Who replaces Ziggler in the Chamber?

rko57

The Icon
How is this not a thread yet? Lol. With him being "fired" he obviously isn't going to be in the chamber, so who will be? There are a couple options:

The Big Show-He isn't on the card and we all know he will probably face Ezekiel Jackson at Mania, but this could be a good replacement for Ziggler

The Undertaker-It's one night before 2-21-11,he could replace Ziggler just to destroy Barrett and then eliminate himself somehow, thus showing up on 2-21-11 to explain.

Christian-Yes I had to even though the chances are very very low, he could show up and be in the Chamber, but I doubt he would win even if he were to show up. Just a thought!

Cody Rhodes-He could want to take out Mysterio for "breaking his nose"

Hornwaggle-He did have a good showing in the Rumble :p (yes this is a joke for those of you who will actually believe Im considering him)

Now who do the peeps of WrestleZone think will be Zigglers replacement assuming he doesn't talk his way in?

No one. I see him working his way back into the Chamber, maybe wearing a mask or just going to Teddy Long and trying to save face by throwing Vicki under the bus/turning face.

Maybe Sting if the WWE can get him under contract...

But my thoughts are either Taker, or hopefully Christian if his recovery is going smoothly.

Maybe Sting if the WWE can get him under contract...

But my thoughts are either Taker, or hopefully Christian if his recovery is going smoothly.

I would love Sting, but why put him in the Chamber to be eliminated or win to face Del Rio? Neither of those options make sense, so that's why I didn't put Sting. Also we don't even know if he's signed with the WWE since everybody is saying he has or hasn't, but we haven't heard a word from Steve Borden himself.

I got off topic, now back to the Ziggler replacement topic!

I would love Sting, but why put him in the Chamber to be eliminated or win to face Del Rio? Neither of those options make sense, so that's why I didn't put Sting. Also we don't even know if he's signed with the WWE since everybody is saying he has or hasn't, but we haven't heard a word from Steve Borden himself.

I got off topic, now back to the Ziggler replacement topic!

Who knows, maybe Sting and WWE are just playing this up, maybe Christan is the replacement, then after the end of the chamber, lights go black. Sting appears and attacks whoever the winner is. Either the winner be Face, or heel. Sting will get some heat.

In a fantasy world I would say put Christian in the chamber, and dare I say put the belt on him, due to the fact he has the whole issue with Del Rio. As a mark I would love to see this, but somehow I don't see Christian/Del Rio making a dent in the 'Mania PPV buys. But still, a guy can dream.....

I would love to see Zeke in there, I see a lot of potential for him. That said however, he's clearly being groomed for the big show, and they probably don't want to job him.

This has me so excited that in just seconds of thinking about it I have come up with a plethora of possibilities, some more likely than others

For the sake of organization I'll go from most likely to least likely.

1) Dolph Ziggler- Dolph somehow manages to weasel his way back into the WWE and therefore the chamber. I really haven't developed a theory on how he does it, it just makes sense that he would. Dolph is one of the WWE's most talented young wrestlers, and keeping him off the PPV doesn't really add up.

2) Big Show- One of Smackdown's biggest names doesn't seem to be doing anything for this PPV except eating a jumbo sized tub of popcorn and watching it on TV. He's got some serious beef with Wade Barrett right now and having him beat on a Wade Barrett that is locked away from his friends by two miles of steel chain would definitely make their feud even hotter than it already is.

3) Cody Rhodes- The Dashing One is definitely ready to be in the Elimination Chamber. It'll be a great way to add more depth to the match as he is in the midst of starting a big time feud with Rey Mysterio. He's a talented enough wrestler to be in the match and is over enough with the fans.

4) Jack Swagger- An extremely talented wrestler that would only make the match more entertaining. He gets a good reaction out of the crowd (better than Drew McIntyre anyway), and he has history with both Edge and Kane.

Christian- Captain Charisma's return has been kept under wraps by the WWE so well that nobody really knows when he's coming back. He'd be a nice guy to have for Wrestlemania, if for nothing else the fact that the fans love him. Putting him in a match as brutal as the Elimination Chamber for his first night back would be kind of risky, but the announcers could play it off as how tough he is. We'd also get to see Edge and Christian work together in the cage, and who doesn't want to see that?

Booker T- Can you dig it sucka? The crowd would mark the fuck out, he can still wrestle, and it would just be fun. The problem is, Elimination Chamber matches aren't supposed to be fun. The Royal Rumble is fun, the Elimination Chamber is supposed to barely qualify as torture. I would enjoy seeing Booker T, but the time for surprise entrants of his quality is at the Rumble.

The Undertaker- It's extremely unlikely, but perhaps the 2-21-11 thing is just a HUGE red herring. Maybe 2-21-11 is simply Taker's return to television, and he's really making a surprise return tomorrow night. Eat your heart out Rock, because Taker making a surprise return on PPV to compete in the Elimination Chamber would rival the reaction Rocky got on Monday night. You can have Taker eliminate Kane, thus wrapping up the bad blood between then, and then have Wade Barrett quickly eliminate Taker, thus giving Barrett a huge rub and addressing the Barret lead Nexus beat down of Taker.

