WEIRDEST SHIT

Via Armbar

Has a pretty good dick.
Umm...apparently Michael McGillicutty has debuted a new theme sometime recently? I haven't caught a lot of wrasslin' lately but this is what I hear. And apparently it's done by a band I was in years ago. I'm not joking. They're my buddies, the band is called Reluctant Hero. They aren't...great. Good enough to be used as a wrestlers theme it seems.

[YOUTUBE]NZ01GnlTr6Q[/YOUTUBE]

And here's the video to the song, it was shot outside of Vegas for like $3000. I had nothing to do with the band at this point other than being a supporter and helping with shit like merch sales and filming this.

[YOUTUBE]IcLKkoxHYq4[/YOUTUBE]

It's going to be weird hearing one of my best friends on my weekly wrestling shows. He's just super bummed it's McGillicutty's theme. I don't like the song really but the pre-chorus is kinda catchy. I'm not even sure if this really fits as a wrestlers theme anyhow.

I should have stayed in the band rather than leaving when they decided to write Christian emo pop punk stuff. I'd be drinking martinis with Vince and shooting the shit with Austin by next week.

Yeah, the pre-chorus is pretty awesome, but as soon as the lyrics hit I lost interest, which is sort of reflects how I feel about McGillicutty's career.

It would completely change everything about the song if the singer would stop singing through his fucking nose. Holy shit... he sounds like the singer from Simple Plan hit puberty.

It would completely change everything about the song if the singer would stop singing through his fucking nose. Holy shit... he sounds like the singer from Simple Plan hit puberty.

Tyler is a cool dude but holy shit man...his singing is so annoying. He can stay on pitch but it's ALL nasally. Honestly they just have a really good manager and promoter resulting in a pretty decent following up the west coast. They really love God.

Tyler is a cool dude but holy shit man...his singing is so annoying. He can stay on pitch but it's ALL nasally. Honestly they just have a really good manager and promoter resulting in a pretty decent following up the west coast. They really love God.

I feel like that totally negates the motivations for being in a band, which are A) getting laid, B) getting high, and C) getting paid.

I had August burns red playing and I legit had to turn to The Acacia strain to clense my ears after hearing that shit. I would rather just be a fan of the Wwe then get in that way.

I feel like that totally negates the motivations for being in a band, which are A) getting laid, B) getting high, and C) getting paid.

All of this is major parts of why I left the band. Not that I didn't want any of those things because obviously I did. The fact that they pandered to churches and claim to be straight edge Christian rockers yet did ALL of those things didn't sit well with me. The red headed dude Caleb is the only one I dislike, biggest hypocrite. Mostly I just left because the music was bad though.

You can improve with time, they have somewhat tallent. Nothing special, but with more pratice they could have been good other than the singer. It sucks that you can't be sipping drinks with Vince, but If you wern't happy then you did what's best.

Yeah, just awful.

Ironic how making a chick scream "Oh, God!!" after a gig in a Christian rock band isn't considered to be blasphemy.

The most talented dudes in the band (the lead guitarist, bassist and drummer) are all out of the band. They've all started their own shit and all of it is better than this. Their biggest break besides this was playing Warped Tour last year which isn't that hard to do if you have a good manager.

Technically it wasn't even this incarnation of dudes I made any sort of music with so my hands are clean of the mess. Uninteresting fact: The first band I was ever in was called Hybrid Moments and we were a Misfits cover band. Terrible stuff.

The most talented dudes in the band (the lead guitarist, bassist and drummer) are all out of the band. They've all started their own shit and all of it is better than this. Their biggest break besides this was playing Warped Tour last year which isn't that hard to do if you have a good manager.

Technically it wasn't even this incarnation of dudes I made any sort of music with so my hands are clean of the mess. Uninteresting fact: The first band I was ever in was called Hybrid Moments and we were a Misfits cover band. Terrible stuff.

I never understood why anyone ever liked the Misfits. Such awful, awful music came out of them. And fuck Danzig.

Most of the time, the good talent always leaves the band for better stuff. That's how great bands are made; good members from other bands find each other and come together to create a better all-around sound. It's very rare when you have a crappy member of a really good, album selling, rock band these days.

I never understood why anyone ever liked the Misfits. Such awful, awful music came out of them. And fuck Danzig.

I will stab you in the neck with a butterknife. Believe it. I believe you've also stated that you like some horrible ass nu-metal and generic radio rock bands. So there.

Most of the time, the good talent always leaves the band for better stuff. That's how great bands are made; good members from other bands find each other and come together to create a better all-around sound. It's very rare when you have a crappy member of a really good, album selling, rock band these days.

90% of radio rock is bad. Just horrible and if the music they put out is any indication of the depth of their talent then I would say that there are plenty of crappy yet successful musicians out there. True talent can always prevail but there is some garbage music out there. I always get a laugh when a band breaks up and the lesser known/less important members go on to start a way better project than the other more popular dudes from the band. Example:

[YOUTUBE]XMANR-wrg7o[/YOUTUBE]

The Damned Things feature members of Antrax (meh), Every Time I Die (fucking awesome) and Fall Out Boy (guilty pleasure for sure, don't hate). I wouldn't say this band is better than Every Time I Die and definitely not as big as Anthrax or Fall Out Boy but with the projects that the other members of those bands started...the less popular dudes win this one.

There's some bands that everyone loves that I've never dug though. Never really liked Red Hot Chili Peppers besides maybe a song or two. Dragonforce was big for a while but I always thought they were extremely overrated. Throw in NIN, Journey, Nirvana, Jimmi Henrix with that group. There may be a song here or there I like from them but I would never buy an album.

I'll agree with Dragonforce and RHCP. I've met Flea a few different times and found him to be a chill guy, but still...I loathe the Peppers. Also, I loathe Bob Marley...which all of my stoner friends just can not fathom.

I do like Sublime, though, so color me mainstream.

There's some bands that everyone loves that I've never dug though. Never really liked Red Hot Chili Peppers besides maybe a song or two. Dragonforce was big for a while but I always thought they were extremely overrated. Throw in NIN, Journey, Nirvana, Jimmi Henrix with that group. There may be a song here or there I like from them but I would never buy an album.

I agree. Saving NIN. Love that band. The others are dead on, though....

I can't stand Bob Marley. If I want to listen to an artist whose songs all sound the same I'll listen to...well a lot of stuff I guess. 2006-current metalcore all sounds the same to me. Some of the bands are good but blend together....Job For a Cowboy, Acacia Strain, Winds of Plague, Suicide Silence and so on. Good but not anything grand.

DirtyJosé;3469564 said:
I'll agree with Dragonforce and RHCP. I've met Flea a few different times and found him to be a chill guy, but still...I loathe the Peppers. Also, I loathe Bob Marley...which all of my stoner friends just can not fathom.

I do like Sublime, though, so color me mainstream.

You don't like Red Hot Chili Peppers or Bob Marley? Well how about you just go and fuck yourself then?

Only kidding of course. But still, you make me sick to my stomach.

The only band I've ever been in was a Misfits cover band too lol. We were called Return of the Fly though. I'll bet you we were far worse than your band, I started learning to play the bass not even two months before we started the band and my buddy had only been playing guitar for about a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back