Raw's 02/21/11 Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprise how anyone hasn't notice this. As the guy with the trench walks away, he lifts up something with his foot, and places it on his shoulder.

GIFSoup

That's a good catch, honestly. I see the hesitation in the movement, and you could be right. Regardless of whether its Sting or not, if it was Sting, this is how I see it going down next Monday...

Taker shows up, makes his way to the ring, talks about how he wants to seek revenge on the Corre, then, says he's not doing it alone. The vignette re-airs, showing each vignette put together, but the final part shows the gif that you have, where the figure pauses. The camera pans up, and shows the figure place a baseball bat on his shoulder, and starts walking towards the house. Then of course, either Sting's Crow-era music plays, or hell, the last WCW theme he used, Metallica's "Seek and Destroy," being one of my more favorite themes...

Now that would get a huge response out of the arena, undoubtedly, and cue "Ultimate Mark Out Moment of 2011."

That's how I would see the revealing of Sting, if it was him, as well as Taker.
...again, not saying its him, just saying how I see him being revealed.

That's a good catch, honestly. I see the hesitation in the movement, and you could be right. Regardless of whether its Sting or not, if it was Sting, this is how I see it going down next Monday...

Taker shows up, makes his way to the ring, talks about how he wants to seek revenge on the Corre, then, says he's not doing it alone. The vignette re-airs, showing each vignette put together, but the final part shows the gif that you have, where the figure pauses. The camera pans up, and shows the figure place a baseball bat on his shoulder, and starts walking towards the house. Then of course, either Sting's Crow-era music plays, or hell, the last WCW theme he used, Metallica's "Seek and Destroy," being one of my more favorite themes...

Now that would get a huge response out of the arena, undoubtedly, and cue "Ultimate Mark Out Moment of 2011."

That's how I would see the revealing of Sting, if it was him, as well as Taker.
...again, not saying its him, just saying how I see him being revealed.

It would be hugeeee. WWE is trying to hide this as possible because i don't think everyone forgets how BIG this could or would be. Sting to the WWE, is historic.

It would be hugeeee. WWE is trying to hide this as possible because i don't think everyone forgets how BIG this could or would be. Sting to the WWE, is historic.

And the timing, a PG WWE, couldn't be more appropriate for a possible debut in WWE. Possibly retiring soon, would secure his financial stability for him and his family for a long time. With the silence not yet breaking, Sting considering retirement within a year or so isn't very far-fetched.

The timing seems perfect to me. An epic career deserves a much bigger stage. What better of a director than WWE, and what bigger of a stage than Wrestlemania?

Okay, I was one of the many who believed it's Sting, but I really can't believe that is him anymore. There's nothing in this last promo that leads to me believing it is in fact Sting. Yes, there are many who say that you can see Sting symbolism. Well, I set there and looked hard at it too. You know what? I can see anything I want myself to believe is there. There's a skull on the side of the wall when the lighting flashes. That could be Austin, is it? No. It could also be triple h. However, the only really thing that we learned from this last vignette is that there are two people, with a possibility of there being three. From the chest shot when it pans up to the guys face. That's not Taker, It's not triple h, personally I believe it's HBK. Just looks very much like him. I believe that it's HHH outside. so yeah, I don't believe it's sting, but I'll eat my words if it is.

It is a bat guys. Cause look, theres no cape on his jacket from the 1st photo. And the jacket presses against his boots just like the 2nd photo (with the bat).

2ih5ob8.jpg

2i1jgn4.jpg

Been reading the forums since all that 2/21/11 hype blew up and just had to register and say my bit

Ok from the very first promo there certainly were elements it could be Sting but it didn't seem convincing enough for me.. I did however know straight away this would certainly mark Taker's return but the return would be handled different than usual due to what i'll say next..

From the second promo well like i said Taker's return was sealed....BUT cut now to the 3rd promo which in my opinion has HBK, HHH and Taker in it... Taker's body, rises up to HBK's chin/bit of face and then blends into to HHH's face.. There is history between Taker and HBK of course and this would as reports suggest set up Taker VS HHH which would tie in perfect.. This is my reason why the Taker return is different and why the creative team/Vince/whoever decided to go with this way in bringing back Taker instead of his normal return promos

I could be wrong but i am 99.9% sure it's the start of the Taker, HHH storyline with HBK playing some role in that match between the pair at Mania

Which video is this in, and at what point in that video?
Because that still looks like its a part of the coat in motion.

Its like an phantom with his side jacker and the bat. You gotta watch, cause its tricky. Its part 2 of the promos. And its when he's coming into the house, and as he's walking in you can see a black stick. But watch it, its tricky.

