Money in the Bank - WWE Champion John Cena vs. CM Punk

You say Punk isn't a draw, but why is that?

I'm not going to speak for the OP, but in my estimation, Punk isn't a draw because the majority of WWE fans just don't care about him. Even as a face he didn't get the biggest pops. As a heel, he doesn't really get big pops. Sure, he can generate heat, but at the end of the show, everyone has forgotten.

Yes, Punk is good in the ring. One of the better wrestlers today. But for whatever reason, I find him about as interesting to watch as Miz. And that doesn't say too much. His mic skills are about as good as most today, but I don't think he's the best. Flair, Sting, Jericho (wish he'd come back) are all far superior.

What I personally think hurts Punk the most, is the Straight Edge thing. Yeah, he lives it, but it really sets him apart. He's alienated from the rest of the locker-room when it comes to the fans. Face it, most wrestling fans are the opposite. Drinking, smoking & drugs (don't get all high and mighty, I'm not saying everyone) are part of nearly all wrestling fans lives. Even the kids because of what their parents do. I love a good stiff drink, or a couple beers during Raw.

Because Punk has set himself so far apart from the crowd, they can't relate. Would we have been able to relate to Austin so completely without the "Steve-wisers"? Maybe, but only because he was our outlet, saying everything to the boss we wanted to say.

I think what is going to happen is that Punk will win and take the title from WWE. I heard in another thread that was talking about the WWE title and how cheesy it looks and that they had re-designed another title. After Punk leaves with the title, Vince will unveil this new title and probably have some sortof tournament for the new title or the MITB winner will get it. Who knows? I think that Vince will still "fire" John Cena for allowing Punk to leave with the title, even though he has this new title, and Cena can take a few months off to heal from his injuries. That's just my guess. I definitely will be watching this PPV though.

why would they add the stipulation of cena being fired if he loses? the wwe had the a great storyline with punk and cena going but re airing the supposed shoot promo on raw didnt fit, if the wwe didn't want anything to do with what he was saying why would they remind us of what he said. having john cena being fired would be stupid because everyone knows he has a main event match at wrestlemania with rock. i certainly don't want to see cena win but having him retire like he did with the nexus would suck

Yeah, the stipulation of Cena being fired is lame and unnecessary. It also doesn't really make sense, when you think about it. McMahon books the match between Cena and Punk so that Cena doesn't leave, thereby risking his WWE Championship. Now you throw in this firing thing, and that means that if Cena loses, McMahon no longer has his championship OR his top superstar. So instead of just letting the top superstar go and having the championship in safe hands, he's unnecessarily risking both. I'm not usually one to nitpick these kinds of things, but that's a pretty obvious plot hole in a storyline that's supposed to be based upon reality.

I agree the stipulation makes zero sense. I honestly think they're trying to paint Vince as the senile old man who doesnt realize that he could just throw away the biggest main event in recent Mania history because he got a little pissed. But at the end we all know Cena's not being off camera for more than a week if hes "fired". Its probably just to further a storyline between Vince and Cena where Cena wins at MITB then questions Vince about his value in the business (since he was so willing to fire him over losing a match).

Here is one theory on CM Punk that to me is not too farfetched. This whole story line is strikingly similiar to the Montreal screw job involving Vince McMahon, Shawn Michaels, and Bret Hart. What if CM Punk is already re-signed and WWE is planning to have CM Punk win? What if CM Punk wins and in a desperate attempt to keep him from taking the title to another company, Vince offers him a contract to avoid another threat of a superstar going to another company with the title. Vince thought Bret was going to do the same thing. Another huge idea...maybe this whole story line is a way to put John Cena over as a legitimate heel. What if Cena helps McMahon screw Punk? Cena screws Punk and Punk stays to get revenge. This could happen seeing as how Punk and the Nexus attacked Cena on numerous occasions. Again all of what I have said is strikingly similiar to the Montreal screw job. Any thoughts?

