Summerslam 2011 - CM Punk vs John Cena - WWE Championship w/ HHH as Special Ref

A good enough addition with the special ref, if we are speaking logically, and from a star power standpoint....For what is supposed to be the second biggest show of the year.

That said, I dont see how it adds much to the quality of the match, but will do well to fill out the angle with Trips and Punk. So instead of a blowoff, we get a glorified RAW segment. Oh well.

I think they'll do something totally unexpected. Maybe HHH's plan all along is it doesn't matter who wins between Cena and Punk, both of them fucking up the title picture (in kayfabe land) is bad for business. So, after the match he clobbers them both, ADR comes down, HHH, still the reff, quick counts it. Then on Raw, Miz beats ADR after taking Mysterio's spot. Then you have a real clusterfuck. Punk, Cena, ADR, and Mysterio all feel they deserve a shot. You can milk all sorts of angles out of that.

So then Cena never loses face as a good guy, Punk never loses face as a cult figure, Miz is back in the main event, and we don't have to deal with this "who needs the belt" shit between Punk and Cena.

Otherwise I really don't know. It can go so many different ways and I'm sure no matter which way they go a majority of people on here will bitch about it. All I know is that I'm excited for the match and have no idea what's going to happen.

This match could go either way. Triple H in the mix gives anyone who loses the match an excuse.

Since there are rumors going around about a Punk-HHH feud leading to a Survivor Series match, I dare say I would give the nod to Cena in this one. ... unfortunately.

But even if Punk wins this match, I highly doubt this match will be anywhere near as epic as their first encounter at Money in the Bank. The energy there was just magical. You can't simply recreate moments like that.

Actually this match really intrigues me. With Triple H as the special guest referee there are many ways of how the match will go down. I would like CM Punk to win, so that his popularity will still grow, but I have a feeling that Cena will win.

People forget about Del Rio though. I think that he will cash in his Money In The Bank contract on the winner of that match. If Cena wins, this will start a Del Rio vs Cena fued, something that the WWE wanted to do at Summerslam in the first place.

One thing is for sure. Those two guys will have another very good match, much like it was at Money In The Bank.

People forget about Del Rio though. I think that he will cash in his Money In The Bank contract on the winner of that match.

You could be right, but I think this would be a mistake by WWE if they do it. We've been intrigued by what has quickly become an epic feud between Punk and Cena; one that I've presumed won't end tomorrow night, no matter which one wins the match.

To go through all this only to turn on RAW Monday night and find out that Del Rio is holding the belt would be a huge disappointment. Huge!

IMO, the Cena-Punk feud has tons of mileage left before they move on. I like Del Rio, but he isn't in their league as a top star; no one is.

Don't do it, WWE!

Very interesting match. I get off wondering how HHH will be involved. Will he "screw" Cena or Punk? Will he officiate this match impartially? I really have no idea, and have no idea where the storyline is going. I am certain, however, that this will be wildly entertaining like there previous match.

The one that everyone is talking about. While certainly not the "biggest Summerslam main event in history" that they are trying to bill it as, heck it's not even bigger than last year's epic elimination match, but it is definitely a huge match and deserves to go on last. Punk needs the win here. Cena is a future legend at this point no matter what he does. For Punk to go over here would be great for him momentum as well as for WWE coming one step closer to having a new top guy. Punk will likely win because he has more to gain from a win and can use the win to fuel the fire for another epic promo th next night on Raw. Trips as guest ref has me wondering if anyone is turning heel or getting screwed out of a good match finish....

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
CM Punk will win the Undisputed WWE Championship.

This match is very unpredictable ,and there are several possible outcomes. But here is what I think will happen..

Triple H calls the match down the middle for the first 20-25 minutes , but then Cm Punk hits the Gts on Cena ,Cena kicks out at the last second and Punk argues with HHH about his officiating. Cena picks Punk up for a AA and Cena covers him ,HHH makes a fast count and Cena becomes new wwe champ . Johnny Ace then runs to the ring and tries to celebrate with Cena and HHH , but Cena complains to Triple H that he wanted to win the match fairly,etc. John Cena then leaves the ring in disgust to end the show.