Its like an phantom with his side jacker and the bat. You gotta watch, cause its tricky. Its part 2 of the promos. And its when he's coming into the house, and as he's walking in you can see a black stick. But watch it, its tricky.

I found the part you mentioned. It is very tricky to pin point exactly what you're looking for, but I see what you mean.

The shiny part that you highlighted somewhat resembles a bat being held in the left hand, and I screened the same area at a different point.

22111vid1.png

Yeah, it looks like it, even has a space between the object and the coat. It could be the coat in motion, or a bat.
Good catch, sir.

I found the part you mentioned. It is very tricky to pin point exactly what you're looking for, but I see what you mean.

The shiny part that you highlighted somewhat resembles a bat being held in the left hand, and I screened the same area at a different point.

22111vid1.png

Yeah, it looks like it, even has a space between the object and the coat. It could be the coat in motion, or a bat.
Good catch, sir.

BINGO! And they can't show a clear bat. That would ruin the surprise. And the reason why we didn't see the first time, was because we were focused on the boots, cause of the first promo.

Just watched the promo again in slo-mo and rewind. I could swear that when the wall is shown and lightning hits, you can see what appears to be a 'scorpion' carved into the cement wall with a bird in flight (a crow perhaps?) just above it. If you pause the frame, you can see these 'carvings' just right of center.
Annd who is that outside if Undertaker is inside?
Fuel to the fire?

OK, I finally got a decent quality shot of what I was talking about.
BTW This occurs at approximately the 7 second mark of the official WWE.com video.

I've circled in red what I see in the shot of the wall at the split second that the lightning hits. I emphasize...this is just what I SEE! You don't have to see it you may see something totally different.

1. I clearly see what resembles a person digging a grave or building a coffin. Might signify Taker.
2. I see what resembles 2 people: the one on the right beating down the one on the left...I may be reaching.(Taker beating down HBK?...purely speculation)
3. I see what resembles either a) a Scorpion (signifying Sting) or b) a skull weaing a crown (signifying HHH). It all depends on what angle you view this.

Again...you may see absolutley nothing at all or something totally different.
Take from it what you wish...I'm just speculating.
Right now my thoughts are this:
100% sure Taker is returning
70% sure that HHH and HBK are involved as well in order to avenge HBK and for HHH to challenge Taker
55% sure that Sting is involved along with Taker...but not to challenge Taker, but to team with him against Nexus/Corre/Barrett/Kane. Sting being the one that 'resurrected' Taker (with his 'Crow' persona) ..."Ain't no grave, can hold my body down"
.00001% sure that the Repo Man (who used to wear a Trenchcoat) has come to repossess Takers hearse for lack of payment LOL

Please be gentle in your criticisms :worship:

Here goes nothing :shrug::

14czl7n.jpg

You guys are really... REALLY reaching. I think I lose brain cells every time I read the latest posts of this thread.

Sting has nothing to do with this promo. The first one kind of had a Sting feel to it. That's it. KIND OF. Nothing more. I'm pretty sure if the Undertaker himself looked right into the camera and said "Hi WWE Universe... it's Me... The Undertaker!" Some morons on here would still swear is was just Sting wearing an Undertaker mask and that the WWE was just trying to throw us off.

Let. It. Go.

You guys are really... REALLY reaching. I think I lose brain cells every time I read the latest posts of this thread.

Sting has nothing to do with this promo. The first one kind of had a Sting feel to it. That's it. KIND OF. Nothing more. I'm pretty sure if the Undertaker himself looked right into the camera and said "Hi WWE Universe... it's Me... The Undertaker!" Some morons on here would still swear is was just Sting wearing an Undertaker mask and that the WWE was just trying to throw us off.

Let. It. Go.

I say, some people are going too far with it. Like seeing things in the concrete, all that looks like to me is some moss growing inside the cracks of the concrete. The bat thing that Yankee brought up though, that was interesting.

And remember, people are also posting reasons to believe why its Sting, beyond the aesthetics of the videos. There is a lack of communication between Sting and the wrestling world in general. He has yet to speak about his wrestling status, where he's going, or anything.

I'm not gonna post the evidence of what we have so far, because I've done that like at least 10 times.

People aren't gonna give up until next Monday. And even then, if its not Sting, people are still gonna be curious about Sting's plans for his wrestling future.

We already know its Undertaker's return, its just a question of who is going to face him at Wrestlemania. Whatever happens, this has been a long, interesting 4 weeks. I just hope the outcome is entertaining, and worth it in the long run.

I'm losing the will to live, the Scorpion cravings and digging graves is just going to far. Its ridicilous.

I posted a few pages back stating it could be Sting - because TNA removed him from Roster, he hasnt turned up on TNA and because he hasnt publicy denied anything - that is all. Wishful thinking but this garbage on this page is getting embarrasing!

