Round 1, Day 7, Calgary, AL

Hart vs. Anderson

• #1 Bret Hart

• # 64 Ole Anderson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I love Honky, and think he is pretty underrated in general...dude, there is no denying...that tanaka would FUCK him up lol....one of the most brutal, entertaining, awesome wrestlers ive ever seen. Tanaka was about 10x entertaining as Honky with about 1/100th of the charisma. and thats saying something.

Like Jake said, name me a memroable Honky match???...while Tanaka on the other hand, was part of quite possibly the most badass, best match ive ever seen, Vs Mike awesome...Tanaka, easily for me...

Results are here

Masato Tanaka would kill Honky Tonk. Simple as that. He doesn't rely on ECW rules as a crutch to cover up their faults like The Sandman and New Jack. They added to his matches as logical progressions except when he challenges Balls Mahoney to bloody well try to flatten him with a straight chair shot to the head. Tanaka has also lost a bit of mass since ONS 2. But Diamond Dust to Honky Tonk man fairly quickly after the bell rings. and he will be shouting Dangan

I thought Kane rocked during his 2002ish days. He is terrible now, but Stevie ray was never good, ever lol. While im ahuge Harlem Heat mark, I can admit that Stevie ray is garbage. Kane, on the other hand, for a while, was one of the most intimidating, dominant, Monster heels around, and had a beastly gimmick. Kane FTW

Yes, wang can do a fine moonsault. And so can terry funk, at like 100 fuckin years old, or whatever he is. Funk is one of the most amazing, entertaining, and absolutely fucking crazy preformers ive ever seen. His old man manicalness, is unforgettable. His attitude era WWE days were all I really got to see of him, and I fuckin loved it. His RAW match with foley is a classic.

Ole Anderson is a legend, no doubt, but Bret Hart is arguably one of the top 2 or 3 in ring performers to ever lace a pair of wrestling boots. Bret Hart is incredibly good, and his ability to isolate a body part and just work that son of a bitch the entire match without skipping a beat is sick. Ole is good, Bret is great.

While I don't think Honky is as terrible as he is made out to be, Masato Tanaka is a sick fuck in that ring. Honestly, the guy is balls to the wall insane every match he gets into. Even not being an extreme rules match, there is just too much power and raw energy in Tanaka that he wouldn't lose this match.

Being called god is spread around a lot, but Terry Funk is certainly a wrestling god. I would argue that world wide he's just as big of a name as Flair or Hogan, but the man can still go and not embarass himself too bad. The shame is, most people remember him from his ECW days, and that Terry Funk couldn't even begin to lick the dog shit off the old Terry Funks boots. Terry Funk should win this one, and the next one easily, I think we're staring straight at a classic with Hart vs. Funk.

Rick Rude is another one of those guys that could be lumped into greatest wrestler to never have a world title. Now whether we want to argue the validity of Rude's "World" title reign, that's for another discussion. Rude is amazing, and like Jake said, the guy got multiple good matches out of the Ultimate Warrior, certainly not an easy task. Rude is so damn good overall it's scary.

Like Jake, if you can bust out an arsenal of different suplexes, chances are I'm marking out for you. Taz gets the label of being an ECW guy, but he was so far from it. He was a wrestling machine, a legit badass in and out of the ring. People mark out for Samoa Joe, well Taz was a better version of Samoa Joe and ten years sooner as well. Admittedly, I haven't seen much of Gedo or Jado, but I feel pretty comfortable voting for Taz in this matchup.

I think Konnan has even said that "Old Kobashi wuz da bomb yo". I think Konnan would even recognize that Kenta was out of his league. Kobashi is a damn good talent, and should win this one fairly easily. This should set up a match I would have loved to have seen, Kenta Kobashi vs. Taz

How do you fuck up one of the most over guys in your company, take the one thing away from him that made him unique. Why the hell the WWE would take the mask of Kane is still mind boggling. He dropped like a rock since then, but before then he was pretty decent. Mind you, the guy had to wear 4 or 5 inch heels so he was as big as the Undertaker, so I give the guy a ton of credit. Stevie Ray was always the link weak of Harlem Heat, and did jack shit on his own, Slap Jack Sucka!!!

Kid Kash is terrible, just god awful terrible. All the hype a few years back, Oh, Kid Kash is going to the WWE, blah blah blah. Yup, because that's what the cruiserweights needed, another terribley over rated small guy that has nothing unique about him and a pissy attitude to go along with it. At least Douglas could keep me entertained on the mic, and the crazy son of a bitch would take a high risk every once in a while. I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is, but I think he is better then what he is given credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back