• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GAB: Triple H vs. Edge

Something smells fishy.

I doubt that the WWE is stupid enough to have a potentially great feud such as HHH vs Edge to be so poorly built up. I think that Triple H will ruin Vicki and Edge's wedding next week on SmackDown(It will more then likely happen) and at the GAB Vicki will punish Triple H by having THE GREAT KHALI replace Edge in the match. The stipulation of course being if Khali wins he gives the title to Edge, but Triple H will conquer the giant and the REAL feud begins between Edge and Triple H which will probably culminate at SummerSlam or even Survivor Series.

If this is the case then I am not looking forward to the GAB one bit, if HHH vs Edge isn't the last match on the card, then I am pretty sure the Khali thing will happen since they wouldn't possibly have Khali in a Main Event and have the fans feel screwed out of their money.

Seeing how Edge and Vickie is re-united, I expect Edge to win at Summerslam. A+ Pay-Per-Views are a lot more successful where a face is trying to beat the odds and win a championship against a heel. In the Attidute Era, it always worked with babyfaces/stables and it also worked with Randy Orton's recent WWE Championship reign. WWE screwed it up, where they had John Cena as champion "to overcome the odds" while the heels had nothing to lose. So if the WWE was smart, they would have Edge win the title at GAB then have Trips win at SS in a clean match with a possible Taker return.

I am surprised that this match has gotten almost ZERO build up at all. It's quite possibly the biggest match right now since it's never been done before. Yet there is no build up and it's on a crappy PPV. There has to be some kind of swerve here, and it's clearly not La Familia suddenly reuniting anymore since the wedding is back on.

This feud is obviously going to continue until Summer Slam at least. There's no way WWE would throw away such a money match on a "C" PPV. Either Edge wins thanks to a Vickie screw job or Edge wins via DQ and doesn't get the belt. If Triple H gets clean win over Edge it'll destroy any momentum Edge has built up and I will be uber pissed at HHH for burying the best heel right now.

It just seems like you can not have a decent heel vs face match anymore for the gold. As has been stated before in the thread you have arguable the biggest heel in the business Edge taking on the biggest face on Smackdown Triple H for the WWE Championship and yet there has hardly been no build at all. I can see Triple H interfering in the wedding and Edge and Vickie dont get married. Possibly at the Bash, Edge could win though now I am starting to more and more think he wil not due to the no build and I just dont think trips ready to lose the strap yet. Anything can happen if Triple H interferes in the wedding and if a Khali thing does happen then I will be disgusted and sick.

Though I think what they might do is have Triple H run the gauntlet Where he faces Khali, Big show and then maybe Chavo, Bam or hawkings and Rider and then if he survive she faces Edge for the WWE Championship. I think that could happen but I hope not I just want to see Trips vs Edge like they had Cena vs Trips at NOC.

I Guess the build up for the no.1 face in the WWE vs. the no.1 Heel in the company hasn't had that much of a bulid up for the GAB because this fued will most likely be played all the way through Unforgiven in September.

I think this fued is like Ol' school Triple H=heel Vs. Nu School Triple H=Face. Edge sharing a lot of similarites that Triple H once had, marrying the bosses daughter, using a special weapon to win matches, and of course always useing somebody to get to the top. All Edge needs now is to form a cooler more rebel-like stable and then he will be Triple H's eligatmate son.
However, this will be a great historic fued between the two, I hope that Triple H puts over Edge for the belt. -Who hasn't the Game defeated and if Triple H wins whos left for him? The Undertaker? Big Show? The Great Khali?- C'mon! Then Wut.

Damn! dont I sould like a HHH hater.?

I think that this could be such a good way to go into summerslam and make it a memorable one. I think that they could make GAB very interesting in two ways.

First have HHH send a message at the wedding. This will make it so Edge and Vickie really let it go on HHH add some stipulation, La Famillia whatever. Have edge take it and let the feud go. But this time make it not just HHH give him some back up maybe Kenndy or someone to help him take on this horrible management going on on smackdown. Then lead you into a kennedy vs trips feud after summerslam.

Second is same thing but at GAB have undertaker come in and help HHH allowing him to retain, have Edge Furious, and then just have Undertaker announce hes going to RAW since there is no one to say that he can't rejoin due to no GM. That would be sick!

This should be awesome to watch, if this match gets played out without outside interference (which probably won't happen). I agree that there hasn't been alot of buildup for this match, but hopefully they do something big on SD! to bring attention to it. I'm not really sure who will win as it could go either way. Edge wins with interference or loses cleanly, or La Familia costs Edge the match for not going through with the wedding(that is if he has a change of heart at the alter, but I see an intereference there instead). I think the most sense would be to have Edge win and then HHH take the belt back at a bigger PPV like SummerSlam.

