Round 1, Day 1, Match #9: El Paso, TX

Guerrero vs. Sasaki

• #2 Eddie Guerrero

• #63 Kensuki Sasaki

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Results are Here

While I like Super Crazy we are talking him going up against Double A in WCW. Spinebuster to Super Crazy for the Win. Super Crazy is good and will use the ropes to his advantage considering that they will be similar to what he used in ECW and in Mexico, it is still a stretch to see anyone other than Arn Anderson walking out of this contest as the winner.

Tough choice. Arn Anderson is one of those great wrestlers who it's hard to get excited about. He looks like a teacher so I found it hard to get behind him when he was facing more intimidating looking opponents. I'll opt for Super Crazy. While he isn't intimidating either he has the decency to cover up his poor physique and do Lucha. I think both are excellent but Crazy gets it for doing what Jeff Hardy does, but better.

Tough choice again. Neither has really achieved too much. Stevie more than Helms. But I'm a mark for Helms. Stevie is great but he'll never get a push. Whereas while I don't think Helms will get a push either, if he did he could really roll with it. I think fans would accept him as a mid level champion. Also Helms' work in WCW was excellent. Better than anything Stevies ever done.

Results are here

People have no idea how much talent was wasted with Stevie Richards it is criminal while he may not have the accomplishments to back it up he is solid in the ring. He can get insane heat (RTC anyone?) He is accomplished in the Ring and could hang with anyone in the Ring. Also has experience in the WCW environment so that is not an advantage to either man in this case.

Gregory Helms, great in the ring, Great Cruiserweight. Can't wait until he gets back from Injury. But I can see him Losing this one as easily as I can see Stevie Richards Losing it. Therefore it is toss up on this count and therefore with the result decided Gregory Helms gets laid out with a Stevie Kick. Winner Stevie Richards.

Results are Here

Lets get one thing straight, I like Vampiro. However we are talking about this being WCW. I think while he was in WCW Hogan had a little thing called Creative Control. Whileif there was no such thing and I was Booker I would put Vampiro over Hogan. this is not the case and going on the basis of the Creative Control. Here is the match to what the ending will be. Hogan No Sells Vampiro's offense for 5:00 then the Fingepoke of Doom, Leg Drop at 8:00 after Hogan poses to the crowd having poked Vampiro with a Finger then the Cover for the Three Count.

Results are Here

Sonjay Dutt is Good, But. The Iron Sheik Rapes his ass and make him Humble by Locking in the Camel Clutch. I am being completely honest when I go with the Iron Sheik, he is a legit hard arse. He made a silver Medal in the Olympics in Wrestling. He was the transitional Champion between Bob Backlund and Hulk Hogan that sets him up as one of the greats. He ignored Wrestling Politics when he put Hogan over. He put on classics with Sgt. Slaughter. Not Much else to say about him after all that.

He made a silver Medal in the Olympics in Wrestling.

He didn't. That's just something that's become a ''fact'' over time.

I'd have to go with The Sheik as well. I haven't actually enjoyed many of his matches. He's another wrestler who I feel is labeled as being a good wrestler, when in fact his moves set was limited to about 10 moves. But he wins over Dutt because he could be the most whatever wrestler in history. I made a thread about him. Basically it was ''does anyone really have a true opinon on this guy'' He's not bad, but not great, the only thing that stands out is his backne and hairline. To sum up Dutt in one word would be meh. Also The Sheik rocks the mic.

I have to go with the Sheik in this one as I think although Sonjay will put up a good fight he will eventually fall prey to the Camel Clutch at around 12-15 minutes.
My choice The Iron Sheik

This has got to be one of the most one-sided encounters in the first round. Vampiro isn't even fit to lace up the best sports-entertainer IMO in the history of the WWE. Hogan mightn't be the greatest wrestler ever, but he still gets my vote to beat Vampiro in 6:00 with a leg Drop

My Vote: Hulk Hogan

Shelton Benjamin all the way. i am a huge mark for Shelton and have never even heard of Tyler Black! Shelton wins with a T-Bone in 7:00.

My Vote: Shelton Benjamin

Results are Here

This is a match up where if you have no clue who the other guy is do research. It helps a long way, and it stops making you look like a fool. If you don't know who he is Don't Vote. Simple as that. While I see an Upside in Tyler Black one half of the current RoH Tag Team champs. Shelton has proven himself on a bigger stage to go against one of the best in HBK. A match that was MotY quality with the end result of a Springboard into a Superkick. Shelton is a Wrestler who is just that good in the ring that it doesn't matter that he can't talk to good, but he has been improving in that regard. Shelton should get this in a Hard fought match up. Closer than people will think, but with no contest at the end of the day.

Super isn't in AA area. AA would wear him down. There won't be much chance for the aieral moves. AA all the way! Afterwards show the fours!

AA gets my vote here, in a much more hard fought contest than many people make it out to be. Super Crazy is a very good aerial artist and is criminally underused in WWE. However, I do think that although Super Crazy would make AA work for it, Arn would eventually nick it with a perfectly executed spinebuster at 12:00.