It's a new and interesting facet added to the storyline, and it logically fits with the context. Vince Mcmahon doesn't want his most prestigious title to go to the hands of CM Punk, who can do whatever he wants with it and devalue it as he wishes, therefore he makes a stipulation in which Cena will give it all he's got to retain his title.

Now, if Cena loses the match, he doesn't get fired, right away. The way Vince worded it, Cena only gets fired if Punk walks away with the title. That's where this gets interesting. A MITB winner can cash it in, and win, under the circumstances, and Cena not get fired.

I think it was a natural and logical step in the storyline. It definitely adds to its depth.

Following the adding of the Cena loses and he's fired stipulation, I really do not see him losing. The question to me is more about how he beats Punk and what Punk does following the 3 count, and to be honest I'm struggling to think of a scenario which will actually benefit Vince McMahon where Punk legitimately leaves the WWE. He has been the talk of these forums since his 'shoot' promo and surely Vince realises now that he needs to keep him whatever the cost. I see one of two things realistically happening at MiTB, and both involve Mr. McMahon getting involved in the match itself to help Cena retain:

1. Vince helps Cena retain the title and CM Punk leaves. Punk has the upper hand over Cena, much to the hometown crowd's delight, until at the last minute Vince realises that he is about to lose his biggest star and his company's championship and somehow intervenes to cost Punk the match. This could be in person or Montreal-style as mentioned by another poster, it doesn't really matter as long as Vince is the bad guy again.

Now this does have it's positives; the show would probably close with Cena looking up the ramp at Vince looking annoyed because of his morals expressed on the last episode of Raw, setting up what would be an interesting feud between Cena and his boss. The only downside to this is realistically, how long could such a feud go on being believable? After Cena already threatened to walk out if he didn't get his match, and Vince already said he would have no problem firing Cena, it just wouldn't add up and would come across as contradictory on Vince's part.

2. Vince helps Cena win, but CM Punk resigns to close the show. It may well be because this is what I desperately want to see happen, but I do think that this is what will happen. Again Cena is out on a limb following a back and fourth match, again Vince costs Punk the title, obviously to CM Punk and the hometown crowd's disgust. This time, however, Vince picks up a microphone and announces to Punk that he has lost and it looks like he will never get to face Cena again, or get revenge on Vince himself, because he is leaving tonight for good.. Unless he extends his contract right now. The crowd would want it, Cena would want it, and because of the way Vince just screwed him, Punk would 'not be able to resist'. This once again shows just how clever McMahon is and the distance he will go to get what he wants if it's good for business. Cena keeps his clean image, Vince keeps his greedy, manipulative boss image, and Punk strengthens his psychotic image by laying out both men straight after 'signing his contract', sending the fans home happy and leaving the WWE in possibly the best shape in terms of storyline potential following a PPV for quite some years.

All of this may well be somewhat a pipedream on my part, but I hope and pray that this is indeed genius writing on the part of the WWE. IMO, Cena will not lose. It makes no sense whatsoever for him to lose. But the WWE will surely be the biggest losers if they drop the ball on this one, and what I have suggested appears to tie together everything quite nicely, not to mention serving to set up an intense feud to entertain us all throughout the summer.

Thoughts?

Personally, I'd love to see this be the beginning of a WWE/RoH "Invasion" cross-branded angle, like the one they ran with ECW in 1996-1997 (not the "Invasion" storyline after Vince bought the company). This one would actually have the potential to really go somewhere, since the only person Vince was willing to let do the job to ECW guys back in the day was Jerry Lawler. In this situation, you'd have Punk, a "reborn" Bryan Danielson, and possibly the Kings of Wrestling as your WWE "Ring of Honor" guys, and the possibility of seeing established WWE stars put RoH guys over.

The WWE would get the benefit of a huge buzz around their product, elevate a couple of mid/lower card guys, and take a HUGE shot at Impact. RoH would get a TON of national exposure for their product in advance of their TV debut in September.

Of course, that's just my pipedream...in all likelihood, Cena drops the belt to a cheating Punk, the Raw MITB guy cashes in, saves the title (and Cena's job), and Punk takes a vacation. *sigh*...

