Smackdown Elimination Chamber Match: Khali v Show v Bryan v Orton v Barrett v Rhodes

I'm worried they might put the belt back on Orton. I'm hoping not, but it would be just like the WWE to suddenly lose trust in Bryan and resort back to their mainstay.

Daniel Bryan needs to retain in the EC. In my opinion, he has been doing great, slowly developing into a full blown heel. So far the WWE has done a fine job booking him and making him seem important, but as mentioned before, I hope they don't blow it.

Big Show and Khali are filler, I would say. As for Rhodes and Barrett, I don't think it will be quite their time. They will stand out in the match and stay in for awhile, but I don't think they will come out on top.

What i could see happening is The raw chamber is first and punk wins then later Jericho comes out in the smackdown chamber taking out great khali durning his entrance and takes his chamber spot(Via edge 3 years ago).

Then Jericho wins the World title which sets up CM Punk Vs Chris Jericho to see who is the best in the world and undisputed wwe champion

in this match i see an final between Cody and Randy and the tittle for this last.
We are 4 formers WWE champion in this match,Khali,Show orton and D Bryan and it's rare.
Khali has no chance cos he is zero in ring,Show has his fight against Shaq and Barrett is focused on Sheamus.
it' look a like in EC in 2008 when we are Taker,Batista,Khali,Big daddy v and MVP and Finlay.

I think the match quality of the Raw chamber will be better but I am more intrigued by this one as I am not sure who is going to win.

Obviously Khali and Rhodes wont but can Bryan escape again? he'd actually have to pin someone to do so. Will Orton win to make the Mania WHC match a triple threat? Barrett is a dark horse that could be a less likely winner but shake things up and finally pay off on all his mouthing, and who knows with Show, would the WWE be beyond him winning just to drop it straight back due to some involvement from Shaq to kick off their feud? Lots of interesting variables in this one.

While it wouldn't surprise me to see Daniel Bryan squeak away with another victory and go on to face Sheamus at Wrestlemania in a Cinderella story rematch from last years Wrestlemania. I also see another option taking place.

I've said it before that WWE loves to have triple threat/four way dances at Wrestlemania. So I actually see Wade Barrett leaving the match as World Heavyweight Champion. It would be a nice little surprise to a card where it seems the outcomes are predictable. It could also lead to Sheamus challenging Barrett at WM, only for Bryan to invoke his rematch clause, also Randy Orton wants a piece of Barrett so lets throw him in there too.

With that scenario, not only do you crown a new deserving champion. You also shock the fans a little and continue the build on the Road to Wrestlemania.

Really hard to call. You can make a case for pretty much any of them.

Barrett/Sheamus would be a FANTASTIC young lions type of match at Mania that would surely get some overseas buyrates given how much UK people on here love these guys.

Big Show, because they've really been building him up as a face. Although he supposedly has that thing with Shaq so probably not.

Bryan, he's getting more and more over, looks natural and comfortable in his character, why not put him on Mania?

Orton, he's the (arguably) second biggest star in the company, obviously you want big names in big matches.

Rhodes, he's Smackdown's Ziggler, although I really consider Ziggler to be Raw's Rhodes. He's basically awesome in every way and would be really awesome.

Khali, well, stranger things have happened.

I expect Khali to come out last given how immobile he is. Or maybe him and Show will start it out and slug each other out of the match. It's REALLY tough for me to call this one. Orton has been booked hot and is, as always, extremely over and extremely good.

My only prediction is that this match will be a barrel of fun.

I kinda like the multiman suggestion. You have the Taker match, Punk vs Jericho, and Rock vs Cena, you sort of want to give Barrett, Sheamus, and Daniel Bryan the chance to shine, but it will look like the minor leagues to a lot of fans watching for the first time in a while unless you put a big name in it (Orton). Orton vs Sheamus vs Barrett vs Daniel Bryan makes the most sense to me. They all have stories with one another and would actually be pretty awesome. Barrett and Daniel Bryan with the nexus stuff, Daniel Bryan is going against Orton next week on SD, Sheamus and Barrett obviously, Barrett and Orton obviously. Sounds good to me. Maybe have a screw finish of some sort.