The Directors of this video must be pissing themselves reading this crap!!! Interesting theorys guys, I applaud you but I would just wait until Monday.

I say, some people are going too far with it. Like seeing things in the concrete, all that looks like to me is some moss growing inside the cracks of the concrete. The bat thing that Yankee brought up though, that was interesting.

And remember, people are also posting reasons to believe why its Sting, beyond the aesthetics of the videos. There is a lack of communication between Sting and the wrestling world in general. He has yet to speak about his wrestling status, where he's going, or anything.

I'm not gonna post the evidence of what we have so far, because I've done that like at least 10 times.

People aren't gonna give up until next Monday. And even then, if its not Sting, people are still gonna be curious about Sting's plans for his wrestling future.

We already know its Undertaker's return, its just a question of who is going to face him at Wrestlemania. Whatever happens, this has been a long, interesting 4 weeks. I just hope the outcome is entertaining, and worth it in the long run.

I think this is a fair assessment of the curent situation, kudos.

As a long-time fan, I have to say that the prospect of the WWE signing the last remaining big-name talent who has never worked for them would be huge for me and it has me genuinely excited for the first-time in a long while.

If it turns out not to involve Sting, I will genuinely be disappointed. Not because the WWE swerved me, as they obviously haven't indicated it to be Sting, but in that the IWC's ideas and hopes will have been better than their rehash of Wrestlemania 17 idea will prove to be.

Sting vs Undertaker would be an epic matchup, Sting vs Son-in-Law would suck.

Again.

Tbh, last year, i wanted Triple H to face Undertaker this year, because it be perfect since what happened at WM26, and there wm17 feud was so great.

BUT. Once i saw this whole Sting thing blew up, i changed my mind. Fast.

I honestly laugh at the extent people go too to find out who it is. It's hilarious to me, and it reminds me of when Jericho (my fav wrestler :) ) returned in 07, and everyone was trying to "break the code". You guys are going to see who it is in a matter of days, relax, sit back, and enjoy the disappointment or surprise.

Come on my friends, you guys put in too much work to figure these things out, I love the passion of you guys, but It's not a big deal

Instead of a bat being the object in the 1st promo, wouldn't it go with Triple H to have been just the handle to a sledgehammer with the main part being obscured by blackness?

Anyways, I (and many others) are reading too much into these. I am just going to set my expectation to be just the Undertaker and be pleasantly surprised if what/who I think comes with him, etc.

wwe has already accomplished more then it wanted it to im sure.

ive seen so many videos disecting every second of the promos with everyone saying they see symbols and faces and shadows and etc etc and even in the last promo where they cearly show its taker people still have crazy ideas like it wasnt taker it was shawn michaels or hhh.

It was taker people get over it.

Possible that there is a second person only if they signed sting somehow and kept it secret.

wwe has already accomplished more then it wanted it to im sure.

ive seen so many videos disecting every second of the promos with everyone saying they see symbols and faces and shadows and etc etc and even in the last promo where they cearly show its taker people still have crazy ideas like it wasnt taker it was shawn michaels or hhh.

It was taker people get over it.

Possible that there is a second person only if they signed sting somehow and kept it secret.

That's my thinking, that it is in fact about two people, not one.

Undertaker inside, the house, Sting outside.

That's my hope, that's my belief, and that's what I'll be thinking right up until it happens - or until it doesn't.

I think the signing has happened and that all parties involved have done a great job keeping a lid on it.

For me, why else would none of the parties involved have anything to say on the matter?

The silence speaks volumes to me.

If you watch the 2nd promo through, there is no bat - not when the guy appears, not when he spins round, not when he walks and disappears. Just a jacket.

I'm all for it being Sting and Taker, but I don't think it is going to happen - and I don't think there are hidden codes, faces, copies of TNA promos, or ancient Starcade promos in the videos, that you can only see if you're an e-nerd determined to dissect every frame for a few hours a night!

Yes, but if you don't freeze it and watch the video wholly through that section it is the coat flapping as he turns.

Just out of curiosity, how many IWC'ers on Monday will complain if it actually is Sting? Will you be one of them?

I am going to mark hard if it is Sting on 2/21/11. If it were up to me, if I was the one booking, Sting would be the one to break the streak. I would love to see it happen and I would mark the fuck out. I mean you should've seen my mark out when Del Rio won the Rumble. Easily my #1 markout moment EVER. I could see Sting beating Taker at Mania passing that up.

Well obviously it will NOT be amazing kong.....
I really hope its sting cuz like seriously undertaker makes his return like every year
well due to watching all 3 promos it looks to me that both? are gonna appear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back