I haven't posted in quite awhile but I am always lurking around here. I decided to post this because I had what I thought could be a good idea.

I would love to see Punk win the match. Then have Vince come out visibly upset about how his title is leaving WWE. Then have him force the winner of the Raw MITB to cash in his case right then and there in an effort to keep the title with WWE. R-Truth comes to the ring with the case and reluctantly cashes it in and the match begins with Punk. They go back and forth in a decent 8-10 min match. Punk manages to squeak out a win by catching Truth with a GTS.

Of course Vince has been at ringside this whole time and is going BALLISTIC over Truth losing and Punk still having the title. So now he orders the winner of the Smackdown MITB match to come out and cash it in right now. He doesn't care if both titles go to Smackdown as long as it doesn't leave with Punk.

Wade Barrett comes down to cash his in but before he does he nails Punk with a Wasteland on the case. Hands the case to the ref and the bell rings. Vince is laughing and having a great time at this point. Wade spends 2-3 minutes beating on Punk, hits him with 1 more Wasteland, and gets the 1-2-3. Vince is ecstatic and Punk is out cold in the ring. Barrett gets on the mic and thanks Vince and then berates Cena. Talks about how he did what Cena couldn't do and last year he thought he had him fired but this time he really is. How Barrett is the better man and better wrestler. The show goes off the air with Barrett standing victorious over Punk with VKM raising his hand.

The next night on Raw they open with the question about who the champ on Raw is going to be. They talk about how Cena is fired and Punk has left the WWE. VKM comes out and brags about how he got the last laugh at Punk and even though Raw doesn't have a champ right now, it was worth it to not have the belt leave Raw and to be rid of Cena who couldn't get the job done. Have VKM talk about how he only hires winners and Cena wasn't one so he got rid of him. Then have Barrett join VKM in the ring and talk up his big win. VKM can then announce that starting next week, he has decided that Barrett is now part of the Raw roster and Raw will have it's championship back.

Cena then comes out to a shocked VKM and Barrett. Cena stands on the ramp and points to the screen where we see VKM saying that if Punk left Chicago with the title he would be fired, but Punk didn't leave with the title so he still has a job. He then charges the ring and tries to beat down VKM and Barrett. Cena ends up getting beat down and Barrett and VKM escape intact. The feud with Barrett begins again and the start of the VKM/Cena feud begins.

One thing I think that's being overlooked in this whole Punk vs Cena match, is that the stipulation is not "If Cena loses, he gets fired". It's "If Punk leaves with the belt, then Cena is fired". If Punk indeed wants to leave the WWE for a while, this would be a perfect ppv to have him win over Cena and get the belt, going out with a bang. He could then return at anytime looking strong as ever. But this happens to be a PPV with TWO money in the bank winners. Anybody could cash in before midnight and still get the belt off Punk before he leaves, therefor saving Cena's job, and rescuing the title from being removed from the company. The thing is, out of all the mitb participants, who is going to do such a thing? Mysterio makes perfect sense, as he's had his problems with Punk in the recent past as well. Del Rio or any other heel (fingers crossed for Truth) I suppose would do it just for the title. Point is, I have a strong feeling that neither Punk or Cena are going to leave the champ.

Since many people are fantasy booking right now, I'll have a shot at it.

CM Punk vs. John Cena goes on for about a good 15 minutes. It's back and forth with many finisher kickout's and close pinfall's. Punk goes for the GTS, but then Cena counter's it into the STF. Punk is in it for a few minutes, but he's right in them iddle of the right. Punk tap's out and the fans are living it, throwing trash and booing loudly. Punk then get's the mic after sitting in the ring for a few minutes while CM Punk chant's ran through the crowd. He get's the mic, says goodbye, this company won't be anything without me, and other thing's bashing the WWE. He then leaves with a sort-of standing ovation.

Up next, the RAW MITB match. The first seven participants come out, then Rey Mysterio's music hit's. RAW comes down, to only be viciously attacked by CM Punk! Punk beat's up Rey's leg then drops it on the steel step's. CM Punk then grab's a mic and says he's now in the MITB Ladder Match.

