Round 1, Day 6, Tampa, FL

Macho Man vs. Guerrero

• #4 Randy Savage

• #61 Gory Guerrero

Results are only viewable after voting.
Owen Hart was always my favourite of the Hart family. He isn't amazing, but he was interesting, and gave a lot. Everyone seems to know who he is due to his death, which I don't think is the best way to go about things.

Hart deserves to win this just out of respect for what he did in the WWE. Or rather, what he gave to it. and the Hart family will always be legendary and that has to be taken into consideration.

Hart deserves to win this just out of respect for what he did in the WWE. Or rather, what he gave to it. and the Hart family will always be legendary and that has to be taken into consideration.

I disagree. Nobody should get through because they're dead. He get's through on merit. But even if he sucked he shouldn't get through just because his death was tragic. If this tournament was based on tagedy one of the Von Erichs would probably win. Crazy that family yo.

I disagree. Nobody should get through because they're dead. He get's through on merit. But even if he sucked he shouldn't get through just because his death was tragic. If this tournament was based on tagedy one of the Von Erichs would probably win. Crazy that family yo.

That's what happens to Eddie Guererro though. No offence to his memory, but he wasn't as good as a wrestler that everyone seems to say now he's passed away. Benoit on he other hand was one of the best.

I wasn't sayiing with this he should get through because he died, but because, alive or dead, what he did for the business, or rather the family as a whole, is still a bag thing.

Macho Man was so damn good and misused it was ridiculous. It's sad that he only got his first title in the WWF so he could be fed to Hogan the next year. Guerrero is great on name value, but he's no where near as good as Savage. Savage is a proven commodity in the business, and should go far.

Pretty easy choice here. strong has a ton of upside and potential, but no way in hell he belongs in the same ring with Antonio Inoki. There is no shame for Inoki to lose a match to Muhammad Ali, Ali was simply the greatest fighter to step in any sort of ring. Inoki will get by, setting up a great match with Savage in round 2.

Terrible match. Two absolutely terrible wrestlers that are more known for their goofiness or appearance. Jeff is known for his terrible hair and even worse spots, and duggan for a 2x4. This is the bathroom break match of the tournament. I'll vote for Duggan because he's actually done something with his career by winning the Royal Rumble.

Magnum TA was good, but Jerry Lynn is freakign incredible. He gets labeled with being an ECW guy, which is fair, but people don't realize the guy wrestled in ECW and wrestled damn well without weapons. He put on some clinics with RVD, and quite frankly, I saw more out of those matches then I have with most people in the tournament.

That's what happens to Eddie Guererro though. No offence to his memory, but he wasn't as good as a wrestler that everyone seems to say now he's passed away. Benoit on he other hand was one of the best.

Probably one of the best quotes ever, and guys, she's only 16, she gets it.

As far as the amtch, no one should make it through because they died. Owen Hart makes it through because Matt Cross doesn't deserve to be in the same building with someone as talented as Owen Hart, let alone in teh same ring. Owen is so under appreciated it's ridiculous.

Morrison isn't as good as he is made out to be, but he is certainly put together very well. The guy in the Rumble this year impressed the hell out of me. He's liek a damn spider on those ropes, he looks so freaking comfortable. He has a ton of upside, and with a little fine tuning, he can be a legit player. D-Von was the link weak of a great tag team, but terrible singles wrestlers. Morrison should take this with relative eaze.

New Jack was entertaining, but terrible in the ring. If the guy can't use a fork or a cookie sheat, then he is terrible. The guy legitimatly gets off on causing pain to other people.

Liger on the other hand is one of the most incredible wrestlers I have ever watched. Like Jake said, I think he's winning on name value as opposed to pure skill, which is fine. I would highly encourage any fan of wrestling to find stuff on Liger and watch.

D-Von dudley; one half of probably the best tag team ever. However the biggest mistake ever was having these two guys split up. Since, the tag division has been reduced to hardly anything, and neither of these guys have singles careers. With some teams you can see a future for both in singles. Edge and Christian for example. Edge is great at what he does, and Christian isn't bad. The Dudley Boyz made a great mistake in splitting up, and I could never see D-Von winning anything when it comes to singles matches.

Morrison isn't bad, I aren't a huge fan of his, but he can carry himself in a match, and on the ropes he is really good. He deserves the win.

Little piece of me just died because I had to vote for the Warrior. without the benefit of hardcore, and the shape of the Butcher, the Warrior wins with pure power. I know Abdullah is better then what he is made out to be, but the Warrior brought it at Wrestlemania, which means a ton to me.

If the WWE ever came to a match like this, I don't know what I'd do. Hardy is great at high flying moves, and the fans seem to love him. However this is due to the huge popularity of the Hardy Boyz IMO. I aren't a hater of Hady, because when I see him live I'm also cheering for him because there's something about him I just can't help but like. However he isn't really talented, and wouldn't be able to carry this match.