I doubt HHH will lose the belt at the Bash. It just wouldnt make sense, he would be made to look weak if lost the belt on his first SD! ppv. I think he's going to run the show for awhile, especially since theyre trying to build the show's ratings up. If the Undertaker returns to SD! then I see him getting into a memorable feud with HHH (I hope this happens). If not, then I see Edge defeating HHH eventually down the road, but definitely not now.

I think HHH will win this I'm a fan of edge and with the familia with him again it will be a good match. It will probably seem like edge is going to pick up the win but i doubt HHH will lose to edge so soon.

First of all, why is everyone saying that this is the first time that HHH and Edge have wrestled each other? In 2005 when HHH was the World Heavyweight Championsip he wrestled Edge for the gold on the February 7, 2005 edition of RAW in Japan, back when they were both heels. I JUST HAD TO CLEAR THAT UP! Anyway I do not think it would make sense to have Triple H lose the title so soon and have Edge win it because out of his 5 World Title reigns, his longest lasted for only 3.5 months. So Triple H should retain against Edge and if Undertaker does return at GAB, he should continue the feud with Edge with no World Title in the way and after a while Undertaker should become a heel and challenge Triple H for the WWE Championship and Edge should just go somewhere.

Well, judging by the Smackdown results, Vickie is going to do something to keep Edge from winning the title. Perhaps she will bring back the Undertaker to get revenge on Edge. I could imagine Vickie making out with the Undertaker to make Edge jealous.

Well, judging by the Smackdown results, Vickie is going to do something to keep Edge from winning the title. Perhaps she will bring back the Undertaker to get revenge on Edge. I could imagine Vickie making out with the Undertaker to make Edge jealous.

LoL!
Thats funny, but that won't happen! It's not in Takers character, whether he comes back as the American Badass or not.
But, now that I have read the spoilers, I see Vickie bringing back the Undertaker to continue his fued with Edge at SummerSlam and there after.
I think he may be brought back at TGAB to screw Edge outta the title and face Edge at SS in HIAC or something like that.

I think at this point, we have no idea what is going to happen at the Bash until it happens. First the wedding is off, then they are back together. They finally get married but HHH looks to have ruined the marrige with his "gift". Is it just me or do the writers seem to be playing this story by ear.

As for the macth, there are many angles. I still don't think Edge will lose clean if he does lose. If they are going to keep him from winning the title, it have to be a way that doesn't kill Edge's momentum he has now. A scorned Vickie screwing her loving husband at the Bash is still the most likely scenario, or maybe the videotape evidence could end up being a rouse orchestrated by the happy couple to make HHH think he has the upper hand heading into the GAB.

Given the lack of buildup for this match, I am almost positive it is because some extra curricular event will happen during the contest. The match itslef is being treated as a sideshow, meaning that the storyline of Edge and Vickie is what you need to know about heading into the Bash.

I for one hope to God it isn't the case where HHH will squash Edge in a clean match. If that happens, it will be pretty damn obvious that it is another example of good old Paul Levesque making sure another top star in the WWE learns his place by jobbing to the almighty McMahon's son in law. Don't think so? Remember he already tried it with Edge once a few years ago and thankfully Adam Copeland stood up to him.

Triple H isn't losing the title no time soon so there's no way Edge will win the title at GAB. No matter if Takers interefere of Hunter just demolishes him but HHH might not lose the belt until maybe Wrestlemania.

Well Triple H will retain no doubt. After the way Smackdown played out, the outcome greatly favours HHH. Now not only does Edge not have La Familia to help him, but La Familia is actually going to try to screw him out of the title. So my prediction is that the match will end in a No Contest, leading to HHH to retaining the title.

That will lead to the rematch at Summerslam that in my opinion Edge will win. The only reason I believe that will happen is so that the feud can keep on running.

As for the match itself. It should be very good. I'm still pissed at the WWE for fucking up a 'Mania quality match up. This match got no build up. :disappointed:

Another title match without a proper feud or build.:disappointed: Yet this match should close the show. No way HHH won’t be in the main event and he also won’t be dropping the title after being so recently drafted to Smackdown. This match is little more than a backdrop to the Edge-Vicki storyline. With the way Smackdown ended, Edge will have his mind elsewhere and I see Vickie costing Edge the match to prove how much he needs her and screwed up.

Well there you have it. The almighty HHH buries yet another quality heel thanks to his backstage clout. All that work Edge did to build Smackdown up obviously means shit to guys like Paul Levesque and Vince McMahon. HHH only cares about his own ass.

Well there you have it. The almighty HHH buries yet another quality heel thanks to his backstage clout. All that work Edge did to build Smackdown up obviously means shit to guys like Paul Levesque and Vince McMahon. HHH only cares about his own ass.