Like Monkey Mania said, a fatal four way is a good idea. But the only diffenrence is that i think randy orton is leaving elimination chamber as world heavyweight champion. Then, barrett can get involved in the triple threat between d-bryan and sheamus, saying that he should be the very first person to get a world championship match with orton, because he has beaten orton more times than sheamus and daniel bryan combined. Hes the one who injured him and gave him time to prepare for returning, and to get back in shape, so really, orton should be thanking him for the world title reign. This would get him heat heading into wrestlemania, and should be done quickly so it gives time for the match to build.

I would love to see Cody Rhodes walk out of Elimination Chamber as the new World Champion. If not Rhodes, I would like to see Wade Barrett or the Great Khali win the Title. If not these 3, I wouldn’t mind seeing Big Show or Randy Orton winning. Whatever happens, I don’t want to see Daniel Bryan retaining.

I was pretty vocal in saying that I didn't think DickButt would make to Mania as the champion but the more I think about it, the more it works. DB weaseled his way past Mark Henry and Big Show, and if he makes it to Mania, it'll mean that he got through the Chamber and I'm certain that he'll take a shortcut there as well. I guess some kind of run in or something, it's happened before.

What I'm getting at is this; Bryan is the only participant in this match with any real sustainable heat that could work until Mania. If Sheamus is going after the WHC, which he should, then if any of the other challengers win the title only to drop it to Sheamus a month later it's really not going to look like a big feat. Unless it's Orton, but if they're serious about turning Sheamus into the next big face, pairing him with Orton is certainly not the best answer. The crowd will certainly be more in Orton's favor.

However, if DB makes it through the Chamber, whoever beats him is going to get at least a small rub, certainly a bigger one than if he were to beat any of the other guys, just for being the guy who finally put an end to DB's shenanigans.

I'm guessing it ends with Orton, Barrett, and DB as the final 3. Orton will eliminate Barrett. He and DB will go back and forth a bit and just when Orton is about to put him away, Barrett, having not left the ring yet, will hit his finisher on Orton allowing DB to get the cheap win.

I think MH's original post on this thread pretty much sums up how I feel about this match. While I'm not crazy about Khali being in this match, I do think his presence could be useful in puttng over a couple of young, smaller heels. There seems to have been something of a mini-feud going on between him & Rhodes, so I'd love to see Rhodes be responsible for eliminating him. There's no money in putting the belt on Khali.

As for Cody Rhodes, I don't think the WWE is going to rush into things with him. They haven't so far and, as a result, we've seen Rhodes improve by leaps and bounds over the past few years. He's doing a great job where he is right now and I don't see him getting the strap. If anything, I think it more likely to see Rhodes in the MITB match at WM.

I think Wade Barrett will be a World Champion at some point but I don't see WWE putting the title on him just yet. He's got the talent and I'm so glad to see that WWE has gotten back on track with him. Like Rhodes, I think it likely to see Barrett in the MITB match.

It's all but written in the stars that Big Show & Shaq are going to meet at WrestleMania, which is fine by me. The WWE has kept Big Show looking strong during his feud with Bryan and I think that Bryan may have gotten more overall dominant wins over Show if they didn't have something very big in mind for Show.

Randy Orton has the best overall chance of taking the title at EC but I don't see it happening. It's pretty obvious that Sheamus is going to challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship at WM and a feud with Bryan just seems much fresher than rekindling the Orton/Sheamus feud. Both are faces that are massively over with fans right now and for the biggest show of the year, I think you clearly need to give someone for fans to cheer for and someone for them to boo. That won't happen right now with an Orton vs. Sheamus program.

