**MERGED**Randy Orton Out of Elimination Chamber- KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!!

The American Legend

Dark Match Winner
Big, Big news from WWE.com

WWE medical personnel have confirmed that Randy Orton suffered a concussion on Raw SuperShow when World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan smashed Orton over the head with his title.

Orton will not be cleared to compete in the World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber Match this Sunday.

This is a pretty big deal. I'm not sure who exactly they will have replace him in the chamber. My only guesses would be Henry, if he's healed up, Ted Dibiase, or a returning Christian. All I know is that I'm real curious to see who replaces Orton in the chamber

MODERATOR'S NOTE: No Spoilers. Orton's replacement was named on Smackdown this week and since a number of us do not want to read spoilers prior to watching, DO NOT spoil the show. If you disregard, you will be infracted.

According to wwe.com(Link at bottom of thread), Randy Orton has suffered a concussion at Raw and will not compete at Elimination Chamber.

Your thoughts on this, and who will replace Randy in the World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber match?
I don't think this affects WWE much right now, because Randy wasn't in any major story line and I don't think they had much planned for him at WrestleMania. I think they'd have Alberto Del Rio rehab quick this week and make a return to be in the Elimination Chamber (My opinion, don't judge.) I don't think he'll win, but it's not impossible they don't do this.

Link: http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-02-13/orton-suffers-concussion

It won't be Del Rio in the chamber. He is a Raw Superstar, and when it comes to title matches, they very rarely mix the two brands together. The only time I can remember them doing it was in 2008 when it was HHH vs Cena for the WWE Title at Night of Champions. HHH was on Smackdown, and Cena was on Raw. I may be mistaken though, anyone else remember a time when they mixed the brands for a title match?

My guess is that it will be Christian. The guy is healthy and ready to get back into the ring, and I think we will see him this Sunday. Do I think he will win? Probably not as I still see Daniel Bryan retaining the title and defending at Mania, but we will see what happens.

What a shock Mr. Glass is hurt once again! Seriously he seems to get hurt every week, I DOUBT it's a concussion more a line to make DB more the Heel. Though he's a huge cry baby and will try and say Big Show or DB hurt him and they should be fired. I don't get why they can count on him, he's ALWAYS HURT!

Some updates are saying Mark Henry will be brought back early to participate in the Chamber. I do not see why they would bring back Henry early who was already being replaced by,ugh, the Great Khali.

Why not bring back Christian, he's been cleared to return IIRC. Alberto Del Rio should be traded back to Smackdown and put in the EC Match, hell they could even have him return and win the whole damn thing. I think he and Sheamus could have an excellent feud going into WM and then have a helluva match.

I gotta thing WWE officials are not gonna be pleased with Bryan over this which sucks as he is one of the best things going in WWE right now. I hope he is not punished for something like this.

This is terrible news because now this greedy fuckbag is going to get another WHC match at Wrestlemania and once again bury another up and coming star in Sheamus just like he did to Kofi Kingston and Mr. Anderson. How am I supposed to believe that Orton really suffered a concussion? They set this up to get Orton in the title picture. If he was really injured by Bryan, I guarantee Bryan would have been fired by now. I fucking guarantee you that Orton will magically be put into the upcoming Sheamus/Bryan feud and he will walk out WM28 the WHC. He is a douchebag and I really can not stand this guy anymore. Take your Age of Orton and shove it up your ass Orton. And you have 20 minutes I urge you to watch this brilliant video made by Offtheropesshow exposing Orton for the fuckup he really is. You guys think Jeff Hardy is a screwup, well I think Orton is a way bigger screwup than Hardy. Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5gMp8J0aRw&feature=related

either christian will return and take the spot or alberto del rio will be "traded" to smackdown and take the spot if neither of those things happen the only other thing i can see happening is drew getting another chance to prove himself but this time in the chamber not a great idea but he is the only other guy i can think of who is on tv enough to actually be a resonable person to take the spot either way im gonna watch smackdown to see what happens but they've already exhausted all their superstars now they resorted to using khali and unless sheamus "gives up" his WM title shot for one in the chamber and walks out the winner i see no other possible superstar to take ortons spot other than the three i mentioned

I'm going to be at the Chamber on Sunday, and I'm REALLY hoping it's Christian to take Randy Orton's place! Hopefully the Peepshow returns Sunday.

