The **ALL NEW** Complaint Thread - Infraction Complaints Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Vee Dub Represent,

You have received an infraction at WrestleZone Forums.

Reason: Spamming
-------
please explain your posts
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=417064
Quote:
Inanimate Carbon Rod.... lightweight, sturdy, famous. The ultimate weapon!!
All the best,
WrestleZone Forums

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with that quote... i stated my opinion, gave an explanation to support my opinion. That is pretty much what I got out of the spamming rules. If you guys want me to write an essay on my opinion, then fine. You dont have to make me out to be some jackass who is messing up threads or something. I was just trying to throw a little humor into the discussion. Apparently I will no longer do so.

Dude all I asked you to do was give a little more detail with your post, as it was written with very little depth at all. You weren't asked to write an essay, just a few short points on why you thought said weapon was the ultimate weapon. You instead wrote a couple of words without explaining any of the meaning behind them, your post was vague that added little or nothing to the discussion and you were given an infraction for it.

I love the inanimate carbon rod joke! Great Simpsons reference!

But bro, the humor wasn't the reason for the infraction. Outside the spam zone, you need a bit more depth. Nothing major, and it's not a big deal. When was the inanimate carbon rod used in pro wrestling where you felt it was particularly effective?

I got the infraction directly after a particularily shitty phone call so I was a little heated at the time. Greedy ass Univ. wants to charge me a 60 dollar locker fee when our wing doesnt even have lockers. Thats why i was bitchy at first., but its all good, I had to know, because really I dont want to get banned and i have seen people dissappear all the time, so I didnt know if the next time was the last time or how that works! So thanks for explaining it to me bud. Ill take the advice.

Most people hate Punk because they think it's what smart fans are supposed to do because Meltzer/Alvarez said so.

I received an infraction for this comment with the reason that it was spam,it was explained by a fellow member on MSN that you get an infraction if you only type one sentence...I was never made aware of this and on another forum I'm on (and have been a member of for nearly 3 years) they have never given me warnings for a brief but to the point answer so why is it so on here?

I received an infraction for this comment with the reason that it was spam,it was explained by a fellow member on MSN that you get an infraction if you only type one sentence...I was never made aware of this and on another forum I'm on (and have been a member of for nearly 3 years) they have never given me warnings for a brief but to the point answer so why is it so on here?

Because you didn't give any reasons. You just stated that and didn't give your opinion on why you believe so.

It's 1 point, that's basically a warning. It takes only up until three until a week ban. You've made good posts. You'll be fine.

Yep. Also, rules are different from site to site. Ours have been tweaked to encourage in-depth discussion, to answer your second question.

You already admitted it was spamming, so why complain? The issue of if the other poster got and Infraction or not is nothing to concern you. He also didn't attack you, he said he didn't give a fuck about your opinion which to be honest isn't against any rules, while some may say it's Flame Baiting there really isn't anything wrong with it... he also backed up his point.

I got an infraction after posting in a thread entitled "when are you told old for wrestling?" - http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=416063#post416063
I simply said that I was 31, still into wrestling, had loads of tshirts and even a replica belt. How is that spamming? I read the rules and it doesn't say that you need to write more than one sentence - it says that your post must be related to the thread and mine obviously was.
Also, if you're worried about spamming or pointless posts clogging up the site how come you allow quotes in signatures (most of which are pointless and usually not about wrestling) which take up loads of space?

I don't think you're very encouraging to new board members, after all, it's just a forum about wrestling. Lighten up.

Look at the other Posts in that Thread, look how much detail others went into. Thats what you need to do, only a few sentences, your post added nothing to the discussion and was therefore spam. It's the rules and it's how this site is run currently if you dont like it the best thing you can do is add more to your posts or not post at all.

I got three of these "infractions" after posting one post which asked about my favorite albums of the '90s so I wrote the band names and album names, another post which asked my favorite movies and I simply replied and listed my movies and another one for replying to a thread about Tomko in the TNA section where I wrote that I was impressed with him and suggested that him and Kevin Nash team up and win the tag team titles. I was told I was "spamming" and banned for 8 days. Ridiculous.

you were banned for seven. Listing is classified as spamming. You have to give reasons for what you post outside of the Barroom and the Live Discussion and Spam zone.

How is it considered spamming when I'm listing my favorite movies, musicians, etc. in threads that ask you to list them? I don't understand that at all.

How is it considered spamming when I'm listing my favorite movies, musicians, etc. in threads that ask you to list them? I don't understand that at all.

List them with reasons. Just listing adds nothing to the thread or any further debate, what the thread wants is for you to list them with reasons for each choice on the list. You didn't do that so you got an infraction for it.

For future posting remember to state why you like them and not just list them.

What Section? What was the name? It was probably merged into another thread or Archived possibly deleted. But it would probably be Merged with a similar topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back