My vote: Arn Anderson

What can I say, I had to go with AA on this one. I love super crazy and I think he's a great competitor but going against AA and in old school WCW really doesn't favor him. Plus, I think AA is a better overall wrestler than Super Crazy.

Man alive, this match sucks ass. Sasaki was so damn good, and fun to watch. I tend to be apart of the minority that thinks Guerrero is no where near as good as his ranking would indicate. I simply think his death has bolstered him to a level he shouldn't be at. He's good, very good, but not great. Sasaki is great, but I don't think he's going to have enough to beat Guerrero in the first round in his home city. Just way too many obstacles to overcome.

On a side note, these two were in promotions together, did their paths ever cross in the ring?

Sonjay Dutt: Simply put, the man is the Charlie Haas of TNA, minus the in ring ability of Charlie Haas. The guy is the definition of Vanilla Midget. He does nothing that makes him stand out in a crowd, and he's just a very, very average guy. He's not terrible, but certainly not great.

The Iron Sheik will make Dutt humble. The Sheik maybe a little over rated in histories eye, but he certainly ahs enough ability to lock the Clutch on someone half his size and break him.

I've always felt that Low Ki gets more credit then he deserves. I think he's solid, but I think I tend to get annoyed with him standing with his mouth agape in the ring more then actually wrestling. His kicks are solid, and I love his finisher, the Warriors Way. It's simple as shit, but you know that move would hurt like hell.

Kronus has always been more hype then substance. Perry Saturn carried that tag team, and that's why he booked it out of ECW and left Kronus standing. The man was simply not talented enough to cut it on his own. I think Kronus gets destroyed in this match.

Before RVD, Before Chris Jericho, there was one guy that was coming up in the business and was getting the label of the "Next" Shawn Michaels. That man was Stevie Richards. Laugh all you want, but I've been around the message board world long enough to remember this stuff. Simply put, Stevies athleticism and ability to rock a mic in the old ECW was exceptional. It was an illogical move on his part to jump to WCW that derailed his career, along with a bad injury. Even so, he's managed tos tay on the WWE roster while others have been axed.

Gregory Helms though, while some argue the validity of him being an 18 seed, (Which compared to the other Carolina Quartet, specifically the Hardy's rankings, he's just fine), Helms is bad ass. He managed to get over with a boy band gimmick, yes a boy band gimmick, Sugar Shane Helms, a cartoon character, and ultimately beign himself. He has managed to be over as any character he played, and he is exceptional on the microphone as well. He managed to bring some credibility back to the CW title before it was lost to the likes of Hornswoggle.

This is Helm's match. He was the first to use the Vertebreaker taht I saw, and I love that move. I simply think that Helms is one of the more under appreciated wrestlers in the business today.

Well I would love to see someone that voted for Vampiro to give reasons why instead of just voting out of blind hatred for Hogan. Do I see any Torches to light anyone on fire, nope, do I see light tubes to hit someone with, no. Are there any "bad ass Juggalo Bitches" or members of ICP around ringside probably not. What the fuck has Vampiro done besides wear cool looking make up and being associated with a shit band like ICP to justify even being in the ring with Hulk Hogan. Vampiro is terribly over rated, and should't even be in this match with the Hulkster.

I just don't see how Williams can win this match. His entire move set is based upon impressive looking cool moves. The problem, those moves can only be utilized on people that weigh less then 150 pounds. I see Hernandez, and I see at least 300 pounds of solid muscle. Hernandez is just too much for someone like Williams to handle. Williams moveset is going to be rendered completely useless in this match, and sheer power is simply going to win out.

Shelton Benjamin is probably the dark horse of this entire tournament. People forget how popular this guy is with the IWC. The guy wins "most underrated" wrestler of the year almost ever year. The guy in the ring is simply phenomanal to watch. If the WWE ever got it's own head out of it's own ass, they would realize they don't need to package this guy with his "momma" or "kewl" blonde hair. Shelton Benjamin simply needs to show up and he'll put to shame most of the locker room in the big two companies. Tyler Black has no chance in this match.

I enjoy Super Crazy, and I certainly see him getting some motivation from teh stereotypical "fiery" latino crowd. I really see this match being a nice paced match with Crazy speeding it up, and Anderson slowing it down with a simple power move. Arn Anderson is a beast in the ring. He's the strong silent type that goes in there and gets the job done. I really see Crazy going to the well once to often with the high risk move, and Anderson simply catching him and slammign him into the mat with Crazy's own momentum helping out the impact.

Hulk Hogan, no doubt. He's WAY more over with the fans than Vampiro. In a wrestling match, in WCW, this would be a very one sided match. No way in hell would Hogan ever lose to Vampiro. Hogan would go over in a very short squash. I'd give them 5 minutes tops. The poll is already a landslide and I don't balme it. This is more one sided than HBK/Palumbo, which is pretty bad.

I voted for Vampiro. And I cannot give you one good reason beyond a total hatred of Hulk Hogan. Maybe he was good in his earliest days, but I am so tired of "hulking up," and beating people with a leg drop. Give me a bloody break. Do I think Hogan is better? Yes. But I object to his existence and so he will not get my vote.

That's my story and I'm sticking too it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back