The Castle NorCal Experience

JGlass

Unregistered User
As many of you know, I was fortunate enough to spend a weekend at NorCal's home this weekend. It's no secret that NorCal has a mighty reputation around these forums, and is envied by many, respected by all. I've been fortunate enough to be friends with NorCal for about a year now, and I'm happy to say I consider him to be one of my best friends, and I'm here to tell you that a weekend with NorCal is pretty much everything you'd expect it to be... minus the naked women running around his living room. There was also much more napping than I expected, but was totally okay with.

The trip started with him picking me up at the train station. I didn't have to jump into the moving car as predicted, but the ride back to his house did include driving the wrong way down a one way street.

We got to La Casa de NorCal a little before midnight, and we stayed up until 4 watching wrestling matches and the HBK/Bret Hart documentary, where we agreed Shawn Michaels is a legendary tool and Bret Hart is too big of a mark for the business. It was this night that I learned that the 10 man tag match at Canadian Stampede is one of the best matches ever, and not just because of the insane reaction it got.

The following day saw us get breakfast at Waffle House (my first time at a Waffle House), stock up on soda and candy for the show, and headed back to NorCal's house. We chilled for a while, played some WWE 12, and then he went off to take a nap while I watched the Devils game. I wound up falling asleep too, because his couch is unbelievably comfortable. It wound up hosting three naps and two full night's of sleep.

By the time NorCal got up the Devils had just lost, and it was time to make the preparations. He went the most roundabout way of ordering the PPV (Verizon was being a bitch), and we got a giant pizza and 25 chicken wings from Buffalo Wild Wings.

We got back, killed a few minutes by watching something on Netflix (I don't even remember what it was now), and soon the PPV began. It was the most fun I've ever had watching a PPV, and also probably the most I've eaten in about 5 years. Normally NorCal and I shoot texts back and forth during wrestling shows, so it was nice to finally be able to joke around and talk wrasslin' face to face. We both agreed that Sheamus probably wrestled his best match ever at Extreme Rules, and that the Cena/Lesnar match was made better due to the fact Lesnar went flying over the top rope.

We went to bed pretty shortly after the show was over and a good discussion was had about the various matches.

I spent the following day napping and watching the rest of Season 1 of Game of Thrones while NorCal was at work. He got back fairly early in the day, and we got some delicious burgers, watched a few documentaries on Netflix and then watched Raw, which was very enjoyable and we had many laughs over some silly things.

Then he drove me to the train station I went back home. It sounds like a pretty plain weekend in terms of what we did, but I can't emphasize enough how many lulz and good conversations about Game of Thrones was had.

More importantly, I learned a lot, and I even made a list...

1) Every flat surface can serve as a table or shelf.
2) When you're a man living on your own, you don't need a kitchen table. Or chairs for that matter.
3) Black people ruin IHOP on Sunday mornings.
4) Turkey Jerky is delicious.
5) There is no set guidelines to determine whether a match is good or bad. Most of the times they just are or are not.
6) Perry Saturn used to be un-fucking-believable in the ring.
7) The Terminator is El Terminacío in Spanish.
8) Probably a lot more shit that I just can't remember right now.

And NorCal learned things too...

1) How to torrent stuff.

As you can see, the exchange of ideas was something out of Barbosa's Ivory Tower.

It was an amazing time, and I'm hoping I can return the favor up in Boston one day in the distant future when he gets back from his trip to the desert.

I envision a montage of all these happenings while the lyrics, "People let me tell you bout my best friend, he's the one, he's a warm hearted person who'll love me till the end," repeatedly play in the background. That 70's Show style.

It's distinctly unfair that NorCal and I were born continents apart, though I'm not sure my frail English body could survive the experience.

Im kind of disappointed there were no naked chicks. You would think he had some stashed in the closet for emergencies....

I wish I had an e-friend normal/close enough to hang with.

I don't, though. I suppose I'll stick to those with whom I'm already familiar. Boring, I know.

Good to hear you boys had fun.

1) Every flat surface can serve as a table or shelf.
2) When you're a man living on your own, you don't need a kitchen table. Or chairs for that matter.
3) Black people ruin IHOP on Sunday mornings.
4) Turkey Jerky is delicious.
5) There is no set guidelines to determine whether a match is good or bad. Most of the times they just are or are not.
6) Perry Saturn used to be un-fucking-believable in the ring.
7) The Terminator is El Terminacío in Spanish.
8) Probably a lot more shit that I just can't remember right now.

And NorCal learned things too...

1) How to torrent stuff.

Firstly, its ironic all this mention of the lack of concubine. I was actually in talks with a member of the roster who wanted to make a stop in and "make her feel pretty for an hour" before I take my leave, in 18(?) days. I considered it heavily....but young Jglassius rode the iron horse for hours just to come hang out. I would not be distracted be such things.

1. It was damn sure effective, was it not?
2. To think, people have the nerve to question me on this. What the fuck would I do with one? sit at it by myself? Practicality is the name of the game around here. it would just be more shit some poor sap would have to move if I get killed. Tables and chairs are things for house husbands, tamed men. Not I.
3. Among various other things. as true a statement as was made all weekend.
4. Correct. I wish I had more left over to share with you. next time, as I now know your affinity for such things.
5. damn right
6. see above.
7. El Terminatio. I enjoyed that documentary immensely.
8. yes

1. thats a fucking lie. I still have no damn idea what you did. Thankfully, few things are as criminally difficult to find to buy. So I likely wont be needing it ever again.

I never had a table and chairs until I had kids. Why the fuck would anyone question that? I needed all the room available in my kitchen to practice moon-walking on the linoleum in my socks.

From what I've read here, we have the same apartment. Us and every other single adult male.

Tables are worthless, and open space should be filled with empty cups and so forth. Space isn't there for nothing.

I can only dream of D-Man someday letting me sleep in his bathroom toilet. He'd probably spend his time mentoring me about WWE and whacking me with a ruler on the forehead if I said something wrong.

Im still amazed you are real. The stories shared about Norcal are what myths and legends are made of.

You could have always had her bring a freind for JGlass. Im sure he would have liked a lady to share the couch with after a long journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back