• #1 Shawn Michaels

• #16 Ultimo Dragon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#1 Shawn Michaels vs. #16 Ultimo Dragon

The following match takes place in San Antonio, TX under normal WWE Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play
3. Will crowd be a factor.
4. This is the last round of non gimmick matches, so choose carefully.

This match would be fantastic. HBK would sell Dragon significantly well. And this match would hit the top turnbuckle, the outside, the apron, and the mat time after time.

Despite how well matched up these two men are, Michaels has the experience in home-field (San An-TONE) and WWE. If the match were in Japan, I would vote Dragon. It's not. So I won't.

I went with HBK also. While Dragon put on some great stuff and was one of the larger cruiserweights, Michaels has always seemed to be able to adapt to any style he needed to. He could wrestle the Dragon's style, maybe not as well, but well enough to pick up a bit more difficult win than expected.

I heard someone say that AA/HOgan is the best match of the third round so far but for a pure wrestling match this takes the cake. This would be a great match. I think that HBK would have to go to the submission move he used about three weeks ago to wear down Ultimo legs. After a couple of times of Dragon getting to the ropes he gets up one of those times to the superkick!

This match would be insanely great. But there is no way I can say I think Dragon ever goes over Shawn just becuase of the profile of the two guys involved. Shawn has the prestigous titles, the high profile matches and feuds, and Dragon, just, doesnt. Certainley Shawn goes over, but only after an at least 15 minute battle.

This match would be very interesting. It would be great to see HBK sell Dragon. This match is pretty one sided as HBK has hometown advantage, territroy advantage, and is way more over with the fans. This match would be great to see. HBK would definatley go over in 15 minutes or so. I would love to see this match, but sadly never will.

Which one is the most famous? Probably Dragon. Wrestling is a niche market in pretty much everywhere other than Mexico & Japan. Having been to Japan I can tell you how huge it is over there. Dragon is equally as good, just different. He wins imo.

This would be a good match in my opinion. It'd be good to see the 2 styles go against each other, and both are good workers. However the odds are against Ultimo Dragon, as Shawn is on home ground, and has a lot more WWE experience, if not it may be different. I think wrestlers wrestling in their hometown makes a difference on how they wrestle, and generally makes him better. I think Shawn Michaels would hit him with Sweet Chin Music after 15 minutes.

Dragon is bad ass, but I think the run ends here. HBK has had several good matches with Mysterio, so that's about the only thing I could relate this match too. I think Dragon is a little more complete then Rey as well. I think this would be an excellent match, but I don't think Dragon can win it. Should be much closer then what it indicates.

Results are here

Dream match here. It could go either way if you look at the basic physical stats of the guys, but factor in the Real Big Match atmosphere that HBK has been in you see the balance tip in the favour of HBK. Dragon has the experience to do well and make it a competitive and possibly the best match of the tournament. But HBK wins this. I can't say that enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back