• #3 Triple H

• #62 Marc Mero

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#3 Triple H vs. #62 Marvelous Marc Mero

The following match takes place in Hartford, CT under normal WCW Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is old school WCW, so the ring entrance and the ring are on the same level.)
3. Will crowd be a factor.

#30 Tully Blanchard vs. #35 Mike Awesome

The following match takes place in Hartford, CT under normal WCW Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is old school WCW, so the ring entrance and the ring are on the same level.)

#14 Andre the Giant vs. #51 Mikey Whipwreck

#19 Paul London vs. #46 Chris Kanyon

#6 The Legend Killer Randy Orton vs. #59 Doink the Clown

#27 Dustin Rhodes vs. #38 Balls Mahoney

#11 Abyss vs. #54 Chris Hero

#22 El Matador Tito Santana vs. Superstar Billy Graham

I know it's early but I hope the trend towards Billy Graham continues. Billy Graham will easily overpower Tito. I see Tito going for a flying body toss and gettting caught by Billy Graham and he takes over from there. Tito will shine early but in the end it's the Superstar!

Remember ECW fans this is in WCW! Dustin is the much better wrestler. I hate his new gimmick but he is a fine midcarder. Dustin will wear down the fatguy!

This match is tougher to pick than the seeding suggests. El Matador was an accomplished athlete, a former tag team and Intercontinental Champion, and wrestled for a great deal of time through periods of wrestling prosperity.

But Graham is the reason why we enjoy the pro wrestling product that we do today. Graham was the first to cut consistent, classic promos. He was practically the inventor of Kayfabe. Thanks to Graham, characters like Jesse Ventura, Hulk Hogan, and Scott Steiner existed. He was the first to transcend the face / heel line as fans liked him, no matter how hard he tried to be hated.

Graham was no slouch in terms of athleticism. He was within 4 pounds of the World Bench Press record at one time with a 596 pound flat bench lift. He also is the owner of the longest consecutive, uninterrupted title reign by any heel in WWF history at 296 days. Seems like guys such as HHH held it longer, but their reigns always had a hiccup.

Graham's "cool heel" persona also paved the way for the eventual advent of the characters that Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock turned into a legendary wrestling boom in the late 1990's.

Some of Graham's greatest matches involved such old schoolers as Baron von Ratchke, a one-hour NWA / WWF Championship unification bout with Harley Race (ended in a 60-minute draw) and Bob Backlund. Graham also competed in the 1980 "World's Strongest Man Competition," the same year friend Arnold Schwartzenegger returned to bodybuilding to win another Mr. Olympia. Graham placed 7th despite injury.

Graham's legacy is somewhat tainted due to his overuse of steroids for such a long period of time, but the man dedicated so much of his life and health to pro wrestling. He was big and strong, but also mean, fast, and technically fair. Tito is a great wrestler, but he cannot match Graham in any way really.

Billy Graham in 15 minutes when Tito taps out to the Ironman Bearhug.

1.jpg

I mentioned this in the main discussion but don't let a tradegy of justice happen like last year. This is in WCW and Mickey doesn't have a chance. When Andera hits Mickey it will be over with.

Remember this is about wrestling and not weapons or death. I hate what happen to the big fellar but Tully was three times the wrestler Awesome was. This also takes place in WCW where Tully ruled

Which Doink? And does it really matter?

Nope.

Orton in a walkover. I don't care for the character he portrays, but I see him continuing to improve.

It dosn,t matter were it was.In my view Awesome was good anywhere and everywhere.Im sure he,d make good use of the entrance ramp to his advantage.I know Tully is a excellent wrestler but Awesome would dominate with his speed and size.

Winner-Mike Awesome.R.I.P big man.

One of thr biggest landslides this round will see. HHH definately for the win. HHH is way more over with the fans. Even though HHH was never in WCW (under my knowledge), he would still win in a match. So far, my prediction is coming true as this is a huge landslde (19-0). HHH is way more effective in the ring, and would probably win in a match.

Mike Awesome was, I will concede, an amazing pure athlete. He could move extremely well for a guy his size, and his power added a great deal of impact to anything he did.

I look at this tournament as a game of rock, paper, scissors in the early going. A great wrestler (Blanchard) very often will ground a high-impact guy with reversals, scouting, and limb-psychology. A power guy will catch and swat away a high flyer before crushing them. A high flyer will come at the wrestler from the air, and since the wrestler lacks some of the power needed to catch and slam the high flyer, they don't have the defense.

In this case, the wrestler in Blanchard is able to ground Awesome, and use his experience to find a way to win. Don't get me wrong, I think we're looking at one of the best 1st round matches in the tournament here, but in this case, I will take one of the best technical wrestlers over one of the strongest heavy hitters in a non-hardcore division.

It dosn,t matter were it was.In my view Awesome was good anywhere and everywhere.Im sure he,d make good use of the entrance ramp to his advantage.I know Tully is a excellent wrestler but Awesome would dominate with his speed and size.

Winner-Mike Awesome.R.I.P big man.

I do think Mike Awesome was good as I said. However you say WCW doesn't matter. Where did Awesome suceed? ECW only. Wheares Tully did so in WCW and WWE/F. AS IC25 said Tully will ground Awesome. Tully is the superior wrestler.

I do think Mike Awesome was good as I said. However you say WCW doesn't matter. Where did Awesome suceed? ECW only. Wheares Tully did so in WCW and WWE/F. AS IC25 said Tully will ground Awesome. Tully is the superior wrestler.

So he didn,t succeed in WCW.Alot of wrestlers didn,t(Stone cold to name one).Mike Awesome achieved great sucess in Japan as the Gladitor.Tully may be the superior wrestler but I think Awesome is just to fast for the man.

So he didn,t succeed in WCW.Alot of wrestlers didn,t(Stone cold to name one).Mike Awesome achieved great sucess in Japan as the Gladitor.Tully may be the superior wrestler but I think Awesome is just to fast for the man.

You can make a fair case here. I cannot sit here and tell you "you're wrong" because you're backing Awesome up. He is talented and he would give Tully a tough match. A vote for Awesome is justified - but I stand by Tully getting the win.

^^HHH was in WCW for a short while, though he didn't gain much success. Either way, Marc Mero shouldn't gain a single vote. Maybe if we were talking old school WCW charecters and Mero was Johnny B Badd and HHH was Jean Paul Levesque, but its just the setting so Trips via the Pedigree in under 3 mins.

Results are Here

Do your research on Triple H. He was in it. He faced off with Alex Wright on PPV. he went by the name Jean Jacques Levesque. So he has worked in WCW. He made the gimmick work just so you know. This match is over quickly andanyone that votes for Mero is just rabidly anti-Triple H. TripleH is better in the ring. He is just that damn good. Pedigree for the win.

I love both of these guys. When I was younger my favorite PPV's were Survivor Series. When Santana made it to the Main Event along side Hogan and the Warrior (the two biggest wrestlers at the time) I nearly peed my pants. Something about his style was always entertaining.

The Superstar is sometimes refered to as "The Original Hulk Hogan" for all the reason IC25 said.

Still I went with Tito. I think after about a 15 minute match mostly Superstar dominating with a move from Santana here and there, Tito will win with a roll up out of nowhere shocking Big Billy. This will be billed as an upset with the smaller man going over.

Balls is actually a pretty damn good wrestler. He would murder Dustin if this was ECW rules. Even without them, Balls should pull this out.

As much as I am a fan of both performers, I had to go with Tito. Graham was a powerhouse, but is mostly remembered for his mic work. Ya don't win matches with promos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back