After a big spot filled, crazy MITB match, with many people coming closer than ever before, Evan Bourne is gonig up the ladder. The fan's are on their feet, it seems Bourne has the MITB breifcase, until CM Punk climb's up the ladder and kick's Bourne in the back of the head. CM Punk then grab's the brieface and falls to the crowd. CM Punk now holds the MITB breifcase, and he then grabs a mic.

He say's "My contract's not up yet, I'm cashing this in right now on the WWE Championship, Cena let's go." Vince McMahon than comes out and proclaim's that Cena already competed, Punk cheated to get him chance in the MITB ladder match, and he doesn't derserve to have another shot. Punk says he can have a title match whenever he want's, he want's it right now. Vince then says, "you know what Punk Youre!...Fi..., he pauses to see Cena walk past him with the WWE Championship with him and get in the ring. But, before the match begin's, Vince say's he wont have some referee screw over this match, he'll be the special guest referee!

Match is on, back and forth with moves and punches from both man. Cena goes for the AA, Punk counter's into the Anaconda Vice. Cena get's to the rope, and Punk breaks the hold. Cena then gets back to his feet to fight Punk off, hit's his finishing stretch, and then he goes for the AA, Punk counter's into the GTS, Cena counters again into the STF. Right in the middle of the ring, deja vu for the fans who start booing loudly. CM Punk is in the hold for a few minutes, then taps out.

But, Vince doesn't call for the bell! Vince just stand's there as Cena get's up in disgust. Vince than low blow's Cena, only for Cena to turn right into a GTS. Vince count's Cena down 1..2..3! CM Punk is the new WWE Champion. Vince than embraces Punk as if this was seen to be the plot all along, to get rid of Cena. Cena is seen getting up in the corner, as Vince goes over to Cena's face, and yell's Youre....Fired! Cena sit's there as if in shock, as Punk hold's up the WWE Championship to end the show.

This isn't what I think will happen, just my fantasy booking.

Since they added that stip the guy who is staying and sells merch is more than likely winning. When you add silly stips like that it 98% of the time favors the guy who is staying. Now i dont see cena walking out champ either but im pretty sure hes getting the first win over punk then losing it either 5 min later ala news years revolution or on raw the next night.

Edit: or a draw or no contest. That would suck.

I see some sort of swerve and CM Punk defeats John Cena with Vince McMahon's help and then Vince pulls out a contract and Punk signs it, and then Vince yells "You're Fired" to Cena, to give Cena some time to heal up his injuries (cause WWE can't risk a major injury and then Rock/Cena gets canceled), and then Cena returns like November for Survivor Series and beats Punk to win back the title.

that's how WWE should play it out...

I honestly doubt Punk is going to win. It seems legit he's going to leave with all the controversy he's been in lately and the reports of him being unhappy backstage, I also doubt Vince is going to copy ROH's Summer Of Punk storyline as most of the IWC seem to believe is happening, I've heard Vince doesn't like to copy other promotions storylines. This is just all hype to get people to tune into MiTB and nothing more. And I think Vince will do his best to try and send Punk out in a humiliating way since he seems to be leaving legit. But whatever happens Cena is going to win and we'll never see Punk in the WWE ever again.

I honestly doubt Punk is going to win. It seems legit he's going to leave with all the controversy he's been in lately and the reports of him being unhappy backstage, I also doubt Vince is going to copy ROH's Summer Of Punk storyline as most of the IWC seem to believe is happening, I've heard Vince doesn't like to copy other promotions storylines. This is just all hype to get people to tune into MiTB and nothing more. And I think Vince will do his best to try and send Punk out in a humiliating way since he seems to be leaving legit. But whatever happens Cena is going to win and we'll never see Punk in the WWE ever again.

The more I think about it, I am afraid you are right. I think those who think Punk will win are going to be terribly disappointed.

