Round 3, Match 14: #6 Randy Orton vs. #43 Billy Graham

Discussion in 'The 2nd Annual WrestleZone Tournament (2008)' started by Shocky, Feb 13, 2008.

?

RKO vs. Graham

1. #6 Randy Orton

2. #43 Billy Graham

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

#6 The Legend Killer Randy Orton vs. #43 Superstar Billy Graham

The following match takes place in Hartford, CT under normal WCW Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

1. Not a popularity contest.
    2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is old school WCW, so the ring entrance and the ring are on the same level.)
    3. Will crowd be a factor.
    4. This is the last round for non gimmick matches

2. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

Hard not to go with the Legend Killer here, as he has proven himself to work well with just about anyone. Someone as large as Graham will more than likely try to get a bearhug on Orton, which would be countered somehow into a quick rko for the win at abotu 15 minutes.

3. BooCocky

BooCocky On A Nature walk with Daniel Bryan

I voted for Billy Graham, I dont know if he is a legend for all the wrong reasons, but he is a legend nonetheless. Orton has a bright future, and has proven a lot in such little times, I know he is the legend killer but i can not see him going over Graham, maybe in a couple years, but not now. Graham was about 20 years too early but he did pave the way for a lot of things we have seen over the years. Graham catches Orton napping, and locks him in the bearhug after the 15 minute mark.

4. MastrPlanner

MastrPlanner Dark Match Winner

Randy Orton just plain doesn't impress me. He is going for "methodical" but seems to end up as "slow, stiff, and unimaginative." The Superstar was a power player and I think he could shake Orton up...literally.

Superstar goes over. Orton goes home.

5. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

I don't know how Orton is winning this thing. I thought for sure Graham was going to go on and relatively easy. He's bigger, stronger, smarter and simply better then Orton at this point in his career. Orton has potential, but hasn't done nearly enough to warrant him beating Graham in any match.

6. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

Orton has only been good in 2004 and during his current title run. Graham was pretty poor in the ring. But his promos made wrestling what it is today. He had an effect on wrestling, which is something Orton never will.

7. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

Graham had an effect on wrestling because he did something that came naturally to the business at a time when nobody else was. Since then, dozens of guys have copied him, and even more have come up with new stuff.

It's tough for Orton to come up with something that "has a profound effect" on wrestling because so much of it has been done already. I think Orton is carving himself a niche as a Jake Roberts type who realizes his potential and stays focused. The concussion angle is great because it makes fans of faces fearful.

I went for Orton. He is very serious about his status as "The Legend Killer" and I think that would give him the momentum needed to carry him through this match. He can strike without warning, which Graham would not be ready for.

Despite the fact that Graham never wrestled Bob Orton Jr., they were around the same era. So Randy gets the check mark for "scouting report."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.