I look for Bryan to retain at EC. WWE's built him up well as an arrogant, obnoxious heel champion that's already drawing great heat from crowds wherever he goes. Some aren't into the whole vegan thing but I think it's perfect. Bryan is hyping his lifestyle as being much better than that of other people. It worked for CM Punk as the Straight Edge Mesiah and it's working for Bryan. The booking has made Bryan look like an obnoxious ass that manages to escape by the skin of his teeth with his title but they haven't made him look like a coward. He's used certain situations to his advantage, like a good heel should, but these are situations in which you can't really hold Bryan responsible. In a feud where his two opponents have both outweighed him, legitimately, by roughly 200 pounds, he's had to use cunning coupled with his athletic & wrestling ability to get by them with his title.

Originally posted by WWE.com
Randy Orton is the most experienced Superstar in this match, having already been a part of four Elimination Chamber Matches. The Viper has yet to win one, but is extra hungry for gold after returning from injury and settling his score with Wade Barrett, who will also be locked in the Chamber.

WWE has this thing with their top superstars, in that they want to bill them as having done everything. Edge's retirement tour T-Shirt had "Done It All, Won It All" on the back, and went on to list all of his accolades. And having won the Royal Rumble the year before he retired, Edge truly had won everything there was to win within WWE.

I know winning the Elimination Chamber isn't considered to be a large accolade in context within WWE, but all of the future within WWE have done so. Undertaker, HHH, John Cena, and Chris Jericho have all done so, and from the mega-stars left within WWE, Randy Orton is the only one who's yet to do so. He's won the Rumble, headlined Wrestlemania, is a nine-time World Champion, and even beat John Cena clean to win the WWE title. Within the context of this match, I'm not focused on any other save Daniel Bryan, as he and Orton seem to be the only legitimate options here for me.

As to the E.C. match, I see no logic behind Randy Orton winning......how much of a hero do they have to make him out to be?
The rest of your post was fantastic, so I almost feel bad disagreeing with you here. But Orton has been out of the championship picture since Night of Champions, when he dropped the belt to Mark Henry. He put over Henry clean, twice, which is pretty remarkable for the number two guy in the company. So what better place to give the number two guy a marquee match? Wrestlemania. Orton's spent the past two years in undercard matches with Legacy and Punk, so putting him back in the main event isn't forcing him down our throats.

I see it coming down to Barrett and Rhodes, with one finally breaking through to the top. This is a great opportunity to let one of the young guys shine.
Yeah, but the problem here is the guy who won the Royal Rumble. Sure, they could swerve us and have Sheamus challenge the WWE champion, but the chances of that happening are slim. Sheamus is being re-established as a main eventer, as his title wins in 2009 and '10 seem like a distant memory since he's moved to Smackdown, no? So trying to re-establish Sheamus while putting Barrett or Rhodes through that glass ceiling seems like quite the reach.

This match for me comes down to Orton or Bryan. They've invested alot in trying to get over Bryan's heel persona, and it's worked. To put him in an undercard match at Wrestlemania would be a disservice to the excellent work he's done, but will he really enter the Chamber and leave with the title? I don't think so.

So, I see two birds, one stone here. If Bryan loses, he gets his rematch clause that's entitled to him, and he'll weasal his way to getting Orton DQ'd in that match, which will happen between EC and Wrestlemania. As a result, we get the good ole Vince McMahon special, the Wrestlemania triple threat match. Orton wins the Chamber and is re-inserterd into the title picture after five months away, and isn't hurt when Sheamus pins Bryan at Wrestlemania to win the title. This also gives Sheamus the extra rub of closing the book on Daniel Bryan as WM champion once and for all, and beating Randy Orton in the same match.

Second fiddle superman Randy Orton gets the win here.

THIS JUST IN AS POSTED FROM WWE.COM: RANDY ORTON WILL NOT BE IN THE CHAMBER SUNDAY AS HE SUFFERED A CONCUSSION.

