One of the weirdest things you'll experience

latino World order

Dang it Bobby
Filming yourself while you sleep.
Due to films like Paranormal activities I always have wanted to film my self sleep, not to capture ghosts or something stupid like that. Just to see what I am like, as I wake up in some weird positions.

- Videos saved as .Mp4 only take around 500mb for 6 hours of footage.
- You can set up a schedule, my webcam was fine in the dark but if you can't get a decent picture you can schedule it to start recording in the early hours of the morning when the sun is setting.
- It works.

http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html

The settings are pretty much all default except I recorded it as an .Mp4 instead of the default AVI.

I set up my microphone for which I used my Band Hero microphone which is actually really good and I had clear audio as well, which can be important for later on.

I hit record and went to sleep.

I woke up with around six hours of footage, it only took around 500mb and I started watching it. IT IS SO FREAKY.
Seriously watching your self toss and turn, sit bolt up right and re-position the blanket as if you were awake is so fucking scary. I deleted it as soon as I had watched it as it really is scary. I even curled up into a ball at one point and nearly fell off the bed! I also snore REALLY loudly.

Put the video into a video editing software and then look at the audio line, look for peaks in the audio and skip to those moments as this is most likely to be something interesting, be it you tossing and turning or even getting up and walking.

A friend of mine did this and kept a portion of the freakiest part of his video.
[YOUTUBE]J0_Vh7D18M4[/YOUTUBE]

Good luck!

That is both creepy and fascinating at the same time. I actually experience a sleep disorder known as Sleep Paralysis Disorder on occasion. It's where my mind is is awake before my body. I am acutely aware of my surroundings yet am powerless to move my limbs,fingers etc. It can even be difficult to breathe. It sometimes feels like the sensation (or lack thereof) can last minutes and can be quite frightening. I'm not quite sure if vision is full, partial or imagined. Sometimes I can feel it just before it is about to come on.

I've looked this up online a few times and have found a few bits on it. It is also related to lucid dreaming whereby one is aware they are dreaming and can sometimes even 'control' their dreams, for want of a better word! Inception shit indeed!!!

Does anyone else suffer from/ experience anything like this?

That is both creepy and fascinating at the same time. I actually experience a sleep disorder known as Sleep Paralysis Disorder on occasion. It's where my mind is is awake before my body. I am acutely aware of my surroundings yet am powerless to move my limbs,fingers etc. It can even be difficult to breathe. It sometimes feels like the sensation (or lack thereof) can last minutes and can be quite frightening. I'm not quite sure if vision is full, partial or imagined. Sometimes I can feel it just before it is about to come on.

Does anyone else suffer from/ experience anything like this?

Dude, that happened to me once like 5 years ago and It was fucking terrifying. I woke up laying in the bed, but when i tried to sit up nothing happened. i just layed there for about 2 minutes, completely awake and aware (and freaking the fuck out in my head the entire time) but unable to do anything besides breathe. Waking up and thinking i was paralyzed might have been the scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thank god that was only a one time thing (so far), because if that happened with any consistency that would be terrible. i feel so bad for you... that sux!

Originally posted by bigandpissed
Dude, that happened to me once like 5 years ago and It was fucking terrifying. I woke up laying in the bed, but when i tried to sit up nothing happened. i just layed there for about 2 minutes, completely awake and aware (and freaking the fuck out in my head the entire time) but unable to do anything besides breathe. Waking up and thinking i was paralyzed might have been the scariest thing that ever happened to me.

Big, Did you try to shout or call out to anyone when it happened to you all those years ago? Because when it happened me the first few times I tried calling out and nothing happened. Nowadays, i dont even try to fight it because its inevitable once it starts. Its extremely uncomfortable!!

Here's what the ever reliable Wikipedia has to say on the matter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I've also just discovered this one.

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1740

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back