If it's not though, is Rey Mysterio healthy enough to come back? I saw he's aiming for WrestleMania, but maybe he's set to go now. Alberto Del Rio would be alright as well if healthy, to round out my top three guesses.

Just as speculation, is Orton actually hurt? Was he actually hurt when Barrett shoved him down the steps to write him off TV not long ago? Maybe there's more going on here with Orton than simply being injured--unless he was legitimately hurt the first time and came back too soon. I'm just thinking out loud here.

Whatever the case, it seems like something's up. If he is hurt, perhaps that's one of the reasons for the horribly-botched RKO on Monday Night with Big Show. Too bad too, because that DDT with Show draped over the top rope right beforehand was excellent!

I'm a little disappointed I won't get to see Orton in the Chamber Sunday, but as long as Jericho gets to work awhile I'll be a happy guy. He is entering last, so we'll see...

...CHRISTIAN!!!

either christian will return and take the spot or alberto del rio will be "traded" to smackdown and take the spot if neither of those things happen the only other thing i can see happening is drew getting another chance to prove himself but this time in the chamber not a great idea but he is the only other guy i can think of who is on tv enough to actually be a resonable person to take the spot either way im gonna watch smackdown to see what happens but they've already exhausted all their superstars now they resorted to using khali and unless sheamus "gives up" his WM title shot for one in the chamber and walks out the winner i see no other possible superstar to take ortons spot other than the three i mentioned

actually i just went on wwe.com and read above the orton article that mark henrey has shown up to a live event so he is my new pick to replace orton

I think, no I know, this is the best damn post I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I was beginning to think I was the only one that hated Orton this much.

Thanks man. Watch that video, it's the best Orton rant I have seen. I really hope Christian returns in the Chamber and actually gets some retribution for the BS that happened last summer with yep you guessed it, Randy Orton.

Christians a solid pick here to replace Orton as he and Sheamus haven't quite finished up their feud from a couple of months ago. It would be excellent if Christian can pull an Edge out of his ass and suprise everyone by winning the World Championship come Elimination Chamber. Sheamus vs. Christian would be a phenomenal feud leading into Wrestlemania and I don't see why it wouldn't take place considering they have history with one another. Not to mention, Sheamus works very well with Superstars who are considered relatively small compared to the usual standards. This match could work.

However, this really does suck for Orton. He's done nothing but shined incredibly well as head of the Smackdown roster. Headlining Wrestlemania would be ideal for your top superstar on the brand but it doesn’t matter, he'll get by. It's interesting to see who Orton will take on come Wrestlemania now as the World Heavyweight Championship is probably out of the picture. I'm questioning whether or not this is just a story to set up Wrestlemania. It's likely and I hope so. We all know Orton's had a history with concussions, hopefully it's just fictional. Bryan vs. Orton doesn’t exactly scream Wrestlemania feud but watching both of their work in the last couple months or so, it should be good.

actually i just went on wwe.com and read above the orton article that mark henrey has shown up to a live event so he is my new pick to replace orton

I'm not hating on anybody saying Mark Henry will be the replacement, but I for one will be EXTREMELY disappointed if it's Henry seeing how he was originally in the match then moved out of it. If Orton's injury is legit then I understand WWE being a little handcuffed here, but putting a guy back in who was just "suspended" makes no sense. Kayfabe here--what type of punishment would that be for Henry?

WWE has plenty of other options, and I hope they use one of them.

Again, no disrespect to anyone saying it will be Mark Henry. I like Mark, but he's not been the same since getting injured and for that reason plus the storyline with Teddy Long, it should not be him in this match!

I gotta thing WWE officials are not gonna be pleased with Bryan over this which sucks as he is one of the best things going in WWE right now. I hope he is not punished for something like this.

Just to let you know, this may just be a storyline. other websites have said that it was suffered during his match with big show, and wwe is just using bryan to add to storyline

It won't be Del Rio in the chamber. He is a Raw Superstar, and when it comes to title matches, they very rarely mix the two brands together. The only time I can remember them doing it was in 2008 when it was HHH vs Cena for the WWE Title at Night of Champions. HHH was on Smackdown, and Cena was on Raw. I may be mistaken though, anyone else remember a time when they mixed the brands for a title match? .