I think Jinder Mahal or Dustin Rhodes will take his spot in the Chamber. I predict Daniel Bryan retains or Wade Barrett wins the World Title in order to set-up a test-ful Main Event for Mania to see if this 3 can draw. So I think it'll be Barrett-Bryan-Sheamus Triple Threat @ Wrestlemania.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-02-13/orton-suffers-concussion

I just saw this in my Facebook feed. It seems Randy Orton has suffered a concussion and will be out of the match this Sunday. My leaning is that this is a kayfabe injury, given that it supposedly came from Bryan's belt shot, which is unlikely to have actually made contact and probably did no real damage to Orton. I suspect Orton may have a different injury sustained from a previous house show or perhaps at tonight's Smackdown tapings, but regardless, the point is that he's out of the match Sunday, which leads us all to the tantalizingly interesting question - who replaces him?

Here are some possibilities for me:

Christian - Christian, last I heard, is pretty much good to go. He makes a lot of of sense, being a former WHC and all around kickass performer. He might be able to return as a face this way, if they wanted to go that direction, which is probably wise, since there's a surplus of up and coming heels right now that need faces to bounce off of.

Alberto del Rio - I've heard ADR is almost back to health. No word on if that's official but it very well could be, and this could be an interesting way to get him back on the scene. I'm not sure, though, that this would be the wisest choice given that it would result in a surplus of heels in the match, leaving the only faces as Big Show and the Great Khali, which is not the most encouraging of face tandems. Still, del Rio is a choice and a longshot to win if he were to enter, as the WWE may be willing to go with him in the title match at WrestleMania since he's marginally more established than Bryan.

Rey Mysterio - Noticing a trend? Again, I hear Mysterio is more or less ready to return, and I think this would be a great decision for the WWE. It preserves the face/heel balance and with one of the most over faces in the company to boot. It inserts someone who can take the loss in his return and still look great. Rey would liven the match up as he always does, as well. Still, I refuse to get my hopes up for anything like this given the WWE's recent track record of staggering underwhelming mystery participants.

Sheamus - Eh? Eh? Sheamus has no match announced at the PPV and this could make for a very interesting set of circumstances. There's always buzz about a title unification match at WrestleMania and it seems more likely than ever given the total breakdown of the brand extension with the advent of the Raw Supershow. Perhaps Sheamus enters, wins the WHC, and unifies the titles against Punk? Of course, they needn't go that way it. He doesn't have to win the WHC if he enters, but it would be a little bit of a buzzkill if he didn't. He could win the WHC and not defend vs Punk, but only challenge for the WWE title, so that if Punk were to win, the titles would remain separate. Again, a little bit of a buzzkill, but they could work with it. The ultimate payoff to this unexpected move would be the unification, of course. I think this is fairly unlikely, but boy would it make things interesting.

The Undertaker - Probably pretty unlikely, and not really a great option, but I could envision Undertaker as WHC and using that as bait for HHH to take a match with him, preying off of HHH's well known affinity for gold. I think this is a way outside shot, but might as well cover the bases.

Alright, so now that all the interesting picks are established, we should probably be prepared for Drew McIntyre, Jinder Mahal, or Ezekiel Jackson.

I'll tentatively hold out hope for Christian as the compromise candidate between surprise and sensibility.

I see Daniel Bryan retaining for one reason only. Him winning would set up a Wrestlemania rematch against Sheamus that was scrapped from the main card last year, and I'm sure many people were disappointed with that decision. This could be WWE's way of thinking to make up for one of their mistakes.

Since Orton is no longer in the match I'd personally either have Barrett or the 'mystery 6th participant, no spoilers here, hehe' win the match, but I'm definitely leaning towards Bryan retaining, probably with help due to maybe a pod error that keeps him trapped in until the end when he takes on the survivor of the other 5 men.

