Round 1, Day 6, Tampa, FL

Discussion in 'The 2nd Annual WrestleZone Tournament (2008)' started by Shocky, Jan 30, 2008.

?

Macho Man vs. Guerrero

1. #4 Randy Savage

2. #61 Gory Guerrero

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

4 Macho Man Randy Savage vs. #61 Gory Guerrero

The following match takes place in Tampa, Fl under normal WCW Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

1. Not a popularity contest.
    2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is old school WCW, so the ring entrance and the ring are on the same level.)
    3. Will crowd be a factor.

2. Shocky

#29 Roderick Strong vs. #36 Antonio Inoki

The following match takes place in Tampa, Fl under normal WCW Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is old school WCW, so the ring entrance and the ring are on the same level.)

3. Shocky

#13 Jeff Hardy vs. #52 Hacksaw Jim Duggan

4. Shocky

#20 Jerry Lynn vs. #45 Magnum TA

5. Shocky

#5 The King of Harts Owen Hart vs. #60 Matt Cross

6. Shocky

#28 John Morrison vs. #37 D-Von Dudley

7. Shocky

#12 Jushin Thunder Liger vs. #53 Gangsta New Jack

8. Shocky

#21 Warrior "Warrior" Warrior vs. Abdullah the Butcher

9. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

A battle of the over rated stars. I have my issues against Warrior despite how much fun he was in the 90's. But The Butcher was a man who got over due to bloody shock value and name recognition. He's out of shape and one-dimensional. Warrior is strong enough to handle Abdullah's girth, and due to Warriors intensity, Butcher will never get much offense in that Warrior won't shake off.

Warrior in 12 minutes, only because he leaves the ring for 4 minutes to slap a gay guy at ringside. F'ing bigot.

10. IrishCanadian25

New Jack is worthless. ECW was the only even remotely successful promotion who would touch him because of his shock value, basically because he perpetuated the stereotype of an inner-city black gangsta and took professional wrestling violence to a stupid level. He's a hack. I cannot stand him.

Jushin Liger, however, is among the most majestic and agile athletes in Japanese Wrestling history. Long before Psicosis and Over-REY-ted Mysterio, Liger's elaborate (and awfully durable) mask was the symbol of Japanese and Lucha Libre styles of high flying. Liger was also a fair mat wrestler with some neat submission holds and reversals. It's a shame he never got a sustained run in America.

Liger wins when Jack gets DQ'ed for pullin his '9 and Bussin a cap. Which Liger, incidentally, dodges.

11. IrishCanadian25

Morrison is such a natural athlete, despite being an arrogant kid. He was awesome on Tough Enough 3 (prayers are with Matt Cappotelli) and has really come into his own with ECW and the Intercontinental Title. He has a long career ahead of him.

D-Von was the unsuccessful brother on one of the best tag teams of all time. I don't see him having ANY singles ability whatsoever.

12. Shadowmancer

Shadowmancer I am The Last Baron

Results are Here

Im giving the nod to Abby here. He is one of the Two fathers of Hardcore. He was Hardcore before ECW. He can also work non Hardcore matches effectively. you must also take into account his Physical Prime with Mental edge he has now. Abdullah has the benefit of working for many decades on his side. Warrior doesn't deserve to even lick the boots of Abdullah, Sly he continues to sell unlike Warrior, you want proof go onto the Ring of Honor store and on one of the Japanese Wreestling sections is an Abdullah the Butcher toy. that is still selling merch.

13. Shadowmancer

Results are here

How can you not vote for Antonio Inoki. While he may have gotten beat by Muhammed Ali in what could be one of the First MMA contests. He was trained by Rikidozan, tagged with Giant Baba. He is the founder of NJPW. He is one of the most recgnisable names in Pro Wrestling. And will beat Rodrick Strong easily.

14. tarp

tarp Pre-Show Stalwart

This will probably be a close one. Jerry Lynn is good but Magnum had the complete package. He can move better than most his side and also had that mean side. I think he will get the suplex on Lynn when he goes for a rope move.

15. emperor.indian

emperor.indian Dark Match Winner

john morrison oozes charisma and has such a bright future ahead
    morrison is better than D-VON in all wrestling skills like speed, stamina, moves, high flying moves and above all his technique is so much better than D von.
    D-von is essentially a tag team wrestler who doesnt even belong in a singles match.

john morrison with an easy victory

16. Tomko

Tomko Guest

D-Von wasn't the star of the Dudley Boys and Morrison is becoming a up-and-coming mid-carder. Morrison in 6:00.

17. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

Wow. What a shitty match. Against anyone else with a shred of talent, I'd vote against Hardy here.

Duggan was just garbage. Absolute pathetic garbage. One of the worst wrestlers of all time.

Holy GOD Jim Duggan sucked so badly...

18. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

WOAH what the fuck is up with all of these votes for Magnum TA?

Magnum TA sucked. He had one good feud, and that was with Tully Blanchard that resulted in the infamous steel cage I Quit match (which is one of the best matches of all time, hands down).

Jerry Lynn on the other hand could wrestle circles around Magnum TA, and just about anyone else. If he wasn't totally buried in the WWE, maybe people would realize how talented he is.

Lynn all the way.

19. Shadowmancer

Results are Here

Seriously whoever voted for New Jack is a Nob. Straight up and down here. Jushin Thunder Liger wins this one Within a span of 4:00, 7:00 if you include ring entrances for Liger as the entire match is New Jacks ring Entrance. Liger is so fricking Awesome that it is hard to come up with a reason for him not to win this match since it is under WCW rules.

20. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

I was always entertained by New Jack. But he'#s not a wrestler. I could do what New Jack does. There's no talent involved at all. At least for once a Japanese wrestler who hasn't been in WWE will get through. Shame it's probably still on name and not on talent. People will be voting for him because they've heard he's good more than anything.

21. Y 2 Jake

Duggan was an excellent brawler in his day. He's worthless other than that but at least he had one good thing going for him. Hardy get's crowds on their feet by jumping of high shit. For his money I'd jump off high shit too.

22. Y 2 Jake

Death has made Owen more popular than he would be otherwise. But that still doesn't hide the fact he was the more intresting out of the Hart brothers. It's debatable who's better. I always thought Bret, but Owen wasn't far off.

23. Y 2 Jake

Savage can pretty much get a buy to the semi-finals at least. Excellent wrestler, intresting character. Great all round. Never as popular as Hogan but more varied.

24. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

Gotta go with hardy. Duggan is absolutely fuckin horrendous. I mean, really REALLY bad. Like getting outvoted 25 to 5 to JEFF HARDY bad....Hardy has had quite a many memorable matches in his carreer, wether they be gimmick or not. I cant think of one classic "hacksaw" match. not one.

25. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

Savage, my favorite for at least the finals, maybe the win. Amazingly crazy, fucking hilarious promos, that to me, are the definition of the period of wrestling that he was most readily involved with. Great charisma, great selling ability, great athletecism, and ring work, and psyhcology. Savage for the win, most definately.