No Way Out 2009. Edge was in BOTH chamber matches due to attacking Kofi Kingston prior to the Raw match. He ended up winning the WHC.

Of course, that screwed up all the boundaries of the brand split heading into WrestleMania. Not only did we wind up getting Orton (Rumble winner and Raw star) challenging Triple H (champ on SmackDown!) in a feud that primarily took place on Raw ... but we also got Edge (SmackDown! star holding the Raw Title) challenging John Cena (Raw) and Big Show (SmackDown) in the WWE Title match at WrestleMania. So yea. That's one BIG example of this.

In terms of what will happen at the Chamber, I wouldn't be shocked to see either Christian or Alberto Del Rio, provided either of them is fully healed and cleared to wrestle.

However, what I'd like to see is Shaemus take the spot. I think it would provide a really interesting dynamic in the match. The other 5 competitors would essentially have a shot to "gang up on" and "take out" their potential WrestleMania opponent. Hell, since the WWE LOVES booking at least one triple threat World Title match at WrestleMania, they could easily accomplish that by having Shaemus eliminate Daniel Bryan, lending an easy solution to booking a triple threat match at Mania for the WHC.

What I don't want to see is Mark Henry. I know the company has short notice with this one, and that's a really tough position to be in, but I don't want to see Henry's "suspension" angle scrapped just because of it. It might not be the biggest angle going, but it should have more of a payoff than a simple return two weeks later. After all, wasn't part of his on-screen punishment that he wouldn't be allowed to compete in the Elimination Chamber match? Seems kind of lame to me that they'd just go back on that.

I really think Christian will make his return in place of Orton. I'm not sure if Orton's absence was planned or not, but either way, if Christian can go, it has to be him. Henry's hurt, DiBiase wouldn't excite anyone, and I just don't see anyone better, really. Plus, if Christian didn't return here, when would he return? I think everyone would agree that he'll be back before 'Mania, so what better/more opportune time than now in E.C. match? Even if he doesn't win, his instertion in the match will really shake it up, as he'll become a favorite in everyone's mind. But, it would be great if he did win the match and the title. I'd rather see Christian/Sheamus at WM given their history over Bryan/Sheamus. Plus, as long as Orton can go at WM, he and Bryan will be freed up for a potential match with each other with the feud beginning around the fact that Bryan just sidelined him and cost him a title match opportunity. They would have nothing better to do.

Could this news be any more exciting? :lol::lol::worship:

If he does actually have a concussion, it would be like his 9th one or so, perhaps it is time he just retires? Maybe he will come to this realization himself or someone from the company can tell him.

He just needs to go.

Injury prone.
Boring.
Bad wrestling.
No mic skills.
Can't carry a feud.

the most overrated wrestler in the history of the business

*stay gone FOR GOOD* truly, just retire.

Uh.. You guys realize that he just got back from a fairly serious spinal injury, right? Maybe, just maybe, this was a way of writing him out of the chamber match.

This idea that Orton gets into the title match at Mania because of this is ******ed. Whoever wins is probably going to be inserted directly into the feud with Sheamus. You really think they're going to take the title off of them in a week or 2 and force a shit build heading toward Mania? Besides, putting Sheamus against Orton is the exact wrong move to make. They seem to be trying to build Sheamus up as the next big face and putting him in a match with Orton would definitely make him the heel. No one's going to cheer for Sheamus over Orton.

Uh.. You guys realize that he just got back from a fairly serious spinal injury, right? Maybe, just maybe, this was a way of writing him out of the chamber match.

This idea that Orton gets into the title match at Mania because of this is ******ed. Whoever wins is probably going to be inserted directly into the feud with Sheamus. You really think they're going to take the title off of them in a week or 2 and force a shit build heading toward Mania? Besides, putting Sheamus against Orton is the exact wrong move to make. They seem to be trying to build Sheamus up as the next big face and putting him in a match with Orton would definitely make him the heel. No one's going to cheer for Sheamus over Orton.

