WWE Elimination Chamber 2014: WWE WHC Elimination Chamber Match

Extreme Rules is NOT taking place in Bryan's hometown...it's now taking place at the IZOD Center in New Jersey...

I'd like to see Bryan taken out of the Chamber, face Kane instead, and have Lesnar replace him in the Chamber...Lesnar wins the title, goes on to defend it against Batista at WrestleMania, and then Bryan/HHH and Cena/Taker are the other main events...if not, I'll be pissed off...

This is probably the best way to book this at this point.

The second best way to book it is to have it be Orton v. Bryan as the final 2 in the EC. Have HHH interfere to try and make BRyan lose, but screwjob, causing Orton to drop the strap on accident. Bryan becomes champ, goes to WM30 and defends against Batista. Orton/HHH happens at WM30.

Like others have said, I have a feeling that Bryan may not make it to the chamber. I see a one on one with him and Kane.

Orton will most likely walk out with the strap to defend at WM XXX.

I just hope that Cesaro gets a good showing at the chamber. I would like to see him as one of the final 3. He is getting decent reactions from the crowds now and is putting on great matches when WWE lets him go.

As awesome as it would be to see Cesaro or Bryan win the title, I highly doubt both. I think Cesaro should face Taker at Mania.

How about as DB is about to win, lights go out and Taker pulls him under the ring? The logic being that DB has the ultimate challenge to get another title shot. Beat Taker at Mania XXX (which he does).

Other than that, I have no idea how they book this. Going to be good though.

As much as I'd like to see D-Bry win this, Orton uses his rematch and we get a Triple Threat at Mania, I see Orton retaining.

Orton lost most of his "Gauntlet" matches against his other 5 opponents in recent weeks, including Cesaro. It seems pretty likely that he'll clean sweep this one, moving into Wrestlemania to face Batista. Maybe there's a way to slot Bryan into this, but I'm not sure. Either way, it looks as though Orton will take this one, as much of a shame as it may be to us all.

I don't think that Orton walks out on Sunday with the title. I think that too much relies on smart writing between EC and Mania, and making it an Orton v. Batista title match doesn't cut it.

I'm thinking that there'll be a good deal of interference or attempted outside interference in this match. For instance, IF Cena vs. Wyatt is considered "set in stone" for WrestleMania XXX, then I can see them managing to get into the Chamber and keep Cena from winning. The match is no disqualification after all. Given their history with Daniel Bryan, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Bryan could get attacked by them as well.

I suspect that Cena, Bryan & Orton will be the final three in the Chamber and I suspect that Bryan & Cena could be the two guys that wind up starting the match. IF the idea is that Bryan doesn't win the title, I think he'll be the last guy eliminated due to the probability of fans hijacking the rest of the match. IF Bryan doesn't win, I think WWE will go the whole 9 yards to protect him in that he'll be going into the Chamber with an "injured" left shoulder, thereby making him an underdog. He'll show a great deal of grit & tenacity, especially if he's one of the two who starts the match, if he's one of the two guys left and eliminates at least 1 other guy himself. Having outside interference from Kane, Kane costing him the win and demanding a match with Kane on Raw the next night with the stipulation that he's put in the title match if he beats him would be the only way to salvage the WWE WHC match for WrestleMania XXX. If Bryan's not in that match, either as a challenger or the champion, fans will jeer it to the point in which it'll easily be viewed as the worst match on the card.

I think that it is extremely apparent that Orton is walking out with the title considering how weak he has been booked the past few weeks. Daniel Bryan may not have received the greatest booking in the past few months but Orton's has been much worse. The authority has stolen a lot of his heat. He actually probably needs this win more than Bryan does, as silly as that sounds just typing it. This is why I think Orton will go over, but it will not be clean. It's also painfully obvious that Kane is going to screw Daniel Bryan. They will probably be the last 2 guys left in the Chamber.

I think this is set up for Orton to win. He has been losing in recent weeks to make him look weak and to make him retaining the title even more significant. Moreover, Batista vs Orton seems the most likely combination.

I think there is a chance Bryan wins. He is immensely popular and getting him into the WM main-event makes sense. Orton would get his rematch and it would be a triple threat.