And Cena getting fired and healing up is not going to happen. There is absolutely no one right now that they can push to take his top face spot.

But as far as Punk winning, or even re-signing; I think the gay slur was his death sentence.

Punk wants out. And since he has balked at, supposedly, all the offers given to him, he will get his wish.

I agree with your theory that neither Cena nor punk will leave with the title. I believe, Punk wins (doesn't mean Cena's fired), and then a MITB winner cashes it in on an already hurt Punk and gets the easy victory. I'm strongly thinking it will be Alberto Del Rio, but then again this show is looking to be an unpredictable one.

But, yea, I like this theory and think it to be a pretty popular one. There are of course some alternative ways, but I think neither Cena nor Punk will have the title after MITB closes. That's the most sound scenario considering the stipulation made by Vince.

Punk unfortunately will be embarassed just like Bautista was in his final match with WWE. It is very unfortunate the WWE did not use Punk properly much like a list of other wrestlers with talent, to develop the brand. Punk is the top talent in WWE, hands down. Too bad Vince and the writers are blind. In the end, if Punk was properly used, he would still be in the WWE after July 17.

Wow.... I may be way off the mark with this, but have we all lost that much faith in The Miz? Is he really that far out of the title picture to not even be mentioned. I will not speculate on who will win the Cena/Punk match. As that could go either way. But it will be a long match for both, with the winner barely standing in the ring. and we hear....... AWESOME..... And the Miz returns to the top heel in the WWE.

WELL if christian doesnt win its pretty much curtain for his career id say..dude deserves it its time vince stops being a douche and give the man wat he deserves ...BUT id love to see punk win ...resign with wwe n fued with cena thru summerslam until sept or oct.

Here's my prediction:
After an entertaining 15min match, cena hits the final aa on punk only for him to kick out! Suddenly Vince comes down to the ring with a chair and looks to help cena take out punk so he doesn't leve with the title, but.... He turns around and hits cena instead! Punk wins, Vince fires cena! And now u have a Vince/punk alliance - it was there plan all along to get rid of cena! :)

I have been losing interest in wwe latley. I haven't watched raw in 2 weeks, but when i heard about Punk's promo i got interested again. I really have no idea how this could go but of course my gut is telling me a clean win from Cena and Punk takes time off. I hope Im wrong tho.

CM punk is the most under used talent in the WWE today, and has been my favourite wrestler for a good 3-4 years now. I would love for this to happen but I highly doubt it.

Punk wins via..anything, and walks away with the WWE championship, both he and Cena are given well deserved rests from the company for a month or so (Summerslam) and the WWE title is left vacant. Punk returns and keeps the belt until Hell in a cell/Vengeance where he drops it to ADR or inevitably, Cena.

Here's what will probably happen. Cena win, Punk leaves. Montreal Screwjob 2.0.

This match is going to be intense. I havent looked more forward to a match in WWE Since John Cena vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 23. Punk will walk away with the title, But its money in the bank. He will lose it moments later to the RAW or Smackdown Money In The Bank winner. Cena will then get fired when hes actually healing injurys so that hes 100% heading into Mania with the Rock

This has got to be the single most intense storyline in the WWE in the last decade or so. The storyline features an absolute phenomenal buildup. With Mr. McMahon involved, I find it very likely he will play a role here. It may be a long shot but I have the feeling Mr. McMahon will kick the semen out of John Cena's balls, costing him the WWE Championship, his job, and signing CM Punk on the spot with the intention of making Punk the new Hogan or Cena. Yeah, a long shot but possible. The WWE and Vince McMahon are not stupid. Only a dumb motherfucker would be foolish enough not meet the demands of Punk or to resign someone as over and as talented as he is.

Yes, I do see Punk winning here - maybe because I will not let myself believe he's leaving. Punk wins, Cena leaves, isolates himself from Facebook, Twitter, they take him off the WWE.com roster page and hide the fuck under a rock until The Rock rears his ugly head back in the WWE again. Punk is winning this shit!

Hamler's Prediction - CM Punk is the NEW WWE Champion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back