• #1 Bret Hart

• # 64 Ole Anderson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#1 Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs. #64 Ole Anderson

The following match takes place in Calgary, AL under normal WCW Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is old school WCW, so the ring entrance and the ring are on the same level.)
3. Will crowd be a factor.

#32 Masato Tanaka vs. #33 The Honky Tonk Man

The following match takes place in Calgary, AL under normal WCW Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is old school WCW, so the ring entrance and the ring are on the same level.)

#16 Terry Funk vs. #49 Jimmy Wang Yang

#17 Ravishing Rick Rude vs. #48 CW Anderson

#8 The Human Suplex Machine Taz vs. #57 Gedo

#25 Kenta Kobashi vs. #40 Konnan

#9 Kane vs. #56 Stevie Ray

#24 The Franchise Shane Douglas vs. #41 Kid Kash

Results are here

Because we know how good Rick Rude is, and in all honesty he is most likely to win this match up. I am going to go with CW Anderson, overlooked is something that I would use to describe him. He knows how to work a crowd. Steve Corino has called him a ring general. He is surprisingly good in his ring work. He portrays the enforcer gimmick in a way that leaves you in no doubt. His I quit match he had with Tommy Dreamer is show enough for you in terms of a classic match. He has been very successful in Japan and on the Indy Curcuit of North America. That is why I think CW Anderson could take Rick Rude.

While Honky Tonk was a wily competitor, I don't think he has the goods to take on a powerhouse like Tanaka. I think as long as Tanaka didn't get himself dq'd with some kind of c4 laced barbed wire table, he'd take the victory with a running elbow from the entrance ramp.

Results are here

Kenta Kobashi should win this one very very easily. Konnan may be good. But Kobashi will kill him. Kenta has some of the sickest Chops ever. combined with Numerous classic matches with all number of people. But this match is over fairly quickly with a Burning Lariat to Konnan for the win.

Old school Kane was badass. New Kane sans mask sucks.

Either Kane could still destroy the incredibly shitty Stevie Ray.

Did I mention Stevie Ray sucked massively?

Kane.

Taz is one of the most underrated wrestlers of all time in my opinion. I can't describe enough how much I am a fan of this guy.

If the WWE didn't completely bury him, he could have been huge. I mean that 100%, the fans love a badass, and Taz is a legit badass. He was getting HUGE pops when he first debuted, up to his match with Triple H for the World Title (and the ECW title as well in a one-off shot) around April or May of 2000. Then suddenly he was thrown into the Hardcore division (Taz was never a hardcore wrestler despite being from ECW---he was a technical machine, through and through) and all but disappeared, coming back for a brief and terrible heel turn against Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross.

Gedo is someone who I think is very underrated at a 57 seed and someone who I guarantee most of our posters don't know, and probably won't even give a second thought to. Which is a shame, because Gedo has had some stone cold classics in Japan with guys like Jericho, Benoit, and Jushin "Thunder" Liger.

Still, Taz is the way to go here.

Oh my god, Shocky, It's Terry fucking Funk!

Terry Funk, in my humble opinion, is the greatest wrestler to ever live. No one has ever entertained me more in wrestling both in the ring and on the mic then Terry Funk. He dominated the territories (with a brief and strange WWE stint) from the 70s to the 90s. He jumpstarted and gave real star power to a struggling promotion called ECW, and redefined himself as a wrestler. He went from being a 60 minute man like Ric Flair, only tougher, to one of the best hardcore wrestlers of all time.

I like Jimmy Yang. He's a good CW that reminds me of the days when the WWE atleast pretended to care about that division and brought in guys like Ultimo Dragon.

But we're talking TERRY FUCKIN FUNK BABY!

Vote Terry or Die.

Results are Here

Taz is good but with who he comes up against next there is no shot in hell of him getting any further than the Second Round if people do their Goddamned Research on Wrestlers before voting. If this was anyone else I would seriously think about giving the match to the second most successful member of Team No Respect. The Most Successful being Jericho. But Taz is that much of a Machine in the ring that I give it to Taz with one of his Taz-plexes.

Results are Here

I have only Two words. Terry Fucking Funk. You cannot have a legend like Funk and him losing to anyone where the advantage is naturally in Funks favour either ECW or WCW is in Terry Funk's favour. He is loved Everywhere, in Japan there is a Telly! Telly! chant. he is one of the foreigners that are loved over there like Vader, Bruiser Brody and Mick Foley. Though he is one of the few really old school wrestlers that can still go really well due to his adaption to newer styles and to styles that cover his decrease in his former ability. He could have a Retirement match tomorrow and he would probably get up and go again in a months time after that.

Jimmy Yang is good but Funk is Funkin better than good.

Tough choice. But I'll go with Funk. Yang has only really proved himself in WCW and the occasional WWE match. He's great imo. But he isn't better than Funk. Certainly not Funk the wrestler. Shame the Ric Flair effect will stop Funk going far though.

I would go for Gedo. But I'm a huge Tazz mark. Suplexes I love 'em. He also has the wrestling talent too. ECW made you believe that somebody that short could be a legit hard ass. You couldn't imagine that with Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio or even Dean Malenko.

I like Kane. But his matches suck. The guy can't wrestle for shit. Never has been able too. Lucky for him he has a killer gimmick. Stevie Ray in the other hand sucks too, but doesn't have the gimmick to save him.

Konnan what was the big deal with him? Average. Overpushed and overpaid. He was only really entertaining in LAX but that was just him talking more aggresivley than usual. Kobashi on the other hand is one of the best ever.

Could Honky actually wrestle? He was all gimmick imo. He may well be the longest reigning IC champ. But other than The Warrior squash were there any memorable title defences? Entertaing as hell but not worthy as a wrestler.

No contest. Rick Rude. If a guy like him can have a good match with The Warrior not once, but several times then it shows his talent. Excellent all rounder.

As for Anderson in a few years time he'll be one of those wrestlers who you remember the name but nothing else. He only got pushed because ECW was dying.

Has anyone watched Douglas wrestle? Really have you? He's not great. ECW booking will do that to you, make you appear better than you are. If it comes to matches outside ECW and in ECW it's Kash. Boring mat wrestler or boring high flyer. Has to be the one with the cool bumps.

What I've seen of Anderson has been what WWE have provided for me (for the sum of £25). While I grew up with Bret Hart. Having watched wrestling consistently since 1987 or so there was one or two wrestlers who stayed on my TV screen for years. Bret Hart was one of them. Even if he sucked he'd get through.

Bret Hart, simply put, is the fuckin MAN. Put him with anyone, any style, any night, and you will get better than 80% of the WWE can give you right now. Brawling, technical, some high flying even, Bret could do it, and do it as good, most of the time better, than anyone. One of the all time best sellers there has ever been. Very underrated on the promo front I feel, becuase his stuff in his later heel days was pretty damn great. I have a lot of resoect for ole, but he doesnt even come close to Bret for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back