Money in the Bank - WWE Champion John Cena vs. CM Punk

Im think that, if Punk is really leaving, that i doubt they will let him take their top championship away. So that means that imo Cena will win, however, im sensing that their might be another take in the montreal screwjob chapter. Being that Vince wont let Punk leave with the championship, unless there is a whole storyline sorted out.

What's interesting is the fact that Vince and the WWE have allowed Punk to say what he has said. Like I mean some of the stuff such as Colt Cabana, Luke Gallows and ROH/NJPW. Im sure Vince would not have allowed that to go forth without something going on in the background.

For some reason I have always had a feeling that Vince is working on something big within Pro Wrestling. That does not necceserily have to be a partnership with another promotion. That does not have to mean the re-signing of Colt Cabana (although I believe he has signed) it can simply mean Vince has done something that involves Punk as a figure.

The outcome of the match? Its simple for me either Cena or the Mitb winner will win. Punk will not win as much as people hope and are believing will occur. Unless Vince and Punk are together. The only thing I would like to see happening is Punk kayfabe leaving returning with a bunch of ROH guys (Cabana, Kings of Wrestling and hey even throw in Paul Heyman as their manager) and causing chaos.

I think Punk would have to win...It's in his home town and right now I think he's more face than Cena is...I don't know if that make sense...but he is like the anti-hero. That being said, I will explain my out there sort of finish. What happens if Punk does win? How do we know if the MITB winner will cash in anyway? We don't even know the order of the matches do we? If Punk vs Cena is before the MITB matches then no one cash in but you would have to think this is the main event though, wouldn't you?

This match is going to be the bomb! I really hope that Punk doesnt leave WWE forever though :(

Most likely Cena will probably win and MITB winner will cash in. It's going to be Del Rio vs Cena at SS, I can just see it happening.

I want the "FUCK YOU CENA! CM PUNK!" Chants tonight people, just to make sure.

So as obvious as I make it, I want and pray that CM Punk wins tonight. If he doesn't, I'll start a fucking riot in my own living room. I also want Vince McMahon to strut out to the Ring and say the two words we've been waiting for him to say all week to John Cena, which are "YOU'RE FIRED!" & here's how I see it all going down.

CM Punk beats Cena tonight. Somehow, whether it be screwjob, with help or clean. McMahon comes down and fires Punk, but Punk changes his mind and says he won't leave. The next night on Raw, they do one of 2 things. Cena has "bought" a ticket to Raw and manages to jump the Barrier & take out Punk or another face comes out and does it for him. We then see the MiTB winner come down and cash in on Punk to become the new WWE Champion. Either way, we saw Punk become WWE Champion & see Cena get fired, so it makes me happy.

But Punk to win tonight.

The build for this match has been phenomenal. The promos and segments for this feud have been great. Every promo and segment for this feud has been filled with tension, and Vince's presence has added an extra spark to this feud.

Picking the winner for this one is kind of tricky. WWE already went down the "John Cena has been fired" road before, so could they really revisit the same storyline again? Punk could win the WWE Championship, but would he be the victim of a MITB cash-in afterwards? I could see this happening, and a moment like this could provide a nice shocking moment. Although, I think I'm going to have to go with Cena here. I can't believe WWE would go down the fire Cena route again. Cena retaining might not please everybody, and to tell you the truth, it would feel kind of disappointing. I think we're all expecting something shocking and amazing tonight. The build has felt epic, and Punk's shoot style promo surprised us all. But I think Cena will walk out of Chicago with the belt, because when you stop and think about it, Cena remaining the champion is the most logical option here.

As far as the match goes, I am expecting something great here. Cena and Punk have already wrestled each other in a few very good matches on Raw in the past, so they should be able to deliver something memorable here, and I wouldn't be surprised if this one became a MOTY candidate. Also, the crowd atmosphere should be insane tonight. Cena should receive a venomous reaction from Punk's home crowd, and the Chicago fans will try their the best to make Cena's life a living hell.

The match cannot live up to the feud. Now that we have that out of the way.....

I have no idea how this one turns out. Cena wins clean? Punk wins clean? Money in the Bank winner cashes in on whoever wins? Who knows.