No Orton pretty much killed any intrigue with this match. I would be shocked if Daniel Bryan doesn't win.
Who would of thought that Khalil and Santino would be in this years SD Elimination Chamber. :lmao:

I fully don't believe Orton has a concussion. I think he will make it into the chamber match somehow and he will win it. I think they are just trying to swerve us. If I'm wrong about that I could see Wade Barrett winning therefore setting Bryan up for a rematch and Sheamus challenging the champion and Orton getting thrown in considering he has history with all of these men except Bryan but they can use Orton wanting to get revenge for the concussion as a good starting point.

I fully don't believe Orton has a concussion. I think he will make it into the chamber match somehow and he will win it. I think they are just trying to swerve us. If I'm wrong about that I could see Wade Barrett winning therefore setting Bryan up for a rematch and Sheamus challenging the champion and Orton getting thrown in considering he has history with all of these men except Bryan but they can use Orton wanting to get revenge for the concussion as a good starting point.

I think HBK/RKO might be onto something here. I don't really believe Orton has a concussion either, and it very well all could be kayfabe. They very well could be trying to swerve us, and if they are, they're doing a fine job of it. I could see Orton or Christian working their way into the match, a la what Edge did to Kofi, or something like it, a few years back. The truth is, I'd be highly surprised and shocked if the chamber locked with Santino inside it. In fact, as I write this, I just don't think there's any way that Santino, the WWE's #1 comedic figure, will be placed into this type of match. Could you see Santino in a HIAC? No way. This match? I just don't think so. I think something will happen to Santino, and someone else big will be making a surprise entrance that they're saving for the PPV. Santino is a perfect place-holder, because no one will feel cheated that he won't actually be in the match. I honestly think the card might as well read Rhodes vs. Khali vs. Bryan vs. Big Show vs. Barrett vs. ? quite frankly. I'm calling Santino will be replaced right now with a bigger name.

So I hadn't watched some of Raw this week and I rewatched the Orton-Show match just a few minutes ago. ORTON ISN'T INJURED. Daniel Bryans belt didnt make contact with his head, it was very visible. This is a swerve. I'm expecting Orton to cost Bryan the match (leading to a Mania feud) or winning the match, thus making it a triple threat at WrestleMania with Sheamus. If Option A happens, I can see Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett at Mania.

I'm calling Santino will be replaced right now with a bigger name.

I'm calling Mark Henry comes back early. Chances are either attacks Santino during his entrance like Edge did to Kofi, or we see Santino layed out back stage and then when it's time for the last person to come down we see Henry come out.

While I would love for it to be Christian I just don't see them giving him this kind of push as they don't really seem to believe in him, and I don't think he's really recovered from his injuries yet either.

my personal call , assuming the current card doesn't change with santino being the last guy.

daniel bryan would probably retain the world heavyweight championship! which is great since he's quite a heel now.

the great khali and santino would not win. cody rhodes is already the IC champ, no way is he entering wrestlemania with both championship belts.

big show is over, plus he has the rumoured angle with Shaq.
wade barret, i don't think the wwe is giving a push anytime especially into wrestlemania.

additionally, the main event of latest smackdown was daniel bryan winning sheamus through disqualification. probably a tease angle in sheamus challenging daniel bryan for wrestlemania.

since we all know mania would be punk jericho. and sheamus would probably go for the smackdown WHC belt.

Personally, I like the addition of Santino into the match. To me, he adds a fresh face to the scenario, and in all honesty, he kind of deserves it. Santino's been getting scraps for years now, despite the fact that he's over AND has great in ring abilities. Hell, who's to say that this chamber match isn't a way for WWE to drop Santino's comedic gimmick and give a more serious role? It's not like he's going to win the match... and if he did, so fucking what? You can't beg for fresh main eventers and then shit bricks when WWE gives you fresh main eventers. So shut up and be happy.

