Round 2, Day 4

Triple H vs. Awesome

• #3 Triple H

• #35 Mike Awesome

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Results are Here

Davey Boy is so much better than Tomko, so much so that it doesn't matter where they face off. they have similar physiques and similar power moves, but The Bulldog has the technical ability to take down Tomko and wear him down for the big Running Powerslam. Game over for Tomko.

Results are here

Cage wins this somehow. I don't know how but he manages to pull out a victory on this one as OMG does have a size advantage but Big Daddy Ritter is not that good in the ring. Cage has the ability and he is a CLB that may play to his advantage but in a WWE ring he has an advantage due to being from there and then going to TNA where he has added to his arsenal so I can't see Cage losing because he will at the very last resort cheat to win.

Results are here

Randy Orton and his very Heel Wrestling style is effective, He is the only one of the Two Top Heels in the WWE right now that will consistently get Heat from the fans, all because of his style of Wrestling, which I have seen called boring but it not only is effective but it sets up for the RKO. So "Another Headlock?" Randy is going to go through based on the complete fact that he will hit Dustin with the RKO whenever Orton gets bored.

Results are here

This would be the worst dream of some TNA fans. Two great Wrestlers going to Wrestle in the E. But AJ is the only one that can walk out of this match as winner as you look at it from the point of view that currently he is wrestling as a Heavyweight, Lethal is Wrestling as a Cruiserweight. 9 times out of 10 the Heavyweight will win. That is why I like the term Light heavyweight for guys like AJ and Lethal, it is a great term, it gives them a shot against Heavyweights as they are lighter but it doesn't mean they don't have a shot in hell of winning. Anyway Styles Clash to win this match.

i love abyss but im gonna have to say that more people liked billy than abyss and i just dont think wcw is abyss territory

Not a big fan of Triple H, but he goes over Awesome in this one. I think Awesome is a little better then what he is given credit for, but Triple H can handle the big guy, especially early in the tournament like this. Awesome is raw power, even moreso then the game, but he's going to have a tough time beating someone that is probably smarter then him when his power advantage is negated

Andre the Giant could have gone to a brewery and drank every drop of alcohol in there and still beat Paul London with both hands tied behind his back. The size advantage alone is enough to win this match. London hasn't been in the ring with anyone half the size of Andre the Giant. The Giant wins in a literal squash.

I think Rhodes had the potential to be a big star in the business, but it simply never panned out. Rhodes may have benefited a lot in his young career with Dusty booking for him, but he still had to wrestle those matches in the early 90's. Plus, the creepiness of the original run of Gold Dust was something special in the business.

All that being said, Randy Orton should win this match. Orton, when he's not a complete and useless dick, can turn it on in the ring like no one in the current WWE. He sells like no other and the RKO is almost as sweet as the Diamond Cutter with its randomness.

Abyss is good, but he's not in Graham's league. Graham was a trend setter in the sport and is responsible for the product we see today. Graham isn't a technician by any means, but his power should be enough to counter the power of Abyss.

As i said in the first round, you have to remember with Jay Lethal that the kid is in all reality, a kid. He is in his lower 20's and performing on a level most main eventers in bigger federations wish they could. Jay Lethal has all the potential in the world to be a super star in the business, but if he can survive without the Black Machismo gimmick is yet to be seen.

Styles on the other hand is a proven talent. The guy is so fun and good to watch in the ring. Styles should win this one, but give this match a rematch in a few years, and I think you may have a different outcome.

Tomko is only in the 2nd round because of his first round matchup being relatively weak. Tomko has improves since his WWE days, but that still isn't saying much. I think he has a ton of upside, but I haven't seen anything that would indicate he should beat the Bulldog in any match. The Bulldog should win this one with ease.

If Cage were to try and go into a power match, then obviously he's a dead man walking. I think the move to TNA has done wonders for Cage's career. He was always going to be a career midcarder in the E, despite favorable crowd support. He took a chance, and I think it has worked out. He's taken on leadership in the ring, and his matches have improved because of it. i think he has enough to take the big man down.

I'm just happy that people did the right thing and voted Batista out of here in round one, thank you Rhino. That being said, Rhino is one and done and Muta wins this one. As Shadowmancer said, Muta is one of the greats in the business. You don't have to be a fan of Japanese wrestling to appreciate the appeal of the guy.

Why WWE never gave Awesome a monster push is beyond me. Oh right Taker. Anyway he's still far more entertaining that HHH. Trips is a good wrestler but he's still one of the most boring wrestlers of all time. I've said before he was entertaining in 1997-98. But once his main event push started it turned to shit. He also hasn't adapted at all in the past 9 years. At least Awesome was that 70's Guy.

Graham may have been shit. But without him there wouldn't be a Hogan. Certainly not like the version we know. And if there's no Hogan then is WWE the same? Maybe, maybe not. But you can't deny his impact on the buisness.

All Abyss has done has made me unintrested in thumb tac's.

Lethal will never be a huge star. He's over because he's doing Randy Savage impersonations. Before that he was the young jobber. Above Sonjay Dutt but below every other X-Divisoion wrestler. He's great, but he's tiny. Ask Spike Dudley how long the underdog role lasts.

Both are poor. But at least Tomko tries. Take away Smiths tag matches and you aren't really left with much. Two Bret Hart matches, a Shamrock, a few HBK, Austin and Owen ones. He was a lazy wrestler. He used to gass out after 10 minutes in each match anyway. Enlarged hearts will do that to you.

Cage has longevity. OMG had a brief Hogan feud, then Akeen gimmick change then that was it. Other than a pointless US title run. Both are mid carders, but Cage has main event mic skills.

I'd love to see this match. I never expected Rhino to get far anyway. But at least he's gone out to somebody who is actually better than he is. Muta is a legend. As for Japanese wrestlers in this tourney I would have expected him Liger & Tajiri to get the furthest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back