However, it's hard for me to imagine Cena losing clean. I have a feeling WWE (Vince) is all about making Cena look as strong as ever heading into Mania. Maybe that's just the smark in me, dreaming up the worst idea possible, but, that's how I feel.

If I had a gun to my head (which I don't), I would say Punk beats Cena, dirty, and loses the title about 30 seconds later to the MITB winner. That, or Punk loses to the MITB winner tomorrow night, during some sort of Farewell Address deal. We'll see.

Getting your hopes up, too high, probably isn't the best idea. Anything short of Austin/Hart at WM13 will most likely be a disappointment, given the hype. Don't fall into that trap, people.

I'm not sure why, but I don't buy the MitB winner cashing in. If Punk wins and the MitB winner comes out, why wouldn't Punk just wave and leave through the crowd?

After Cena's tweet last night, I am expecting something big. Could be a Cena heel turn, probably not, but I don't think Punk is leaving either way. As far the MitB winners go, I think it's more likely that Christian beats Orton only for him to lose to the SD MitB winner setting up a triple threat at Summerslam, rather than Punk losing to the RAW MitB winner.

Tonight is going to be epic and I cannot wait.

The crowd is gonna be hot and the atmosphere will be hostile as hell. The match will be pretty good I will imagine. Not a classic but we`ve come to expect from Cena and Punk. But the focus is not entirely on the match. It`s on the story surrounding it and what the outcome will be.

I have so many different scenarios floating aorund in my head that could or could not happen. An MITB cash in is likely but that`s the one thing I don`t see happening tonight. A Cena heel turn is part of a scenario that I`ve though of but it`s been thrown around to many times and I don`t think it will happen. I see Vince getting involved somehow but I don`t how.

Whatever happens I salute WWE for peaking my interest as much as they have with this storyline. This is some of the best stuff they`ve cranked out since Nexus debuted. I can`t wait to see what happens.

Unfortunately here is my prediction for tonights match. Cena vs Punk will be the 2nd last match "official" match on the card. Punk wins, the crowd goes wild, the IWC blows up huge.

but wait for it... The raw MITB ladder match is the "official" last match on the card. Earlier in the night someone like Evan Bourne gets injured in the backstage area, leaving a spot open for someone else. That someone else of course turns out to be John Cena, he then wins the MITB and calls out Punk right away and gets a quick victory to regain the Championship.

What I hope DOES NOT happen is this:

Punk wins the title, Vince calls down the first MITB winner. Punk pins him. Vince calls down the second MITB winner. Punk pins him. Vince tells his "doofus" son in law to come down. HHH pins Punk. HHH new champion.

Not only would it bury both MITB winners, HHH would have won back the title the SAME WAY that Hogan did at WM 8 after the Bret Hart/Yokozuna match.

Im literally shaking....YES!!!! This is the best ending to any ppv i have ever seen!

Thank you John Cena....Thank you

Im so excited.....Oh god, 10/10

It was a slow match full of botches and supposed injuries....I dont care!

Im still trying to calm myself. This was just amazing. The match was slow but evolved into a slobberknocker.

Bittersweet... CM Punk just locked me up tight with that match, and he runs out of the arena apparently done. Total work, but I finally saw what everyone was talking about when they mark out for Punk.

I apologize for post considered spam. But that was great, back and forth, and I'm dying to see Raw tomorrow. And I was finally impressed by CM Punk, the work he put together with Cena, the drama and all of that.

What a fantastic match! The finish was shocking, and great. So, Punk is now gone, nobody know's whats gonna hapen tommorrow night on RAW, and this is gonna be good.

That was a great back and forth battle between Punk and Cena, Vince's involvment was good, Punk leaving, and Cena's probably taking some time off.

I'm saying this proud. Thank You WWE.

Please remember this is a no-spam thread. Spam posts will be given an Infraction. Please review the WZ Rules on what we consider spam.

Wow, this show was really good and took me for a ride and what a great way to end it... this angle has plenty of legs after they way that match was booked!

Yes , sorry Sly. Just a little bit overwhelmed with what just happened.

I thought it was actually a decent match as well, and it wasn't an extended beatdown, it was back and forth.

