye on Jeff Hardy in the main event on the Smackdown side of things at Wrestlemania, grrr.

It's a swerve to be certain, but the sheer fact that the WWE is willing to give up Edge vs. Triple H, one of the few big money matches that we haven't seen before, on a B pay per view, is very very disheartening. This is what begins to piss me off with the WWE. This match is a Wrestlemania quality match, or hell, even Summerslam. You're telling me that the WWE is going to rush to get buy rates with this match at the Great American Bash, it's crap in my opinion.

I pray that Edge wins, but I doubt he will. Something tells me that if this match is happening now, then the WWE has it's eye on Jeff Hardy in the main event on the Smackdown side of things at Wrestlemania, grrr.

I understand your concern Shock, but this match I believe is just the "firestarter" match as I call them. It is the match that serves the purpose of progressing into the next phase of Edge's storyline. I have no doubt that the match itsef will be a dusty finish. It will either be the reason for the breakup or the repercussions of it that will affect the outcome of this match.

Edge is as valuable to the WWE right now as oil is to the west, and I think Vince and even HHH know it. He and his antics bring in ratings and PPV buys, and they have to get as much hate out of him as possible. I think Edge is about to go into legendary status as a heel. Weather it's against the returning Undertaker, continued wfeud with HHH or some other story angle we don''t know about/

Don't worry about Edge. He will be a main even player for some time to come.

This is a tease, especially to me. No way a match of this caliber is happening at the Great American Bash. And if it does, it won't go in the favor of Edge short of some massive fluke. I just can't see it happening.

On Smackdown the other night, Edge told Vickie Guerrero that the wedding was off, and that ended the show. Leading up to that point, Vickie blamed Edge for losing his Championship and started throwing around words like "I'm your boss" and "I never gave you permission to do that." Edge's single reply to her that will surely change the way this match goes.. "I'm the real General Manager, without me you'd still be fetching T. Long coffee."

With that being said, I'm anticipating Vickie to come out on Smackdown next week, and telling Edge that he'll have to earn his shot.. against The Big Show. At which point, Big Show will take Edge's spot. I'm almost sure of this.

The only way Edge goes on, is if Vickie and Edge "make-up" and it results in Edge winning the Championship from Triple H., only to drop it to the Undertaker.

Really looking forward to this match. I have been waiting for it for a long time. As a huge fan of both Edge and Triple H this is one of my dream matches. I personally don't see this having a decisive finish to it. It will end up in a DQ or something. Then culminate at either Summerslam or Unforgiven. With the possibility of either a Ladder Match or a Hell In A Cell to end this fued. Either way I am very excited.

If Triple H hurts my Edge, I will kill him. I don't see a title change, not at the Great American Bash, the C level Pay Per View for the WWE. I see WWE making Edge look weak against Triple H, and having Triple H outsmart him. Edge will lead most of the match, he will hit the spear on Triple H, HHH will kick out, and hit the Pedigree. Edge wont win until at least SummerSlam, maybe Survivor Series. Edge needs to have the belt, and feud with MVP, Kennedy, Carlito, not have Triple H look like God.

If Triple H hurts my Edge, I will kill him. I don't see a title change, not at the Great American Bash, the C level Pay Per View for the WWE. I see WWE making Edge look weak against Triple H, and having Triple H outsmart him. Edge will lead most of the match, he will hit the spear on Triple H, HHH will kick out, and hit the Pedigree. Edge wont win until at least SummerSlam, maybe Survivor Series. Edge needs to have the belt, and feud with MVP, Kennedy, Carlito, not have Triple H look like God.

Aww, how sweet, lol. Don't worry, HHH can never just squash Edge. If that happened, then every fan would know it's HHH using his politics to make himself look like a wrestling diety at the expense of a guy who has, quite honestly, shown him up in the last 5 months.

Plus, I'm sure Adam Copeland has earned enough respect from the brass not to just let Trips steamroll him behind the scenes.

how crazy would that be if taker did interfere but he inadvertantly screwed hhh out of the title and edge picks up the win. the lights go out, taker appears and sees trips...they have a staredown and they exchange rights and lefts, taker chokeslams trips...in comes edge and spears taker and pins triple h. imagine the heat on edge after that WOW that would be kinda hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back