Summerslam 2011 - CM Punk vs John Cena - WWE Championship w/ HHH as Special Ref

a few friends and myself were pretty livid at how the WWE Title match ended. we didn't see the point in all the build up to this huge match and then a super cheap victory like that. we were left feeling a bit underwhelmed but i looked at the clock and said that it was only 1045. something else is going to go down. right after Punk had his hand raised by HHH the next shot showed a little bit of the far ring corner and you could see the baracade and i saw someone going over the side. i yelled for everyone to check it out but they cut to Punk posing. i was waiting for a crowd reaction but it never came so i just assumed it was some dumbass kid trying to make a break for stardom but damn as soon as i saw long hair in the ring, i knew it was Nash. now just Kevin Nash alone brings so many angles to this storyline and the fact that the ending to the match was meh only allows for the angle to be built as a Triple Threat between Del Rio, Punk and Cena. i'd enjoy the hell out of that match at NOC. the Kevin Nash thing has my heading spinning though. Stephanie involved? Vince involved? a New, and albeit overdone storyline, invasion? so many directions this could go. so considering how over the place WWE put me in the last 15 minutes leaves me feeling very excited for Raw. I'm hoping it delivers. about a C+ PPV WWE.

RAW tommorow has Rey vs the New Champion. Been building it as Cena/Punk...but now its ADR.
Storyline allows for Punk to hate on someone beside Cena/HHH. Punk will go after ADR as an ongoing storyline. HHH will have to be cdoncerned about Nash and what else could happen. Cena will go to the back burner for a few weeks, but still popping his head up evey now and again

Just because HHH acted like he didnt know what was going on, doesnt mean he is not involved. Could have just been playing dumb, only to later reveal he was in on it the entire time. I have to believe Punk will tie HHH and Nash together on this, and the triple threat at NOC seems like a good bet, but again there is title match tmrw, which could make it a fatal 4 way between Rio, Cena, Punk and Mysterio.

I highly doubt Cena goes on the back burner. I see a Klique story line coming. Cena ADR Punk at NOC. Although I'd like to see Punk work with Nash too

I've been wrong about elements of this feud several times already, but I still believe if there was ever a time to turn Cena heel, this is it. A turn has been discussed for months but there never seemed to be a cogent reason for it happening.

Now, there are a few reasons. If Cena wanted to rail against Triple H's inserting himself as referee, he would be correct to do so since a trained ref presumably wouldn't have missed the "foot on the rope" ending. Even more, though, I could see Cena turning bad in objection to so many people embracing C.M. Punk, even though Punk is still functioning essentially as a heel. Imagine the promos these two guys could come up with as they solidify their new personae.

That could all change now. Punk might turn good and Cena might turn bad.....all the elements are in place.

As for Del Rio, who knows? I can't see him as anything more than a transitional champion. He could lose the title tonight.....or he could hold off both Cena and Punk for months. I had been predicting that Del Rio wouldn't get the belt last night, but now that he has, I'm sure Creative has a new direction in mind for the three guys involved.

Great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back