Sting- I mean, there's like a .1% chance of it happening, but it could happen, right? Imagine Sting returning on Sunday and Taker returning the night after that. The feud practically writes itself.

It's gotten me a bit puzzled as to who the 6th person will be.

Reasonably it can't be a returning heel because Del Rio already has that spot taken for Wrestlemania and you wouldn't have someone big return only to lose.

Now if it's a face (and that's more likely) then Edge's main event WM involvement goes out the window unless the new guy gets screwed over.
Now the problem is this. It can't be Undertaker because he's not due until the night after. If can't be HHH because (assuming current plans) Undertaker has no reason to screw him over. Realistically who is left that's big enough?

Oh hai!

christian-1.jpg

Yep there's my prediction. Not only will Christian return, he will cost Edge the title setting up their Wrestlemania match while Rey goes on to face Del Rio.

see christian coming back but losing in the chamber which will set up edge/christian/del rio for wrestlemania cuz one of the main titles is always in a triple threat match

I cant believe that noone has mentioned Triple H yet. Yes, I know they haven't been plugging his return, but it would make sense. Perhaps WWE isn't sold on the idea of Edge/Del Rio at Wrestlemania, at least in a 1 on 1 match. This would be one of those feuds that practically writes itself. Del Rio, the man with the "bloodline of kings", facing off against the "King of Kings". WWE is running out of time to bring HHH back and establish a true Wrestlemania feud for him, and a feud with Sheamus looks more and more unappealing by the day. This would make for a "feel good" story as well, with HHH returning after missing 10 months to win the title in his first match. This leaves WWE with a myriad of possibilities come Wrestlemania as well, including either a one on one match with Del Rio at Wrestlemania, or a triple threat between Del Rio, HHH and Edge, with the latter using his rematch clause. Why would WWE remove Ziggler from the chamber in the first place if they didn't have a bigger name to take his place? HHH fits that name to a "T", and Im betting on us seeing him in the Smackdown Chamber come tomorrow evening.

I'd love to see christian partcipate and for it to build into an edge christian del rio fued for mania but i doubt itl happen although christians entry would be a surprise and justify zigglers exclusion. I dont think itl be ziggler just because firing him then reintroducing him 2 days later would be rather pointless and an anticlimax given the speculation about who else it could be. Itl probably end up being big show (i hope not), or cody rhodes to capatalise his mysterio rivalry

I cant believe that noone has mentioned Triple H yet. Yes, I know they haven't been plugging his return, but it would make sense. Perhaps WWE isn't sold on the idea of Edge/Del Rio at Wrestlemania, at least in a 1 on 1 match. This would be one of those feuds that practically writes itself. Del Rio, the man with the "bloodline of kings", facing off against the "King of Kings". WWE is running out of time to bring HHH back and establish a true Wrestlemania feud for him, and a feud with Sheamus looks more and more unappealing by the day. This would make for a "feel good" story as well, with HHH returning after missing 10 months to win the title in his first match. This leaves WWE with a myriad of possibilities come Wrestlemania as well, including either a one on one match with Del Rio at Wrestlemania, or a triple threat between Del Rio, HHH and Edge, with the latter using his rematch clause. Why would WWE remove Ziggler from the chamber in the first place if they didn't have a bigger name to take his place? HHH fits that name to a "T", and Im betting on us seeing him in the Smackdown Chamber come tomorrow evening.

As completely brilliant as that would be, and i seriously mean that, i just wish it didn't have to be at Ziggler's expense. Yes, i know he isn't really fired, and will somehow get back on the roster, whether that be on RAW or back on SD!, I just hope this push Ziggler has been on doesn't end like this.

As for the chamber, if what LSN has said doesn't happen, i think Dolph will somehow get back in, and i hope Dolph gets back in as i don't want to see anyone else on the card in there.

Also, on the HHH thing, if he were to win the title, that leaves Mysterio free to face Rhodes at Mania, Edge vs Christian maybe? (lets face it, as much as you all want it, this feud will not happen for the title) and also Barrett to face Taker if they decide to go that way.

Really interested to see how EC goes down now.

I think that there are only three guys who can possibly replace Ziggler:

Christian: My bet is on this guy. If a Triple H would have been returning, the WWE would have promoted the return of such a big star to no end. Christian is not a huge star and him returning in a rather quiet manner makes sense. Will he win the match? I sure want him to. That will set up the Christian vs Alberto Del Rio vs Edge match at WrestleMania that we all have been hoping for. But even if he does not win I think that he will have some important part to play.

