Round 3, Match 24: #5 Owen Hart vs. #12 Jushin Thunder Liger

The Rocket vs. Liger

• #5 Owen Hart

• #12 Jushin Thunder Liger

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#5 The King of Harts Owen Hart vs. #12 Jushin Thunder Liger

The following match takes place in Tampa, Fl under normal WCW Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is old school WCW, so the ring entrance and the ring are on the same level.)
3. Will crowd be a factor.
4. This is the last round for non gimmick matches.

I would literally kill a man to see this match right here. Thats how fucking good it would be.

Is there anyone on these forums who WOULDN'T want to watch this match, like right now?

Both are amazing, simply amazing. Alot of people think Owen Hart is overrated and loved so much only because he's dead (it's true to a certain extent) but damnit he was one of the best wrestlers in the WWF during the 1990s. Owen Hart was one of the guys like HBK, Bulldog, Scott Hall, Curt Hennig and his brother Bret that kept that undercard stacked with classics during the transitional phase from the old cartoonish 1980s wrestling to the new 1990s cutting edge style of wrestling entertainment.

And at the same time, Jushin Liger has never failed to impress me. Every time he gets in that ring you can just tell he's giving 100%. The man is a legend of Japanese wrestling and helped to provide a solid backbone to WCW in the 90's with their international Cruiserweight division (the best CW division the US has ever seen, thats for sure) that never failed to entertain.

But I've got to go with Owen Hart here. He seriously is that good. If you don't believe me, watch his matches with his brother Bret (especially their cage match) and his matches with HBK and Bulldog. Great stuff. And he always made a jobber look decent in the ring as well, he was kinda like Mick Foley in that he would make you look better coming out of a match, even if you lost to him.

Owen is one of my guys and I'm sticking to him in this tourny.

Hard choice but I've got to go with Liger. Both deserve to go far. But Liger is still going just as good today as he was years ago. Well maybe he's slipped a little, but he's pretty much the same wrestler. Owen is overrated because he's dead. He was great, but like most dead wrestlers people vote because of his premature death. If he was alive I'd vote, but he aint, so I wont.

I went with Liger, but it was one of the hardest choices I've had to make in the tournament yet. This would be an absolute classic that would have to go at least 25 minutes. Owen could wrestle a cruiserweight style match as well as anyone, but Liger may be the greatest cruiserweight of all time. Owen could've been a world champion, but against liger, in a company where liger had good success, I have to go with Liger, but wouldn't be suprised either way.

Fuck me, this one fucking sucks, very hard match to choose. Owen Hart isn't over rated, he's under rated. He was never appreciated fully by the fans for how good he was. He was as solid as it got in the WWF in the mid-90's. The guy was capable of so much, but jsut couldn't get threw the glass ceiling.

I love Owen, but I can't vote him past Liger. Liger's all around body of work was fucking amazing, and no knock to Owen, he still going. Liger was a guy that made the small guy fun to watch stateside. This maybe the best matchup thus far, but Liger will get the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back