I still think Orton wins setting up a match with Batista. I also reckon that The Wyatt Family get involved; costing Cena the match. I'm definitely excited. 6 guys who can really wrestle: it should be fantastic.

With him being booked as the wild-card, WWE should really push Cesaro and give him one hell of a performance in the Chamber. Give him an awesome spot using the Cesaro Swing, let him eliminate a couple of guys, have him start off the Chamber match and last all the way to the final three along with Orton & Bryan. It would make more sense than Bryan, Orton & Cena anyway, if it did come down to Bryan and the 2 heels, making it look like Bryan has no chance of winning, before he eliminates Cesaro and is left alone with Orton. Cesaro has been on a roll lately, with a win over the WWE Champion and a great match against Cena, WWE need to capitlalize on that and make Cesaro look like a star in this match.

This event is held in Brock Lesnar's hometown and he doesn't have a spot ?

It would be really cool if Lesnar takes out Daniel bryan so he is unable to compete in the chamber.

Lesnar - Bryan @ Wrestlemania 30 ( with a David slaying Goliath theme ) and their wrestling background is a big enough match for both.

Plus it allows Vince etc to go forward with their preferred card.

The only issue being what to do with The Undertaker ?

Lets hope Sting has signed.

This feud has been years in the making.

I think a good amount of interference will take place in the match. The Wyatt's will no doubt be the reason John Cena doesn't head into WM XXX as the champion & I could definitely see a Brock Lesnar appearance as well. I also wouldn't be surprised if one of the participants is switched last minute or taken out ala Edge/Kofi in 2009, whether that be the aforementioned Lesnar/Wyatt's or someone else taking a spot in the chamber.

Either way, unfortunately, I predict Randy Orton to walk out as the WWE WHC Champion. I highly doubt Cena vs. Bray will be for the title & the only other person I could even see getting close to winning the match & the title would be Daniel Bryan but I think the WWE & VKM is set on Orton vs. Batista for the title at Mania.

I really wish by some miracle that Lesnar would win the Chamber match for the title, Batista would cash-in his royal rumble title shot immediately after against Lesnar at the EC PPV, lose to Lesnar, Bryan would win a #1 Contender's match & we could FINALLY get Bryan winning the WWE WHC Title after an absolute epic between him & Lesnar at WM XXX. It really is a shame that the WWE won't take advantage of all their possibilities.

Mark my words folks ORTON is going to win for SURE!

Love it or hate it but it's gonna be Orton obviously who'll walk out of the Chamber as the WWE WHC. Otherwise there was no reason for booking him to lose consecutive matches in past few weeks on RAW(even losing to someone like Cesaro). If Orton gonna lose the championship he would have been booked stronger prior to the PPV. But it's clear where WWE is heading. Make him look weak before the PPV and surprise us by making him overcome all the odds in the Chamber.

Another reason why Orton will win? We know Batista is on the line for a WHC match at Mania. And Batista is a FACE. Say Orton loses at the Chamber. Then the only 2 possible winners are Cena and Bryan who are faces too. I doubt that WWE would go for face vs face at Mania. Also you have to realize that if Batista faces someone like Bryan at Mania he'll be booed out of the building.
Batista vs Orton at WM 30 for WHC is permanent. But i do not deny the possibility of a triple threat or fatal 4 way. (Cena vs Orton vs Batista vs Bryan)

Mark my words folks ORTON is going to win for SURE!

Love it or hate it but it's gonna be Orton obviously who'll walk out of the Chamber as the WWE WHC. Otherwise there was no reason for booking him to lose consecutive matches in past few weeks on RAW(even losing to someone like Cesaro). If Orton gonna lose the championship he would have been booked stronger prior to the PPV. But it's clear where WWE is heading. Make him look weak before the PPV and surprise us by making him overcome all the odds in the Chamber.