Triple H: He is too big a star to be returning in such nodescript manner but maybe the reason why he is returning is because he is such a big star. Edge has not had a really long title reign but yet people are bored of seeing him as champion. In Triple H we have a big star as well as a guy who has not been champion for quite some time. Del Rio also has a bit of beef with HBK and the WWE could use it to fuel a story between HHH and Del Rio.

Dolph Ziggler: The possibility that I am dreading is that the whole thing turns out to be a ruse and Vickie puts Ziggler back into the match by saying something that the contract had been signed or some shit like that.

It could also be that the elimination chamber turns out to be a 5 man match with Edge retaining and Ziggler comes out towards the end and Vickie says that Edge cannot call himself the World Heavyweight Champion unless he has defended his belt against all the competitors of the Elimination Chamber. Then Ziggler hits a sleeper hold causing Edge to pass out and leave Elimination Chamber as the new World Heavyweight Champion.

I don't think that it would be any big name guy coming back with Undertaker returning the next night. Triple H will return on Raw especially if this really is his last run. Sting just no it's not going to be him.

So after all that I think Dolph will somehow weasle his way back into the match or it will be Big Show replacing him.

Ziggler weasles his way back in... No face turn... I just makes sense to me, why would they stop the steam of his push?? It doesn't seem relevant..

As far as Taker, back on Raw in a very suprising moment... Maybe when Rock comes out for a promo, Rock vs Taker at Mania...(If Rock is lacing em up) It'd be a better draw than him as host. Leave that to that Dodgers guy with gray hair(forget his name not Tony, back like WM3 that got choked by Andre)

Christian would be great for a replacement

I think... It will be someone completely out of left field. I think it will be one of their guys from FCW. Maybe Rollins, or Woods? Someone there just for the exposure, similar to Tyler Reck's debut.

I know the chances are ridiculously low, but since people are throwing Sting's name out there I figured nobody could really tell me my idea is stupid...

Big Show: who else? I saw the votes on WWE.com and I voted for Jack Swagger, when I saw the poll, Big Show was the furthest ahead so logically the fans voted for him and well he is the only choice left to play a part in the EC Match, and no, I don't think Dolph will try to weasel back in (at least in my opinion) and they will save that feud hopefully for Mania..

It could be potentially anybody I suppose. As with most things in life, it could be quite interesting or underwhelming.

Big Show is a possibility as it gives him an opportunity to get his hands on Wade Barrett. Christian is another possibility, one I'd prefer to Big Show, and it'd just be fun to see him in a World Championship match even though it's almost assured he wouldn't win. I read a few weeks ago that Chris Masters is expected to get a push, so it's possible he'll show up though I probably couldn't care less at this point. Chris Jericho popping up would be a great, fun surprise. Maybe Kofi Kingston will wind up pulling double duty tomorow night, depending upon how his match with Del Rio goes.

I doubt Taker will pop up as it's almost certain he'll be on Raw Monday. While nothing has been written or really even hinted, I'm also expecting Triple H to show up on Raw Monday.

I'm going to throw 2 names out there that no-one has mentioned yet.

1. Chris Jericho - a few years back he was added last minute to a championship scramble match and won it. I could see the same thing happening here - setting up a jericho/edge/del rio triple threat at WM.

2. Diesel / Nash - I can't see him winning it but I could see Wade Barret being the first one in, waiting for the mystery entrant only for nash to come down. My only flaw in this is can Nash go long enough to warrant being put in there from the start?

However, if it isn't Ziggler I could see it being Christian. I can't see him winning it but I can see him somehow being involved in triple threat with edge and del rio at mania which results in christian costing edge the title - setting him up for a heel turn and an edge/christian fued after mania

If anyone were to replace him it would either be Christian or Triple H (more likely Christian) but honestly, I don't think anyone is taking his spot.

Everything on WWE.com is advertising it as a 5 man elimination chamber, no where does it say that there will be a sixth participant. That could either mean that they have someone big and they want to keep it a surprise or, they really are only having 5 people.

If Ziggler is not in the Chamber, the person replacing him will probably be the Big Show.

Christian is a possiblity, but I'm not gonna get my hope's up.

It is a possiblity that they'll find some loopole and Ziggler would be back in the match, which is also a possiblity, and the most likely one as well.

Watching the PPV right now, safe to say i'm pretty disappointed right now...

Lets hope the match is good, because the replacement isn't exciting at all. Would much rather have seen Ziggler in there.

Christian is in town for the big PPV, but the way the WWE does things, I see Big Show making an entrance. Tune in Friday Night and you'll see I'm right.

That was such a poor Chamber match. Big Show was the replacement and did nothing, we all knew he wasn't winning...

Christian made his return though, that was a positive at least.

What was the long pause between Teddy's announcement and Big Show's entrance for? It only served to get the fans hyped up and excited and then they delivered such a 'HUGE' disappointment for them. I was getting my hopes up, but then ....sigh. At least Christian indeed made his return and the Chamber Match was not too shabby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back