Duggan. Where do I even start? I couldn't even remember his Rumble win, so thanks for reminding me C.A. I was never a fan of his, and he can do very little.

The Warrior was awesome. Not in a good way. But he's memorable. All I remember about Abdullah if a forehead with toast slots and being ''electrocuted''. Pretty much everything about The Warrior was memorable. He get's by on having goo come out of his head and onto his very, very, very, early 90's looking WWE jacket.

What has Morrison ever achieved? Nothing. His most memorable moment was when his tag partner busted his face open. It really didn't have nothing to do with Johnny Boy, yet it's his defing moment. Other than that he replaced Benoit. That's it. D'Von on the other hand has had plenty of great matches. Even if the were tag and gimmicked to hell.

The Warrior gets the nod relucently, mainly because he actualy had ok matches. Sure they were about as rare as a Derby County win, but they happened every once in a while. I also take satisfaction in that there is almost zero chance of Warrior making it past the next round.

Hey thats bullshit guys, if you honestly think Eddie Guerrero is overrated, than you need to seriously take a step back, watch his work in independents, ECW, and even WCW (Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero anyone? Hello? One of the best matches ever?). Guerrero is a legend, and I don't understand how you could say he isn't simply amazing. The man excelled at every aspect of being a professional wrestler.

Owen Hart, I've always loved. Ever since he wore those goofy parachute pants and was nicknamed The Rocket. He had Bret's technical ability, but with a better moveset and some great high flying stuff. His ensuguri (sp?) was one of the most painful looking things I've ever seen in wrestling.

It's true his death has made him even more loved. But thats the natural order of life people, happens to every single dead wrestler.

Hey thats bullshit guys, if you honestly think Eddie Guerrero is overrated, than you need to seriously take a step back, watch his work in independents, ECW, and even WCW (Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero anyone? Hello? One of the best matches ever?). Guerrero is a legend, and I don't understand how you could say he isn't simply amazing. The man excelled at every aspect of being a professional wrestler.

Most people, however didn't start saying this until he was gone. I'm sorry but it's true. I've spoke to lots of people who before he passed away classed him as good, but now everyone seems to get the feel he's amazing from somewhere.

He did participate in some good matches, but one good match doesn't always equal a great wrestler. It's hard to say certain things because I don't want to come off as being disrespectful to his memory, but he just isn't as good as everyone says in the ring.

Most people, however didn't start saying this until he was gone. I'm sorry but it's true. I've spoke to lots of people who before he passed away classed him as good, but now everyone seems to get the feel he's amazing from somewhere.

He did participate in some good matches, but one good match doesn't always equal a great wrestler. It's hard to say certain things because I don't want to come off as being disrespectful to his memory, but he just isn't as good as everyone says in the ring.

Guerrero is overrated because of WWE not because he died. WWE pushed him so hard that his profile was inflated beyond anything you would have ever thought. Before he went to WWE he was an awesome undercard wrestler who you would never expect to really achieve much main event success. It was that way in WWE until late 2003. Then pretty much out of nowhere he became a main eventer. If he'd remained as a member of Los Guerreros or had only achieved US title success then he would be underrated. But because he was a former world champ and was headlining when he died he's overrated.

Hey, if Guerrero is overrated, then Benoit was overrated. Because both were garbage in the main event scene and didn't belong there, but excelled and had countless classic matches on the undercard.

HBK-aholic, if you really think Guerrero only had one classic match, then I will sit here and list more if you'd like. I could literally list about 20 absolute stone cold classics that Guerrero took part it.

I think Guerrero is great, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he is deserving of the ranking he has received. #7 is a tad bit high in my opinion. It's really just nitpickign, as I would have had him down around the 20-25 spot. I think a lot of it has to do with the exploitation of Guerrero by WWEddie. I think my personal distain for WWExploitation has started to rub me the wrong way, and I'm unjustifiably takign it out on the legacy of Eddie Guerrero.

I'm clearly voting for owen but based on some matches ive seen from Matt Cross and each one of their physical size, this match would be a classic if done right

Hey, if Guerrero is overrated, then Benoit was overrated. Because both were garbage in the main event scene and didn't belong there, but excelled and had countless classic matches on the undercard.

HBK-aholic, if you really think Guerrero only had one classic match, then I will sit here and list more if you'd like. I could literally list about 20 absolute stone cold classics that Guerrero took part it.

Benoit has always been a batter wrestler than Guerrero. Just looking at matches from the 2 proves that. Benoit was underrated in my opinion because I remember some great matches he was involved in. But he'll never get credit due to the circumstances surrounding his death.

You misunderstood me. I'm a fan of Eddie, I just don't think he was THAT amazing, and I think people have only begun to think thats how great he was after his death. When I said one great match doesnt always equal a great wrestler, I wasn't trying to say Eddie had only been involved in 1 great match, or in fact that he wasn't a good wrestler, I was just trying to get the point across that Eddie is overrated a little due to his death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back