Another reason why Orton will win? We know Batista is on the line for a WHC match at Mania. And Batista is a FACE. Say Orton loses at the Chamber. Then the only 2 possible winners are Cena and Bryan who are faces too. I doubt that WWE would go for face vs face at Mania. Also you have to realize that if Batista faces someone like Bryan at Mania he'll be booed out of the building.
Batista vs Orton at WM 30 for WHC is permanent. But i do not deny the possibility of a triple threat or fatal 4 way. (Cena vs Orton vs Batista vs Bryan)

Haven't they made him look weak all through his latest title run? Still overcoming odds to beat Cena, I know it probably what WWE will do, but I am sick of this repetitive bullshit man. :banghead:

I agree that there'll be a good amount of interference in this match. I'm expecting Bryan & Cena to be the ones who start the match off with Orton coming in last. I've little doubt that Bray Wyatt will interfere, or at least attempt to interfere, in this match. If he's not able to fully get into the Chamber itself, he'll provide enough of a distraction to cause Cena to lose. Personally, I'd save a full blown confrontation between them for Raw. It'd give people that much more to look forward to for the show and the Chamber match won't be overshadowed by interference.

When it comes to Daniel Bryan, I think he'll be one of the first two to start the match off and I think he'll be one of the final two. With him having an "injured" left shoulder, I think they'll go the route of Bryan playing the scrappy, tough underdog who makes a helluva comeback. Since Kane is the "Director of Operations, he probably has a key to open the Chamber. I can see him going in to help Orton retain and either cost Bryan the match or accidentally screwing up so that Orton winds up losing. If Orton retains, I think that they could set up a match on Raw Monday night for Bryan against Kane; if Bryan wins, he's faces Orton & Batista in a triple threat. I could also see them forcing Bryan to run the gauntlet again in which he has to go through a couple, maybe even three opponents, before finally getting to Kane. If Bryan wins, I can see Orton coming out on Monday, foaming out the mouth, pretty much talking to himself and demanding his rematch against Bryan. The Authority, figuring on doing what's "best for business" sees that the best chance to make the most money is to go ahead and let Batista & Orton have their matches at WrestleMania, thereby making it a triple threat anyhow. If Bryan's out of the match altogether, then WWE had best resign themselves to the fact that the fans in New Orleans will hijack Orton vs. Batista and shit all over it.

Given how things look, it's certainly logical to expect Orton to retain. If Orton does retain, you'll have fans screaming that they're tired of being jerked around and dirtsheet writers frothing at the mouth in disgust at Triple H & Vince. If Bryan win, you'll have some fans & writers coming out of the woodwork saying that, while it's nice he finally won, it didn't have the "big moment feel" they were hoping for. No matter what happens tomorrow night, people are gonna be pissed of, denouncing WWE for the same old bullshit reasons, griping about some perfect scenario that either could have or should have come across, etc. You know, the typical post ppv armchair booking.

Batista vs Orton at WM 30 for WHC is permanent.

This is fundamentally untrue. Not that Creative won't STICK with the plan, but that there is no way possible to yank Batista out of that matchup between now and WM 30.

I do think a Triple Threat match is likely, and if Creative is smart about it, the WM 30 buildup for the next month will have DB EARNING that spot in battle, one way or another. But I doubt it; they'll just have a Deus Ex McMahon moment on the Feb. 24th Raw and put DB in the match just like that.

This is fundamentally untrue. Not that Creative won't STICK with the plan, but that there is no way possible to yank Batista out of that matchup between now and WM 30.

I do think a Triple Threat match is likely, and if Creative is smart about it, the WM 30 buildup for the next month will have DB EARNING that spot in battle, one way or another. But I doubt it; they'll just have a Deus Ex McMahon moment on the Feb. 24th Raw and put DB in the match just like that.

Well, it is possible to take Batista out the match. Batista could cut a sappy promo about how he's tried to ignore the crowd for so long, but he can't avoid how vocal the WWE Universe has been and chooses to give up his title shot to the man they really want to see...Daniel Bryan. Being the first Royal Rumble winner to give up his Mania main event shot could give him a big face reaction, which is good if the WWE was really keen on stopping the crowd from booing Batista every time he came out.

Now, in terms of the Chamber, I think it's clear that the winner of the match will either be Orton or Bryan (to give him an easy way into the Mania main event, making a triple threat). Realistically, I'm sure Orton will win. I can only see this match ending one of two ways...

1. The final participants are Cena and Orton (and the crowd of Yes! chants in the background). Just when it looks like Cena is about to win, the lights go out. Lights come back on and Bray Wyatt hits the Kiss of Death (or Sister Abigail, or whatever he calls his finisher) on Cena and then rolls Orton onto Cena for the win. This sets up Cena vs Bray at Mania.