I really wanted cena to turn heel at summerslam but i don't think it will happen because next month, cena has a movie coming out called fred the movie 2 in which it is filmed by nickelodeon so cena won't turn heel due to the fact the fred movie 2 is a kids movie so it wouldn't be right to do that because of the kids who watch nickelodeon and the reception will not be good for the movie what so ever because of the kids will be confused and possibly won't watch that movie if cena is heel. Last year every one thought cena was turning heel last year at this time but i knew it won't happen due to the fact he was on a episode of hannah montana forever so it won't happen.

If you look at how everyone involved in this match is booked (HHH as the new boss, but still "part of the problem" that Punk talked about; Cena, the good guy stuck in the sketchy situation; Punk the rebel conspiracy theorist), I can see the match going to Cena because of fast count shenanigans. It keeps Punk in the mix because he can legitimately say that he was screwed again, thereby turning HHH heel, but keeping Cena and Punk right where they're at. Cena can act disgusted, then on the way to the stage he turns around to salute the crowd, he gets jumped by the Rock.

EDIT: Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that Cena wins. Remember that HHH had an issue with the way Punk won. If HHH fast counts and Cena wins, then that actually enhances Punk's character because he would have been proven right- the entire match was a conspiracy to get the title off of Punk. There are so many ways to go with Punk after that (HHH- Punk = McMahon - Austin) that I'm damn near 100% sure that he WON'T win tonight.

Triple H as the special guest referee definitely adds an interesting dynamic to this match. HHH is the COO, and he says he will call everything right down the middle, but does he really want CM Punk as the Undisputed WWE Champion? HHH's character is trying to take the WWE in a new direction, so would he really want an outspoken rebel as the face of the company? This is something I've been thinking about, because Cena is the perfect choice as the face of the company. With all that said, I think HHH will call everything right down the middle. I don't think his character will display any heel traits just yet, and the focus should be on Cena and Punk here. Also, I don't think a Del Rio cash in will happen tonight. Punk VS Cena is too big for that. This has been a major feud, and a Del Rio cash in would feel odd here.

This should be an excellent match, because these two have already proven they can deliver something great in the ring. I'm picking Punk to win, because I think he needs this more than Cena. John has already main evented three Wrestlemanias, he's been the top guy for years, and he has won his fair share of gold. A loss won't hurt Cena, but I don't think the same thing can be said about Punk. He's riding a massive wave of momentum right now. This is a big time match, and a clean loss would kill Punk's momentum swing.

This match is so unpredictable and anything can happen,Triple-H being the ref adds a intresting dynamic to the match but sadly i think Cena Will win this.From what happen on RAW when Cena and Triple-H were in the ring looking at Punk i think Triple-H will screw Punk out of the match which will probly set-up there match for Survivor Serious.Me Personally wanted Cena to turn Heel at Summerslam but the more i think about it the less the possibility of it happening,this match should be great and it was reported yesterday that the Cena Vs Punk match will go the distance tonight and is rumored as a One Match Show.I hope that WWE dont ruin this match with a shit ending or Del Rio Cashing in his MITB.If Del rio does i will be realy disapointed because it just kills the steam of the Cena Punk Fued.But im looking foward to it.

I have a feeling HHH will make this about him more then anything else. The line on TV about "Im the referee, which means Ill do any damn thing I please", worries me. Forget MITB, that was about the belt and Punk leaving with it. This is about unifying the WWE title, and determining who the best is. I think Punk needs, and will win this match. I am a humungous Cena fan, hes been my favorite wrestler since I started watching again in 2005. But as much as I mark out for Cena, which my wife never fails to laugh at me for, I want to see Punk win here.