I understand that Sheamus is the next guy in line for the title, but if Bryan does walk out WHC, then I fear Orton is headlining another WM. If they are blaming Bryan in this "storyline" for injuring Orton, then yes I have a strong feeling Orton will be placed in the WHC as a triple threat match at WM28. Because he is such a top draw and role model for all these little kids, Orton has to get his revenge on Bryan and take away the spotlight from Sheamus. They didn't have to blame Bryan for injuring Orton, but since they did, yes I think this automatically guarantee that this douchebag will be floating into the main event of WM28. Another scenario could be a Daniel Bryan/Orton match at WM28 if Barrett wins the EC, but then Bryan will certainly not go over the god almighty Randy Orton.

If Christian was ready to return then I'm sure he would have returned already. Mark Henry is really the only move that makes sense because while he is injured, he has shown that he can work through those injuries. It sucks for him because it's these same nagging injuries that cost him his title reign and made him an afterthought in the Show/DB feud. Him getting kayfabe "fired" would have allowed him to recover and hopefully return as the Mark Henry we saw during his title reign before the injuries. The match certainly gets worse with Khali and an injured Mark Henry but I expect Henry's time in the match to be brief. Smackdown just has a lack of depth because of the injuries to Rey Mysterio, Christian, Sin Cara, and now Orton.

This is just my idea.

Hear me out as I don't post much, but this COULD happen. The match starts with only three superstars in their respective chambers, but missing the fourth.

The three superstars eventually finish the match in which Show or someone wins, but the fourth entrant still hasn't arrived. The lights go out, we see a something light up in the middle of the ring, the lights are on again and we see a beaten and battered Show (or the winner) struggling, then tapping out to the Walls of Jericho. Then Jericho is announced as the new WHC.

This leads Jericho into the Raw Elimination Chamber as the WHC. We see Jericho win this aswell, making Punk tap to the Walls of Jericho, and Jericho becomes the new Undisputed Champion - further fueling his claim to be the "best in the world at what he does.'
This leads us to a Fatal-Four-Way Elimination Match for the Undisputed Championship at Wrestlemania 28 - CM Punk vs Chris Jericho vs Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus.

I understand that Sheamus is the next guy in line for the title, but if Bryan does walk out WHC, then I fear Orton is headlining another WM. If they are blaming Bryan in this "storyline" for injuring Orton, then yes I have a strong feeling Orton will be placed in the WHC as a triple threat match at WM28. Because he is such a top draw and role model for all these little kids, Orton has to get his revenge on Bryan and take away the spotlight from Sheamus. They didn't have to blame Bryan for injuring Orton, but since they did, yes I think this automatically guarantee that this douchebag will be floating into the main event of WM28. Another scenario could be a Daniel Bryan/Orton match at WM28 if Barrett wins the EC, but then Bryan will certainly not go over the god almighty Randy Orton.

Or they have to put Orton into the WHC match because the lack luster super stars daniel bryan and sheamus don't stand a chance on a wrestlemania card filled with undertaker, triple h, cm punk, chris jericho, john cena and the rock. if it were just bryan and sheamus that match would get extremely over shadowed and then the WHC is over shadowed.

Randy Orton adds star star power and relevance to the match.

Sucks man, concussions are one of those injuries that once you get one, more follow, and more easily than the others. Isnt this Orton's second in about six months or so?

Anyways, thats semi hilarious. As if it wasnt shitty enough putting Khali in there, now this. If only we didnt have Sin Cara AND Rey Mysterio on the IR list....They should do a one night tournament at SD to fill the last spot, at least make it seem semi cool and put someone over...

OR, as has been mentioned, bring back Christian, which would be fucking awesome. Shame thing is, if he is replaced by Christian, the only two faces in the match are Khali and Show...both of whom dont exactly set the world on fire. They are in a very tough spot, seeing as how none of the other faces they have given limp dick pushes too are even CLOSE to being over enough to warrant a spot...Sooo go with either Booker T, or put over a young guy in a triple threat or tournament on SD.

Justin Gabriel does some crazy shit in his matches. Fuck it, throw him in there, he isnt over, but can still provide a lot of flash during the match, which will get heat regardless.

I'm sure the concussion is legit, but I doubt it was from the belt shot from Bryan. Go back and watch the match again, Orton looked woozy for a lot of the match. Especially towards the end with the botched finish. At the time I just thought he was trying to sell, but the concussion makes a lot of sense.

I'm guessing this won't affect the result of the Elimination Chamber match(ok, it definitely won't), but it could affect WrestleMania depending on how severe Orton's injury is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back