2. The final participants are Bryan and Orton. Just when it looks like Bryan is about to win, The Authority interferes somehow. Most likely it would be Kane entering the chamber and attacking and/or distracting Bryan. Giving Orton the opportunity to capitalize. If WWE wants HHH vs Bryan for Mania, they could have a promo the next night where Kane admits everything he's done to Bryan the last couple weeks has been because of direct orders from HHH, setting HHH vs Bryan into motion.

I think the entrants will be knocked out like this:

Christian
Cesaro/Sheamus (If the WWE really does like what they see from Cesaro so far, Sheamus exits after Christian. On the fence with this one).
Cena
Bryan
Orton winning.

I do like your Wyatt interference HH. They've got to get the ball rolling on this storyline if it's their plan.

20140130_EP_LIGHT_EC_matches_6man_HOMEPAGE.jpg

This is the match I am the most interested in on the card and likely what will end up being the match of the night. Everyone in it is capable of providing a great match, let alone when they will all be in an Elimination Chamber match together! It's quite an impressive lineup of 5 former World Champions plus Cesaro who has a huge opportunity. Let's take a look at each competitor....

Sheamus
Probably not going to win, not now that we only have one World Championship as opposed to two. I can see Sheamus getting a title shot during the summer if he picks up some momentum, not during Wrestlemania season though. He's in the match to add more big names to the mix being a former World Heavyweight Champion. I predict he is the 2nd to be eliminated.

Christian
I'm a big fan of Christian, but even I don't think he has a chance of winning this. He is at that point in his career when he will be trying to get ONE.... MORE.... MATCH.... and ultimately making the champions look better in the process. I'd love to see a Christian victory, however he's in this to put over the others. Sadly I think he will be the first elimination.

Antonio Cesaro
What a massive opportunity for Cesaro. While I highly doubt he will win, this is a chance for him to truly showcase what he can do. He is the only one in the match who has not held a World Championship in the WWE before. He won't win, but I expect him to be given a chance to show he can compete with the world title tier wrestlers. I think he will be the 3rd elimination.

Daniel Bryan
The wrestler who I want to win this match. Unfortunately who we WANT to win is not always who DOES win. I can see Bryan losing this match to further fuel the fans' desire to see him win the big one at Wrestlemania 30. Why ruin the potential for his Wrestlemania moment by giving him the title when we are so close? The bigger payoff will be available if he can get placed in the Wrestlemania 30 title match due to a strong showing here after ultimately coming up short. I predict he'll be the final elimination.

Randy Orton
The current WWE World Heavyweight Champion puts his belt on the line in a match where the odds aren't in his favor. I think he will pull off a retention though. The best possible world title match given the current booking path is a triple threat between Randy Orton, Batista, and Daniel Bryan. Orton retaining makes more sense than any of the challengers winning, including Bryan. He needs to walk into Wrestlemania as the champion.

John Cena
Never count out Cena in a World Championship match. He might win but his statement of the future stars having to "go through him" hints at a loss. It's between Cena or Bryan for the final elimination.

The show ends with Randy Orton having retained after last eliminating Daniel Bryan. That way they can set up for the triple threat match. It's what would be best for business as Trips would say.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Randy Orton retains the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Sadly, all signs point to WWE going through with Orton versus Batista one-on-one at WrestleMania. They teased it this past Monday with Batista calling Orton the ass of the WWE in a backstage segment that made me cringe.

I really hope I am wrong, and we get some sort of curveball tonight. As much as I don't want to see Ortista close the show, this wouldn't be the first time a WrestleMania main event fell flat.

WM 27: Miz and Cena clash in one of the most underwhelming Mania endings of all-time.
WM 29: Cena Pins Rock clean and they have a show of respect to a chorus of boos as the credits roll.

The authority storyline needs to end before it jumps the shark, and I can hear the "Jaws" theme music tuning up now.

The more I think about this match the more I think that Bryan winning is a possibility. His popularity is so impressive that the WWE might be tempted to get him into that Mania main-event. Orton would have his rematch and it would be a triple threat.

I still think, however, Orton wins. The last few weeks of build have been leading towards Orton winning. Orton vs Batista might be a little underwhelming but I'm ok with it. This match will be of a high quality. 6 talented guys plus the situation with The Wyatt Family and Triple H.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back