This should be a good match. It is sad that Orton got taken out, as he was likely many people's pick to win. Khali has absolutely no business being here, what a terrible choice. I know who will be eliminated first! Santino is going to get himself killed in here and if Khali doesn't get eliminated first, Santino will. At least Mark Henry didn't get Orton's spot, even if Santino IS a joke. Barrett has excellent odds of winning. If Bryan himself wasn't in the match, I'd give it to Wade Barrett. Unsure about Rhodes. I think he will do well and make it to the final 3 or so but ultimately come up short. Big Show? Not gonna happen. Bryan should retain because then Sheamus can challenge him and we will get the great match we missed out on last year, but in World Heavyweight Championship form.

Dagger's Prediction
Daniel Bryan will retain the World Heavyweight Championship

Ah, Santino. I don't exactly know where they are going with you but I wouldn't be surprised if you outlasted four out of the other five guys in Smackdown's Elimination Chamber match. This match should be ok; it'll certainly be interesting to see who pulls out a victory here. It looks like a decent Chamber match but not nearly as exciting as Raw's match-up. Smackdown's Elimination Chamber lacks alot and I mean ALOT of star power here. It's weird but Santino may be the most over Superstar in this match which truly says alot about Smackdown's line up. However, my immediate thought when Santino was added was the year when Edge attacked Kofi Kingston to gain entry into the Elimination Chamber. This could very well happen this Sunday with someone like Christian, Randy Orton or even Mark Henry taking out Santino pre-match and shockingly winning the Smackdown’s World Title.

It's times like this that make me want Orton more than ever. I see Daniel Bryan walking out as the World Heavyweight Champion to add onto his heel, squirmy character. The rest of the Chamber's participants all have strong possibilities of winning. The Great Khali has no chance whatsoever. Santino has no chance whatsoever. Cody Rhodes is a fine selection but the WWE needs to really focus on getting him someone to face come Wrestlemania. Big show has a good chance as he's been on a bit of a tear lately. Though if the rumors of a possible Shaq/Show match at 'Mania are true, then it's rather unlikely he'll walk out as the Champion. Wade Barrett is an excellent choice here and a selection I have no problem with if he wins. Barrett and Sheamus have some unfinished business to take care of and a match over the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania isn't out of the question.

Daniel Bryan is my favorite to win here though. Bryan and Sheamus' match at last year's Wrestlemania got booted off the card and from what I heard, they put on a great match before the show last year. Sheamus often works well with smaller guys and Bryan hasn't exactly been pushed to show us everything he's got to offer yet. I may be the minority, but Bryan has yet to win me over. While his heel work is great, he hasn't had the worthy opponent to really show off his skills and Sheamus could be that guy. Given fifteen minutes under the bright lights of Wrestlemania, they could potentially steal the show. However, I’m open to someone like Randy Orton or Christian attacking Santino before the match, gaining entry in the match and winning the match. Either of these possibilities works for me. Though just to be safe…

Hamler's Prediction – Daniel Bryan will retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

This match is slightly more unpredictable then the raw elimination chamber. My original pick to win this match would have been Randy Orton; however since he is injured I’m predicting Wade Barrett to win. Wade can win giving Bryan a rematch at 'Mania where Sheamus will also challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship. Orton will return in a few weeks and be added to the match. At Wrestlemania then there will be some sort of multi-man match, possibly with Mark Henry and Christian added.

I gotta admit, after watching SmackDown, this Chamber match is looking up.

The Fans were behind Santino every step of the way when he won the Battle Royal. The ultimate underdog role will be in effect without question and I applaud the way SmackDown ended. The fans were going nuts for Santino and it really made you think that Santino maybe has a chance to pull it off.

While, I'm pretty sure Santino won't win, it does add a surprise factor, and a real underdog that I know the fans are gonna be rooting for. With Randy Orton out, the fans are gonna need another face to really get behind. Big Show is ehh, so that's where Santino comes in.

I'm sure this Chamber match is going to open the show, so I'm interesting in seeing how it plays out. I got a strong feeling Barrett just might get the nod, but at the end of the day, Bryan has come a long way. He's too Hot for his run to end this early. I got Bryan to retain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back