• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2011 Elimination Chamber - Smackdown Chamber Match - World Heavyweight Championship

Well, since the report I have read, I'm leaning more to the mystery Chamber entrant being Christian.

Either way, Edge will retain the World Heavyweight Championship. At Wrestlemania, it will be Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio.

Edge'll win, no doubt. He just won his WHC back from Dolph Ziggler, so I don't think the WWE would let Edge lose it so easily. But, then again, they always have shockers on their hands!

Edge will win here. There's no doubt about it. After winning his 11th World Championship no less than three days ago, it would be pretty stupid for him to lose here. There is one man that is out here and I guess they won't be filling that spot. But I hope they do. I don't know where this Dolph Ziggler storyline is going but I'm sad he's still not in the Smackdown world heavyweight championship chamber. It sucks. Drew MacIntyre doesn't seem to be focused on winning the championship but more focused on the recently released Kelly Kelly. Kane has been quiet since losing to Edge, there's a possiblity of him winning and getting his revenge on Edge. Rey could win and go on to face Del Rio at 'Mania and that I wouldn't mind seing again. Wade Barrett is another man focused on something other than the Heavyweight Championship. Therefor, Edge will retain his Heavyweight Title at the Elimination Chamber and go on to Wrestlemania to defend it.

I would love to say i didn't see the end of that match coming a mile away, but sadly, we all did....

Mysterio and Edge started us off and they were also the final 2. After Rey kicked out of the spear, and Edge kicked out of the 619 WCP, Rey hit another 619 and Edge hit a mid air spear to get the 1,2,3.

Incredibly predictable match, and i lost interest as soon as Big Show was given Zigglers spot, and then also as soon as McIntyre was taken out so early.

Only good part was when Del Rio attacked Edge at the end and Christian made the save.

Very disappointing, but not surprising that Big Show took Ziggler's spot in the match.

This match came off a lot better then I expected. I thought things would look a little more forced with the guys in this match. But it all went pretty smooth. I was surprised Barrett was such a non factor. I was pleasantly surprised on how McIntyre was booked. He had a Hell of a run in this match and really was looking like a beast.

No surprise with the ending though. Edge wins. Christian comes down after the match. It was cool to see him get a little pay back on Del Rio, but they should have put him in the damn Chamber Match.

The better of the two chamber matches IMO.

Very spotty, but the spot's were very well put together. Seriously, Mysterio was getting killed in this match! Kane was dominate as hell.

Seriously, that Barret through the chamber glass spot scared me, it came out of nowhere. Guy's were taking immense spot's in this match. They say this match shorten's your career, it probably took a year or two of Mysterio's career that was let of it.

Edge winning was the obvious, but I started rooting for Mysterio. I started feeling sorry for the guy, he was getting throw here, striked there, slammed everywhere.

Everybody was on tonight as far as playing their part in that match. The spot's were alot, but affective. Mysterio took one hell of a beating, and Barret's chest is gonna feel sore tomorrow.

I thought this was the match of the night and am not very surprised by its results. Why would they take Ziggler out just to put Big Show in? I could get into the stupidity of the whole Ziggler/Edge "title switch" last week and Ziggler's sudden "firing", but that's a topic for another thread. All of the contenders had a good showing in the match and the right choice was made in having Edge retain because his feud with Del Rio is going to be awesome and it was the best potential outcome given who was a contender in the Smackdown Elimination Chamber.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this match... of course the outcome was as expected (as were all the PPV's matches, basically), but the match was more entertaining than i thought. It went on really long, the finish between Mysterio and Edge was really well done - didn't expect that many false finishes and especially Mysterio being booked to look so strong. But the big winner of this match in any case has to be Drew McIntyre... though he wasn't in that long, he was really allowed to make that count, haha... The way he launched Rey against the pod and of course the spot with Barrett really looked intense. In general, he came out looking really good & all about business in this match.

Edge vs Del Rio I suppose should be an alright match, especially with Del Rio pulling some quite decent heat meanwhile, considering his very forced push and all... but I expect this match to be on pretty early on the card nonetheless; it simply doesn't have a WM "big match" feel to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back