I wouldn't say that at all. Edge looked rather dominant for the majority of the match. HHH only got the win off the distraction after Edge speared Vickie. They could still extend this feud to SummerSlam.

The ending was odd though. Vickie attacks Alicia instead of Edge and then Edge seemingly tried to spear Alicia? I'd like to see where this storyline goes.

I wouldn't say that at all. Edge looked rather dominant for the majority of the match. HHH only got the win off the distraction after Edge speared Vickie. They could still extend this feud to SummerSlam.

The ending was odd though. Vickie attacks Alicia instead of Edge and then Edge seemingly tried to spear Alicia? I'd like to see where this storyline goes.

I suppose you're right. Looking back on it, Edge really did look like the better man for the majority of the match and it was Alicia Fox and Vickie coming down to the ring that cost him in the end.

I guess it doesn't make much sense for HHH to lose his title at a C level PPV anyway. If he is going to put Edge over, it should be at a bigger event like a Summerslam, which I do believe is one that Edge still has yet to lose in. I guess I was just mad because tonight looked like as the ECW fans used to chant, the "same old shit".

Really starting to hate Triple HHH. Rather have had Colin Delaney win the wwe championship than him. Whyd they have to put him on smackdown? All he does is drink up all the water and spit it out like 3 times. Triple HHH has really gotten boring. He does same moves after same moves. Edge should still have the WHC and Triple HHH should still be on raw. Too bad stephanie didnt divorce Paul and get an abortion.than Triple HHH would be jobbing to Funaki.

Why are people so mad? Edge wasn't made to look weak or buried at all, he was stronger then the game throught the match. Triple H only captilized when Edge wasn't paying attention. Besides, I doubt this is the last time this two meet. Triple H just can't catch a break.:icon_smile:

This match was shit. Laborious. boring. everyone in the house I was at was fighting slipping into pizza coma. We had an over one minute leg scissors spot here. I mean, this honestly never seemed to pick up at any time. Just very plodding and uninspired. Its hard to evaluate or make a post on this thing, just becuase it was so vanilla and bland, and just nothing stood out about it. A huge disappointment, pretty much instantly forgettable, and had a very unimaginative finish as well.

The match wasn't that bad, NorCal. One of the best matches of the night. Granted that doesn't mean a lot, but yeah. This is just the beginning, therefore I didn't expect it to be amazing anyway. The end of the feud will be great. I cannot imagine it not to be, with 2 people as great as Edge and Triple H involved.

It's a new feud. A good one. Kudos to WWE for thinking it up and using it.

The addition of Vickie and Wedding planner girl (Does she even have a name?) is interesting. Shows how personal the feud has gotten, which is really good. It add depths to the matches, gets more people involved, and makes people care about the ending more.

The match wasn't that bad, NorCal. One of the best matches of the night. Granted that doesn't mean a lot, but yeah. This is just the beginning, therefore I didn't expect it to be amazing anyway. The end of the feud will be great. I cannot imagine it not to be, with 2 people as great as Edge and Triple H involved.

I think NorCal was eluding more to the fact that the match had nothing to it. It was just two guys going at it, without any type of heat. Since there was next to no build for this match, it was just viewed as a heel v. a face. Regardless of the amount of talent either had, it made little sense as to them fighting.. so it made the match boring, because all they did was "wrestle."

It's a new feud. A good one. Kudos to WWE for thinking it up and using it.

It's a feud that's been thought up for a long time. It's just I believe Edge wanted away from it, because he didn't wanna get buried by Triple H. last year, or whenever it was originally brought up.

At least the way the Bash match went, Edge was strong throughout and Triple H. had next to no offense.. then Vickie screwed Edge, somewhat, and that's what lead to his downfall. So he didn't get squashed or steam-rolled by H.H.H., even though he still lost.

The addition of Vickie and Wedding planner girl (Does she even have a name?) is interesting.

Alicia Fox. :disappointed: And I thought you read and remembered my reviews.

Shows how personal the feud has gotten, which is really good. It add depths to the matches, gets more people involved, and makes people care about the ending more.

I think the personal issues are more with Edge & Vickie, and that has nothing to do with Triple H., other than him being a "pawn" used in their war. That's not fun for Triple H. v. Edge, that's fun for Edge v. Vickie.

How was it not that bad?? Please direct me to this. I gave about 4 or 5 reasons it sucked. And it did. And these are my two favorite wrestlers for goodness sakes. I was fucking embarassed. What did they do, seriously?? Nothing. Was the crowd hot?? Not in the least. And the wedding planner girls name is alicia fox. JR made a point to say it roughly 800 times when Vickie came out. There was zero intrigue to the finish, zero doubt at any point trips was in trouble. Just a means to an end is all the match was. boring. not worth 40$. Punk-Batista owned this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back