Wow. Just... wow. What a PPV. What a match. What an ending.

Straight from a God damn fairy tale.

Congrats CM Punk and kudos to the WWE for FINALLY doing something innovative and unpredictable. Best $45 I've ever spent.

RAW: Tune in. Will we see CM Punk? Won't we? Who knows. No one thought we'd make it this far - at least not seriously. But what do you know? CM Punk is the WWE Champion and Cena is, apparently, "fired."

Thank you Vince and thank you all of creative. They claim what the fans want doesn't matter. Money In The Bank proved otherwise. It was a fanboy's dream from start to finish. Can they keep it up? Probably not. The people will always want more and more. But heck, thinking outside the box and finally shaking things up is what the product has so desperately needed.

What do you mean Punk's gone? He so isn't. The dude resigned, 100%. Didn't he?

And oh, I missed the PPV except for the Punk match and holy jumping shit balls! To say that I loved every second of it would be quite an understatement. What a fucking match and a great finish.

Wow, what a match, perfectly paced, great sequences, both men pulling out things we've never seen before, both using their strengths to their fullest and proving that neither of them have many weaknesses. Cena detractors have to give the former champ credit for putting on a very different match tonight and Punk detractors have to give the new champ credit for not only looking like he was a World Title contender, but like he was totally in Cena's league. A ****3/4 match as far as I'm concerned.

Going forward... it's anyone's guess as to what will happen. McMahon is a man of his word, so I suspect Cena will be fired, but maybe Vince will attempt to humiliate John instead? Will Cena feel the backlash of the WWE locker room as his fellow wrestlers feel like he let them down? Everything is up in the air, but one thing is for sure... this is not the last we've seen of CM Punk. Not even a little.

I think John is gonna turn heel tomorrow night on Raw, who knows? Look at the way people had been booing him the last couple of weeks ( in his hometown, and tonight in Chicago ). This could be a great heel turn for John.

An absolute terrific match. Punk really got the best out of Cena. Cena was using a much bigger moveset for this match, which really helped the match a lot. Also amazing selling by both of them, especially Cena. No superman comeback really lol.

5 star match, imo MOTY.

Unbelievably well done, finally listening to the people and telling a great story. Yeah there were some botches but thats ok, it was still better than the main event of Wrestlemania. Kudos to everyone involved pulling off a masterpiece. Cant wait for Raw tomorrow !!!

I can't even type right now. What an EPIC match. WHAT AN EPIC FREAKING MATCH! I was actually impressed with Cena. I mean blown away impressed. CM Punk though??? He has to a freakin' A-Lister right now in the WWE. The match was superb. I'm not going to even lie there was a few botches but who cares!!!

That's what I lived for back in the day! Main events and matches where you couldn't even call it! Not what we've been seeing with Cena constantly winning. I couldn't figure out who would win honestly. I tip my hat off to both of them. An amazing job, quite frankly the whole MITB was excellent. This has been the best PPV in a long freakin time.

Congratulations CM Punk well deserve my man. Well deserved. I've been gaining interest in this guy for months and this past month he just blew the fuck up!

Right now I'm like wtf is going to happen next? Not a surprise when Vince actually gets involved shit gets hot.

This was one of the best matches I've ever seen. The emotion, intensity, crowd involvement, story around it, this is what wrestling is all about. When you feel so emotionally exausted after watching a match, that you don't have any word's to say.

The match itself was back and forth, told a terrific story, crowd was immensly involved in it, and both guy's delivered. I think Punk and Cena has some of the best chemistry in the business today, and this match showed it.

Congradulation's to CM Punk winning the WWE Champion, and the WWE for making the next RAW unpredictable. Is Cena fired? What happen's to the WWE Championship? What is Vince going to do? Where is CM Punk going to go? People rag about the WWE and saying that their predictable, or boring. My friend's, WWE has just said "up your's," WWE has done something that is gonna make fan's invested, and wanna see what happen's next.

That was incredible im so inspired by it i want to be a pro wrestler now lol...The crowd was red hot the match and the counters were epic. Cena stopping vince from ringing the bell showed what kind of guy cena is...so i doubt he will turn heel. Cm punk is the hottest thing in the wrestling industry right now hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back