Everything goes back to the status quo if Cena wins, and it doesn't benefit Punk in the slightest. Im hoping Im wrong about HHH making himself the major attraction of the show, and Cena propels Punk into the upper echelon of stars by putting him over again. Will this be the ***** classic we got at MITB? Likely not. But there's no reason why the two can't create magic here. Ive heard alot of theories thrown around. HHH hits Punk with the sledgehammer, and Cena refuses to cover, so HHH hits Cena as well, and throws him on top of Punk. HHH and Punk have been in cahoots the entire time. Cena's promos leading up to this have been a little "heelish", so hes going to turn into a full heel. Id much prefer to see a clean finish, but with HHH as the referee, i dont see that happenning. I do believe one way or another, Punk will win this match. They've gone too far with his character not to give him the win here, tainted or not. He loses, and his push is essentially wasted, unless the aforementioned scenario with HHH hitting both with the sledgehammer is what we get. I dont think that's going to happen, but this is as tough a call as it gets. Im going with Punk here with the tainted victory.

LSN's prediction: CM defeats John Cena to become the Unified WWE Champion.

The only way me personally can see it is, CM Punk needs to win and keep it, no ADR cash in yet. Or Punk gets screwed by HHH after the ADR cash in. Im looking forward to the match its gonna be a long one like MITB. Punk needs to win this to stay credible and i want to see him stay in the title picture. Anything less like a HHH fued, with no title would make me extremely disappointed because that would mean Cena would still be in the hunt no matter what, he can go fued with HHH. But i guess all i can do is sit and wait.

But if Del Rio does cash in, either way, im not gonna be happy at all. But thats just me. Its such a hard thing to predict and stay with it. So many possibilities all i got now is....Its Clobbering Time!!!

My Prediction: Cm Punk wins the title, Del Rio cashes in, Punk gets screwed by HHH, Del Rio leaves WWE Champ.

I feel....i somehow wanted this...sort of but. Not like this.

Its hard to even describe without spoiling it. But i feel like momentum was just shit down the toilet. I dont like this, at all. Stupid, just stupid.

Why am I not surprise with the outcome..

But I do felt this was good.. because on the bright side.. this will mean Punk will get bigger push as the face.. just like what Randy Orton did with the Miz..

Probably it will be Cena facing Trople H..

it is just too damn predictable..

Great pay-per view and great ending. I think the WWE is going back to expect the unexpected when watching a PPV. Nobody can tell me they saw that coming.

What? how is this storyline messed up now? Its freakn brilliant, it gives punk and even greater chase for the title and keeps the cena punk feud even more fresh by also adding 2 more elements into the mix. This is freakn mad.

I don't think they (WWE) blew it...this just adds more fuel to the fire for Punk, IMO. It's a nice little swerve and actually enhances Punks story even more than a solid title win would. Although Cena will more than likely get thrown back into the title mix because of the outside foot thing. :p

The only reason he won is because they are going to Mex City. WWE could give a crap about storylines anymore. It's all about sell t-shirts. Punk brought me back to wrestling. Now WWE is going to chase me away. Thanks Vince for the 2 months of good entertainment.

How in the world did WWE fuck this up? Did WWE fuck it up by adding more to this expanding story, and adding more intrigue ? There are many ways they can go with this now. This doesnt kill punks momentum it can only make it stronger. It lays the groundwork for the HHH Punk feud, and at the same time there could be potential problems between Cena and HHH. Thats how you end a ppv right there, your left saying what the fuck just happened and you tune into raw tmrw. Its comments like these that show that some wrestling fans will never be happy and will shit on anything without giving it a shot...

I knew WWE was gonna fuck this storyline up

But the guy with the belt isn't entertaining. Thats a major problem. Cena is loved and hated as is Punk. No one gives a shit about ADR.

Man imagine this was all a plan to screw punk. HHH, Stephanie, Del Rio and Nash. A new corporation in the making!!

Unless you're talking Real Life, no, because it's clear Triple H had no clue what was going on.

I have to admit, Kevin Nash is probably the single biggest X Factor in this.

I can honestly say I didn't see that coming. Pissed that Punk didn't walk away with the title though.

Aye, but this actually adds more to Punk's story about backstage corruption than a solid title win would. While I'd like to see him hold the title for an extended period of time (and I think he will...eventually. He's just that good to not give it to him for a while) at the present his character plays a whole lot better if he's chasing for that title rather than holding it. And this way was perfect...noone really loses face in it. Cena can build a feud with HHH or whatever...and Punk now has a new opponent that he can bash on...It's win/win in my opinion, Even if they make ADR look incredibly weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back