Round 1, Day 1, Match #9: El Paso, TX

Guerrero vs. Sasaki

• #2 Eddie Guerrero

• #63 Kensuki Sasaki

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the old UWF, I still remember when the One Man Gang was champion. He was killing everyone and demanding more competition. So they brought in Sam Houston. OMG cut an awesome profile busting Sam "Whoston" for about 5 minutes.

This match reminds me of that. Shelton Benjamin has all the tools. He's not quite the wrestler that Angle is, but he's DAMN good. This match is a walkover.

CA, having read a lot of what you've written, I rarely disagree with you, but I absolutely disagree with your statements that Eddie was overrated. His matches were almost always classics, working with and against Misterio, Chavo, Benoit, Edge.... I knew I would be seeing a good match when he was on the card. And let's face it...that Wrestlemania XX moment at the end when the two champions met and celebrated each other was an incredible moment.

I have seen a few Tyler Black matches in his recent RoH stuff, and the guy appears to have a tremendous upside. But this is Shelton Benjamin we are talking about, one of the best pure athletes to ever step foot in a WWE ring, and he has my vote for now.

Results are here

Hernandez takes this one fairly easily. Petey Williams is good but due to Hernandez's size and strength advantage, Petey loses in a good match. Hernandez has the right tools to do well in this tournament, tall-ish has a good weight advantage. Strength is no problem. Border Toss to win.

Results are Here

I delayed voting on this one until I had thought through all of the conditions in this match and region. And I have come to the conclusion of Eddie winning this because of the Home Crowd, Sasaki is good, too good to give a proper adgective. Eddie is good as well. Therefore with the home crowd advantage Eddie Wins.

CA, having read a lot of what you've written, I rarely disagree with you, but I absolutely disagree with your statements that Eddie was overrated. His matches were almost always classics, working with and against Misterio, Chavo, Benoit, Edge.... I knew I would be seeing a good match when he was on the card. And let's face it...that Wrestlemania XX moment at the end when the two champions met and celebrated each other was an incredible moment.

Oh I whole heartidly agree with Guerrero being great, a top notch performer, and especially the Wrestlemania 20 moment, priceless. However, I just don't see him as a number 7 guy and a number 2 seed. Certainly top 25 to top 20, and worthy of a top 5 seed, but I just don't recall seeing the Guerrero love before his death. I'm really just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. Eddie Guerrero was awesome in the ring, but I doubt he was top ten, at least in my own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back